Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

jayo26 wrote: »
    334ls1w.jpg

For the day thats in it.

wu58q8.jpg

Would have loved to have seen those lads play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Would have loved to have seen those lads play!

Thats the biggest pity about it and why it's so hard to compare players most of us are going on stories and small bits of clips in years to come it Be so easy to see players like ronaldo and Cantona and see what they were like but we have very little on the old legends.

Id get very anything to see Duncan Edwards play he is one player that even tho he was so young everything about him shaped the way united played kids over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Were Hazard / Oscar relatively young when he moved for them. I couldn't care less if he buys or promotes youth so long as it's a young squad. You could argue in Fergie later years he didn't do to much youth promotion alienating the likes of Pogba when it looked like we were crying out for him.

You can also argue that LVG has laid the foundation for him.

Martial, Depay, Darmian, CBJ, Varela

I disagree on both points, Mourinho has never brought through an academy player at Chelsea.

Fergie has Evans, Welbeck and Flether to name a few.

CBJ and Verela are only there because of injuries and weren't part of his plans in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Can't believe some people are still hanging on to "Jose play defensively" point. Jose's team always scored most goals or second most goals in the league.

His team was third only 1 time and that was the time when his team scored 3rd highest goals.

Mourinho's career statistics (full seasons):
    Porto 2002-03: 73 goals, 2nd most goals in the league
    Porto 2003-04: 63 goals, most goals in the league
    Chelsea 2004-05: 72 goals, 2nd most goals in the league
    Chelsea 2005-06: 72 goals, most goals in the league
    Chelsea 2006-07: 64 goals, 2nd most goals in the league
    Inter 2008-09: 70 goals, most goals in the league
    Inter 2009-10: 75 goals, most goals in the league
    Real Madrid 2010-11: 102 goals, most goals in the league
    Real Madrid 2011-12: 121 goals, most goals in the league (La Liga record, not even the greatest of all time team Barcelona could beat it)
    Real Madrid 2012-13: 102 goals, 2nd most goals in the league
    Chelsea 2013-14: 71 goals, 3rd most goals in the league (first time he's not in top 2!)
    Chelsea 2014-15: 73 goals, 2nd most goals in the league

When it comes to big games, yeah he plays defensively but I can live with that when he can play attacking game against 15-16 teams in the league.

Number of goals scored is not a good measure of how attacking the football is. When you've got one of the richest/strongest teams in the league, it's possible to score plenty of goals on the counter, while still limiting the numbers committed forward.

True, he is better in run-of-the-mill league play when things are going well, although he's still fairly conservative. But then when it comes to big games, or there's any sort of pressure on league reults, he plays awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

That's not what people said though.

Every time somebody says they don't want Mourinho because of his character or defensive football somebody responds by saying Fergie had character flaws and also played defensive football. The two are miles apart on both counts, but people who want Mourinho at the club try to pretend they are similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ronaldo last November didn't rule out working with Mourinho again.
    Hazard is sorry that Mourinho lost his job and says he feels responsible due to his loss of form.
    I don't think Mata and Jose fell out, Mata did want to play for United.

So I don't really think he is divisive on a large scale, one or two players yes, but so has other managers whether hat is Fergie or LVG for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hazard is sorry that Mourinho lost his job and says he feels responsible due to his loss of form.

So I don't really think he is divisive on a large scale, one or two players yes, but so has other managers whether hat is Fergie or LVG for example.

Words are cheap Ronaldo and Hazard gain nothing from stirring the pot.

Nobody has a clue what Mata's motivations were.

Your right they aint nothing like it haha

I was fully expecting to see RobertKK after liking your post but no it was businesscat haha.

I get a contractor to deal with the slurry no ham sandwiches and slurry aromas for me :pac:

I am on my own tractor, it is the appropriate colour and named after our greatest manager ever, it is a red Massey Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

To be honest, people are painting him as some sort of messianic figure. I mean here you're pretty much literally saying that he's the only man in the world of football who can save United. I don't think one has to be ignorant of the trouble United are in to disagree with that.

Yeah fair point. What I meant is the suggestions of Pochettino etc who would potentially be good appointments further down the line but not at this time.

What Utd need is the next manager to be a manager who brings the least risk with him, in terms of making the club successful again and challenging, seriously challenging for major honours. Mourhino is the only available manager that fits that bill and even managers that aren't available at the moment, I can't think of any ahead of him I'd approach. Pep is gone as is Ancelloti. It really is a no brainer to move for Mourhino.

It's the pragmatic move and the best short term move for Utd, which will also make it a better mid to long term move for the club as well. I'd much prefer to see a Pochettino come in with Utd having another title under their belt and being serious challengers than being appointed post Van Gaal.

I get the argument that Mourhino can be an unsavoury character etc but the clubs needs, and indeed Mourhinos proven success far outweigh any dislike that people may have for him.

I think there was more of an argument to not appoint him post Fergie(although he would have been my choice) than there is now.

beno619 wrote: »
    Words are cheap Ronaldo and Hazard gain nothing from stirring the pot.

Yet Mourinho was at the premiere of the Ronaldo movie, unlike Florentino Perez...

Mata wanted more game time, but he had spoken before any of that about he would like Chelsea to play like United (it was the Fergie era).
    So I think he always had a soft spot for United and took it with both hands when the opportunity arose.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »

I know it's also a good few year ago but the Porto players the chelsea players first time round and the inter players all loved him they would break threw walls for him.

It dont take much for a manager to fall out with the madrid dressing room they aint many managers there that they love.

Also the chelsea dressing room over the years has showed some toxic signs top with the likes of avb and scollari so it's not a sign that he would come straight into united and be disruptive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

beno619 wrote: »

Pretty obvious. It was the only way he was going to be able to link up with Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Imagine Jose doing this at Anfield next season as United manager:pac:

e3q5Tib.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Imagine Jose doing this at Anfield next season as United manager:pac:

FdSzawX.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Mouinho is the best manager of the last decade and always brings trophies.

His last two clubs are sides where people upstairs like to interfere on the managers decisions.

He looked burnt out this season and the break will do him good.

A refreshed Mourinho with a point to prove and full control of decisions at the club would be fantastic.

United are in danger of turning into Liverpool and Mourinho is the best manager around to get United back to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Breaking News: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp misses today's game against Sunderland as he is expected to be announced as Ryan Giggs assistant at Celtic in the next 48 hours.......

Source www.imadeitup.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

HUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:D

Come on huth lol

Come on huth lol

lol i saw what you typed...........sneaky edit.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    lol i saw what you typed...........sneaky edit.

Bloody ninja im telling ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very early on and I'm probably jinxing Leicester (Hopefully, because I have money on City...) but if Leicester did win the league this season where would it rank in terms of football's greatest accomplishments?

zerks wrote: »

Thats brilliant haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

J. Marston wrote: »
    Very early on and I'm probably jinxing Leicester (Hopefully, because I have money on City...) but if Leicester did win the league this season where would it rank in terms of football's greatest accomplishments?

Top 3 from certain relegation last season to winning the league, its like one of those cheesy sports movies you watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I really feel our only chance of top 4 at this stage is for Leicester to implode. Dosent look likely at this stage but feel we need City to give them a good beating to sap confidence.

I really feel our only chance of top 4 at this stage is for Leicester to implode. Dosent look likely at this stage but feel we need City to give them a good beating to sap confidence.

Arsenal are playing **** as are city they will be chances we have to worry about our own form and someone will slip up.

The state of Sterling's sideburns LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

J. Marston wrote: »
    Well, it would easily trump Denmark and Greece's Euro Championship wins, and they are often seen as the benchmark for football's greatest/most unexpected accomplishments.

Mahrez cracking goal come on Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mahrez, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fantastic finish, they play so much positive football - big props to Ranieri for what he's done.

Canadel wrote: »
    Well, it would easily trump Denmark and Greece's Euro Championship wins, and they are often seen as the benchmark for football's greatest/most unexpected accomplishments.

Alot easier for an outsider to do well In the cup the last major league upset was notts forrest after getting promoted in the early 80s.

Biggest crowd at the Ethihad today...it's like a morgue apart from the away fans.

Guys this may hurt a few on here, but i would sacrifice Mata for Mahrez.

Sorry Juan please forgive meeee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It was like end of the world when we missed out on Otamendi, looks like we haven't miss out on anything.

• Advertisement

MEN reporting that United did not intend to buy Renato Sanches in January, but do want him in the summer. They say Jorge Mendes was asked about him and that Ed was told he would cost £46 million and that Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are all interested in signing him.

Huth again

Huth Huth Huth Huth

Pep taking over flops... Leicester 3 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looks like no CL football next year

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It was like end of the world when we missed out on Otamendi, looks like we haven't miss out on anything.

Same when we missed out on Pedro

Looks like no CL football next year

yeah a win tomorrow and four points behind City, it is looking bad for City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really think that we have a chance to catch either City or Arsenal if we win tomorrow, both are in poor form

Same when we missed out on Pedro

When it was Ed putting in ground work to sign Neymar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Alot easier for an outsider to do well In the cup the last major league upset was notts forrest after getting promoted in the early 80s.

Montpellier pipping PSG to the title a few years back with Giroud banging them in up their aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Guys this may hurt a few on here, but i would sacrifice Mata for Mahrez.

Sorry Juan please forgive meeee

Outside of Martial, Smalling and De Gea I'd sacrifice anybody for him.

Outside of Martial, Smalling and De Gea I'd sacrifice anybody for him.

My love for Ander and Juan is strong but you may be right on that one. He is by far the most exciting player to watch in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Would love to sign Mahrez. What a player.

A city implosion causing them to miss out on the CL would be glorious.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    A city implosion causing them to miss out on the CL would be glorious.

If we win Europa and they finish 4th, do they miss out on Champs League?

That would be epic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement