Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Started very slow but improved a bit as the half went on

Have to keep moving the ball quick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Bizarre. Refs should be perfectly consistent in how they apply the rules from the 1st minute to the 91st. That's one of the problems with the game, the rules aren't enforced to the letter, and they ought to be. That's how games work. If the laws as they're laid out don't provide for a good sport, then you change them. The referees shouldn't be making it up as they go along.

The laws of the game are really badly designed though. In a properly run sport we'd just fix the rules, but that's not going to happen. So unfortunately the only option left is for the referees to try to fix it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd reverting back to type unfortunately for most of that half. Slow enougH build up with very few efforts on goal.

Lovely finish from Martial. Love watching him.

Getting outfought by Sunderland. They have more tempo to their game, both with and without the ball. If Utd can up their tempo they can easily win this game. If they don't they could easily lose it.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Not hyperbole at all, United were indeed woeful for most of that half.

No they weren't

Second half on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You cant argue with that, its totally deserved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Turgid rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Instant reaction - Sack Van Gaal now and give Giggs the job. Ughh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jose-mourinho-allenatore-inter.jpg

Flat flat performance today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ugh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

We were much better before Depay came on and Martial was moved out right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Get rid of him and his brainless philosophy, take Depay with him

there is so much wrong at this club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

You can almost hear the usual suspects tripping over themselves to post again in the match thread.

We were much better before Depay came on and Martial was moved out right.

That decision has me baffled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You can fool some people sometimes, but ya can't fool all the people all the time

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I really don't understand how we can go from dominating like we did in previous games to this awful crap.

Season is a write off, LVG has to go before the Euro's.

Utterly spineless, utterly bland, utterly shyte.

Any other big club in Europe would of sacked LVG by now but yet again he is going to escape with his job intact after this match

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Poor result and wasted chance to close the gap on the top 4. Cant see us getting 4th place now after wasting this chance. Sunderland deserved it however, closed us down quick and played more up for it. Like many bit baffled Martial was switched to the right to accommodate Memphis, the left had been our best source of attack during the first half.

Giggs looks more pissed off then LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

At this stage the top 4 is gone so im hoping for a succession of losses to nail his coffin shut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I don't even want us too equalize if it means he's staying! Just go get Jose now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Nice to see the 2 game bounce is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

LVG out

So on the 13th of February Utds league campaign is now a dead rubber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It'll be interesting to see what happens after this game. How long can you keep this group together assuming that LVG will be able to get it right? We've been shocking. LVG has had a great career but it just hasn't worked out at United. Really disappointing season and I can't see how we can qualify for the CL at this stage. It's time to start looking for a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really do hate Sunderland.

Nothing to play for in the league so I'm just support whoever is playing Arsenal and Sunderland from here on out.

Arsenal not winning the league and Sunderland being relegated is my double this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Am i allowed say top 4's gone now?:o:rolleyes:

We may as well put some effort into the Europa League now as that will be our only taste or European football until September 2017 at the very least. Longer if LVG remains at the club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even surprised. We drop stupid points against relegation fodder for fun. Not a single good performance there today. Really, a horrid, turgid performance.

We're going to be in a battle for 5th at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The fact were still in the FA cup and Europa will keep LVG in this job, should have been ousted at Christmas, can't see it happening now to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

What has happened to schnederlin this season? Last year with southampton he looked a class act, now he has no mobility, no range of passing and is anonymous for most of the time. Fellaini at least puts himself about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

There is not one good reason for LVG to remain United manager any longer. He is so utterly incompetent it is truly shocking and he is a very fortunate man to have even lasted this long.

LVG out and Mourinho in before next weekend please. There's no point in holding it off any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

There is not one good reason for LVG to remain United manager any longer. He is so utterly incompetent it is truly shocking and he is a very fortunate man to have even lasted this long.

LVG out and Mourinho in before next weekend please. There's no point in holding it off any longer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

anyone got any burning tractor gifs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Martial to the right has not been a problem any other time he has shifted there (you know, as United attacking play goes) Memphis..... I dunno, I just can't wait for the season to end at this point. So demoralising week in week out.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

What has happened to schnederlin this season? Last year with southampton he looked a class act, now he has no mobility, no range of passing and is anonymous for most of the time. Fellaini at least puts himself about

They call it the LVG affect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »
    I really do hate Sunderland.

Nothing to play for in the league so I'm just support whoever is playing Arsenal and Sunderland from here on out.

Arsenal not winning the league and Sunderland being relegated is my double this season.
    Your sounding like a fan of another club here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id put everything to the europa league. The league is over at this rate

Dreadful stuff all round today except martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Top 4 gone now. LVG is a ****ing joke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Get LVG out and give Mourinho a chance to try and salvage top 4.

At best mourinho gets into the top 4. At worst he gets a chance to have a proper look at the squad before getting signings in during preseason.

That is of course if Mourinho wants to start now.

• Advertisement

It's just torture letting this go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well that's that.

No champions league til August 2017 at earliest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Fairly sick of this sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

The board surely aren't going to put up with this s***e for much longer. He's an embarrassment and can't be defended any longer. It's obvious that he has lost the dressing room.

I know people will bring up win stats with him in the team but I think he's been awful all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If City and Arsenal win tomorrow, that's the Top 4 done and dusted for this season, no one catching them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Disappointing but not exactly unexpected.

Sunderland were good and are looking to go on their annual Barcelona run.

Thought the second half was very flat and as usual LVG had no answers.

Sniederlin was very disappointing and personified the flat performance.

I had hoped to that LVG was going to limp over the line with late season form but you can't really recover from that first half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

He has to walk. Everything is just pointless until a new manager arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully Woodward will grow a set and make the decision he should have made 3 months ago.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

GSPfan wrote: »
    At this stage the top 4 is gone so im hoping for a succession of losses to nail his coffin shut.

I really don't understand this opinion but know it's widespread with a lot of fans, think it's a bit ridiculous myself.

Don't get the idea of hoping your team loses so the manager will be sacked for poor performances. I'd much rather we finished strongly and started hitting a winning streak and challenging for top four.

If we do bad and VG is sacked, fair enough, but I'm not going to be hoping that every week we lose so he can be sacked and someone else I like could be brought it. Theres many players who have played for United that I haven't liked but similarly I wouldn't hope they play bad so they can be sold or dropped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement