Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Van Loony? Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Giggs as a temporary manager would be such a gamble for Utd, he doesn't have the necessary experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

tigger123 wrote: »
    Giggs as a temporary manager would be such a gamble for Utd, he doesn't have the necessary experience.

Honestly can he be any worse at this stage?

Definitely. If LVG is sacked before the end if he season there's other options besides Mourinho. Sitting next to mediocre managers for a few years isn't experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this sums up our problems to be honest -

377724.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,860 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have no idea how this can get anything but worse under the current managment... if we do manage a decent performance we cant string a couple of them together and we are getting beaten again by absolute dross again today.. Norwich.. now Sunderland... beyond a joke... let Giggs run with it.. get in Jose.. but there is no good reason at this point to keep the status quo.. its not getting any better !

Definitely. If LVG is sacked before the end if he season there's other options besides Mourinho. Sitting next to mediocre managers for a few years isn't experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I had not wrote off lvg's chance of turning things around until today, but when he didn't set out his team to pummel a team as bad as sunderland then i give up. A midfield of schneiderlin and carrick is fine when playing bigger teams but not against relegation candidates. When it didn't get results against other crap teams why didn't he try something else. Bloody groundhog day lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Adamocovic wrote: »
    No doubt Mourinho is a quality manager but he wouldn't be my top pick for the job, but that's just my personal opinion and know many would disagree. I think his style of play and philosophy is quite similar to LVG and that he doesn't offer enough chances to youths.

Countering that I do believe he would lift the fans and possibly morale.

The manager I'd like the most is by far not in consideration and the mention of his name would have people questioning my sanity :pac:

Mark Hughes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

this sums up our problems to be honest -

377724.jpg

Last 6 have killed our chances.

• Advertisement

Last 6 have killed our chances.

weve been in trouble since November to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Imagine if by some miracle we won the Europa league and finished 5th in the PL...it would have meant going out in the group stages of the CL was the best result...but I really doubt we will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea 2-0 up after 8 minutes, only 7 off us now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

RobertKK wrote: »
    Imagine if by some miracle we won the Europa league and finished 5th in the PL...it would have meant going out in the group stages of the CL was the best result...but I really doubt we will win it.

I wouldnt be surprised if LVG focuses a lot on FA and Europa just so hell win some silverware and can convince himself he has been an overwhelming success :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RobertKK wrote: »

Wouldn't be surprised if Midtjylland go through.

Chelsea 2-0 up after 8 minutes, only 7 off us now

we still have all these games left, based off the last 3 months can you honestly see us winning any of them, under LVG?

West ham (A)
    arsenal (H)
    city (A)
    spurs (A)
    Leicester (H)
    everton (H)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

we still have all these games left, based off the last 3 months can you honestly see us winning any of them, under LVG?

West ham (A)
    arsenal (H)
    city (A)
    spurs (A)
    Leicester (H)
    everton (H)

I'd say maybe Everton there & possibly Leicester.

Wishful thinking maybe though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sunderland walked through the midfield today, it's games like that when you realise what Fellaini brings when he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

West ham (A)
    arsenal (H)
    city (A)
    spurs (A)
    Leicester (H)
    everton (H)

We failed to win 17 out of the last 25 games,teams have had us sussed for a while,let us keep the ball and pass it about for the sake of it then hit us on the break or wait for a set piece to get a chance to score against us.LVG has either been blind to this or is too set in his philosophy to change our playing style.We might actually do ok against the teams that do come out to play football but the teams we should be routinely beating are getting results against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well at least the U18's finally won.. corner turned :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Sunderland walked through the midfield today, it's games like that when you realise what Fellaini brings when he plays.

its games like today that make you realise how crap we have become!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fellaini started 10 games we won 12 points

https://gyazo.com/92116739fd3d84d8d6f46a8f7450ab6a

Fellaini subbed on 5 games we won 5 points

https://gyazo.com/a0b1066550d13e9b079c56fa281280cc

We are getting walked through with and without him this season :)

bangkok wrote: »

theres a huge chance we will finish the season 10th or 11th if we dont get our of this run quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

On a lighter note, does anyone think cbj looks like the 7up man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

hogandrew wrote: »
    On a lighter note, does anyone think cbj looks like the 7up man?

He looks like Will Smith's kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

theres a huge chance we will finish the season 10th or 11th if we dont get our of this run quickly.

Such a **** season, only thing that can save it is a cup. top 4 looking very unlikely now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Top 4 looks very tough now. Won today and we were in with chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bangkok wrote: »

How spineless we are without Fellaini.

Top 4 looks very tough now. Won today and we were in with chance

winning today, would only have just moved the inevitably to the next game or the game after. today is not an isolated incident, its been happening all year though today was in our top 3 poorest displays all season.

Southampton at home was our worst, Arsenal away next then today but theres stiff competition to be honest, we have been terrible in alot of games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Surely the board have to act in the Summer. We need to get this **** back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

winning today, would only have just moved the inevitably to the next game or the game after. today is not an isolated incident, its been happening all year though today was in our top 3 poorest displays all season.

Southampton at home was our worst, Arsenal away next then today but theres stiff competition to be honest, we have been terrible in alot of games.

Norwich at home for me, they deserved to win at OT which is a huge fcuking deal for me. Norwich should NOT outplay United anywhere, especially away from home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Amazing what a new manager can do lads! Chelsea look like world beaters again

A season of 2 halves,

First half,

ac01aebdda04ca93aab66b4c2dc9cde6.png

Second Half,

932189956eb0ca4155393ed655ce9d23.png

Guess who started most games in the second half? :pac::pac::pac:

Player stats,Rooney had one shot from about 30 yards that went wide.Martial went out of the game completely when he switched wings to accomodate Memphis.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2015/matches/803414/player-stats#tabs-wrapper-anchor#:YsULPbMyC_5joA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

MrMac84 wrote: »

Ah will you stop Chelsea have been **** all season and have been not much better under Hiddink ffs

They are actually less attacking under him, he has made them harder to beat alright, check out how many games he has won though, if United beat Newcastle handy would you think it was of any significance?

Drawing with us, drawing with Watford, drawing with West Brom, drawing with Everton, some feckin world beaters there alright

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

user2011 wrote: »
    A season of 2 halves,

First half,

Second Half,

Guess who started most games in the second half? :pac::pac::pac:

DDG? Smalling? Mata? Ah I see where you might be going with this, is Fellaini the answer you're looking for? :pac:

Whatever the reason, the results before and after the Leicester game at the end of November are like chalk and cheese. It's sickening to see it laid out there, also sickening how close we could be to 1st and safe within the Top 4 if the team didn't shíte the bed in December.

Anyway, I've gone out for a walk with the dogs and came back since the end of the game earlier. Got back with the hope of hearing news that LVG had finally parted ways with the club, it didn't happen. I also went for a snooze on the couch for an hour or two. Woke up with the hope of hearing news that LVG had finally parted ways with the club, it didn't happen. I'm getting to the point of not being able to blame LVG anymore. He has long ago shown that he needs to be replaced and that under his guidance, the club are on a path that leads down a dark road. In any other 'top' club, this would have been sorted by now and the board's inaction is getting very frustrating.

MrMac84 wrote: »

wouldnt call them world beaters but they certainly are doing much better - 9 game unbeaten run and scoring more goals, and looking much better in attack -

1.06 points and 1.23 goals per game up until 19th December.

1.66 points per game and 1.9 goals per game since then.

they have also gained 6 points on us (we were 14 ahead of them at one stage) and look far better to end the season well, than us. they could easily finish 5th if they keep up this current run, but they may run out of games.

Me watching reddit and twitter for news of a sacking or resignation...

oROrFkM.gif

Found this though and it made me laugh...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvAMDIuvHX/

stankratz wrote: »
    DDG? Smalling? Mata? Ah I see where you might be going with this, is Fellaini the answer you're looking for? :pac:

Whatever the reason, the results before and after the Leicester game at the end of November are like chalk and cheese. It's sickening to see it laid out there, also sickening how close we could be to 1st and safe within the Top 4 if the team didn't shíte the bed in December.

Anyway, I've gone out for a walk with the dogs and came back since the end of the game earlier. Got back with the hope of hearing news that LVG had finally parted ways with the club, it didn't happen. I also went for a snooze on the couch for an hour or two. Woke up with the hope of hearing news that LVG had finally parted ways with the club, it didn't happen. I'm getting to the point of not being able to blame LVG anymore. He has long ago shown that he needs to be replaced and that under his guidance, the club are on a path that leads down a dark road. In any other 'top' club, this would have been sorted by now and the board's inaction is getting very frustrating.

Ah no way am I blaming him (Fell) for the second half, joke for Nuts/Bangkok ;) the only person that can be blamed is LvG, squad management, tactics etc.

Just on your 1st/top 4 here is what the others were at when we went to the dogs,

1st Leicester, https://gyazo.com/c9c7e11f520bd0280d1adb57e7db113e

2nd Spurs, https://gyazo.com/5efce2f27549e0935a295f6fae29eb2d

3rd Arsenal, https://gyazo.com/8747bb6e6dd505c3a7e1720c2f6214ee

4th City, https://gyazo.com/befdf6e9fee8c6dca0e3088b17c13240

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Kinda off topic but it is absolutely ridiculous how s**t the BT coverage of PL games are.

The commentary and arse licking of Howard Webb was annoying af.

Sky are miles ahead even without G.Neville

stankratz wrote: »
    Me watching reddit and twitter for news of a sacking or resignation...

oROrFkM.gif

Found this though and it made me laugh...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvAMDIuvHX/

but if they were going to sack him, it would have been done 2 months ago.

they have obviously decided to hedge their bets on leceister/spurs collapsing and now that it appears that to be unlikely, they have moved that to the Europa league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The results were better in the first half of the season but it still boils down to the performances which for the majority of Van Gaal's time in charge have been abysmal with a handful of good instances. If this were Everton or Liverpool Van Gaal was managing with the budget and squad they have then it would be acceptable to be 5th and still in a couple of cups nearing the end of his second season. But this is United and he has spent a fortune with two years to make something of this team and what he has produced it's completely unacceptable, he should have been sacked when we whimpered out of the easiest CL group we could possibly have hoped for.

The worst part about it is he's still going along doing everything the exact same way as he has done since day 1 despite it not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

John o Shea was terrific today has be said. Deserved MOTM

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

John o Shea was terrific today has be said. Deserved MOTM

Big fan of John O Shea but by god he is annoying when he isn't on the team you support,I dunno how many times today I said "will you feck off O Shea"

The results were better in the first half of the season but it still boils down to the performances which for the majority of Van Gaal's time in charge have been abysmal with a handful of good instances. If this were Everton or Liverpool Van Gaal was managing with the budget and squad they have then it would be acceptable to be 5th and still in a couple of cups nearing the end of his second season. But this is United and he has spent a fortune with two years to make something of this team and what he has produced it's completely unacceptable, he should have been sacked when we whimpered out of the easiest CL group we could possibly have hoped for.

The worst part about it is he's still going along doing everything the exact same way as he has done since day 1 despite it not working.

Totally agree with this, there were people talking in the first half of the season so far, that the results would not keep pace with performances and it turned out to be.

last pic of the night, where we were before the end of November/December run, I was literally :eek: seeing this.

32673cdcac9fdcab48c490d1da9c1a0f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

user2011 wrote: »

32673cdcac9fdcab48c490d1da9c1a0f.png

Ah those were the days,playing dire and getting away with it

Ah those were the days,playing dire and getting away with it

Even seeing the pic it doesn't bring back a memory, completely erased!

#WellDoneVANGAAL

Neville got his first win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No doubt this will be something anti-United.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/698605854812200960

Supposedly this is that Jose is Seriously considering taking the Portugal job because United are dithering

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement