Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Jones back for the under 21's tonight. Anyone any idea when Basti is back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My goodness what shocking defending in stoppage time. A lot of players not good enough and a manager that plays dull football, a massive overhaul is needed from the top down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Oranage2 wrote: »
    My goodness what shocking defending in stoppage time. A lot of players not good enough and a manager that plays dull football, a massive overhaul is needed from the top down

58855056.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I thought they were alot more positive to take from the weekend then negatives.

For 75 minutes we played the best football we created loads of decent chances and against the majority of other keepers we would of been a few goals up before they started attacking us.

Mata is playing better in the central role and hopefully he will do even better if he gets a goal or two to boost his confidence again.

Cbj plays like a defender with 200 appearance behind him.

Darmian looks alot better back on the right.

Jessie showed good techniques throughout the game and could of easily had two.

De gea was super some nice saves as usual.

Carrick still getting into his rythem after been out for few games but had a decent game.

Defensively we were bad for the goal but were unlucky not to already have game wrapped up.

Compaired to a few weeks ago we have had 3 games in a row of playing better attacking football so long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

bangkok wrote: »
    Carrick is a much better passer, probably the best passer of a ball from his position in England. Gets into great defensive positions and shields the back 4 extremely well

Yes he is a much better passer and maybe the best DM passer in England when given space. Schneiderlin covers more ground and gets through more defensive work. I'd rate Carrick as the better one over all. But, as I say, overall there's very little difference in the quality of the team's performance when either of those two play.

If I'm wrong then we will see the team's form improve soon and the problems that have been there all this time will get fixed by having Carrick playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No fan of United or LVG but he is getting a serious whack of the English gutter press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

rob316 wrote: »
    No fan of United or LVG but he is getting a serious whack of the English gutter press.

They don't like anyone that doesn't lick their ass. It's easy to attack lvg because he hangs alot out there for them to twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Haven't seen you in a while.

Ahh, Arsenal won at the weekend, it makes sense now, yer some rascal Orangina, some rascal indeed!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Arsenal fans just watching the game to scout for chants that they can substitute their players names in to, alá Payet and Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pro. F wrote: »
    Yes he is a much better passer and maybe the best DM passer in England when given space. Schneiderlin covers more ground and gets through more defensive work. I'd rate Carrick as the better one over all. But, as I say, overall there's very little difference in the quality of the team's performance when either of those two play.

If I'm wrong then we will see the team's form improve soon and the problems that have been there all this time will get fixed by having Carrick playing.

id agree with you on this. carrick when giving space can pick out anyone but with players pressing him he just doesnt pick them out anymore. At the minute he reminds me of gerard in his last season at Liverpool who still had the passing abilty but his legs were gone and was just forced into easy passes when pressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes fergie would give you a bolloxin but I don't think Memphis confidence would be so low if fergie was manager

I don't think confidence is his issue more of an attitude problem looking at him. As far as Fergie goes.. probably the best man manager the game has ever seen really so its a bit of an unfair comparison on LVG. Also I wouldn't think LVG would be hesitant to give him the necessary feedback about his performances and he has had feck all game time since his shocking display against Arsenal so if that doesn't also send out the message to him.. Also I don't think it's an arm around the shoulder that he needs more of a kick in the bollocks for himself which I again assume LVG is well capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Nice few first team squad members starting for the U21s vs Norwich U21s tonight.
    Full XI: Romero; Love, McNair, Jones, Varela; Weir, Harrop; Januzaj, A.Pereira, Memphis; Keane

Subs: J.Pereira, Williams, Fosu-Mensah, Rothwell, Willock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Depay is playing in the u21s tonight.

In a 3 behind the st of
    januzaj - perreira - depay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sky88 wrote: »
    id agree with you on this. carrick when giving space can pick out anyone but with players pressing him he just doesnt pick them out anymore. At the minute he reminds me of gerard in his last season at Liverpool who still had the passing abilty but his legs were gone and was just forced into easy passes when pressed.

Pro. F has always felt that this was a problem with Carrick, rather than it being a result of his age. So... you may or may not still agree with him. ;) Personally, I do agree in terms of picking out a forward pass, but I also think that he's always been a safe pair of hands and that's something that is important and often undervalued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looking at the teams left in the Europa I think we have a better chance of getting 4th than winning it

Can see the squad going into the "red zone" again if we play our strongest team in both and the FA cup however, we are really dependent on 12/13 players

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Januzaj and Varela gone off injured

Good assist by Depay there, even though i thought he should of passed it earlier.

Shame about the injuries.

Good assist by Depay there, even though i thought he should of passed it earlier.

Shame about the injuries.

Good skill there by Depay, seems to be getting abit of confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Good skill there by Depay, seems to be getting abit of confidence.

Any score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Any score?

2-0 at half time, both goals scored by Will Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Has Jones gone off injured yet ? :)

Strumms wrote: »
    2-0 at half time, both goals scored by Will Keane.

I really dont rate Keane but the lad keeps scoring.

3 nil now, Keane again,Memphis assist

Hatrick for Will Keane lol

Another assist for Depay.

I said yesterday the guy should be given gametime in the u21s to gain confidence and it looks like that is what he is doing.

• Advertisement

4 nil Pereira with a pen

and Jones is injured........and he is ok now

Nah just typical Jones putting his head where its not needed.

Will Keane take a bow.

5-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

fantastic goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Berbatov! !!!!!!

• Advertisement

Most goals OT has seen for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My god that 5th goal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Showing Rooney how its done.

https://vine.co/v/i1dVwmzhpdh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

the scapegoating of Memhis for yesterdays goal, is disgraceful. if it was Martial, Mata, Herrera etc that did it, not a word would be said.

we didnt concede that goal due to a pass 120 yards up the pitch, we lost it due to absolutely shambolic loss of defensive shape and concentration.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaoivDvXEAQynme.jpg

Smalling completely out of position, three players in a straight line leaving a gap as wide as a whores ****, Daley Blind slipping/missing the pass and then CBJ playing him onside.

it was defending like a schoolboy team that cost us (and the fact that Chelsea had been on top for 15 minutes before that and the goal was coming anyway) and not Memphis.
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Homer you are going to wreck the buzz here now. That picture shows Memphis back in defensive shape I believe dealing with Hazard/Azp before the play happened.

Is that your Tv homer or a pic from the web? Those curved TV's look incredible anytime I see them in shops.

The whole situation in the pictue only exisits because Memphis gifted the ball away. Nobody is doubting that further mistakes then happened but in reality at that exact time we should be watching the UTD players celebrating a second goal and the match is put to bed.

As for Memphis being back defending in that picture........the ball was carried to the edge of our box and then back to that position, thats the only reason Memphis is back there and he's not actively looking to close anyone down in that pic.

6-0 now. Another assist for Depay, is that 3 now?

And its 6 nil, Fosu Mensah,nice finish

That Memphis is a disgrace he is taking the piss making 3 assists today on purpose when he couldn't make a simple one yesterday,I'm so mad I could call him Depay.

On a serious note where do people watch the u21 games?

Will Keane again 7-0.

Great play by Weir who has been tidy tonight.

That Memphis is a disgrace he is taking the piss making 3 assists today on purpose when he couldn't make a simple one yesterday,I'm so mad I could call him Depay.

On a serious note where do people watch the u21 games?

MUTV

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Will Keane again 7-0.

Great play by Weir who has been tidy tonight.

He has a bit of bite to his play as well,can mix it up

• Advertisement

He has a bit of bite to his play as well,can mix it up

Bring him off the bench next game in the first team, see what he can do.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Bring him off the bench next game in the first team, see what he can do.

Id like to see the FA take on what happens in Spain,let the B teams play in the lower leagues,it will probably never happen because it would probably kill a few clubs that rely on loan deals from the big clubs.

Memphis tries a rabona keeper saves

Depay with the rabona cross.:eek:

Good game that, 5 goals for Will Keane and a positive showing for Memphis. Norwich U21s were atrocious though.

Our U21 matches are usually very entertaining, they play City next on Thursday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The difference between under 21 and senior is massive. It's not even championship standard. Good though for match fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

The difference between under 21 and senior is massive. It's not even championship standard. Good though for match fitness

Kind of arguable considering the u 21's of teams go to the championship on loan and start a lot of games. But all in good confidence boost for some of the lads there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was thoroughly enjoyable.

Wonder if Memphis is struggling a bit fitness wise. He looks in shape, just seemed to be flagging near the end. Then he just took the total piss, loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was thoroughly enjoyable.

Wonder if Memphis is struggling a bit fitness wise. He looks in shape, just seemed to be flagging near the end. Then he just took the total piss, loved it.

• Advertisement

Good thing there's no one here suggesting that we line out the U21s against Sunderland next Saturday then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement