Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

jayo26 wrote: »
    Moyse is some classy man fair play to him.

Yeah, interesting comment re Woodward. Reading between the lines I think he is saying I tried to buy loads of players but Ed couldn't get the deal done. He also says he couldn't take over until 1st July which slowed things down. That seems like rubbish to me though cos surely he could be working unofficially on identifying players.

Got the impression he feels Cesc led them on a bit too.

A class act he is, doesn't mean a good manager though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You only ever hear the bad stuff when a team is not doing well.

You would swear United were first team in history to have a tough few seasons.

We have still got lot great players, we have so much going for us behind the scenes, the youth setup is nowhere near as bad as Press want you to believe.

Stop listening to people that would make you lose your hair basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Moyse is some classy man fair play to him.

What's this?

Has he said something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You only ever hear the bad stuff when a team is not doing well.

You would swear United were first team in history to have a tough few seasons.

We have still got lot great players, we have so much going for us behind the scenes, the youth setup is nowhere near as bad as Press want you to believe.

Stop listening to people that would make you lose your hair basically.

Agree Kew there is alot more positive but until lvg is gone none of that matters because of how the team plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think some people revel in it tbh.

Yesterday was horrendous, but fit in quite well with the tone of the season, at least since December so not exactly surprising. At this stage, though the top four is obviously not gone it is realistically going to be incredibly tough to reach CL next year that way so **** the league, keep blooding the youngsters in that and get them experience, use the league games to try out new tactics in match situations etc and just go all out for the Europa.

Winning a trophy regardless cannot be understated how important that can be to a squad, especially one who does not have much experience anymore in winning things. It can provide a catalyst for future success and instill that winning mentality. It is going to be a big ask next year anyway now for CL football but I would just throw everything at the European games.

Van Gaal, who knows he is failing, is going to be there until the end of the season unless he walks, would also surely want to go out with a trophy to his name at least. I hope he is doing good work behind the scenes, and I can see positives to his reign as bad as things have got with the first team and the huge gamble he took regarding the squad size but ultimately he is failing at his number 1 task so seeing out his contract is hugely unlikely at this point. He should want to go balls out to leave with some semblance of pride and bring a trophy with him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What's this?

Has he said something ?

No not what he said pretty much what he didn't say.. He had a few opertunities to have a go at United this morning and he didn't even look as if he would go there. Just a classy guy to watch he was same on Claire balding show few weeks ago did a fun interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What's this?

Has he said something ?

He was on goals on Sunday. He definitely criticised Woodward in a round about way by emphasising how big a blow it was to the club to lose David Gill as he 'understood the football side of things'. Although I wouldn't pay too much attention to Moyes myself as he's been directing the blame away from himself ever since he was sacked.

Blatter wrote: »
    He was on goals on Sunday. He definitely criticised Woodward in a round about way by emphasising how big a blow it was to the club to lose David Gill as he 'understood the football side of things'. Although I wouldn't pay too much attention to Moyes myself as he's been directing the blame away from himself ever since he was sacked.

Why would he say its his fault sure he is a young manager looking for another good job he us not going to say yep I messed up the media I didn't handle the senior players properly blah blah. I haven't heard Rogers admit fault for Liverpool or mourinho with Chelsea.

Moyse does not have to admit fault he was given a 6 year deal and the club made the mistake in picking him. He did his best just wasn't good enough.

Why would he say its his fault sure he is a young manager looking for another good job he us not going to say yep I messed up the media I didn't handle the senior players properly blah blah. I haven't heard Rogers admit fault for Liverpool or mourinho with Chelsea.

Moyse does not have to admit fault he was given a 6 year deal and the club made the mistake in picking him. He did his best just wasn't good enough.

I never said he should. I was just pointing out that I wouldn't be too keen on using what he says as evidence to support certain theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'd love for us to get top four but as everyone has mentioned after wasting that opportunity yesterday it's highly unlikely.

Now LVG did state his goal or job was to get CL football, which to his credit was done last year, but with it looking increasingly like we won't I think it's safe to call this season a failure.

I imagine or reckon he will put almost all his attention on a Europa League run in order to get CL football and if he manages that probably step aside end of the season saying something along the lines of wanting to spend more time with his family but ultimately leaving with some silverware that he can use to try justify his reign as being a success.

If we fail to get CL from either winning Europa or a Top 4 (both tough and undesired options) then surely he will have to be shown the door for not meeting his expectations.

I don't see Pochettino taking over, why would he? He's got a great squad at Spurs who are challenging for the title and could well win it, champions league football for next season too. It would, and this pains me to say, be a drop in standard for him to leave Spurs for us, at this present time.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »

I don't see Pochettino taking over, why would he? He's got a great squad at Spurs who are challenging for the title and could well win it, champions league football for next season too. It would, and this pains me to say, be a drop in standard for him to leave Spurs for us, at this present time.

Most managers aren't going to be that short sighted. United's stature and resources are way ahead of Spurs, who are going to be hamstrung with stadium costs over the next few years. I'd be surprised if Pochettino would turn the United job down.

Most managers aren't going to be that short sighted. United's stature and resources are way ahead of Spurs, who are going to be hamstrung with stadium costs over the next few years. I'd be surprised if Pochettino would turn the United job down.

Well this is all speculation and assumption by both our parts but just like you would be surprised if Pochettino turned down the United job I also would be surprised if he left Spurs at this moment for us. If Pochettino was to take over I'd reckon next summer would be more likely than this one. But as stated this is just speculation and opinions by us. Nothing to back up either argument.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well this is all speculation and assumption by both our parts but just like you would be surprised if Pochettino turned down the United job I also would be surprised if he left Spurs at this moment for us. If Pochettino was to take over I'd reckon next summer would be more likely than this one. But as stated this is just speculation and opinions by us. Nothing to back up either argument.

Yeah I don't think anyone, even United, would expect him to leave Spurs now. I'd be shocked if he was to turn down the move in the Summer though.

I feel this is all moot anyhow as I suspect Mourinho will be the next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I know people dislike him for various reasons, all of which have been discussed to death on here but I think Mourinho is a no brainer for us. He has never worked at a club before where he has been given the level of control thst he would get at Utd. What happened at Chelsea was an anomaly in his otherwise glistening career.

If Jose is given the reins at Utd, with all the financial backing he could ever wish for, I cannot see him failing to deliver some silverware. He is a born winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Still can't get over how gutless that was yesterday.

Van Gaal's smokescreen of attacking the media for doing their job is now becoming embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Still can't get over how gutless that was yesterday.

Van Gaal's smokescreen of attacking the media for doing their job is now becoming embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Quandary wrote: »
    I know people dislike him for various reasons, all of which have been discussed to death on here but I think Mourinho is a no brainer for us. He has never worked at a club before where he has been given the level of control thst he would get at Utd. What happened at Chelsea was an anomaly in his otherwise glistening career.

If Jose is given the reins at Utd, with all the financial backing he could ever wish for, I cannot see him failing to deliver some silverware. He is a born winner.

Jose as manager and also appoint a director of Football instead of Ed,

Leave Ed bring in the sponsors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gonna forget about Utd for the day and watch the Arsenal/Leicester and City/Spurs games and enjoy them.

adox wrote: »
    Gonna forget about Utd for the day and watch the Arsenal/Leicester and City/Spurs games and enjoy them.

You can't because if results go right way you be thinking we should be only 4 or 5 points off them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Danny Drinkwater is a real old school CM

You can't because if results go right way you be thinking we should be only 4 or 5 points off them :)

Ha yeah maybe. Will be cheering for Leicester and Spurs anyway, no matter how that affects the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Kante is some player. Great engine - box to box. Can pass and likes a tackle. Would take him in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

Quandary wrote: »

You need a different type coach then Mourinho, Its all about Mourinho, He blames everyone but himself, Every other week it was all about Mourinho and his antics, Just get a quite coach who can work with the team using a different approach and who has an expiry date that last longer then 2 seasons. It will take time, loads of it, Utd cannot buy a premier leauge winning team, period.

Unreal, even draw is still great result for Lecister.

Huge 45 minutes coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given our next match is against Arsenal, the next 45 minutes are huge for both Arsenal and United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I hope Leicester smash United.

Wait, I thought you were a United fan?

I don't support anyone.

Ok.

We shouldn't have sold Welbeck.

Wait, I thought you didn't support anyone?

I've supported United since I was a kid.

But you said you hope Leicester smash United.

Yeah, I don't support anyone.
    That kind of bitterness and obsession is why I'm glad I'm not a fan of any one team.

You should also invest in a dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We have nothing to play for really, we'll eventually get knocked out of the cups and this season will fizzle out like a lot knew was coming, it's just a matter of when Van Gaal gets sacked now

My position from here out is C'mon Leicester

This time last year after 26 games we had 47 points and 13 points off the top.
    If Leicester hold on we will have after 26 games this season, 41 points and 15 points off the top.

That said, after 26 games last season, Leicester were bottom of the league on 18 points and adrift as the nearest team to them had 22 points.

In the final 12 games last season, Leicester earned an additional 23 points to finish on 41 points.
    United for the same period also earned 23 points to finish on 70 points.

Arsenal got 27 points for same period
    Spurs got 20 points.
    City got 24 points.

So if similar this season, it wouldn't make you optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Canadel wrote: »
    That kind of bitterness and obsession is why I'm glad I'm not a fan of any one team.

You should also invest in a dictionary.

What have I to be bitter about? We support the same team or you don't support any team, I still haven't deciphered that one yet.
    People that come in here under false pretences, trying to throw a cat among the pigeons with incessant drivel that skirts the rules, such as those Danny Welbeck comments or saying Borthwick-Jackson is outgrowing the club really need to be highlighted.

Hope the wording is up to your impeccable standard this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Football is a short sighted business. What's the average reign of a manager in the PL?

Spurs will be more attractive for new recruits next year due to CL football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

weisses wrote: »
    You need a different type coach then Mourinho, Its all about Mourinho, He blames everyone but himself, Every other week it was all about Mourinho and his antics, Just get a quite coach who can work with the team using a different approach and who has an expiry date that last longer then 2 seasons. It will take time, loads of it, Utd cannot buy a premier leauge winning team, period.

Look at City. They kept throwing money at the problem until they won their first title. They bought their way out of mid table mediocrity. All of a sudden they are taken seriously by everyone, and rightly so. Sure they bought their way to the top but they are now doing all the right things to stay there long term.

Utd can afford to spend more then pretty much any other team in the league, and more than almost any other team in the world thanks to the commercial side of the club.

Mourinho has the track record to get them back to the top and if he is hired I believe he will have Utd challenging for the league very quickly. The man has an ego the size of an island but so did Fergie, and he did alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm done with football.

Welbeck...

Welbeck still fcuking things up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh jesus, here we go....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Im in an even worse mood now ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Welbeck!!!!!

Get fcuking in!!!!!

Oh wait wrong year. And team.

Welbeck still fcuking things up

:pac: :pac:

All aside delighted for Welbeck, but gutted for Lecister.

Utd, Ireland and now Leicester.

The weekend that keeps giving.

How come that result has me more annoyed that Van Gaal is still in charge?

Yeah delighted for Welbeck. Always thought he was undervalued at Utd.

• Advertisement

Football is a short sighted business. What's the average reign of a manager in the PL?

Spurs will be more attractive for new recruits next year due to CL football.

Like Liverpool were in the Summer of 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This weekend can only be saved if pool lose to villa.
    Other than that its a complete write-off which I want to forget.

I'm a fan of Welbeck but please, for all our sanity can we not start the debate about him here again :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can this weekend get any worse :(:(

Probably can if Pool win and the either city or spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Hopefully Spurs can beat city, that should brighten up your weekend a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is there a risk that a future manager might be nervous given that LvG has failed despite being given a huge budget ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

that felt like a punch to the stomach seeing welbeck score. was always a fan of his. makes me dislike van gaal even more

bangkok wrote: »
    that felt like a punch to the stomach seeing welbeck score. was always a fan of his. makes me dislike van gaal even more

giphy.gif

Discodog wrote: »
    Is there a risk that a future manager might be nervous given that LvG has failed despite being given a huge budget ?

Mourinho loves a challenge, you're thinking of Pep

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »

Well you see, given a huge budget usually implies you add to an existing squad and strengthen it. Van Gaal decided to kind of more or less replace it. In fact he didn't even do that, despite all the money. He actually ended up with a smaller squad.

He signed his own death warrant at Utd last summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement