Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Great save by Periera, DDG-esque :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

There was an even an article last week titled something along the lines of "UTD are struggling and its right that we revel in it".

Reminds me of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Is Michael Owen or Robbie Savage on?

No Steve Bower and somebody whos name I cant remember. Bower is a really underrated commentator

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ogden doing an interview with LVG tonight, talking bout his job.

Getting ready for a meltdown when LVG says he is going nowhere and Giggs should replace him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ogden doing an interview with LVG tonight, talking bout his job.

Getting ready for a meltdown when LVG says he is going nowhere and Giggs should replace him :P

do ye think its possible that LVG is not aware of anything happening (apart from the media talk) and while we all think/expect him to walk away in summer peacefully or amicably, as far is he is concerned his job is safe until the end of his contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

do ye think its possible that LVG is not aware of anything happening (apart from the media talk) and while we all think/expect him to walk away in summer peacefully or amicably, as far is he is concerned his job is safe until the end of his contract?

He just seems too smug in the press conference recently too even have a hint that he is gone in summer. It's like Ed has been saying to him I can 100% guarantee that you will be here next year I pinky promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

It's possible. Maybe he's just so confident he thinks he is there until he decides himself he is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

They are just letting LvG see out the season, Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No.

If anything is happening I think LVG would be aware, because he isn't an idiot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Personally, no. He would know, but he won't public ally come out and go "yeah,I'm getting the sack soon". May even believe he still has time to change minds, but I think the reason he constantly pulls the "family" card and tries to guilt the journalists into stopping the story is cause he knows he can't use his results to shut them up. He knows he is struggling and that will cause the change...even the way he closed up shop against Chelsea. He acts like a manager hanging on a string.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

BREAKING NEWS!!

Adam Johnson is set to sign for Man Utd after hearing they have players who are Young and Keane

(Saw it on FB)

yermandan wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS!!

Adam Johnson is set to sign for Man Utd after hearing they have players who are Young and Keane

(Saw it on FB)

Id leave it on Fb Dan its disgusting taste to be honest but each to their own.

Fair enough pal!

Fair enough pal!

Didn't mean it as a go at you your a decent soul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »

It's a joke ffs.

• Breaking News: yermandan just posted in the Utd thread :eek:

mCOXNgo.jpg

It's a joke ffs.

As I said each to their own.

It was someone's kid he was messing about with i do not see how stuff like that can be a laughing matter in any forum I don't know if you have kids but I do and the thought of scum like that makes me sick and the thoughts of someone making light hearted of it makes me sick too.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Breaking News: yermandan just posted in the Utd thread

Now That's funny :):)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement

Was no-one else not able to log-in for feckin ages?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dan ya should post more you are such a LIKEable fella you be like the mata of boards :)

Anyway, tis good to be back. Jose is coming I can feel it in me waters. My nerves are shot waiting for an email from Uefa. I got engaged over the Xmas and Football Weekly has overtaken Second Captains as my fav footie podcast.

Oh yeah, the missus stuck a Euro on Leicester back in August and she's in for 1500 quid if they keep this up.....

Anyway, tis good to be back. Jose is coming I can feel it in me waters. My nerves are shot waiting for an email from Uefa. I got engaged over the Xmas and Football Weekly has overtaken Second Captains as my fav footie podcast.

Oh yeah, the missus stuck a Euro on Leicester back in August and she's in for 1500 quid if they keep this up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Booooo. It's just a bit of gallows humour. I don't think there's s a person in the world who doesn't take paedophilia seriously enough, except for maybe those NAMBLA dudes

• yermandan wrote: »
    Was no-one else not able to log-in for feckin ages?

Boards was fooked. I had log on issues also after the ddos attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Where is or will this interview with Ogden be?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Where is or will this interview with Ogden be?

11pm tonight I think

Dan ya should post more you are such a LIKEable fella you be like the mata of boards :)

Defo gonna post more me auld flower, I have a PSV licence so can carry passengers on the positivity train, feck knows the thread needs it.

LVG has me heart broken but I've never enjoyed a season as much as this one in terms of how impossible it's been to predict

Booooo. It's just a bit of gallows humour. I don't think there's s a person in the world who doesn't take paedophilia seriously enough, except for maybe those NAMBLA dudes

No bothers its just my opinion issue is over i have Said my bit about it.

Defo gonna post more me auld flower, I have a PSV licence so can carry passengers on the positivity train, feck knows the thread needs it.

LVG has me heart broken but I've never enjoyed a season as much as this one in terms of how impossible it's been to predict

Yeh its a great season for a footie fan in fairness we could be in for the biggest upset in over 30 years its fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Congrats on the engagement man. Hope the missus's bet comes through. Can help towards the wedding fund! ;)

• yermandan wrote: »

I know its on everyone's list for Leicester to win it, but if they manage to do it then they are a real threat in the future. No more nicey nicey neutral from me, Il be treating them as tital rivals in same sense that Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Spurs are.
    The bitter rivals spot is taken with Liverpool of course but there not a threat ;)

Oh btw, Just in case you haven't already been informed, its a positivty tractor now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

As I said each to their own.

It was someone's kid he was messing about with i do not see how stuff like that can be a laughing matter in any forum I don't know if you have kids but I do and the thought of scum like that makes me sick and the thoughts of someone making light hearted of it makes me sick too.

Adam Johnson is not going to sign for United, if he was it wouldn't be because Keane and Young are there. You can laugh at the absurdity of that situation and still be disgusted by what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Much like any academy (apart from Barcelona it would appear) it is difficult to produce players that are capable of starting and winning champions league finals, which is the goal for each of these clubs. The odds of doing it are small.

However, looking at the respective quality of the academies when they play against each other I see a clear gap between United and City/Chelsea - they are bigger, stronger, faster and better. In both academies there are two or three players that could make the grade, but they may fall by teh wayside like Morrison did at United, or never progress from very promising like Jones, Tunnicliffe, Petriucci - or 'just' become good level PL players (or similar) such as possible PL winners Danny Drinkwater, Danny Simpson or Matt James (if he wasn't injured).

They haven't produced a world class (or top class) player YET, but imo it takes years of structural, cultural changes to show benefits in this area - the chelsea and city academies are now the best in the country and city's is possibly being on the way to be the best in the world. Will they produce a top talent, impossible to say, but there is a better chance there than most places.

As an aside - there are some very tasty looking players at United; Gribbon, Menseh and Tuanzebe being the standouts imo; they could be very good players.

There are talented players at United, I'm not arguing against that - but as a group in terms of overall quality and indeed quantity, there are question marks over the U18s group and below.

This is spot on. The thing about the lack of investment in our underage isn't the here and now, it's about putting ourselves in the position that we don't miss out on these players and that we also coach them to the best of the clubs abilities. Having part-time coaches and underage sides getting beaten well by sides isn't going to attract the best young players in the area. When we have the money to do it then it's no excuse when in 5 or 10 years time a top player comes through the academy at Chelsea or City that we were looking to get in and we're saying we could have done more to have him with us. You have to at least put yourself in the position to do more.

Fair enough we've had Borthwick-Jackson and the likes come through but that's largely due to getting a chance through injuries and moreover a testament to the coaches that are there at underage presently that have them well coached by the time they're at senior level. But rather than rest on it we should be asking what could we achieve if we had even more investment in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's kind of ironic that Van Gaal is telling Scholes to be more positive when Van Gaal being negative is what Scholes had a problem with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Scholes' problem is that he's a mopey arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

J. Marston wrote: »

or a fan/former employee that loves the club and hates to see its fall from grace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

We really could do with a mopey Arse in the team right now ..... :)

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Still using the injury excuse when it was clear to most people in August/September that the squad was too bare and would not be able to manage when the inevitable injuries came along.

mewe wrote: »
    Congrats on the engagement man. Hope the missus's bet comes through. Can help towards the wedding fund! ;)

Cheers man, it makes up for being near rock bottom of our Fantasy league smh. THE MONEY IS RESTING IN MY ACCOUNT LADS

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I know its on everyone's list for Leicester to win it, but if they manage to do it then they are a real threat in the future. No more nicey nicey neutral from me, Il be treating them as tital rivals in same sense that Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Spurs are.
    The bitter rivals spot is taken with Liverpool of course but there not a threat ;)

Oh btw, Just in case you haven't already been informed, its a positivty tractor now

Ah ok then I'll sort out my tractor licence :pac:

Yeah I agree about Leicester but they won't be as potent when Jihad Mahrez is terrorizing defences for United under Mourinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

yermandan speaks, well I never...
    Congrats on the engagement dude, welcome to the life of United being second in your life (at least around your better half) to weekends doing up the house, making babies, shopping and all that fun stuff.

So anyways Sunderland this week, please god let us have another early goal and take it from there. Once we get an early goal we seem to relax and play with more freedom. We really should be putting Sunderland to the sword. Big sam has an awful record v United so lets get at them early get a goal and put it to bed before half time.

Quiet day on the jose front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

yermandan speaks, well I never...
    Congrats on the engagement dude, welcome to the life of United being second in your life (at least around your better half) to weekends doing up the house, making babies, shopping and all that fun stuff.

So anyways Sunderland this week, please god let us have another early goal and take it from there. Once we get an early goal we seem to relax and play with more freedom. We really should be putting Sunderland to the sword. Big sam has an awful record v United so lets get at them early get a goal and put it to bed before half time.

Quiet day on the jose front

They are just letting LvG see out the season, Shirley?

Who knows and don't call me surely :cool:

J. Marston wrote: »

care to elaborate on this or what have you against Scholes?

or ill put it to you another way, what has he said in the last 6 months that isnt factual or the opinion of alot of people?

he is only saying what other pundits, journalists and fans are saying all the time, his opinion just takes more weight seen as he is one of the clubs best ever players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

care to elaborate on this or what have you against Scholes?

or ill put it to you another way, what has he said in the last 6 months that isnt factual or the opinion of alot of people?

he is only saying what other pundits, journalists and fans are saying all the time, his opinion just takes more weight seen as he is one of the clubs best ever players.

I did like the way he said Rooney was finished, then said h was awesome but LVGs style is rubbish and gets nothing from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

scholes is a United legend, was a dream player to manage, was a world class midfielder that was criminally under rated and now he is finished playing football and actually speaks the truth, some people turn against him.....

everything he said was spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Even when he contradicted himself? Its pretty impossible for him to be spot on that Rooney was finished, while also being spot on that Rooney was world class.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement