Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

It's hard to even be angry about the result when you know nothing is going to be done about it.

The league campaign could be effectively finished tomorrow. As somebody who doesn't want Giggs anywhere near the job next season, the risk of appointing him as caretaker is much lower now. Let him try and build a bit confidence back by winning the cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is possibly even worse than Liverpool -

11 points in 8 games against the current bottom 5 teams (according to someone on twitter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's hard to comprehend how the players are being coached to play such awful football, constant probing the box with zero movement to get in behind. Trying to lateral pass the ball into the net, it's been the same since Van Gaal arrived, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't, it isn't good enough for United and he should have been sacked months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The really worry now is Utd will wait until the summer to change and spend the first few weeks getting the new man in. He doesn't have time to asses the squad fully before the season starts and is starting at a disadvantage.

It just makes so much sense to get someone in before the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

11 points in 8 games against the current bottom 5 teams (according to someone on twitter).

Was going to calculate but sounds about right.

Any team that shows some passion takes points off us. Be it teams at the top of the league or the bottom. Only time we seem to get 3 points are against midtable teams with **** all to player for...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

rob316 wrote: »
    If City and Arsenal win tomorrow, that's the Top 4 done and dusted for this season, no one catching them,

In fairness it has been done for some time. At Christmas the time was right to end this charade and try and salvage the season, but the utter incompetence at the top has ruined the season.

We simply can't score goals, defend set pieces, defend fullstop and win games. 9 wins in 26 in just appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Am i allowed say top 4's gone now?:o:rolleyes:

I would almost be embarrassed if we fell over the line into 4th. This United team just doesn't deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Your sounding like a fan of another club here!

Probably, but United can't realistically do anything in the league now so I'll take my joy in the misery of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »

Any team that shows some passion takes points off us. Be it teams at the top of the league or the bottom. Only time we seem to get 3 points are against midtable teams with **** all to player for...

In terms of the league we are now a team with **** all to play for :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I don't know full statistics but our performances against bottom half opposition is one of the worse, especially away from home. I think we have won once in the last 7 away games against bottom half opposition. Crucial point chances wasted.

There is no secret in trying to beat us, fecking every team knows how to do it. Shut up shop, wait for the counter or a set piece and you'll get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I really don't understand this opinion but know it's widespread with a lot of fans, think it's a bit ridiculous myself.

Don't get the idea of hoping your team loses so the manager will be sacked for poor performances. I'd much rather we finished strongly and started hitting a winning streak and challenging for top four.

If we do bad and VG is sacked, fair enough, but I'm not going to be hoping that every week we lose so he can be sacked and someone else I like could be brought it. Theres many players who have played for United that I haven't liked but similarly I wouldn't hope they play bad so they can be sold or dropped.

Whats ridiculous is your hope that we will hit a winning streak and challenge for top 4. Mathematically United can still win the league so for such a great fan then surely you should be hoping for that instead of settling for 4th. Tut tut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yourfile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

At this stage, it's not Van Gaal who is the problem. The club is entirely responsible for him still being in charge. He should be gone by this evening and a replacement ready to go Monday morning.

Several times today when United were running forward with the ball, we had men on either wing bursting to get forward but no one through the middle. The ball would get knocked out wide where it would get held-up allowing Sunderland players to retreat, and therefore we're subjected to watching the football equivalent of 'monkeys in a room with a typewriter' which is Manchester United trying to penetrate a packed defence. Against Sunderland.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    The really worry now is Utd will wait until the summer to change and spend the first few weeks getting the new man in. He doesn't have time to asses the squad fully before the season starts and is starting at a disadvantage.

It just makes so much sense to get someone in before the end of the season.

And the euros holding up potential transfers as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

GSPfan wrote: »
    Whats ridiculous is your hope that we will hit a winning streak and challenge for top 4. Mathematically United can still win the league so for such a great fan then surely you should be hoping for that instead of settling for 4th. Tut tut.

Think your opinions on ridiculous and mine vary slightly.

A fan hoping their team wins matches to me doesn't sound ridiculous, funnily enough sounds like a normal fan.

A fan hoping their team loses matches, well, I certainly find that an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

astradave wrote: »
    yourfile.gif

She never really got going :(

He should just walk for the sake of the players. Getting used to these kind of performances is going to make it tougher for the next man, whoever it may be.

I stuck the Playstation on at 30 minutes in. I literally couldn't stomach any more.

At this stage, if Jose came in, no one would have much expectations for him. He might get Top 4, but even if he didn't, he could just point to LVG's run this season as the main reason why.

Zero reason not to be getting rid of LVG now. We won't get Top 4 with him. I hate the idea of Giggs there for a few games, but **** it, might get a new manager bounce, and the two EL games and the FA Cup game should be won sleepwalking while we finalize Jose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

jaykay74 wrote: »

Twas always an uphill battle...

19fz4u7nf8afsgif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Canadel wrote: »
    At this stage, it's not Van Gaal who is the problem. The club is entirely responsible for him still being in charge. He should be gone by this evening and a replacement ready to go Monday morning.

Exactly, I wouldn't even be blaming lvg at this stage, he's clearly deluded and out of his depth. It's the powers that be who are keeping in a job are the real people who should be blamed for another awful season.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Top 4 gone.

LVG surely gone by the summer.

Mourinho coming in.

choo choo

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    anyone got any burning tractor gifs?

ZUt9PKI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

shocking stuff, yet no surprise. weve been playing like a bottom 6 team since November and today is a better indication of our level to be honest.

no more needs to be said, hopefully Woodward finally get his head out of his own *** and sacks him so we can put this sorry state behind us and start all over again.

the regression under LVG has been a complete and utter shamble, enough is enough at this stage.

We're going to be in a battle for 5th at this rate.

hate to break it to you, but if the current run of results continue for the rest of the season (i.e. the last 12 games, compared to the next 12 games), we will be in a battle to finish 9th - everton, west ham, southampton have all gained considerable ground on us in this period and its only a matter of time before all 3 pass us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If he has any respect for himself he should resign

hate to break it to you, but if the current run of results continue for the rest of the season (i.e. the last 12 games, compared to the next 12 games), we will be in a battle to finish 9th - everton, west ham, southampton have all gained considerable ground on us in this period and its only a matter of time before all 3 pass us out.

wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Think your opinions on ridiculous and mine vary slightly.

A fan hoping their team wins matches to me doesn't sound ridiculous, funnily enough sounds like a normal fan.

A fan hoping their team loses matches, well, I certainly find that an odd one.

If we could see both scenarios play out in different timelines where i hope for LVG to lose games and get sacked soon and you hope for a 4th place finish under VG then id say in my favoured timeline we'd win the league sooner than in yours.

Thats why I want it to go tits up as soon as possible to end this pain sooner than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »
    Twas always an uphill battle...

19fz4u7nf8afsgif.gif

Depay there in white.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think its far too late to replace LVG this season with a permanent manager.

It would need a caretaker.

• Advertisement

6th place West Ham vs 18th place Norwich.

West Ham win and we're down to 6th :(

jaykay74 wrote: »

Throw her up on Done Deal. We can get a Honda 50 for the next unbeaten run in March. We'll end up with a positivity wheelbarrow by the end of the season after winning 2 games on the trot in the battle to secure 6th place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Our form over the last 15 games

9eb920141b14101a69f86c07901c43b2.png

Title winning, top 4, positive train/tractor stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

That was dire.

I would hope that the club sacks LVG after that, I just have no confidence they actually will. I am on the fence as to whether Mourinho should get the job. He may not want it until the summer if he was offered it, but would put Giggs in as caretaker manager to see if there is potential in him for the job in a few years time.

If he has any respect for himself he should resign

if he has any respect for the fans and players, he should resign.

serious questions and pressure needs to be put on Woodward now too, the direction the club has gone since the minute he took over, has been unrecognizable to club we all grew up with. another other CEO in the world would have sacked LVG, Woodward is out of his depth and struggling badly to grasp all concept that we are a football club first and foremost and commercial activity should not be the measure of our success.

sad times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

LVG - this result doesn't put me under pressure. I do my job to my utmost best.....

GET THE **** AND JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

My feelings right now....

serious questions and pressure needs to be put on Woodward now too, the direction the club has gone since the minute he took over, has been unrecognizable to club we all grew up with. another other CEO in the world would have sacked LVG, Woodward is out of his depth and struggling badly to grasp all concept that we are a football club first and foremost and commercial activity should not be the measure of our success.

sad times.

Ah man, would you ever give over with this bollox. The time he took over just happened to be the time Fergie left but let's blame Woody :rolleyes:

He won't get sacked. 2 easy games next in the Europa and the FA cup so when they win those 2 game he'll start saying the team is improving.

Should be sacked now though IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LVG - this result doesn't put me under pressure. I do my job to my utmost best.....

GET THE **** AND JUMP OFF A BRIDGE

Honestly, some perspective seems to be needed by a few. Its a game of football lads.

Worst possible weekend anyway, no chance to gain ground on anybody in the top 4 cause of our own inability to beat teams yet again. Can't be much longer left in the nightmare now at this stage.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

sad times.

Broken-Record-psd53198.png

I really don't understand why some people target Woodward as the culprit for our current position.

Can someone just explain to me what exactly has he done wrong?

I really don't understand why some people target Woodward as the culprit for our current position.

He hasnt sacked Van Gaal.

He hasnt sacked Van Gaal.

haha was just about to edit my post and include that but you beat me to it. :pac: That i agree with but apart from that what has done wrong?

he has not had the balls to sack van gaal a long long time ago, like 99% of top level football people would have done.

he said before christmas to the media that the football was grand, that LVG was a "genius" and all the negative press was due to the fans having high expectations - this shows a man who is out of his depth when it comes to football, what the club should be good at. instead under his reign, we have turned into a commercial driven business, that happens to have a football team somewhere.

he has also set our expectations and focus now to making as much money as possible, as opposed to winning trophies.

• Advertisement

Memphis isn't having any good luck, never mind his form.

United fans: "Fúck sake Memphis, defend!!"

Memphis: "Ok..."

* Knocks ball out for corner with defensive header*

*Sunderland score from corner*

he has not had the balls to sack van gaal a long long time ago, like 99% of top level football people would have done.

he said before christmas to the media that the football was grand, that LVG was a "genius" and all the negative press was due to the fans having high expectations.

he has also set our expectations and focus now to making as much money as possible, as opposed to winning trophies.

Move Woodward back to sponsorships and get someone in who knows the footballing side. Preferably one who has eyesight to see the mess we are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I said in the spell before Xmas that he should have went that we'd be lucky to qualify for Europa league and nothing I've seen since has made me think any different. Should have been sacked in Dec

stankratz wrote: »
    Memphis isn't having any good luck, never mind his form.

United fans: "Fúck sake Memphis, defend!!"

Memphis: "Ok..."

* Knocks ball out for corner with defensive header*

*Sunderland score from corner*

ive seen people mention how we fell apart after he came on - ignoring the fact that we were dirt for the entire 90 minutes and that he the only player who actually looked capable of trying something in the last 1/3.

• We missed Fellani today...Schniederlan was very poor in the second half

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement