Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm late to the party but love ya Lord TSC & astradave ;)

Username. Compatibility
    Lord TSC x10
    astradave x10
    homerjay2005 x9
    Maximus Alexander x8
    adox x8
    RobertKK x7
    JP Liz V1 x7
    zerks. x7
    TheDoc x6
    coolhull x6
    J. Marston x6

On another note, I really really enjoyed the game the other night, couldn't believe how fast we were moving the ball FORWARD and with purpose. Rooney was great as was Martial. Mata played very well as #10. Hopefully we can keep it up for Chelsea on Sunday.

You got TSC and dave on a ten followed up with homer on nine?? Wtf the game is flawed or else your easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    You got TSC and dave on a ten followed up with homer on nine?? Wtf the game is flawed or else your easy :)

Now now Jayo just cos you're not on my list there's no need to be jealous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

secman wrote: »
    I'm going to get off this circle now... it's as relevant as the point you were making... there are no absolutes with an appointment of a manager only aspirations. No guarantee that the "Messiah " would be successful .. look I like many many others wouldn't like to see him at United, whereas you and many many others would . It would therefore at the off be a divisive appointment, probably why it hasn't been made by the hierarchy at United.

Anyways onwards and upwards this weekend, hopefully ! See a quote from Lindegard that they were allowed to express themselves more in the last couple of games. Hopefully the confidence factor continues and that the defence holds up !

The point I am making is that he would be familiar with the squad so wouldn't need much time to decide who he wants in and out, that was it, no thoughts or claims whatsoever on how successful he would be at the club, nothing like that at all no circle to be got off, you either picked it up wrong and are refusing to admit it, or you are being deliberately odd about it. My point was pretty relevant as it was directly answering a post which was suggesting the summer would be wasted with him assessing the squad etc thus delaying transfers.

Your point is in relation to how his season went with Chelsea, which is nothing to do with what was being discussed, and not relevant.

Then you have another incorrect assumption in that I want Mourinho at the club, whereas if you had read any of my posts on the subject you would already know I don't want him anywhere near the club.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Username Compatibility
    GT_TDI_150
    tupac_healy
    Lord TSC
    Al Capwned
    Cork Soccer SixaSide
    swoody
    12gauge dave
    The_Kew_Tour
    gerrybbadd
    rovert
    yermandan

LordTSC will have a laugh at one on that list

• Carrick getting his contract extended for one year.

Good news IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I find it odd that if the club were bringing Jose in next season anyway then why not appoint him over Christmas period when we were (most) dire? Are we to believe Utd only approached Jose the other day or whenever MEN were reporting Woodward "decided " to get rid of LvG.

Still don't know if I would like Jose though I would take anyone over Giggs..

I'm hoping.......his "by mutual consent" meant that he had to abstain from managing another premier league team for the year.

Knew an announcement was on its way one way or the other when the article came out saying he was considering his options :) Delighted to have him for another year, a real calming influence on the team and one who actually knows how to win things!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for this.

Whatsisname|10
    astradave|10
    yermandan|10
    Pro. F|9
    beno619|7
    Lord TSC|6
    adox|5
    TheDoc|5
    M!Ck^|5
    westernfrenzy|4
    Vic Vinegar|4

Now now Jayo just cos you're not on my list there's no need to be jealous :D

I dont care im on brinty's list it's quality over quantity IMO :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Carrick getting his contract extended for one year.

Good news IMO

Sport Witness reporting Varela is close to a new contract as well.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/man-united-could-have-good-news-on-defender-signing-up-in-coming-

Varela gave an interview to a paper in Uruguay.
    He was ready to leave in January but Van Gaal wouldn't let him leave as he wanted more game time.
    "At my age it is essential to have more minutes, but I know it's good that the coach wants to count on me, he told Ovación.
    According to the Uruguayan newspaper, the player is set to renew his contract with the club. His agents are looking to “improve the conditions” and they might have some good news about him signing in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

You know it buddy, couldn't have my assistant manager missing out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

does this mean we have to kiss each other? I'm scared

Boards Matchmaking!beta

now ye're lovin'

Username
    Compatibility
    Lord TSC
    beno619
    x9
    sigmundv
    x5
    Pro. F
    x5
    jayo26
    x4
    Whatsisname
    x4
    astradave
    x4
    RobertKK
    x4
    Cookie_Dough
    x3
    M!Ck^
    x3
    TheDoc
    x3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Sure gowan...

Whatsisname|10
    The_Kew_Tour|8
    lordgoat|7
    Donnielighto|7
    yermandan|7
    Pro. F |6
    Lord TSC|6
    Vic Vinegar|6
    TheDoc|6
    v3ttel|5
    beno619|5

Ah Lordgoat, is he still about?

bangkok wrote: »

Boards Matchmaking!beta

now ye're lovin'

Username
    Compatibility
    Lord TSC
    beno619
    x9
    sigmundv
    x5
    Pro. F
    x5
    jayo26
    x4
    Whatsisname
    x4
    astradave
    x4
    RobertKK
    x4
    Cookie_Dough
    x3
    M!Ck^
    x3
    Fellaini

Fixed yours pal

That's harsh man, very harsh!

Boards Matchmaking!beta

now ye're lovin'

Username

Compatibility
    Lord TSC
    beno619
    x9
    sigmundv
    x5
    Pro. F
    x5
    jayo26
    x4
    Whatsisname
    x4
    astradave
    x4
    RobertKK
    x4
    Cookie_Dough
    x3
    M!Ck^
    x3
    TheDoc
    x3

Yay I made somebody's list! I <3 Bangkok 4 lyf :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Neville took on a hell of a job, mid season, totally out of his comfort zone. I think he could be a good manager you know, this experience will do him well. They had been playing a little better before tonight, though the Valencia fans are not known for their patience which is why the last manager was booted out. They made there mistake a couple of sackings ago really but as far as Gary Nev goes I hope he isn't too discouraged by how this is turning out. He clearly has a very good understanding of the game and he should have taken this as a shot to nothing and used it as experience for his future.

Giggs shouldn't be in the frame for the United job, regardless of what Neville does.

With all due respect to Neville, because I like the guy, but your going easy on him here as he has been totally inept as a manager at Valencia so far. Not a single La Liga win, an overall win rate of 26.67%. He has already had to deny he will resign, the club’s sporting director Suso García Pitarch described it as “one of the worst results in our history” and refused to give any assurances over Nevilles future.

He has only been there since December. Saying he took something out of his comfort is another mark against him. He is risking damaging a good club by taking a position he can't cope with and at the same time taking the job away from a proven manager who could have done much better.

I hope Valencia give him a second season as always in life there is a chance to learn and grow and turn it around but he is at risk of getting the chop at the end of the season if he continues like this. You could hardly blame them if they did.

It would be hard for Gary to return to Sky after this also, people who question his "expert" punditry and knowledge of the game after failing so badly to implement any of it in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That's harsh man, very harsh!

Yay I made somebody's list! I <3 Bangkok 4 lyf :D:cool:

Was mine not good enough for you? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How am I not in anyone's list?!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »

we prefer...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL17BaKDuhQifYMBqJmTL7gZji6ducF21hUoDcZG18L7eMkDu7

Was mine not good enough for you? :(

Sorry..I didn't see your list :( Please don't break up with me, I can change I swear! I have enough love to share for all in the Man Utd Superthread...

you're on mine regardless of what that app says Mars ;)

A survey of 2,000 Valencia fans, 88% want Gary Neville to resign.
    United fans would be up in arms too, as we were during the dark months of November and December.

Meanwhile on the 6 match Premier League form guide, United have moved to 5th best on form with 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

We are all gay :pac: :p

You don't post in here very much these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No surprises here :o

376816.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

we prefer...

I do too actually! :pac:
    brinty wrote: »
    you're on mine regardless of what that app says Mars ;)

<3
    RobertKK wrote: »
    We are all gay :pac: :p

You said it, not me!
    You don't post in here very much these days!

Yeah that's true too. Neither does MikeyT086 and if it's done by thanks and quoting, I don't see why some of those posters would be on my list. I think it's stuck in a time warp from when it was first started!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think if it was based on likes alone Mars, you would be at the top of everyones list for the jersey picture alone! :pac:

That had to have been post of the day!

I think if it was based on likes alone Mars, you would be at the top of everyones list for the jersey picture alone! :pac:

That had to have been post of the day!

It wasn't post of the day which made it even worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoc wrote: »

Yeah I can see me and Pro.F having a perfectly happy home :D

He's high on my list too, plus I'm currently in mortgage\buying fun land... would he settle for a 4 bed in Swords?

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    He's high on my list too, plus I'm currently in mortgage\buying fun land... would he settle for a 4 bed in Swords?

He's high up on mine too. He really gets around does Pro. F, the little floozy.

He's high up on mine too. He really gets around does Pro. F, the little floozy.

You're some floozy... whoorin around with the likes of Pro F.. and forgeting about the likes of me

and I thought we were friends... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anybody else watch that Martial finish 100 times, I haven't been so excited about a player since Ronaldo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »

Man he talks some load of rubbish.

Hopefully the justice system shuts him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Username Compatibility
    Pro. F X 10
    Lord TSC X 6
    beno619 X 6
    TheDoc X 5
    yermandan X 5
    Mitch Connor X 5
    The_Kew_Tour X 4
    Whatsisname X 4
    Loki98 X 4
    Vic Vinegar X 4
    astradave X 3

:D

Headshot wrote: »
    Man he talks some load of rubbish.

Hopefully the justice system shuts him up

doubt his dad even cares

milliondollarmope.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »

Barca will eventually 'find' the cash to pay him what he wants, to be honest he would be mental to leave Barca for United. They are going to clean up all trophies for the foreseeable future.

If Woody is actively trying to sign him then that is a positive sign but I hope we have more realistic targets scouted

• Lord TSC wrote: »

It's just another excuse to use Man Utd as a contract bargaining tool in order for Neymar to get a better contract with Barca

Just seen we've got City, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham and Everton in our last 8 games

We really need to start getting points on the board

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    You're some floozy... whoorin around with the likes of Pro F.. and forgeting about the likes of me

and I thought we were friends... :eek:

The scale can only rank up ten hearts, so obviously your name would be somewhere way above it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Username Compatibility
    Pro. F X 10
    Lord TSC X 6
    beno619 X 6
    TheDoc X 5
    yermandan X 5
    Mitch Connor X 5
    The_Kew_Tour X 4
    Whatsisname X 4
    Loki98 X 4
    Vic Vinegar X 4
    astradave X 3

:D

You bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Anybody else watch that Martial finish 100 times, I haven't been so excited about a player since Ronaldo

our best team goal in ages. people are comparing it to the Ronaldo goal in CL Semi V Arsenal in 2009.

surely theres been a few like that since? i can think of the Park/Nani/Rooney combo against Arsenal in 2010 also....

eitherway, amazing goal....

The scale can only rank up ten hearts, so obviously your name would be somewhere way above it.

You've redeemed yourself with that comment... you b***h you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Didn't see it posted here but news on twitter this morning was Jorge Mendes telling O Jogo newspaper that Utd made an offer for Renato Sanches but Benfica want €60M flat. Interesting to see if Utd try again in the summer.
    Jan Hagen ‏@PortuBall 6h6 hours ago
    Jorge Mendes has confirmed to O Jogo that Man United made a €40m(€30m + bonuses) bid for Benfica's Renato Sanches.

Jan Hagen ‏@PortuBall 6h6 hours ago
    Man United were even willing to pay Benfica €40m + €20m in bonuses for Renato Sanches, but Benfica want €60m right away for the 18-year-old.

Barca will eventually 'find' the cash to pay him what he wants, to be honest he would be mental to leave Barca for United. They are going to clean up all trophies for the foreseeable future.

If Woody is actively trying to sign him then that is a positive sign but I hope we have more realistic targets scouted

His father said according to Marca 'the renewal of the Barcelona is standing by causes pending in the courts.'

So a bad court ruling for the Neymar family and he says goodbye to Spain...otherwise it is a renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Squad for Europa League is out too.
    De Gea, Romero, Johnstone, Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Shaw, Varela, Darmian, Poole, Blind, Mata, Carrick, Young, Herrera, Valencia, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Lingard, Memphis, Rooney, Martial, Keane

EDIT: Pereira, CBJ, McNair don't need to be registered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wonder if Poole is included with a view to giving him a chance or naming him a squad or two, or because we have to name any eligible players in the squad if we have room for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Just seen we've got City, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham and Everton in our last 8 games

We really need to start getting points on the board

if we finish 4th would people see that as a good or bad season overall, assuming we dont win either cup?

i think if many people were being honest, they would have expected us to finish higher than 4th and mount a title challenge but based off how the season has panned out, 4th will be seen as a success even though the reality is, 4th is not good enough for United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Fourth would be a success considering the first half of the season but not good enough i was expecting a good go at the title and a better run in the champions league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement