Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

bangkok wrote: »
    who cant even get a game and looks very unhappy?

I wouldn't be using Van Gaal's tea selection to back up my point he is clueless.
    Herrera is too creative to suit his team.

The best football we play is with him on the field.

Also on Herrera being unhappy do you ever see him celebrating goals from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

who cant even get a game and looks very unhappy?

Something tells me quite a few of the players are likely to be unhappy under LVG, and not just the ones who aren't starting games either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-star-marouane-fellaini-7367365

looks like this is the reason fellaini was dropped from the squad yesterday....

To you it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    To you it does.

lol so it is ok to be in a bar at 4am during the week having a fight when you are playing a massive game on saturday morning and then your manager says you are not in the squad because you are not injured but "tired". please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Herrera who is far better technically and a better finisher.
    Now that is laughable. The only thing Herrera has proven is that he can't cut it at Utd. Kagawa part II.

Fellani and past its like Carrick and Schweinsteiger keep him out of the team, and don't even try to say he doesn't play in their positions.

lol so it is ok to be in a bar at 4am during the week having a fight when you are playing a massive game on saturday morning and then your manager says you are not in the squad because you are not injured but "tired". please

Yes because that's what I said and that's what the article said. :rolleyes:

Tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Do you think the manager waits til an hour before the game to tell the players who's in the squad?

Do you think the manager waits til an hour before the game to tell the players who's in the squad?

of course not, he probably knew fellaini was in a bar fight and told him he wouldnt be involved on saturday as punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Well that Fell story makes more sense why he wasn't playing yesterday then LvG reasoning.

Fell has 15 PL appearances 5 subbed on and 5 subbed off... Tired my hole, LvG caught wind that he was out in London at 4am.

• Advertisement

of course not, he probably knew fellaini was in a bar fight and told him he wouldnt be involved on saturday as punishment

Or he told him he was off for the weekend and do whatever he wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching the City/Spurs game, that is the sort of intensity/aggression United need to play with.
    A bit more urgency in the play needed.

City losing was the only bright spot this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Spurs about to win.

Only 6 points behind City.....

yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LVG is now 10 points off the 3rd place target he was set by Woodward.

My prediction of City winning the league looking very dodgy although I'm not writing them off yet.

Delighted for Spurs. A huge helping hand with the peno that should never have been but that second goal was a thing of beauty. They look to have a real steel about them. Would love to see them or Leicester go on and win it, although they are the more likely of the two.

• Advertisement

Remaining fixtures:

Arsenal
    Watford
    West Brom
    C.Palace
    Man City
    Everton
    Spurs
    Aston Villa
    West Ham
    Leceister
    Norwich
    Bournemouth

We are going to need some luck if we are gonna get into top 4. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-star-marouane-fellaini-7367365

looks like this is the reason fellaini was dropped from the squad yesterday....

He cant even go for a drink now without having bangkok in the nighclub assaulting him.

I hate to do this but the i'm more afraid of dropping lower in the table than climbing up. West Ham, Southampton and Liverpool are right on our tails and could easily overtake us with another slip up in results.

Moyes was given the boot out when he was in 6th or 7th around April if i recall correctly. I can see a similar scenario happening with LVG :o

CbMbT5RXIAAwhOh.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I hate to do this but the i'm more afraid of dropping lower in the table than climbing up. West Ham, Southampton and Liverpool are right on our tails and could easily overtake us with another slip up in results.

Moyes was given the boot out when he was in 6th or 7th around April if i recall correctly. I can see a similar scenario happening with LVG :o

CbMbT5RXIAAwhOh.png

Just as long as we finish ahead of Liverpool I'll be happy

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Getting a bit of verbal from 3 numpties in a club is now considered a bar fight??

You must live an awfully sheltered life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Frustrating that as bad as United have been, they could still be there or there abouts with City were it not for so many dropped points late on (Newcastle, Chelsea, Sunderland, Southampton etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

walcott is not even a starter at the moment. Joel Campbell was keeping him out of the team and now oxlade chamberlain is. When welbeck is 100% fit he will be a starter

If by "starter" you mean first choice, then no, he won't. He'll be an important squad player, who'll get plenty of games, but he won't be first choice. Just like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Remaining fixtures:

Arsenal
    Watford
    West Brom
    C.Palace
    Man City
    Everton
    Spurs
    Aston Villa
    West Ham
    Leceister
    Norwich
    Bournemouth

We are going to need some luck if we are gonna get into top 4. :(:(

I could see us losing 5 or 6 of those games the way we are playing
    Arsenal
    City
    Everton
    Spurs
    Hammers
    Leicester

All very loseable games at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Frustrating that as bad as United have been, they could still be there or there abouts with City were it not for so many dropped points late on (Newcastle, Chelsea, Sunderland, Southampton etc.)

That's a futile argument tbf, any team in the league could make the same argument.

Yesterdays result was like a dagger to the heart. If we'd won, much and all as terrible as we've been, we could still be in with a chance of 4th. As it was we lost to a hapless Sunderland, encapsulating what has been a thoroughly grim season.

The clubs legacy was hurt by the early sacking of Moyes and so I can understand the hesitancy on the part of the board in sacking Van Gaal. The reality is that Ferguson was a peerless phenomenon, totally at odds with the management cycles of today, typically 3-4 years maximum.

The Van Gaal project was great in theory but it hasn't worked. To tell you the truth I'm not altogether sure if sacking him now will cause a turnaround capable of getting top four. Unless LVG is a complete authoritarian, which I think he isn't, Giggs is degenerated by extension.

Mourinho is unpalatable to many, me included, but the reality is that we are 6 points behind City with 12 games to play. Given what I said earlier about the typical management cycle these days lasting 3-4 years it's time to be ruthless and bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United have similar form to City for the last 6 games, but City have now lost two games in a row.
    But both teams have won 2, drew 2 and lost 2 which is the same as Sunderland, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Aston Villa and Swansea.

Southampton are the most in form team 5 wins in 6 and 1 draw.
    Then Spurs with 5 wins and 1 loss.

I don't think City are much better than us. But we need a big change in form for a top 4.

Pro. F wrote: »
    If by "starter" you mean first choice, then no, he won't. He'll be an important squad player, who'll get plenty of games, but he won't be first choice. Just like last season.

27 starts last season and when he gets fit will be a starter this season and will be a very important player for them in the title run in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Aidric wrote: »
    That's a futile argument tbf, any team in the league could make the same argument.

Yesterdays result was like a dagger to the heart. If we'd won, much and all as terrible as we've been, we could still be in with a chance of 4th. As it was we lost to a hapless Sunderland, encapsulating what has been a thoroughly grim season.

The clubs legacy was hurt by the early sacking of Moyes and so I can understand the hesitancy on the part of the board in sacking Van Gaal. The reality is that Ferguson was a peerless phenomenon, totally at odds with the management cycles of today, typically 3-4 years maximum.

The Van Gaal project was great in theory but it hasn't worked. To tell you the truth I'm not altogether sure if sacking him now will cause a turnaround capable of getting top four. Unless LVG is a complete authoritarian, which I think he isn't, Giggs is degenerated by extension.

Mourinho is unpalatable to many, me included, but the reality is that we are 6 points behind City with 12 games to play. Given what I said earlier about the typical management cycle these days lasting 3-4 years it's time to be ruthless and bite the bullet.

Dismiss my point as futile and claim it could be applied to any team in the league before going on to make more or less the same point yourself. Good man.

27 starts last season and when he gets fit will be a starter this season and will be a very important player for them in the title run in

He started over 20 of them games as the main striker and managed to score 8 goals come on thats not great at all that's 1 in 4 at best and we got 16 million for him. No point in blowing him up to something he isn't.

Edit: and 3 of them came in a game against galatasary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Wellbeck was always good enough to stay with utd. Don't think he'd ever be a first 11 player but would be a good squad player

jayo26 wrote: »
    He started over 20 of them games as the main striker and managed to score 8 goals come on thats not great at all that's 1 in 4 at best and we got 16 million for him. No point in blowing him up to something he isn't.

Edit: and 3 of them came in a game against galatasary

Started 20 games up front and scored 8, that's nearly 1in 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Wellbeck was always good enough to stay with utd. Don't think he'd ever be a first 11 player but would be a good squad player

Like Hernandez, Welbeck did not want to remain at United as a squad player. They both wanted to be the main man. Hernandez dropped a level and is scoring freely in a weaker league. Welbeck has been no better at Arsenal than he was at United. Today was his first game since April 2015? He rarely played more than a few minutes for Arsenal after Sept-Dec 2014.

Getting 16 million for him was very good business for United. Apart from the obvious income, Arsenal might have spent that money on a more threatening player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

LVG spouted out some nonsense about having only two top strikers, as a sign of confidence in them. Wasn't too long ago too when he said it

Started 20 games up front and scored 8, that's nearly 1in 2.

He didn't score the 8 goals, when he played up top he scored 5 and of which 3 was a hatrick against galatasary so in 20 games up front he scored in 3 games. Yikes.

Sand wrote: »
    Like Hernandez, Welbeck did not want to remain at United as a squad player. They both wanted to be the main man. Hernandez dropped a level and is scoring freely in a weaker league. Welbeck has been no better at Arsenal than he was at United. Today was his first game since April 2015? He rarely played more than a few minutes for Arsenal after Sept-Dec 2014.

Getting 16 million for him was very good business for United. Apart from the obvious income, Arsenal might have spent that money on a more threatening player.

Eh because he was injured. Thats like saying Southampton were right in selling Luke shaw as he hasn't played since October 2015!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/VRodriguezlaw/status/698876242431451136

Farcical if true,LVG is a lame duck.Giggs has been part of 2 failed management regimes yet seems as if he's teflon coated and is giving the impression he wants the job by default instead of any proof he is up to it.
    Jose is available,has always let it known he wants to manage United yet somehow we stick with a failing manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/VRodriguezlaw/status/698876242431451136

Farcical if true,LVG is a lame duck.Giggs has been part of 2 failed management regimes yet seems as if he's teflon coated and is giving the impression he wants the job by default instead of any proof he is up to it.
    Jose is available,has always let it known he wants to manage United yet somehow we stick with a failing manager.

He's pretty close to Mendes. Think Mendes is pulling his media strings to get United to pull the finger out. Well I hope thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He looks like he's photoshopped himself into his Twitter pic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »

Seems a retread of the Castles story. Given BBC, DiMarzio and a lot of credible sources are saying talks are well underway/nearly completed, I'm not worrying. At this stage, it's like Pep to City; the worst kept secret in football.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems a retread of the Castles story. Given BBC, DiMarzio and a lot of credible sources are saying talks are well underway/nearly completed, I'm not worrying. At this stage, it's like Pep to City; the worst kept secret in football.

Can always count on TSC to make me sleep better thanks dude :)

• Advertisement

Off topic but Barca are taking the piss in their match. Worth watching the highlights.

Messi and Suarez did a Henry/Pires penalty, successfully.

https://twitter.com/FutbolSergi/status/698977397417381893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

TSC when he hears we let Mourinho slip through our fingers and sign Giggs to a 20 year contract

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Best half of football I think I've ever seen in my life here on sky sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Just as long as we finish ahead of Liverpool I'll be happy

LMFAO

1st its we will win the league

Then, we will make top four

now, hope we finish ahead of Liverpool

next, hope we finish ahead of Chelsea

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

J. Marston wrote: »
    Off topic but Barca are taking the piss in their match. Worth watching the highlights.

Messi and Suarez did a Henry/Pires penalty, successfully.

https://twitter.com/FutbolSergi/status/698977397417381893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

You mean a Cruyff/Olsen penalty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Best half of football I think I've ever seen in my life here on sky sports 1

I just saw the last 15 minutes,

Them lads are on a different planet

• Advertisement

It is absolutely crazy how far Barcelona have come now.

Videos of their attacks/goals on here are equivalent to those Kate Upton gifs we used to post here when we signed a player. :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We would not even beat Celta

It is absolutely crazy how far Barcelona have come now.

Videos of their attacks/goals on here are equivalent to those Kate Upton gifs we used to post here when we signed a player. :P:P

Neymar > Kate Upton...

https://vine.co/v/inYjdihvTVr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

J. Marston wrote: »
    Neymar > Kate Upton...

https://vine.co/v/inYjdihvTVr

And he's prob the "worst" of the three... its insane what they have there. Greatest attacking lineup in history.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement