Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

user2011 wrote: »
    A season of 2 halves,

First half,

ac01aebdda04ca93aab66b4c2dc9cde6.png

Second Half,

932189956eb0ca4155393ed655ce9d23.png

Guess who started most games in the second half? :pac::pac::pac:

Can I guess?! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    No doubt this will be something anti-United.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/698605854812200960

Supposedly this is that Jose is Seriously considering taking the Portugal job because United are dithering

Good guy Castles, always looking to troll United fans when things are looking bad. Always rely on him to stir the pot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can he not just say it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

No, he has to drum up enough interest first, get a few new followers, build the suspense and then unleash the bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

bangkok wrote: »
    Can I guess?! :)

Sorry man only people who don't have names beginning with B and ending with K allowed, next time though. :P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fewest Points after 26 games in PL

Fewest Goals scored also after same games.

Says a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Press embargo is lifted now,anything that's stirring will pop up shortly.

BTW Castles is an ABU shitstirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Painful watching MOTD

Manchester United are closing in on the £70million purchase of Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward revealed this week to United shareholders that the club has cash reserves of £121.6m and indicated there will be 'star signings' in the summer.

Despite the speculation surrounding manager Louis van Gaal, work on signings continues

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3445993/Manchester-United-line-70m-summer-bid-Borussia-Dortmund-striker-Pierre-Emerick-Aubameyang.html#ixzz405gdVw1h

Maybe that's why Jose was watching Dortmund??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »

Rob Draper the writer, he took over Ladymans slot didn't he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Aubameyamg would be an insane buy, I can only imagine the terror himself and Martial would cause

I'd be throwing money at them for Reus too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fewest Points after 26 games in PL

Fewest Goals scored also after same games.

Says a lot.

i think i posted a few weeks back but its on a par with our worst offensive season since 1974 when the club was relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Big story that their coming up with now is that Mour has been offered the Portugal job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Quickly Robin, to the Pochettino mobile!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Big story that their coming up with now is that Mour has been offered the Portugal job.

Never liked him anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Your reading too much of BangkoksIndykalia's twitter:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Finding a new manager could end up like all the stories of last summer of all the big money world class signings that were coming in,

Think Jose is coming

Ends up with Mike Bassett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Aubameyamg would be an insane buy, I can only imagine the terror himself and Martial would cause
    If by insane you mean because we sold a similar but technically better player in Welbeck then I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    Your reading too much of BangkoksIndykalia's twitter:P

Thats why i said coming up with.

They are total spoofers.

• Advertisement

Canadel wrote: »
    If by insane you mean because we sold a similar but technically better player in Welbeck then I agree.

11ah5bb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Would love Pochettino but would be happy to take Mourinho as the next managerial appointment is critical in terms of the club falling further behind. I'd have confidence in Mourinho regardless of what happened this season with Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

giphy.gif

I thought you didn't support any team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Enough has been said about today.

Losing to Sunderland should be an immediately sackable offense. A terrible, terrible team. Losing to them is a total embarrassment and had me fuming all day.

The ****ing state of it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Enough has been said about today.

Losing to Sunderland should be an immediately sackable offense. A terrible, terrible team. Losing to them is a total embarrassment and had me fuming all day.

The ****ing state of it.

I've totally checked out on this season. We will finish somewhere between 5th and 17th place, I'm not even that bothered where.
    I don't think I've ever turned a match off in the first half until today. I was watching the game on the PlayStation 4 and I just thought to myself that I'd rather be playing a game than looking at this crap :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Welbeck is fairly average tbh, he'd fit in as a main striker for a team near the bottom of the table but that's it really

I thought you didn't support any team?
    I've supported Utd since I was a child. I don't follow them fanatically though and I support a few other teams as well.

I've supported Utd since I was a child. I don't follow them fanatically though and I support a few other teams as well.

"I'm a football fan, I don't support anyone, I support everyone" were your words.
    You also said you hope Leicester smash United. It's all a bit of an act is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was pointed out earlier that you are simply not even trying anymore, this is yet more evidence of it. So sad when people lose that bit of magic and everybody else can see it except them :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

gutted tbh champions league is gone bar we win the europa
    we have good players(mostly) but whatever is going on our manager is just not getting them to play either attacking/positive football or with pride/fight for the club.....
    i want him gone now asap if its giggs or "the special one" it will be better
    it sure canny be any worse :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'm pretty sure Canadel is Danny Welbeck.

CbIMGP7XIAkUTPS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free sandels on valentines day, perfect.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

"I'm a football fan, I don't support anyone, I support everyone" were your words.
    You also said you hope Leicester smash United. It's all a bit of an act is it.
    Exactly. I'm a fan of football. Of course I hope Leicester smash Utd in May if things continue on the way they are right now.
    It was pointed out earlier that you are simply not even trying anymore, this is yet more evidence of it. So sad when people lose that bit of magic and everybody else can see it except them :(
    Oh yeah, the Sunderland match thread, where I accurately assessed that both teams are fairly evenly matched, and was laughed and scorned at. I do remember! No magic lost here my friend, I just experience it in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

J. Marston wrote: »
    Quickly Robin, to the Pochettino mobile!

Hopefully he tells ye to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I actually thought we played ok if you ignore the result, it was the more forward thinking United that we've seen in the past couple of games, we passed it forward, there were some neat interplays. I thought Mata was very good. Martial has the spark and I really like CBJ.

But the result is absolutely septic....the players look like they are just going through the motions.

I hate picking on young players but Memphis looks like he just doesn't give a toss, you could forgive him his failings if he put a shift in when he came on.

LVG very much on borrowed time, as I said before I think it's all done and dusted that he's gone in summer and is only still in the job as he was deemed the least bad option til then, that was before Pep went to city though. If Mourinho is the choice (I disagree with this) I can't see why it's not being done already, so I would think he isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I actually thought we played ok if you ignore the result, it was the more forward thinking United that we've seen in the past couple of games, we passed it forward, there were some neat interplays. I thought Mata was very good. Martial has the spark and I really like CBJ.

But the result is absolutely septic....the players look like they are just going through the motions.

I hate picking on young players but Memphis looks like he just doesn't give a toss, you could forgive him his failings if he put a shift in when he came on.

LVG very much on borrowed time, as I said before I think it's all done and dusted that he's gone in summer and is only still in the job as he was deemed the least bad option til then, that was before Pep went to city though. If Mourinho is the choice (I disagree with this) I can't see why it's not being done already, so I would think he isn't.

Exactly. I'm a fan of football. Of course I hope Leicester smash Utd in May if things continue on the way they are right now.

Oh yeah, the Sunderland match thread, where I accurately assessed that both teams are fairly evenly matched, and was laughed and scorned at. I do remember! No magic lost here my friend, I just experience it in different ways.

I hope Leicester smash United.

Wait, I thought you were a United fan?

I don't support anyone.

Ok.

We shouldn't have sold Welbeck.

Wait, I thought you didn't support anyone?

I've supported United since I was a kid.

But you said you hope Leicester smash United.

Yeah, I don't support anyone.

Anyone watch Sunday supplement from start this morning? Bloody yoke started at 8. Did Sam wheeler have much to say on mourinho??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sitting here, waiting for some fresh stories leaked by Mendes :P

• Think I'm more annoyed today than I was yesterday. Gutted with the result even though when watching the second half in particular I was ready for Sunderlands winning goal to go in long before it happened. If that makes sense. I'm really starting to get used to the fact we have become so beatable.

Had a couple of pints last night with some of me m8s. Good few of them pool fans.

They didn't even slag me. Just said "meh you're ****e". Which I think hurt more! It's become acceptable that we are ****.

Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just watching some of those morning round ups on TV and there was a brief discussion that Pep, Jose or any other top manager would find it difficult to bring the club back to where it should be under the current structure/owners.

They were not absorbing LVG of blame at all, but they were saying that the entire set up at the club is wrong and a change of manager necessarily won't change a lot as some real problems exist elsewhere in the club.

Revenues will fall next year against expectations (which would include new TV money) and its going to be interesting to see what happens then in terms of squad improvement.

• Advertisement

just watching some of those morning round ups on TV and there was a brief discussion that Pep, Jose or any other top manager would find it difficult to bring the club back to where it should be under the current structure/owners.

They were not absorbing LVG of blame at all, but they were saying that the entire set up at the club is wrong and a change of manager necessarily won't change a lot as some real problems exist elsewhere in the club.

Revenues will fall next year against expectations (which would include new TV money) and its going to be interesting to see what happens then in terms of squad improvement.

See i dont get this crap about problems elsewhere in the club, there is two sides to a club you have the on pitch side and the off the field side.

The only person that can directly impact the team on field is the manager unless you have boardroom staff that gets involved.

Similarly lvg isn't responsible for any going bumper contracts or noodle suppliers that the chairman's fault.

All the board can do is pick a manager and back him with money and sack him when he dont perform. Now that last point about sacking him they have failed to do but that's not a structure deep rooted problem thats it a simple decision that Woodward and the owners are responsible for.

To not lay the blame on lvg for where we are now is wrong he haha the club playing **** they are all his players he bought the majority of them but he hasn't got a bloody notion how to build them into an effective team so to blame the board of Woodward for that is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What areas were they saying would hold a new manager back?

The funds made available have been huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

People on TV are generally not great when talking about actual football matches. When discussing club structures, revenues, debt etc. they are generally absolutely hilarious and not in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I should be waking up to news LVG sacking...

Moyse is some classy man fair play to him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement