Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

Depay had an acre of space to play that ball forward for Schneiderlin, that pass sums up his time at United so far. In fairness to him though, the team were far too inviting of pressure in the build-up to that goal. Some of our lads completely disappeared after we went 1-0 up.

I'd say that considering DDG made some excellent stops, and so did Daley Blind in the first half and somehow Chelsea weren't given the penalty, a point isn't an unlucky result for us. Yeah, definitely feel robbed with conceding an injury time goal, but both teams had their dominating spells. Chelsea however never went to sleep like we did. In the first half, there was a point where Chelsea had 78% possession over a 10 minute spell. Towards the end of the second half, they had 93% possession over the 10 minutes leading up to the goal. 'Possession' has nasty connotations in here at this point, but realistically it is vital when trying to maintain a lead. LVG and his teams bored us to death with it earlier this season, it would have been nice to see some of it today when it really mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Subs were very poor. Fellaini (I know everyone hates him) was our only outlet and helped disrupt their game.
    Memphis, showed no brains, but worst of all doesn't even track back after making a mistake.
    Herrera should have come on earlier if you want to see the game out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

mata won motm.

so many positives out of that game apart obviously from the costa goal.

hopefully go on a run now until the end of season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

edgecutter wrote: »
    Subs were very poor. Fellaini (I know everyone hates him) was our only outlet and helped disrupt their game.
    Memphis, showed no brains, but worst of all doesn't even track back after making a mistake.
    Herrera should have come on earlier if you want to see the game out.

Agree, would have left Fellaini on myself. Lingard was nothing special (goal aside) but I would have trusted him with that pass more than Memphis. Herrerra was brought on far too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

adox wrote: »
    On the plus side another really promising performance(well for maybe 70 minutes).

Awful sub IMO bringing Depay on when our backs are to the wall. He's not going to give you the kind of effort defensively even a tired Lingaard would.

More promising signs but more points flicked away. Chelsea looked out of ideas.

4th slipping a little further out of reach. It's like a slow death.

I understood the sub alright, shame Memphis has no brain, but to say its all his fault we dropped the points is ridiculous also (not saying you said that)

He was brought on to be a dual threat with Martial bombing down the wings when we were breaking Chelsea had us smothered and an out ball with fresh legs was welcome. I would have taken off Mata a little earlier for Herrera to try to get to grips with the midfield but other then that no problem with the subs.

Simply cannot as players drop off and invite pressure for so long against a team and expect to keep them out, though sadly they almost actually did it. Chelsea were huffing and puffing but running out of ideas very fast.

I'm absolutely gutted here

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

stankratz wrote: »
    Depay had an acre of space to play that ball forward for Schneiderlin, that pass sums up his time at United so far. In fairness to him though, the team were far too inviting of pressure in the build-up to that goal. Some of our lads completely disappeared after we went 1-0 up.

I'd say that considering DDG made some excellent stops, and so did Daley Blind in the first half and somehow Chelsea weren't given the penalty, a point isn't an unlucky result for us. Yeah, definitely feel robbed with conceding an injury time goal, but both teams had their dominating spells. Chelsea however never went to sleep like we did. In the first half, there was a point where Chelsea had 78% possession over a 10 minute spell. Towards the end of the second half, they had 93% possession over the 10 minutes leading up to the goal. 'Possession' has nasty connotations in here at this point, but realistically it is vital when trying to maintain a lead. LVG and his teams bored us to death with it earlier this season, it would have been nice to see some of it today when it really mattered.

That's precisely what I found extremely frustrating. The team spent months boring us to death controlling the ball and doing nothing with it while sitting at 0-0, yet when the time comes that such an approach is perfectly reasonable - a goal up with half an hour to go at Stamford Bridge - they do exactly the opposite.

There were several times you could see Carrick trying to calm everyone down and get them playing more safely. It worked a couple of times for a few minutes, but all it took was one misplaced pass or interception from Chelsea for panic to set back in.

It's irritating, because we know you know how to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Game changed when Fellaini went off, Schneiderlinn was woeful and could've got a second yellow too. If it was the other way round i can only imagine te abuse Fellaini'd be getting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The squad is painfully thin. We have nobody on the bench when the team gets tired. We are playing Lingard and CBJ, barely 20 first team games between them. Memphis is a busted flush, Herrera is in horrendous form and after that is nothing. That is a pretty damning indictment of LVG's squad management so far.

Chelsea on the other hand, brought on Hazard, Zouma and Pedro and were playing no youth team players being flung into the action out of necsessity.

A little OTT. CBJ played very well, Lingard scored. Young players have to be selected in the first team to get first team games under their belt. United were able to bring on players who some fans think ought to be first teamers.

Hazard has been poor all season, and Pedro has been at best a very underwhelming signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I understood the sub alright, shame Memphis has no brain, but to say its all his fault we dropped the points is ridiculous also (not saying you said that)

He was brought on to be a dual threat with Martial bombing down the wings when we were breaking Chelsea had us smothered and an out ball with fresh legs was welcome. I would have taken off Mata a little earlier for Herrera to try to get to grips with the midfield but other then that no problem with the subs.

Simply cannot as players drop off and invite pressure for so long against a team and expect to keep them out, though sadly they almost actually did it. Chelsea were huffing and puffing but running out of ideas very fast.

I'm absolutely gutted here

Yeah not blaming him for the goal, the team had been dropping off and giving up possession well before he came on. I just thought it was a poor call, seeing how the game was playing out. He's the least trust worthy of the attacking players defensively IMO and I thought it was the wrong call at the time and would only leave gaps for a dominant Chelsea to exploit.

Game changed when Fellaini went off, Schneiderlinn was woeful and could've got a second yellow too. If it was the other way round i can only imagine te abuse Fellaini'd be getting :rolleyes:

Yeah I thought Scneiderlin was awful when he came on, no discipline and throwing himself into challenges giving up free kicks.

Having said that, i didn't have a problem with the sub at the time and presumed Fellaini(who played very well again)was running out of steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think LVG should have done more to shore things up.

Morgan came it 10 mins late imo and in general I find he takes far too long to make nessisary changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sand wrote: »
    A little OTT. CBJ played very well, Lingard scored. Young players have to be selected in the first team to get first team games under their belt. United were able to bring on players who some fans think ought to be first teamers.

Hazard has been poor all season, and Pedro has been at best a very underwhelming signing.

You are missing my point a bit. CBJ has been excellent and Lingard, well not so much, but he did score. But they are playing because we have nothing in those positions. It's not on merit, rather it is out of neccesity.

We have spent 300m since LVG too over. We should have better in reserve and better on the pitch. And for the record, even though Lingard scored, he is not showing enough to stay in that team. Right wing is an area that needs immediate improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lads can you imagine our team right now if we had

Nani - Mata - Martial
    Rooney

Think we should be shopping for an out and out right footed right winger.

Thats all our attack needs, especially with Rooney being decent again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm sitting here thinking about Nani and what he would bring in that team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Lads can you imagine our team right now if we had

Nani - Mata - Martial
    Rooney

Think we should be shopping for an out and out right footed right winger.

Thats all our attack needs, especially with Rooney being decent again.

Haha serious jinx.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Haha serious jinx.

Great minds think alike and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Stamford Bridge is a bogey stadium for us.

We got a point, should have taken the three points, but not losing was crucial.
    We gained a point on City this weekend.

Our form is much better, and there is 39 points to play for.

We can beat the teams ahead of us and get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Another typical result against Chelsea,it's now been 10 games since we last beat them,we do always find a way to bottle it against them. It feels like a loss. It was 3 points or bust today and after that our league season now consists of cementing 5th place. Your only deluding yourself if you think we have a chance of getting 4th.

Memphis really needs to take a good long hard look at himself,what a flop. He should have taken the ball too the corner flag. Morgan was just as bad,when he came on. So much money spent on both and they've had little impact on our season. DDG once again MOTM for me,without him we'd be in 9th or 10th place this season. A big thank you once again to that fax machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

1-1 probably a fair result in the end, which gives an indication of how relatively poor we are at at the moment.

A lot of people haven't copped on yet to what an excellent prospect Lingard is, but he's been doing well this season and is adding goals and now fancy goals too. Fair play to him.

I think CBJ was at fault for the goal, but he played well otherwise imo.

• Advertisement

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Another typical result against Chelsea,it's now been 10 games since we last beat them,we do always find a way to bottle it against them. It feels like a loss. It was 3 points or bust today and after that our league season now consists of cementing 5th place. Your only deluding yourself if you think we have a chance of getting 4th.

Memphis really needs to take a good long hard look at himself,what a flop. He should have taken the ball too the corner flag. Morgan was just as bad,when he came on. So much money spent on both and they've had little impact on our season. DDG once again MOTM for me,without him we'd be in 9th or 10th place this season. A big thank you once again to that fax machine.

Good to see someone's seen the light. It's all well and good being hopeful/confident but we're just being delusional if we really think we've a genuine chance of getting top 4 unless one of the other sides has players legs breaking all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

RobertKK wrote: »
    Stamford Bridge is a bogey stadium for us.

We got a point, should have taken the three points, but not losing was crucial.
    We gained a point on City this weekend.

Our form is much better, and there is 39 points to play for.

We can beat the teams ahead of us and get top 4.

We're not consistent enough and this season unlike last we've not been able too put a winning run together too keep us in the top 4 places. The Europa League is what we have too focus on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What? Hiddink has done a good job reorganising them

Silly mistake from depay was the difference

We were always going to put out under pressure at some point away to Chelsea

We are always going to be under pressure at some point in every game. The difference today was we just gave up possession and allowed Chelsea to keep coming at us.

Courtois picked up Depay's pass at the other end of the pitch. It was a poor ball but to blame him entirely for conceding that goal is unfair (he should have made a harder effort to get back). BJ had a larger role in allowing Costa get that chance tbh.

I didn't say we played poorly today but we should have seen the game out. Couple that with the uninspiring 0-0 at OT and you can't consider it anything other than disappointing.

adox wrote: »
    Yeah not blaming him for the goal, the team had been dropping off and giving up possession well before he came on. I just thought it was a poor call, seeing how the game was playing out. He's the least trust worthy of the attacking players defensively IMO and I thought it was the wrong call at the time and would only leave gaps for a dominant Chelsea to exploit.

I had the same fears alright, but he didn't get exposed defensively and in theory that game is a perfect one for him to come in on, he should have plenty of space when receiving the ball and space to work in which he needs so badly, he did he just ****ed up the real chance he had to make an impact on the game. He let himself (and us) down again, but really I could understand the call at the time, Lingard was almost out on his feet and didn't have the freshness to exploit the gaps when we cleared to the wings.

On midfield I think Schneiderlin was brought on to sit deep with Carrick and he did, but Chelsea were swarming so much an extra man was needed in there I think and would have hooked hooked Mata for Herrera earlier to go with a more defensive 3 in midfield but with the legs to carry the ball forward when opportunity allowed since we were just trying to hang on.

I'd have almost preferred dropping Rooney into midfield also and putting Martial up top, or Memphis up top centrally to try use his pace with a ball over the top against the oncoming Chelsea defence.... Ah dropped points are so ****ing frustrating, I'll look for the positives later, just pissed now. De Gea deserves plaudits as always for ensuring it wasn't any worse in the end!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Citys next 2 games is Spurs and Pool
    Arsenal play lecister and us

4th is far far from over the way this season goes but we have to be winning tight games like today...

In 2 games time its not unlikely we will be a point or 2 from 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

4th is far far from over the way this season goes but we have to be winning tight games like today...

Someone who sees reality :)
    So much to play for in the league, and the only teams with better form than us at present are:
    Leicester, Spurs and Southampton.
    City have similar form to us and Chelsea make up the top 6.

The most important thing is the play is so much more positive and it is giving us great chances to win games.

Pro. F wrote: »
    1-1 probably a fair result in the end, which gives an indication of how relatively poor we are at at the moment.

A lot of people haven't copped on yet to what an excellent prospect Lingard is, but he's been doing well this season and is adding goals and now fancy goals too. Fair play to him.

Thought the same at first with CBJ but I'd hold Blind at least partly responsible too. CBJ was in line with him(they were the two deepest defenders at the time) before Blind decided to rush out to follow John Terry, leaving Costa totally unmarked. CBJ maybe probably should have pushed up when he saw Blind evacuate the space but to be honest it happens so fast I would totally blame him for not running out.

The two young lads do look very good prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Regarding the talk of an improved performance from the team I'd have to disagree. As far as I can see, we've just gone back into the more attacking style of play recently and so it's better to watch. When we play better teams, who have better attacking threats, we'll either have to go back to the turgid style or we'll concede too many goals.

Smalling was drawn to the ball which left Costa free, but CBJ starting position was poor alright, in the end he was covering for Smalling though (maybe it was Blind? it was whoever was in the RCB position during that move) and he actually did get across and make the tackle,the ball just rolled on for Costa again unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

KH25 wrote: »
    Not to excuse Memphis, but we let Chelsea have the ball for the last 10-15 minutes. We could not hold the ball for love nor money. That was worrying and you could feel a goal coming.

Blaming Memphis is absolutely hilarious.

Chelsea were dominating for a good spell before he came on, and the tide was totally with them after the goal. That the team stepped 10 yards back and started defending deep was CRAZY.

Also is the issue with Memphis the pass he played through for Schneiderlan that went out of play/to keeper?

If so, that is utterly laughable. The ball had to travel the entire pitch back.

The issue today was dropping of deep, I don't know why it happened and why it was allowed to happen, but we should have pushed forward for a second. WE had Chelsea in a daze start of that second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My heart goes out to Memphis. He looks so down and out. A new manager will do him wonders I reckon. He just needs some confidence

Headshot wrote: »
    My heart goes out to Memphis. He looks so down and out. A new manager will do him wonders I reckon. He just needs some confidence

A few games in the u21s would do him even more good.

Regarding the talk of an improved performance from the team I'd have to disagree. As far as I can see, we've just gone back into the more attacking style of play recently and so it's better to watch. When we play better teams, who have better attacking threats, we'll either have to go back to the turgid style or we'll concede too many goals.

I think there has been a bit of a shift from the earlier "more attacking" performances where it was an all or nothing attitud(those performances you could count on one hand) and there seems to be a shift from the mindset of possession of the ball being the most important thing.

Utd do seem more happy to stay relatively compact when the opposition have the ball and give up the possession and try and break more quickly when they get the ball back. They are even moving the ball quicker when they do have the ball and actually have runners to play the ball to, instead of going sideways or backwards, so that for me is an improvement and a step in the right direction.

I do agree though that we will give up goals. The squad isn't there to challenge.
    This is a team still playing Daley Blind as a regular CB.

Thank fúck it's Arsenal v Leicester and City v Spurs next weekend. With 2 of those teams bound to drop points, we simply have to beat Sunderland.

I don't think there's a hope of catching Leicester, or them imploding to the point of exiting the Top 4, but Spurs, Arsenal and City are fair game IMO. 39 points still to play for, and the gap between us and 4th could be down to 3 points by this time next week. I'm not giving up on Top 3/4 just yet.

Make room on that tractor lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

dont think it would, think it would break him even more. he just needs to do the simple things right with first team and build from there.

bangkok wrote: »
    dont think it would, think it would break him even more. he just needs to do the simple things right with first team and build from there.

It would help if fans didn't blame him over utterly stupid ****, like a mispalced place in the Chelsea box, somehow costing us three points.

That he hasn't gone to the under 21's indicates its not an attitude or training problem, just a confidence issue. and that only comes back by getting thrown in there, and having something fall your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Could even do worse tbh. Your basically relegating him to the u21's

What he needs now is an arm around the shoulders and LVG strikes me that he is far from that type of manager

What he needs now is an arm around the shoulders and LVG strikes me that he is far from that type of manager

He needs to put more effort in. He's lazy off the ball which can lead to a lazy mind. It was a piss simple pass to play Morgan in and it could have been two nil(ifs and buts I know)

I hope he comes good but looking form the outside in, he does portray a player with an attitude problem, or at least application problem. He has shown occasionly that he can put the effort in and be effective defensively as well as offensively.

What's that thing you boys are always saying Choo Choo? :pac:

Quite the opposite really, he always emphasis's how he sees more then the footballer, he sees the human being. I think he is doing the right thing with Memphis, he isn't having a good season in his first year and he was taking a hell of a lot of stick (and still does) so he is being protected pretty well by taking him out of the spotlight

• Advertisement

MUTV now for a 1.5 hour documentary on Munich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TheDoc wrote: »
    It would help if fans didn't blame him over utterly stupid ****, like a mispalced place in the Chelsea box, somehow costing us three points.

That he hasn't gone to the under 21's indicates its not an attitude or training problem, just a confidence issue. and that only comes back by getting thrown in there, and having something fall your way.

In fairness we were 4 on 2. All he had to do was lay it inside to schneiderlin and we would be 3 on 1. He tried to pass it outside the defender for schneiderlin to run on to.. it was very poor decision making and Chelsea basically scored with their next attack. From potentially 2-0 to 1-1 is hard to take.

astradave wrote: »
    In fairness we were 4 on 2. All he had to do was lay it inside to schneiderlin and we would be 3 on 1. He tried to pass it outside the defender for schneiderlin to run on to.. it was very poor decision making and Chelsea basically scored with their next attack. From potentially 2-0 to 1-1 is hard to take.

It's a confidence shot Depay, an in form one probably would have burnt by the defender and scored himself.

Why is Schneiderlan bursting into the opposing box on the break, leaving himself out of position?

My anger at that goal went to a few places, Chelsea strolling through the middle, Blind slipping, Jackson with a pretty rubbish interception. Memphis hadn't even come onto my radar..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MUTV now for a 1.5 hour documentary on Munich

Nice one

What's that thing you boys are always saying Choo Choo? :pac:

Well I'd prefer to finish 4th over 5th, 3rd over 4th you get the jist im sure, I've have next to 0% ability to effect United so I choose to be optimistic about them I's hate to be a miserable negative person over stuff thats outside my control I think it'd be an awfull way to live life. But each to there own I guess..

*Internet Hug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

TheDoc wrote: »
    Blaming Memphis is absolutely hilarious.

Chelsea were dominating for a good spell before he came on, and the tide was totally with them after the goal. That the team stepped 10 yards back and started defending deep was CRAZY.

Also is the issue with Memphis the pass he played through for Schneiderlan that went out of play/to keeper?

If so, that is utterly laughable. The ball had to travel the entire pitch back.

The issue today was dropping of deep, I don't know why it happened and why it was allowed to happen, but we should have pushed forward for a second. WE had Chelsea in a daze start of that second half.
    United had the ball up the pitch and Schneiderlin was beside him for a long time in acres of space.

It was a simple ball inside and at the very least United have the ball in space outside their box with the potential for a chance to make it 2-0.

Instead he tries a through ball that wasn't on.

It was an insanely awful bit of play. He deserves as much blame as anyone. If he loses the ball from being tackled well in that situation then fine, maybe it's not too bad and he doesn't deserve blame but that was purely braindead and is well worthy of criticism, at the very least you have to keep possession in that situation.

Liam O wrote: »
    United had the ball up the pitch and Schneiderlin was beside him for a long time in acres of space.

It was a simple ball inside and at the very least United have the ball in space outside their box with the potential for a chance to make it 2-0.

Instead he tries a through ball that wasn't on.

It was an insanely awful bit of play. He deserves as much blame as anyone. If he loses the ball from being tackled well in that situation then fine, maybe it's not too bad and he doesn't deserve blame but that was purely braindead and is well worthy of criticism, at the very least you have to keep possession in that situation.

I'm not going to debate it was poor play.

I'm going to argue against people making him the scapegoat for losing the ball in an unforced error, outside the Chelsea box, being somehow dropping two points.

I also don't believe half as much would be made of it, if it was Martial instead of Memphis. The abuse he is getting from "supporters" is incredible.

Anyone watching MUTV, that Villa guy who broke our GK jaw was a thug, completely deliberate.

Well I'd prefer to finish 4th over 5th, 3rd over 4th you get the jist im sure, I've have next to 0% ability to effect United so I choose to be optimistic about them I's hate to be a miserable negative person over stuff thats outside my control I think it'd be an awfull way to live life. But each to there own I guess..

*Internet Hug*

I think we'd all prefer finish in better positions but on a discussion board if we all just agree that Utd will go on winning streaks and win leagues or get top 4 finishes etc. when evidence points to the contrary it doesn't really make sense.

Should i go onto the darts forum and say i think Dave Chisnall will be winning every tournament just because i like the lad? Or should i be saying Wexford will be taking Liam Mc Carthy home this year as i'm a hurling fan from Wexford? Should i say Houblon Des Obeaux will win the Gold cup even though all the form points to the contrary? :confused:

Does it not make sense to try look at the team/player/sport from an objective viewpoint and then try form an opinion? I do tend to let my judgement get clouded towards Utd as a fan(a lot less since Van Gaal came in i admit) but not in the same manner some on here do,if we were in 10th place at the minute 15 points behind 4th place i'm sure some of the lads/ladies on here would be confident of us getting 4th. If we seen certain other sides fans speaking in a similar manner we'd call them deluded so why's it different wen we're at it? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

It seems whenever we get in front, we decide to step off and invite pressure. I was raging too myself at the TV screen for that last 20 minutes. We were just sitting back and clearing it when what you should do is control possession and control the game which is something we have done so much this season.

Also the Memphis substitution was unnecessary. In my mind I was thinking Schneiderlin and Herrera should come on and to leave it at that. There is no point bringing on an out of form player who doesn't do his defensive duties especially in a game where 3 points was a must.

HOW THE BLOODY HELL DID HE **** UP THAT PASS!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement