Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

just want this season to be over now and van gaal gone. its actually depressing supporting and watching united this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Well this weekend will be a hard one to forget. Time to log off for the day. :(

just imagine a 95th min welbeck winner next weekend!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City to win and round off the weekend

I blame Van Gaal for everything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

bangkok wrote: »

I'd rather not, I'd say this thread would implode.

• Advertisement

ferdinand not happy either...

"Welbeck........i aint even going to start.....happy for Welbz but how @manutd let him go"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ferdinand not happy either...

"Welbeck........i aint even going to start.....happy for Welbz but how @manutd let him go"

Jesus he score's one goal and Rio is knee jerking

hes right though, was a crazy decision to sell him

These comments only seem to pop up the rare time Welbeck actually scores a goal. I find it bizarre

He is continuing on his 1 in 4 goal scoring rate at Arsenal that he had at United and he's 26 this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Poor Brucie and Hull if it comes too that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

hes right though, was a crazy decision to sell him

Not for 16m it wasn't.

Hernandez Nani and RVP for pittance on the other hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

It's not knee-jerk when people keep saying it, and when the player himself keeps reminding everyone that he's easily good enough to play for Man Utd.

The two most successful managers in Premier League history have had faith in Welbeck and have seen him as an integral part of their sides. As has the English international manager. I'd trust their knowledge of players and of the the game more than posters on here, or the majority of football fans.

These comments only seem to pop up the rare time Welbeck actually scores a goal. I find it bizarre

He is continuing on his 1 in 4 goal scoring rate at Arsenal that he had at United and he's 26 this year

he is a good player though and played most of his games on the left. he was our quickest player and always threatened and stretched the opposition. he always gave 100% to the team. look what depay offers, he is a disgrace to the united shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So, with the weekends results I predict Oranagagae2 to post at some point in the early hours of the morning to tell us how shyte we are.

Canadel will break out his Danny Wellbeck inflatable love doll and try to convince us that Danny should not have been sold because he is the best striker in the league.

I'm also pretty sure bangkok is trying to think of a way to blame Fellaini for yesterday's result too.

Think it's time to take a couple of days out from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It makes no difference that Welbeck scored, that goal was coming for Arsenal. It only seems worse because it is Welbeck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Canadel wrote: »
    It's not knee-jerk when people keep saying it, and when the player himself keeps reminding everyone that he's easily good enough to play for Man Utd.

The two most successful managers in Premier League history have had faith in Welbeck and have seen him as an integral part of their sides. As has the English international manager. I'd trust their knowledge of players and of the the game more than posters on here, or the majority of football fans.

8 goals in 27 appearance for arsenal really does make it look like he is a top class player alright.

Welbeck is inconsistent always has been and always will be. Fergie had fait in Welbeck to do a high energy job on the wing or deeper but. He never had fait in him to play him leading the line in a massive game.

You talk him up as he is a 1 on 2 striker he will never be that.

he is a good player though and played most of his games on the left. he was our quickest player and always threatened and stretched the opposition. he always gave 100% to the team. look what depay offers, he is a disgrace to the united shirt

He's a good-ish player, it's not hard to buy a better player than Danny Welbeck. I have no problem with the club trying to upgrade on players, sure it hasn't worked out so far with Depay, if Mourinho comes in I'm sure a wide player will be on his list and I'm sure he'll be better than Welbeck.

Martial is almost 6 years younger and is already a better player for me, if Arsenal had Martial and we had Welbeck I'd be extremely envious.

There are plenty of sticks to beat Van Gaal with selling Welbeck isn't one, selling Hernandez, Nani and Rafael on the other hand when we could really use all 3 now is another story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RobertKK wrote: »
    It makes no difference that Welbeck scored, that goal was coming for Arsenal. It only seems worse because it is Welbeck.

Its a nothing result to us after yesterday's dross anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We will go into the arsenal game in 7th place If west ham and Southampton both pick up a point each in their games.Watford beating Bournemouth puts them 2 behind us.

Lose to Arsenal and Liverpool are only 3 behind us with a game in hand. Watford will then be coming to old Trafford knowing a win puts them above us into 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Yesterday's result really was vomit inducing and watching what's happening today just drives it home even more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Well this is wonderful.

What score will Vila beat us in a few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I hate soccer, brutal weekend.

Its their year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I actually don't understand what the club is doing at all with regards LVG... how he is still there is amazing. Must be the only precieved top club who would let him there ... imagine if this was Barca, Real, Bayern, City etc..... he would have been gone months ago.

If they miss out on Pep, Ancelotti and Jose in order to continue with this ****e then I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Wellbeck played in from the left at United.

Martial or Wellbeck a real tough decision alright.

Welbeck not good enough for United apparently but good enough for an arsenal team that are miles better than us..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Just curious, who do you think is our player of the season so far?

There really isn't anyone that sticks out by a country mile but it would probably be between De Gea and Martial for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Smalling is in with a shout too.

I'd give it to De Gea. He's been consistently brilliant for the last few seasons. Deserves better in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Now for City too win,in what would cap of a wonderful weekend of sport for us all.

So, with the weekends results I predict Oranagagae2 to post at some point in the early hours of the morning to tell us how shyte we are.

Canadel will break out his Danny Wellbeck inflatable love doll and try to convince us that Danny should not have been sold because he is the best striker in the league.

I'm also pretty sure bangkok is trying to think of a way to blame Fellaini for yesterday's result too.

Think it's time to take a couple of days out from here.

well no as he wasnt playing but he is one of the reasons we are where we are

Welbeck not good enough for United apparently but good enough for an arsenal team that are miles better than us..... :rolleyes:

Welbeck was sitting on the bench for Arsenal and then was injured for months. He came on off the bench today.

What exactly are you basing he is good enough for Arsenal from, because he came off the bench and scored.

Wellbeck plays from the left or up front, is he better than Martial or Rooney i wouldn't think so, so at United just like at Arsenal he would be sitting on the bench.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Welbeck was sitting on the bench for Arsenal and then was injured for months. He came on off the bench today.

What exactly are you basing he is good enough for Arsenal from, because he came off the bench and scored.

Wellbeck plays from the left or up front, is he better than Martial or Rooney i wouldn't think so, so at United just like at Arsenal he would be sitting on the bench.

he was very good for them last season, played 34 games for them, ask any arsenal supporter they are extremely happy with him.

he would walk onto our team now, better than Lingard, Depay, Mata and would have been better than rooney was before christmas

he was very good for them last season, played 34 games for them, ask any arsenal supporter they are extremely happy with him.

he would walk onto our team now, better than Lingard, Depay, Mata and would have been better than rooney was before christmas

Lingard and Mata play from the right and Depay is a sub why are you mentioning them. Wellbeck was injured before christmas so again i don't know why you mentioned that.

Wellbeck plays in Martial or Rooney's place, so do you think Wellbeck would walk into the side instead of either of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Welbeck doesn't feature in Arsenal's best 11. He wouldn't feature in United's either.
    The lamenting is laughable, he stuck his head on a cross today and all of a sudden he's the answer to our prayers. Would he have the composure to take the chance Martial had yesterday? Probably not.
    He's a bench player at a big club or a starter at a smaller club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Welbeck doesn't feature in Arsenal's best 11. He wouldn't feature in United's either.
    The lamenting is laughable, he stuck his head on a cross today and all of a sudden he's the answer to our prayers. Would he have the composure to take the chance Martial had yesterday? Probably not.

I agree - but our bench striker/forward is Will Keane. I'd prefer Welbeck.

The issue, imo, isn't the sale of Welbeck. Its the sale of Evans, Nani, Di Maria, RVP, Hernandez and RVP; with a lack of replacements coming in for those players.

Welbeck is another example of LVGs terrible squad management - which is partially why we are struggling so badly. Lack of options, lack of competition.

Id be crying over the sale of Chicharito before id ever worry about wellbeck.

Lingard and Mata play from the right and Depay is a sub why are you mentioning them. Wellbeck was injured before christmas so again i don't know why you mentioned that.

Wellbeck plays in Martial or Rooney's place, so do you think Wellbeck would walk into the side instead of either of those.

he can play just off striker as well. he also has played on the right and is a much better option than we have at the moment

I agree - but our bench striker/forward is Will Keane. I'd prefer Welbeck.

The issue, imo, isn't the sale of Welbeck. Its the sale of Evans, Nani, Di Maria, RVP, Hernandez and RVP; with a lack of replacements coming in for those players.

Welbeck is another example of LVGs terrible squad management - which is partially why we are struggling so badly. Lack of options, lack of competition.

Yeah, he would be grand to have available but at the time he was sold we had Rooney, RvP and Falcao. It didn't look so bad then, it's the start of this season that the real mistakes were made.
    Can you imagine if the Martial deal had hit a snag at the last minute?

• Advertisement

he played 34 times for them last season.

he also was a first team starter for united in the previous 3 seasons before he was sold to arsenal so to say he is a bench player of a big club is simply not true.

a regular england starter as well

he played 34 times for them last season.

he also was a first team starter for united in the previous 3 seasons before he was sold to arsenal so to say he is a bench player of a big club is simply not true.

a regular england starter as well

How many starts? How many of those games were Giroud or Walcott unavailable for?
    Everyone fit and he doesn't start. I don't think you'll find many Arsenal fans that would pick him in their best 11.

he can play just off striker as well. he also has played on the right and is a much better option than we have at the moment

Rooney can play in cm and left wing it doesn't mean it's where his best position is.

Stop trying to move the goalposts like you always do.

You said he would walk into the United team and when asked who he would replace you start mentioning positions he doesn't play in.

How many starts? How many of those games were Giroud or Walcott unavailable for?
    Everyone fit and he doesn't start. I don't think you'll find many Arsenal fans that would pick him in their best 11.

walcott is not even a starter at the moment. Joel Campbell was keeping him out of the team and now oxlade chamberlain is. When welbeck is 100% fit he will be a starter

Rooney can play in cm and left wing it doesn't mean it's where his best position is.

Stop trying to move the goalposts like you always do.

You said he would walk into the United team and when asked who he would replace you start mentioning positions he doesn't play in.

ok then, you said mata and lingard play from the right, martial from the left and rooney up top. so who plays no 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id be crying over the sale of Chicharito before id ever worry about wellbeck.

Wonder has Rio ever tweeted anything about him?

Mata is apparently the latest player to be linked with a move to China

27 starts

ok then, you said mata and lingard play from the right, martial from the left and rooney up top. so who plays no 10?

Herrera who is far better technically and a better finisher.

Herrera who is far better technically and a better finisher.

who cant even get a game and looks very unhappy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-star-marouane-fellaini-7367365

looks like this is the reason fellaini was dropped from the squad yesterday....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement