Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

edgecutter wrote: »
    Move Woodward back to sponsorships and get someone in who knows the footballing side. Preferably one who has eyesight to see the mess we are in.

this is it. i fear until this happens, we are going to keep going as we are - further and further down the pecking order at the top table.

watch us go all out for the Europa league now and end up finishing 7th or 8th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

ive seen people mention how we fell apart after he came on - ignoring the fact that we were dirt for the entire 90 minutes and that he the only player who actually looked capable of trying something in the last 1/3.

Memphis was fine today. As were most of the players. But fine is not good enough for the money they are being paid and the expectation at the club. Time for a big change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We missed Fellani today...Schniederlan was very poor in the second half

Yep, he gets dogs abuse, but I would rather have him in the team than Schniederlan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

this is it. i fear until this happens, we are going to keep going as we are - further and further down the pecking order at the top table.

watch us go all out for the Europa league now and end up finishing 7th or 8th.

Jesus Homer your always doom and gloom do you not know everything is rosy at utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

ive seen people mention how we fell apart after he came on - ignoring the fact that we were dirt for the entire 90 minutes and that he the only player who actually looked capable of trying something in the last 1/3.

Well I think the whole problem people are having with the decision was that Martial was moved out to the right to accommodate Memphis coming in. Up to that point the most joy we were getting was Martial vs Yedlin, so I completely understand why people were annoyed to see us break up one of the more favourable match ups we were having.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Really thought we'd kick on after getting the equalizer but the second half had really nothing from our point of view.

Memphis strolled on & done jack s*it yet again - Schniederlan was ghost-like in the second half & Carrick's passing was way off what it usually is.

Genuine tripe yet again with no fight when the chips are down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Really thought we'd kick on after getting the equalizer but the second half had really nothing from our point of view.

Memphis strolled on & done jack s*it yet again - Schniederlan was ghost-like in the second half & Carrick's passing was way off what it usually is.

Genuine tripe yet again with no fight when the chips are down.

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/698516620700942337

@AdamCrafton #mufc now failed to win 17 of their last 26 games in all comps.....It is utterly remarkable LvG is still in a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well I think the whole problem people are having with the decision was that Martial was moved out to the right to accommodate Memphis coming in. Up to that point the most joy we were getting was Martial vs Yedlin, so I completely understand why people were annoyed to see us break up one of the more favourable match ups we were having.

That seems to be part of LVG's "philosophy"

If something is working well, break it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm hoping this could be the breaking point for the board.

• Advertisement

Darmian is out for 7 weeks apparently. it really is a disgrace that a right back and a center back was not brought in, in january.

they dont even have to be top class, just at a level above what else we have in the squad which is almost non existent at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

stankratz wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/698516620700942337

@AdamCrafton #mufc now failed to win 17 of their last 26 games in all comps.....It is utterly remarkable LvG is still in a job.

The 9 wins from 26 comment earlier was obviously leaving too much room for interpretation...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

How big is the Arsenal game now. A defeat and we could possibly be 10 points off the top 4 and even still could be 4 points off 5th place. I think if that becomes the case then it will be a big moment for the club to consider whether to stay with LVG or not. It will be a very big 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

absolutely shocking.

Leicester City WILL be finishing top 4 this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

The 9 wins from 26 comment earlier was obviously leaving too much room for interpretation...

Weren't 5 of those wins in the last 10 games as well? Think todays lose is our 2nd in previous 10 games.

What a wasted chance to win another and be looking better with 6 wins in 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

Ah lads seriously? 2-1 loss to Sunderland? We're actually giving 4th away. Hopefully the Board cops on.

KH25 wrote: »
    Ah lads seriously? 2-1 loss to Sunderland? We're actually giving 4th away. Hopefully the Board cops on.

our board appears to have different expectations and targets that we, as fans have though so you cant be confident of them copping on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

What's the general feeling from Utd fans? Would you take Mourinho?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

our board appears to have different expectations and targets that we, as fans have though so you cant be confident of them copping on.

Completely agree with you Homer. At another club the decision would have been made weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United will need a lot of luck to get CL football.

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The targets are the same. It seems they just really believe in LVG and want to give him as big a chance as possible to turn things around. It's commendable in a way, but foolish at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    I'm hoping this could be the breaking point for the board.

Unfortunately adox, if the board werent going to sack him after the CL exit or the first Stoke game, they wont be doing it now.

They really need their heads examined, its brutal decision making

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

tigger123 wrote: »

Take his granny at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

KH25 wrote: »

Board are more concerned with results off the field

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Honestly, I would take anyone at this stage. The arrogance of LVG is leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

No doubt Mourinho is a quality manager but he wouldn't be my top pick for the job, but that's just my personal opinion and know many would disagree. I think his style of play and philosophy is quite similar to LVG and that he doesn't offer enough chances to youths.

Countering that I do believe he would lift the fans and possibly morale.

The manager I'd like the most is by far not in consideration and the mention of his name would have people questioning my sanity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Of course. I'd happily take Giggs until the rest of the season. The sooner LVG leaves the club, the sooner the rebuilding can begin.

it seems to be about 2/3rd in favour of Jose, alot of fans want him but some dont....

i took a look through the old threads on redcafe just now back to 2013 and 2014.

very surprised to see that only 40% of fans wanted LVG as our manager when Moyes got the sack, i thought it was much higher at the time - it seemed alot of people just werent sure he was the right man and had reservations about him but were willing to give him a try seen as Moyes had been so poor.

i recall (cant find the thread) that about 12% of people wanted Moyes back in 2013 and the vast majority wanted Mourinho....

I missed that comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

No doubt Mourinho is a quality manager but he wouldn't be my top pick for the job, but that's just my personal opinion and know many would disagree. I think his style of play and philosophy is quite similar to LVG and that he doesn't offer enough chances to youths.

Countering that I do believe he would lift the fans and possibly morale.

The manager I'd like the most is by far not in consideration and the mention of his name would have people questioning my sanity :pac:

United aren't in a position where they can pick any manager they want to come in and replace LVG. Mourinho is bar far the best option available. He is a proven Premier League winner and has had success at every club he has managed.

United aren't in a position where they can pick any manager they want to come in and replace LVG. Mourinho is bar far the best option available. He is a proven Premier League winner and has had success at every club he has managed.

I'm well aware they can't just pick any manager. Never said they could. Didn't say I think Mourinho would be a poor choice, just stated that personally not the manager I'd like from the possible or available choices. I completely understand people wanting Mourinho, doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

The targets are the same. It seems they just really believe in LVG and want to give him as big a chance as possible to turn things around. It's commendable in a way, but foolish at this stage.

dunno about that. under Ferguson, the aim was to win the league every year.

LVG keeps talking now about top 3 positions - he has been told this, as it ties into our financial commitments.

our ambition has dropped, as we can hit our financial targets every year by qualifying for the CL and winning nothing. could you imagine Ferguson talking about finishing top 4?

no f*cking way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Darmian out for several weeks with dislocated shoulder.

U18s won today to stop the bad results, all it took was a manager getting the sack

Well this is turning out to be a **** day of sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Van Gaal is worse than Moyes to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Norwich can cheers us up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Seems the club don't want to become a sacking club, after Moyes. I'm all for patience, giving a manager time to grow into the role. But LVG is old, is retiring after this gig. He doesn't deserve patience. The sooner the new long term manager is in the better so we can build again.

user2011 wrote: »
    Norwich can cheers us up?

It's weird looking at Norwich vs West Ham with the result affecting our league position... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

At this stage one would have to say he is, given the fact he has had a year and a half and has spent substantially more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No doubt, given the money he's spent, arguably the worst of all time

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Leave out the "I think" and you're spot on.

Norwich are really losing this by giving too much space, moves WH 1 point closer, Norwich could easily lose at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's weird looking at Norwich vs West Ham with the result affecting our league position... :P

Its weird looking up at Leicester and knowing we haven't a hope of catching them with a third of season still to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

West ham deserve to be above us. Playing great stuff at the moment. Says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    No doubt, given the money he's spent, arguably the worst of all time

giphy.gif

Think about what you just said like.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A Leicester win and City/Spurs draw is what we need.

We will stay in 5th despite our defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We could end up battling it out with Liverpool for 10th :eek:

1 point clear of Southampton and West Ham now, by the time we play Arsenal theres a massive chance we will be 8th and could even be level on points with liverpool in 9th.

Red Issue ‏@RedIssue 1h1 hour ago
    £250m - what difference does it make? Van Loony's last 34 league games: 52 points. Van Moyes' 34 league games: 57 points.

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Board are more concerned with results off the field

The board is concerned with on and off the pitch. Mourinho looks like our next manager, but it was said he didn't want to take over a team mid season.
    The break will probably be good for Jose.
    The board knows the results off the field will suffer if results on the pitch are not good enough, maybe they don't want Giggs as a temporary manager, and believe Van Gaal is the best option till the summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement