Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

TheTownie wrote: »
    Hard to see him coming to Utd with all the attention on him now. Benfica increased his buyout clause to €80M in the last few days too although the rumour is they would accept a bid above €60M which would set a new Primeira Liga transfer record (Hulk being the current holder).

Yeah I was reading an article today about the €80m fee first thought was wtf then read the clubs he's being linked with, a big.. oh.

From the presser;

Reporter: Do you really believe that people are inventing stories out of thin air and printing them?

LVG: Yes.

Dead silence in the room expecting LVG to elaborate, he didn't elaborate.

He also finished up the presser by saying "I have a contract for 3 years and you know that".

Someone did ask the fair question at one point of "With all these rumours, shouldn't the board come out and say something?"

LVG's response was something like "They don't have to comment on invented stories", but surely he must be feeling a bit out there on his own at this stage. No, the board don't have to comment on every single thing the media reports about the club, but by now the Mourinho fires have been burning since Christmas all over the British press. IMO the board should have made a comment by now guaranteeing the manager's future (since they aren't going to sack him mid-season as signified by our woeful December) and the longer they don't release a statement, the longer these media fires will be fueled and allowed to burn. If I know that, the United board do too and their silence is beginning to make some noise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As Mitch said before, there is a striking difference to the reaction the club had when we were linked with Pep and the lack of reaction to reports Jose has agreed a deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think they'll tell him until it's finalised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't think they'll tell him until it's finalised

I wouldnt like the be the person sitting across from lvg telling him that he is been replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldnt like the be the person sitting across from lvg telling him that he is been replaced.

I would :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    I would :pac:

Haha yhh ok you have a point there lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If the club is keeping it secret, LVG doesn't know, and Mourinho's camp doesn't want to rock the boat at the club or offend his mate (LVG), then who is leaking stories to the media that would actually know anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

With all the Scholes talk, I would say, for me, he's my favourite player since I've been following United but as a pundit he's better off keeping his mouth shut sometimes and being a bit more pragmatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I think the club is in a bit of a lose-lose situation when it comes to responding the Mourinho rumours.

If they announce that LVG is their man and will see out his contract, the fans go nuts.
    If they say Mourinho is taking over it risks distracting the players and p*ssing off the man currently in charge (who they seem intent on keeping for the rest of the season at least).
    If they deny talks have taken place or a decision will be made at the end of the season then it just maintains the status quo. The media can disregard it as simply sparing Van Gaal's blushes and keep making up whatever details they please.

Whatever the case, I hope Van Gaal is being kept in the loop at the very least. It would be pretty bad form to allow him to keep making bullish statements on his job security if he has no future there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I think the club is in a bit of a lose-lose situation when it comes to responding the Mourinho rumours.

If they announce that LVG is their man and will see out his contract, the fans go nuts.
    If they say Mourinho is taking over it risks distracting the players and p*ssing off the man currently in charge (who they seem intent on keeping for the rest of the season at least).
    If they deny talks have taken place or a decision will be made at the end of the season then it just maintains the status quo. The media can disregard it as simply sparing Van Gaal's blushes and keep making up whatever details they please.

Whatever the case, I hope Van Gaal is being kept in the loop at the very least. It would be pretty bad form to allow him to keep making bullish statements on his job security if he has no future there.

Win is very important today, as bad as we have been this season we could still find ourselves within five points of second place tomorrow night. I'm going for a exciting 3-1 win martial 1 and rooney 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sunderland will be doing the usual Sam job, they will be tight, they will be well drilled and by **** will they win more then their fair share of second balls. I really hope we can find an early opening as it will throw their plan out the window, but I would expect a frustrating afternoon other then that. I'm ok with that once we get the win though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sunderland are rubbish and we should and will win 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Good odds on that, 14s with bet365 and 15s with betvictor

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I watched them against Liverpool last week and they were horrifically awful but apparently they were decent at home to City in the previous game and unlucky not to get a point. Wouldn't be surprised if they put it up to us today.

• Interesting debate about yellow cards on BT. Howard Webb and Savage going at it.

Web suggests giving a yellow in the 1st or the 50th is different, and should be managed.

Also thinks its the ref responsibility to to manage the game?! I thought it was the mangers and the players who are responsible for there actions

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Interesting debate about yellow cards on BT. Howard Webb and Savage going at it.

Web suggests giving a yellow in the 1st or the 50th is different, and should be managed.

I agree with Webb I can see where they coming from but I can also see it from a fairness point it just leaves refs open for so much criticism at this stage of season so much can be riding on cards and refs decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

One change: Carrick out - Schneiderlin In

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/698472964069683200

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

One change: Carrick out - Schneiderlin In

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/698472964069683200

You mean Fellaini out and Schneiderlin in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

jayo26 wrote: »
    You mean Fellaini out and Schneiderlin in :)

Oooops yeah sorry :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ridiculously young bench there

• Advertisement

Oooops yeah sorry :P

I have your back pal no worries.

• Is Fellani injured?

• xtal191 wrote: »

Bangkok looks at team and be like

200w_d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Is Fellani injured?

He must be. Otherwise :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The bench is crazy. I know it's a small squad but is there that many out injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Good odds on that, 14s with bet365 and 15s with betvictor

I've lumped my entire Betfair balance on it. (€5.91)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Is Fellani injured?

No just useless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Interesting debate about yellow cards on BT. Howard Webb and Savage going at it.

Also thinks its the ref responsibility to to manage the game?! I thought it was the mangers and the players who are responsible for there actions

Bizarre. Refs should be perfectly consistent in how they apply the rules from the 1st minute to the 91st. That's one of the problems with the game, the rules aren't enforced to the letter, and they ought to be. That's how games work. If the laws as they're laid out don't provide for a good sport, then you change them. The referees shouldn't be making it up as they go along.

Is Fellani injured?

To quote lvg "he is not really injured he is just in need of a rest which is kinda like been injured" lts some pity he can't get the team working right. Because I'd enjoy his attitude even more then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fellaini is tired he has started a lot of games in a row, soccerway showing he has started the last 9 league games and maybe 2 FA Cup games?

He at least should be on the bench imo.

Bizarre. Refs should be perfectly consistent in how they apply the rules from the 1st minute to the 91st. That's one of the problems with the game, the rules aren't enforced to the letter, and they ought to be. That's how games work. If the laws as they're laid out don't provide for a good sport, then you change them. The referees shouldn't be making it up as they go along.

Your spot on but the refs view is if they dish out yellow cards without warning we would have games with redcards dished out inside the first 20 minutes and thats not good for football if. It's too often.

What Web was trying To say was that sometimes a player is so wound up they do something stupid but a warning settles them down while other players a card is needed to settle them but the ref has to judge that to make the game better.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Your spot on but the refs view is if they dish out yellow cards without warning we would have games with redcards dished out inside the first 20 minutes and thats not good for football if. It's too often.

What Web was trying To say was that sometimes a player is so wound up they do something stupid but a warning settles them down while other players a card or needed to settle them but the ref has to judge that to make the game better.

I'm with Maximus here, what Howard is saying only allows for inconsistency. The refs should be applying the rules as they are written its not his job to make the game better. The players on the pitch are responsible for what they do in the 1st minute to the final whistle.

Two youth players start against Sunderland and four on bench...3,782 consecutive first team games since October 1937 with youth player in squad.

I'm with Maximus here, what Howard is saying only allows for inconsistency. The refs should be applying the rules as they are written its not his job to make the game better. The players on the pitch are responsible for what they do in the 1st minute to the final whistle.

Well yeh but the best thing about football is its not always black and white.

How many times do we look at a game and say our player was lucky to get away with that or we look at a red card and say that's ruined a game.

I agree a law is a law but if the letter of the law is applied all the time in football without any leeway or warnings it would ruin the game Because it's not robots playing it its humans same as a human is reffing it thats what makes it intresting.

I dont think a ref giving a player a warning within reason ruins the game its players diving and cheating that ruins it for me.

• Advertisement

LVG out!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    LVG out!

214b3uq.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I've lumped my entire Betfair balance on it. (€5.91)

Ouch. Talk about not even getting a run for your money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Utd have been woeful so far.

Martial!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Another injury Jesus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Martial!!!!!!

Coolness personified!

• Headshot wrote: »
    Utd have been woeful so far.

Hyperbole to the max

Someone tell bt that mcnair and Shaw last year would of been younger then love and cbj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Hyperbole to the max

Not hyperbole at all, United were indeed woeful for most of that half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement