Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RobertKK wrote: »
    Should United go back to playing 4-4-2?

Wouldn't mind Lukaku or Ighalo or being greedy both being signed and a right winger like Mahrez.

In the top 25 league scorers for the season, United have no player on the list. That is more than being bad.

We have the players for 4-3-3 but LVG persists with this stupid 4-3-2-1 that never works for us,when we did play 4-3-3 we looked fluid and threatening,now it's Martial isolated up front who has to depend on his skill to do anything with little or no help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

zerks wrote: »
    We have the players for 4-3-3 but LVG persists with this stupid 4-3-2-1 that never works for us,when we did play 4-3-3 we looked fluid and threatening,now it's Martial isolated up front who has to depend on his skill to do anything with little or no help.

Agree so much the players are there for 4 33 I think it would work so much better. It worked well last season near the end against Liverpool and a few others.

Did anyone see that the people who made the Jose scarves couldn't spell United properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pighead wrote: »

Louis brings in a motivational speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Given Liverpools recent history of signing players from promoted sides for big money (Llalana Lambert Adam Carroll) I'd be wary of signing possible flash in the pan players on a streak of form.

Vardy Ighalo and Mahrez are all in their mid 20's and have been in the Championship up to this point. If they were PL winning standard they would have snapped up long ago.

Did anyone see that the people who made the Jose scarves couldn't spell United properly?

Unted, hopefully they meant to spell untied so we move better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Agree with ya re Vardy/Ighalo/Mahrez, we all recall how Michu took the PL by storm couple of seasons ago. Swansea could and probably should have got 20 million for him rather than releasing him on a free transfer a few months ago. The fees been associated with the above 3 are mental given where they've come from such a short time ago. You gotta to their hunger and desire something Memphis does NOT have ... yet ??

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Given Liverpools recent history of signing players from promoted sides for big money (Llalana Lambert Adam Carroll) I'd be wary of signing possible flash in the pan players on a streak of form.

Vardy Ighalo and Mahrez are all in their mid 20's and have been in the Championship up to this point. If they were PL winning standard they would have snapped up long ago.

Mahrez played for Le Havre in France and moved to Leicester in January 2014 - was never in the championship.
    Watford signed Ighalo in July 2014 and loaned him back to Udinese.
    Vardy was a non league player...

So two of those players moved to England in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wouldn't he allways arrive that way? Besides who's going too tell where he can and can't go in OT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Schwiiing wrote: »

Ian Wright anyone? Also, Ighalo played in the Championship for one season. 14 goals in 20 games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Need to sign lukaku. Another 2 so far today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Paddy Power tweeted it. fairly sure it's them behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

DDG; Young; Smalling; Blind; Darmian; Schweinsteiger; Schneiderlin; Mata; Herrera; Martial & Rooney, decent side

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That's just to way it is. There wasn't a sniff of a Liverpool fan in this thread 5 weeks ago, now it's crawling with them.
    Both sides do it, you don't have to get involved if you don't want to.

You've mentioned other clubs fans a few times recently in different ways.

Please stop bringing it up on thread and report any posts that do breach the charter. Same for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If Alex Ferguson wanted to arrive onto the pitch by helicopter at half time I doubt there'd be any objections.

34 pts from 72 available in PL since mid-April. 25 goals in 24 PL games. Failed to win 15 of them & nt scored in 10 of them.

Korat wrote: »
    I wonder what I'd have thought as a young Utd fan if Martin Edwards had been promising to sign Maradona and Platini in the '80s when we were actually getting Danny Wallace and Brian McClair.

It doesn't exactly build a bond of trust with the club.

McClair was a great signing for Utd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

DDG; Young; Smalling; Blind; Darmian; Schweinsteiger; Schneiderlin; Mata; Herrera; Martial & Rooney, decent side

If that's the confirmed team its prob best one LVG has had in a while.

• Advertisement

I said I would like Ighalo and there a few minutes ago on TodayFM, the commentator said Ighalo reminds him of Suarez, not the biting, but he is great at getting free kicks and not bad at scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Vardy is too old, Mahrez might be a flash in the pan but Ighalo has a bit of buzz about him for while if your a football manager player.

• DDG; Young; Smalling; Blind; Darmian; Schweinsteiger; Schneiderlin; Mata; Herrera; Martial & Rooney, decent side

Frustrating that he picks practically our best side now

Still convinced lvg is unaware of his best 11 until today by the looks of it

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Frustrating that he picks practically our best side now

Still convinced lvg is unaware of his best 11 until today by the looks of it

I reckon Fergie walked in the manager's entrance, put his balls on the table, and picked that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

RobertKK wrote: »
    Mahrez played for Le Havre in France and moved to Leicester in January 2014 - was never in the championship.
    Watford signed Ighalo in July 2014 and loaned him back to Udinese.

Vardy was a non league player...

So two of those players moved to England in 2014.
    Ighalo & Mahrez both played in the championship lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Come home to find Scholes has suddenly flipped on LVG. The **** is that about? Has he gotten wind he's not going to be getting a comfy job if he goes? Maybe Giggs heading off too?

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Come home to find Scholes has suddenly flipped on LVG. The **** is that about? Has he gotten wind he's not going to be getting a comfy job if he goes? Maybe Giggs heading off too?

Very questionable

Hes so mute on BT

Said **** all, looks like he was slapped on the wrist or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »

Maybe been asked unofficially to tow the company line by the club?

Seems very strange alright(as well as Rio).

Did enjoy Scholes calling the lad selling the Mourinho scarves a clown though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Six points behind Spurs now. We really are up **** creek if we don't win. I'm not one bit confident about winning either.

I really like the look of that line-up.

It's the hope that kills ya.

Lord TSC wrote: »

It was very strange I thought he was about to rip into him then nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Keep an eye out for Idris Elba in the directors box. I hear he loves a prawn sandwich.

Young at RB and Darmian at left?

Van Gaalisms. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Great half, loving Ander's cynical challenge's.

Well I think we can put to bed the idea that the players are not playing for the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

beno619 wrote: »
    Great half, loving Ander's cynical challenge's.

Pity he didn't get a proper contact on Hazard. Give him something to stay down properly for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,766 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It was a good 1st 30, Chelsea came back into it after that.

It is quite normal that Utd play well for the 1st part of games before falling away, only thing here is that it lasted 30 minutes instead of the usual 20.

However, apart from Mata hitting the bar they haven't really created very much, against a Chelsea defence which is quite open.

Despite the hyperbole, nothing has really changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Pretty decent half but Chelski have been dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Playing well but Chelsea have been brutal

Whether it's for the shirt or LVG, the team appear to be playing for something today. Different team with the Schmidfield operating, we're back to looking somewhat structured. Rooney had a great 45, and Martial has looked very dangerous.

The passion our lads are showing is very welcome, but with a few of them on a yellow they need to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Schneiderlin and Herrera should be among the first names on our starting team sheet. Imagine if Herrera was actually given a run of matches to develop some proper form??

Very good first half from Utd and unlucky to not be ahead. Thst being said though, Chelsea are giving Utd way too much space in midfield which is making Utd look way more incisive than usual.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    which is making Utd look way more incisive than usual.

Incisive? Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Should count ourselves lucky that this isn't at Stamford Bridge. Atkinson would've given us 2 or 3 reds already if that was the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

When Ander plays advanced, we play with more speed and energy. No coincidence.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Incisive? Where?

Utd have had far more passes forward into the opposition third than usual in this match, mainly due to the space the midfielders are being afforded. Blind has also been getting way too much time to pick a pass when he steps out from the back.

Quandary wrote: »
    Utd have had far more passes forward into the opposition third than usual in this match, mainly due to the space the midfielders are being afforded. Blind has also been getting way too much time to pick a pass when he steps out from the back.

Thats having more of the ball further up the field, doesn't equal being incisive.

Having possession has never been a problem for this team

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Thats having more of the ball further up the field, doesn't equal being incisive.

Having possession has never been a problem for this team

Compared to the last 10 matches, the passing in and around the box has definitely been more incisive In This game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I love Martial. Every time he gets the ball, I feel like he can win is this game. What a special talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've heard about poor first touches but Martial must have one of the worst second touches I've seen. He seems to beat a player easily and then belts the ball about 7 yards away from him into a defender with his second touch.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've heard about poor first touches but Martial must have one of the worst second touches I've seen. He seems to beat a player easily and then belts the ball about 7 yards away from him into a defender with his second touch.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Youngs crossing is pathetic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement