Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    And he's prob the "worst" of the three... its insane what they have there. Greatest attacking lineup in history.

Neymar is only behind Messi in world football for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Neymar is only behind Messi in world football for me.

I'd have Suarez just ahead of Neymar but the three of them are just ridiculously good. The only player we have that even resembles that brilliance is Martial. It's sad that we are so far away from competing with Barcelona. It's embarrassing how far we have dropped off the top and unacceptable that Woodward and the board are prolonging this mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Did ye forget about ronaldo?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Videos of their attacks/goals on here are equivalent to those Kate Upton gifs we used to post here when we signed a player.

I miss Kate Upton gifs

bangkok wrote:
    Did ye forget about Fellaini!

Fyp there Bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone recommend me a good man united podcast ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Is there any genuine chance LVG will be sacked this week , or have people given up even hoping ?

Just sack him and let Giggs have a go on a temporary basis. It just couldn't be any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is there any genuine chance LVG will be sacked this week , or have people given up even hoping ?

Just sack him and let Giggs have a go on a temporary basis. It just couldn't be any worse.

Some news on that.I know it's the Sun but anything at this stage.
    Jose Mourinho could take over Manchester United this month as board lose faith in Louis van Gaal

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6931388/Jose-Mourinho-could-take-over-Manchester-United-this-month-as-board-lose-faith-in-Louis-van-Gaal.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bangkok wrote: »
    Did ye forget about ronaldo?!

He's not even top 3 anymore.

1. Messi.

2/3. Suarez/Neymar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

brinty wrote: »
    I miss Kate Upton gifs

Are you thinking what i'm thinking.....:P:pac::P:pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Well I said it two years ago and I guess I was right, lvg isn't the right man for United, smelling isn't the best defender in the universe and United have a lot of work to do to even get into the top 4, never mind winning it like most of you fans thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

nearly 3 out of 3 for Business Cat :D
    So, with the weekends results I predict Oranagagae2 to post at some point in the early hours of the morning to tell us how shyte we are.

Canadel will break out his Danny Wellbeck inflatable love doll and try to convince us that Danny should not have been sold because he is the best striker in the league.

I'm also pretty sure bangkok is trying to think of a way to blame Fellaini for yesterday's result too.

Think it's time to take a couple of days out from here.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Well I said it two years ago and I guess I was right, lvg isn't the right man for United, smelling isn't the best defender in the universe and United have a lot of work to do to even get into the top 4, never mind winning it like most of you fans thought!
    Canadel wrote: »
    It's not knee-jerk when people keep saying it, and when the player himself keeps reminding everyone that he's easily good enough to play for Man Utd.

The two most successful managers in Premier League history have had faith in Welbeck and have seen him as an integral part of their sides. As has the English international manager. I'd trust their knowledge of players and of the the game more than posters on here, or the majority of football fans.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-star-marouane-fellaini-7367365

looks like this is the reason fellaini was dropped from the squad yesterday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fair play to ya you have realy earned it

65pymv.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »

Haha well put together man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

astradave wrote: »

Might be wrong but pretty sure one or two of those were posted before the "prediction".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd tend to believe the Mourinho not happy rumours at this stage, hard to tell what is really going on

Nightmare if we miss out on him, Pochettino is a big risk and I doubt he would topple Pep in the short term so we will have to be patient for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Anyone recommend me a good man united podcast ?

United rantcast is top notch. One of the best football podcasts IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just after seeing that the last time we got back too back wins in the league was all the way back in November and that was courtesy of a Deeney own goal. 3 whole months.What a depressing statistic. It's unbelievable and really baffling how bad this club is been run at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

27 starts last season and when he gets fit will be a starter this season and will be a very important player for them in the title run in

I don't know why you think having 27 starts proves that Welbeck was first choice. Maybe you don't understand what "first choice" means, or maybe you don't understand what "27 starts" means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Who thought that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I think it's most likely that he is in situ until CL is mathematically impossible.

One would have to think there is a get out clause for United if he fails to do this.

I'm not even that pissed off about Saturday.

When watching it I had an expectation that we would make a balls of it.

There really is no time for fckuing around anymore.

The Scouse will only get better with Klopp in charge, Chelsea will likely park a wheelbarrow full of cash between Alegri and Simeone, City have Pep, the Arse have the Arse, Poch is doing great things with Spurs, if we end up with Giggs in charge then I may well lose the will to live.

We gave the nice guy manager a go and it was a disaster.

We gave the bristly stubborn manager a go and its proven to be a disaster.

I couldn't give two shiny shytes what "baggage" Jose brings, i want him as our next manager.

He should have gotten it when Fergie left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think it's most likely that he is in situ until CL is mathematically impossible.

If thats actually true then you really would have to say that the board doesn't know anything about football. If I was in a car hurtling directly at a tree I wouldn't wait until I hit it before trying to swerve aside or hit the brakes.

Sitting on their hands in relation to Van Gaal has already cost us this season when many of us could see months ago that he was a busted flush, the absolute worst thing to do was wait and see, they needed to be proactive and make the change at a time when a new manager could easily have rescued the season. We did not need to wait until things were mathematically impossible.

The worst thing is that this isn't the first time, they dithered for far too long on Moyes as well. Beware those who don't learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, like many I'm not even that upset by the result, it isn't like we couldn't see it coming. This isn't some bolt from the blue, its the norm, its what we have been served up for the past 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If thats actually true then you really would have to say that the board doesn't know anything about football. If I was in a car hurtling directly at a tree I wouldn't wait until I hit it before trying to swerve aside or hit the brakes.

Sitting on their hands in relation to Van Gaal has already cost us this season when many of us could see months ago that he was a busted flush, the absolute worst thing to do was wait and see, they needed to be proactive and make the change at a time when a new manager could easily have rescued the season. We did not need to wait until things were mathematically impossible.

The worst thing is that this isn't the first time, they dithered for far too long on Moyes as well. Beware those who don't learn from their mistakes.

Anyway, like many I'm not even that upset by the result, it isn't like we couldn't see it coming. This isn't some bolt from the blue, its the norm, its what we have been served up for the past 18 months.

I agree completely, he should have been shown the door in December.

What's worrying me is that the EL is still an avenue to the CL, its not beyond the realms of possibility that as long as we are in that then he will hold his job.

As has been said by others, he hadn't been sacked before Saturday so it was a moot result.

Lads think its obvious to a blind man LVG is gone at the end of this season no matter what.
    Moyes was sacked once it wasn't possible we could qualify for the UCL. The same will happen with LVG. They didn't sack Moyes as it saved them a bit of money, same applies to Van Gaal. I'm sure all these supposed talks with Jose have been done about targets he wants so Ed can go out and get in the required signatures before the Euro's start.
    Maybe I'm just deluding myself though!!

Lads think its obvious to a blind man LVG is gone at the end of this season no matter what.
    Moyes was sacked once it wasn't possible we could qualify for the UCL. The same will happen with LVG. They didn't sack Moyes as it saved them a bit of money, same applies to Van Gaal. I'm sure all these supposed talks with Jose have been done about targets he wants so Ed can go out and get in the required signatures before the Euro's start.
    Maybe I'm just deluding myself though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

brinty wrote: »
    They didn't sack Moyes as it saved them a bit of money, same applies to Van Gaal.

The logic for that doesn't hold up, the club will lose more money by waiting until failure is official than they would have by sacking Van Gaal back in November and letting a new manager get the club into the CL.

Would the Van Gaal pay off have exceeded the revenue from qualifying for the CL? I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

fyuzvarorqvsmuifvian.jpg

The logic for that doesn't hold up, the club will lose more money by waiting until failure is official than they would have by sacking Van Gaal back in November and letting a new manager get the club into the CL.

Would the Van Gaal pay off have exceeded the revenue from qualifying for the CL? I doubt it.

Fair point

Sometimes its short term pain (pay off LVG now) for longer term gain (Jose for a few months to properly plan for 2016/17, better quality players identified and signed, no loss of income from European competition, sponsorship, Adidas etc)

We fcuked up when Fergie left. The football guys (Fergie and Charlton) got it wrong when appointing Moyes. The "whoever knows how he got the job boys" got it wrong appointing LVG...

We're back to where we were 3 years ago and the name that should've replaced Ferhie, the man with the ego who could've replaced Fergie, they guy who could've brought in a couple of trophies in that 3 year period is still available and we're sitting on our hands...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Looking at the table the board should be more concerned with Europa League qualification than CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

You also recently posted many times arguing in defence of Adam Johnson :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, seriously, why reply? No one reports, everyone gives attention he craves. Report and move on.

Anyway, Oranage2 is gone for 1 month now anyway so can't defend himself, so please let's move on :)

EDIT: Quick clarification; miscounted cards under the totting up, so it's not a ban, but the message still holds. Report and move on. Oranage2, as per the PM, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on your posts going forward, and this is a final warning.

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't know why you think having 27 starts proves that Welbeck was first choice. Maybe you don't understand what "first choice" means, or maybe you don't understand what "27 starts" means.

are you arsene wenger? How do you know he is not first choice? When everyone is fit and available he will start in place of either Walcott, Ox or Campbell who have all played when welbeck was injured

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's not even top 3 anymore.

1. Messi.

2/3. Suarez/Neymar

in your opinion, but in the majority of opinions he is, only 2nd behind messi in the ballon dor 1 month ago.

30 games, 32 goals this season and currently the top scorer in the champions league would tell a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,799 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well, it's February of LvG's second season and I just wonder how many people have now come to the conclusion that a "big name" manager is not always the solution. Especially a big name manager rolling into retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sigh.

United are a terrible football team and no one at the club seems all that bothered about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sigh.

United are a terrible football team and no one at the club seems all that bothered about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

It wasn't even a shock that Sunderland beat Utd, that's how bad Utd are. Goals conceded were shocking. Smalling is all over the place for the corner, DeGea wasn't great either. Martial is the only bright spot for Utd at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

are you arsene wenger? How do you know he is not first choice? When everyone is fit and available he will start in place of either Walcott, Ox or Campbell who have all played when welbeck was injured

are you arsene wenger? How do you know he is first choice? When everyone is fit and available will he start in place of either Walcott, Ox or Campbell who have all played well when welbeck was injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Sigh.

That will only happen if CL aint confirmed for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

kippy wrote: »
    Well, it's February of LvG's second season and I just wonder how many people have now come to the conclusion that a "big name" manager is not always the solution. Especially a big name manager rolling into retirement.

The crux of the problem in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

any news.....no he is still our manager :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

kippy wrote: »

Given how many people are pulling the stomachs off themselves over Mourinho, not many. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sigh.

Good morning Mitch!! ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

ElChe32 wrote: »

great news. Bobby Charlton is such an iconic figure of Man Utd and no one else would be more deserving

I see Debuchy has said that United did make a loan move for him in January but Wenger refused to let him join United. If he came this lad wouldn't have made his debut v Sunderland

Brother_Love_-_Bruce_Pritchard_14.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Fakman87 wrote: »
    United rantcast is top notch. One of the best football podcasts IMO.

Thanks for that. Listening now. Is there any general football ones that are as good?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Maybe we are bribing Bobby. "we will name a stand after you so you don't get so upset if we bring in Jose" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Maybe we are bribing Bobby. "we will name a stand after you so you don't get so upset if we bring in Jose" :P

Ha!Ha! At least I wasn't the only one that thought of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey lads, any of ye travel regularly to home or away games fancy helping me with a college assignment. I havnt been able to travel over in a few years so could do with some fresh insight. PM me if ye have a few mins to spare. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement