Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

RobertKK wrote: »
    Neymar has said that Man City are interested in signing him, he was asked if he was aware of Man City's interest, he replied “Yes, yes.” then said “I don’t know, life is long.”

Two jobs for Ed, do what it takes to get Pep, and then do the same for Neymar. If we can compete with the oil money of City, then buy the best quality, as we lack the very best quality in terms of best right now, we have some great potential for the future.

Do you really think Neymar is going to leave Barcelona to move to Manchester?

No chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Alex Meier wrote: »
    Precisely the reason why he should not be given the job. He's the common denominator in this disastrous Moyes/Van Gaal era.
    As are Woodward, De Gea, Smalling, Rooney, Mata, Carrick etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I wouldn't like Jose to manage the Utd I grew up with but I think he'd suit neo-Utd. He wouldn't be classy and would probably leave in unpleasant circumstances but I think current Man Utd wouldn't mind that as long as a couple of trophies were won. It's a shame the club I loved is heading this direction but it's business at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Precisely the reason why he should not be given the job. He's the common denominator in this disastrous Moyes/Van Gaal era.

Precisely the reason I say he should go elsewhere to gain experience first and not be given the top job yet. He still has much to learn and would be better to do so elsewhere before being given the top job at Man Utd.

nullzero wrote: »
    LVG at United reminds me of Trap with Ireland, both great managers who have just had the game pass them by ever so slightly but haven't the inclination or insight to change how they approach the game.

Indeed, I commented many months ago that I think LVG is a dinosaur, PL management is a tough gig, coming from an international role is not advantageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Korat wrote: »
    Do you really think Neymar is going to leave Barcelona to move to Manchester?

No chance.

His father talked about leaving Spain.

There is always a chance, it is just how big or small it is is, remember the PL is going to have far money than the Spanish league. There is going to be a drift of top talent towards England.

The manager could play a role too. Pep will be a draw and some reports say City do not have Pep tied down yet, but Pep will be a draw for whoever gets him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

There is always a chance, it is just how big or small it is is, remember the PL is going to have far money than the Spanish league. There is going to be a drift of top talent towards England.

The manager could play a role too. Pep will be a draw and some reports say City do not have Pep tied down yet, but Pep will be a draw for whoever gets him.

What odds on Pep at City and his arch rival Mourinho at United?

No love lost between those two teams/managers.

CNN in their sports section say Van Gaal has resigned 6 times out of his last 8 managerial roles, and that after the Stoke game, he had a training section that evening with the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

CNN in their sports section say Van Gaal has resigned 6 times out of his last 8 managerial roles, and that after the Stoke game, he had a training section that evening with the players.

If United lose today then they could be as low as 10th.
    Surely absolutely no comeback from that.

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    If United lose today then they could be as low as 10th.
    Surely absolutely no comeback from that.

The Telegraph are claiming he's going even if United win today.

I don't think that will happen. . . But I'd say he's finished if United lose.

What odds on Pep at City and his arch rival Mourinho at United?

No love lost between those two teams/managers.

On Paddypower:
    Pep to City 1/5
    Jose to United 4/7

If you pick those two as a double, it works out at even money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

These performances and results are worse than Moyes games in his run as manager imo. If that was even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

These performances and results are worse than Moyes games in his run as manager imo. If that was even possible.

Liverpool could be ahead of you on Wednesday :eek::eek:

Of all the A-list stars he's the one I'd see as least likely to move to the PL and NW England.

Apart from getting kick around like a rag doll on the pitch I just don't think he'd enjoy living in NW England at all.

For all the money in the world a move to Man City is a huge step down from Barcelona. Why do that in your prime? Naah it pure leverage for a new bumper contract at Barca.

The only hope might be that Barca decide to call his bluff, he gets offended and moves out of spite.

For all the money in the world a move to Man City is a huge step down from Barcelona. Why do that in your prime? Naah it pure leverage for a new bumper contract at Barca.

Exactly what Ronaldo did . . . Put it out that he could return to United as his contract was getting renewed and negotiations were ongoing. Ramos did the same last summer.

As soon as the deal was sealed he started saying he could play for RM until he's forty.

Places like Manchester, Liverpool etc. . are always going to find it really difficult to attract top players from the very best clubs in Europe. Why would you go to live there when you could live in Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or even London?

Call it the Di Maria effect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Neymar in Manchester lol

Neymar in Manchester lol

This time last year he ruled out City because he doesn't like playing on muddy pitches.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/15/neymar-manchester-city-muddy-english-pitches-boots-santos-barcelona

Of all the A-list stars he's the one I'd see as least likely to move to the PL and NW England.

Apart from getting kick around like a rag doll on the pitch I just don't think he'd enjoy living in NW England at all.

The only hope might be that Barca decide to call his bluff, he gets offended and moves out of spite.

Neymar is always getting kicked around, it is only the ones that aren't threats that avoid getting kicked around.

Anyway Florentino Perez wants Neymar, hopefully he forgets about De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

I wonder what I'd have thought as a young Utd fan if Martin Edwards had been promising to sign Maradona and Platini in the '80s when we were actually getting Danny Wallace and Brian McClair.

It doesn't exactly build a bond of trust with the club.

If you pick those two as a double, it works out at even money.

9/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I wonder what I'd have thought as a young Utd fan if Martin Edwards had been promising to sign Maradona and Platini in the '80s when we were actually getting Danny Wallace and Brian McClair.

When did Woodward promise to sign superstars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What a silly remark, has no relevance whatsoever either.

• xtal191 wrote: »

Sad!

But still could be worse

It could say something like premier league champions 2013/2014 :P

What a silly remark, has no relevance whatsoever either.

I think the club is in danger of poisoning the well by making extravagant promises they know they can't keep just to keep the hype around the club going and push the advertising sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyway Florentino Perez wants Neymar, hopefully he forgets about De Gea.

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say-a
    But nothing comes out when they move their lips
    Just a bunch of gibberish
    And motherfuckers act like they forgot about De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

xtal191 wrote: »

In all fairness, you can't help what the bootleggers decide to produce and sell. Same with the 'Liverpool Premier League Champions' t-shirts that were on sale back in 2014. Nothing to do with the club or its fans - only the bootleggers looking to make money. I don't recall any LFC fans buying/wearing those shirts at the time, and I'd expect the same from the Utd fans.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sad!

But still could be worse

It could say something like premier league champions 2013/2014 :P

After my previous post, I read this. Ridiculous how fans use these things to one-up eachother.

I think the club is in danger of poisoning the well by making extravagant promises they know they can't keep just to keep the hype around the club going and push the advertising sales.

What extravagant promises has the club made?

• Advertisement

What extravagant promises has the club made?

You've got me. Woodward never actually promised anything.

It's the fans getting themselves all worked up about gallactico signings, the fools.

Just because he was in Barcelona to try sign Neymar, not Pedro, doesn't mean anyone should think he would.

A little disappointment for fans doesn't harm advertising sales in the short-term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a feeling that the board will have less say in who follows LvG. The Glazers won't be impressed with how things have turned out & they won't care whether Jose is a nice chap or not.

They also won't be concerned about injuries, tactics & all the other excuses. They will want a winner. Eventually our lack of success will start to cost serious amounts of money, a lot of it Glazer's money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

fyfe79 wrote: »
    After my previous post, I read this. Ridiculous how fans use these things to one-up eachother.

That's just to way it is. There wasn't a sniff of a Liverpool fan in this thread 5 weeks ago, now it's crawling with them.
    Both sides do it, you don't have to get involved if you don't want to.

That's just to way it is. There wasn't a sniff of a Liverpool fan in this thread 5 weeks ago, now it's crawling with them.

Is this thread crawling with Liverpool fans?

Is this thread crawling with Liverpool fans?

Yes, can you not feel their presence? It's making my skin itch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

xtal191 wrote: »

Oh god that's horrible almost up there with the clowns who got the plane for moyes

It's crawling with more than just Liverpool fans ;)

Anyone is allowed post once they don't act like a bellend

I would love to be in the Trafford Bar now singing my favourite dippers song. . . In your Liverpool slums.

;)

Discodog wrote: »
    Eventually our lack of success will start to cost serious amounts of money, a lot of it Glazer's money.

None of it is Glazer money until they give it to themselves from the club. It's the club's debt not theirs that needs the cash to keep coming.

They'll miss out on a billion dollar pay out someday in the future if it club goes into liquidation but they'll be no worse off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I would love to be in the Trafford Bar now singing my favourite dippers song. . . In your Liverpool slums.

;)

I look forward to your prison thread.

Yeah the way it is indeed. But eachothers fans will always be observing/commenting in eachothers threads, it's not a recent phenomenon and will always happen I suppose.

I just try to do my little bit for inter-club relations! I come in peace. :D

None of it is Glazer money until they give it to themselves from the club. It's the club's debt not theirs that needs the cash to keep coming.

They'll miss out on a billion dollar pay out someday in the future if it club goes into liquidation but they'll be no worse off.

It's their debt & results effect the value of the club.

You've got me. Woodward never actually promised anything.

It's the fans getting themselves all worked up about gallactico signings, the fools.

You see you say this sarcastically, but yeah that's the truth right there. The only thing the club has actually said in relation to signing superstars is that they are financially capable of doing so. You can say the club are saying they are signing superstars unofficially through briefings to the press etc but that's speculation on your part.

sky88 wrote: »
    Oh god that's horrible almost up there with the clowns who got the plane for moyes

Is it wrong for fans to show their frustration & their support for a possible replacement ?

• fyfe79 wrote: »

The faux-outrage is what's ridiculous

Relax, if you come in peace a bit of #bantz is no harm

Have a guess where I'm heading for the match?

I'm meeting a Liverpool fan in the pub

He will be laughing at me and utd today, but take it on the chin!

It's like a see-saw, next week it could be the other way around

If your taking it too serious that's your issue

• Advertisement

Yeah the way it is indeed. But eachothers fans will always be observing/commenting in eachothers threads, it's not a recent phenomenon and will always happen I suppose.

It's a compliment to both teams that rival fans care what's going on with them even when they're not challenging for major trophies. :)

They do and there's no problem there at all but they weren't commenting 5 weeks ago and now they are is all I'm saying. Schadenfreude is on the menu and the people are queuing up like they do for a cheap carvery :)

It's all part and parcel of it, just like the cheap shots and slagging. So long as people aren't hypocritical about it it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rivalries are not built up on good club relations thats what makes them fun and makes the premier league intresting.

its the only real reason why Liverpool games were always a bit of extra spice for the past 25 years or so, if the fans liked each other the games would mean nothing because ye weren't exactly challenging much.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The faux-outrage is what's ridiculous

Relax, if you come in peace a bit of #bantz is no harm

Have a guess where I'm heading for the match?

I'm meeting a Liverpool fan in the pub

He will be laughing at me and utd today, but take it on the chin!

It's like a see-saw, next week it could be the other way around

If your taking it too serious that's your issue

Honestly, there's no faux-outrage here. I love the banter as much as the next man, but usually the banter involves the club, players, managers, fans etc.

Bantering about what garbage merch bootleggers produce, which is 100% nothing to do with the club, players, managers, fans etc, is what irks me a little. Nothing major, just a slight irk, an observation if you will. :)

Should United go back to playing 4-4-2?

Wouldn't mind Lukaku or Ighalo or being greedy both being signed and a right winger like Mahrez.

In the top 25 league scorers for the season, United have no player on the list. That is more than being bad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement