Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,372 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

markc91 wrote: »
    Would Mourinho be happy working under a director of football?

Depends on the role itself - Director of Football has a nasty viewing in English football, but if the role is well defined it is a role a club should have.

Also, Berta is being spoken of as a Sporting/Technical director. What the differnce is, I am not sure.

In terms of a sporting director of some kind, he had one at chelsea, and would have had one at Madrid and I assume Porto had one (most Portuguese sides do I think) and I think Inter Milan have such a role as well.

Such a role is not uncommon in football these days, most continental clubs have them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I just think with his ego it would be strange for him to work under a DoF

He wouldn't work under a director of football.

He would be Head Coach of the club and would work with others who look after administration/football parts of the club like scouting or transfer negotiation.

Van Gaal, Mourinho, whoever is managing the first team can't look after all football parts of the club on his own.

Marco Branca or another person brought in won't be telling the first team coach how to do his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

GSPfan wrote: »
    He'll have to be. If Mourinho is going to be United manager he is going to have to be on his best behaviour cause there's no way United will let him away with all the sh1t he pulls.

They should ban him from talking about referees as a clause in his contract. His conspiracy theorys are embarassing.

A good idea , but I suspect it would be a deal-breaker for Mourinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I would think a DoF would look after the negotiations for players we wanted to buy?

Ie the manager says I want that one and the DoF would go about trying to sign them.

That role is currently being fulfilled by Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Would Mourinho be happy working under a director of football?

One of the rags, can't remember which one, suggested that Jose has chosen Berta as an assistant.

Meanwhile quotes from LvG

Van Gaal said: "When there is such nonsense written about me, I cannot believe there is already a relationship between Jose Mourinho and United."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35515598

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two things...

1. It's nearly all speculation, though that could be a translation thing. "This may happen" type of stuff.
    2. Its on DiMarzio's site, but the author seems to be David Amoyal....that said, DiMarzio's official twitter account has also been retweeting it.

Apparently, Berta is the guy in charge of their non-Spanish transfers which looks like a list with far more hits than misses. Would be an interesting appointment if there's any weight to it.

IIRC David Amoyal just translates everything Di Marzio types. He doesn't add any of his stories. If Di Marzio farts then Amoyal farts in English.

• Juan Mata 5/1 to score anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

If Mourinho comes on board I can see either Modric or Bale and John Stones been signed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Arsenal lucky not to be down to 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I've some bloody hangover but was priceless to see the hipster city fans face.. Leicester look soo good and then Sunderland just go and make all the pool fans leave the pub.

Now for round two i need a cure see ye all later :)

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    If Mourinho comes on board I can see either Modric or Bale and John Stones been signed

I reckon he was scouting reus yesterday he be a great addition to central midfield for us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well, Ed Woodward is working hard on getting United into shape.
    Most important thing is he has the club in a very strong financial situation, which opens up the opportunities for success on the pitch.

Looks like he has the manager situation under control.

Has been working on transfers for the summer, trying to get Neymar, and it seems Renato Sanches who Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern want could be on his way too, they are transfers we have heard he is working on, some may think the Neymar one is crazy, but if you don't try it is crazy.
    Maybe John Stones or Laporte - Laporte is wanted by Barcelona.

I think Ed is well prepared for the arrival of Pep to Manchester and is working hard to have his revolution at Old Trafford to bring back success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Don't suppose Arsenal could do a Liverpool?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Well, Ed Woodward is working hard on getting United into shape.
    Most important thing is he has the club in a very strong financial situation, which opens up the opportunities for success on the pitch.

Looks like he has the manager situation under control.

Has been working on transfers for the summer, trying to get Neymar, and it seems Renato Sanches who Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern want could be on his way too, they are transfers we have heard he is working on, some may think the Neymar one is crazy, but if you don't try it is crazy.
    Maybe John Stones or Laporte - Laporte is wanted by Barcelona.

I think Ed is well prepared for the arrival of Pep to Manchester and is working hard to have his revolution at Old Trafford to bring back success.

Your tractor is in overdrive rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

A win is a must now if the Arsenal score stays that way, otherwise top 4 will become an uphill battle.

Don't suppose Arsenal could do a Liverpool?

Nope they win a league soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

madcabbage wrote: »
    A win is a must now if the Arsenal score stays that way, otherwise top 4 will become an uphill battle.

At worst a draw, and close the gap to City, who for all the talk have not been that impressive this season.
    But a win would be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

After watching that Sky Mourinho interview about him remaining in England has convinced me he's going to Utd at the end of the season. I bet Giggs will remain as number 2, still being groomed as the manager one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

madcabbage wrote: »

We won once there in the league since 2002,we may make it 2 wins today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

After watching that Sky Mourinho interview about him remaining in England has convinced me he's going to Utd at the end of the season. I bet Giggs will remain as number 2, still being groomed as the manager one day.

He mentioned London a lot which had me thinking about Arsenal.

If Wenger was to leave this season or next season, do you reckon he would choose them over us if i had that option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

GSPfan wrote: »
    He'll have to be. If Mourinho is going to be United manager he is going to have to be on his best behaviour cause there's no way United will let him away with all the sh1t he pulls.

They should ban him from talking about referees as a clause in his contract. His conspiracy theorys are embarassing.

AH come on now....Fergie did it every second week it's an easy way to take the emphasis off how bad you're playing and shift the talk towards the 3rd party. It's a tactic employed throughout the premier league on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

He also said his home was going to stay in London, and he was ready to move now (no gardening leave or other reason to not take the United job in Dec/Jan). Very hard to see him sharing authority with a DoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rui Faria has been Mourinho's assistant for his whole career, more or less.

If we get Mourinho, I'm guessing he's bringing Faria with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Sand wrote: »
    He also said his home was going to stay in London, and he was ready to move now (no gardening leave or other reason to not take the United job in Dec/Jan). Very hard to see him sharing authority with a DoF.

He going back to Chelsea.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

He going back to Chelsea.......

Bit of me thought that too. But nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Rumours of no martial today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thank god I'm wrong

• Advertisement

Herrera and schneiderlin benched dafuq?

Thank god I'm wrong

No Januzaj,he was out in Manchester last night celebrating his birthday so he must have been given the news yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LVG doesn't trust the duo. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata playing through the middle a thing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah, silly playing a team that has actually played well together recently.

Mata playing through the middle a thing now?

He's better there.

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    LVG doesn't trust the duo. :/

Tbf Fellani has played well alongside carrick

• markc91 wrote: »

Get out, your upsetting me : P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Badly need a win today to keep the momentum going. C'mon United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That was last week

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

hopefully another good result today. hopefully costa gets an early red card

• Advertisement

I don't want that ^ Chelsea with 10 playing ultra negatively is not conducive to us getting a win :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

zerks wrote: »
    He's better there.

Would seem a natural position for him yet I don't think he's gotten a long run there at the club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I don't want that ^ Chelsea with 10 playing ultra negatively is not conducive to us getting a win :)

What about being 3-0 up in the 80th min and he gets sent off.

Id be happy enough with that outcome.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What about being 3-0 up in the 80th min and he gets sent off.

Id be happy enough with that outcome.

Oh I'd be thrilled with that obviously :)

Neville definitely getting the sack after today. Lost 1-0 to Real Betis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Neville definitely getting the sack after today. Lost 1-0 to Real Betis

Back to putting the cones out for England and being an expert on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

lingard needs to come off, get herrera on and put mata out wide

bangkok wrote: »
    lingard needs to come off, get herrera on and put mata out wide

He is very poor, has looked slow as well.

Put Depay on the right at least he can cross it, cutting in from the left hasn't worked for him

Still rubbish lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement