Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I honestly don't care if Midgetland beat us on Thursday

We will eventually get knocked out when we meet Dortmund or Napoli or whoever else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

We will eventually get knocked out when we meet Dortmund or Napoli or whoever else

I know what u mean but fuk it the season is bad enough as it is we could do with something to go our way. Plus I always hope we win lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'll care, that competition represents the best chance of us having CL football next year I reckon and talk like we won't win it anyway doesn't come in to it for me, sure most years you can say the same thing about the CL, we have very little chance of winning that every year but you still want to be in it! I would never say for example, I don't care if Olympiakos beat us cause we will only get knocked out anyway when we come us against Bayern, Barca, Madrid etc

Cup competitions anything can happen and i hope to **** the players at least show some pride and passion and leave it all out on the field in those games.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

eigrod wrote: »
    Is Paul Parker still on Man Utd's payroll (MUTV) ? If so, this is a staggering opinion :

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10170006/man-utd-should-replace-louis-van-gaal-with-tim-sherwood-says-paul-parker

i checked that article numerous times to see was it an aprils fool, but shockingly its not. :eek::eek:

Di Maria is one hell of a frustrating, talented, exasperating, wasteful, possibly mad genius footballer!

I miss the CL already watching games like this :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the longer we stay in that competition, the longer they have an excuse to keep LVG.

we wont win it, but you can be sure that those inside the club think we can and will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Di Maria is probably in the top 7 or 8 footballers on his day but he just didn't want to play for us from the start and the break in plus miserable life in England compared to what he was coming from in Madrid just made matters worse

I can't really fault the club for letting him go or signing him in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Once we are out of the Europa and 4th is pretty much impossible, LVG will be gone.

My guess is that will be around April, similar to when Moyes was sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

for anyone interested - totallyManU is back on twitter.

https://twitter.com/TotallyManU

An account I actually find amusing.

Once we are out of the Europa and 4th is pretty much impossible, LVG will be gone.

My guess is that will be around April, similar to when Moyes was sacked

i dont think they will, there isnt really anything to be achieved at that stage by sacking him in April.

they either sack him now or its May and its looked like May for since a long time.

• Advertisement

The time to sack him has come and gone, he is there till the summer.

i dont think they will, there isnt really anything to be achieved at that stage by sacking him in April.

they either sack him now or its May and its looked like May for since a long time.

Getting Mourinho (or whoever) in at any point before the end of the season would put us in a better position for the summer, and therefor next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting Mourinho (or whoever) in at any point before the end of the season would put us in a better position for the summer, and therefor next season.

While I'd agree to an extent, if Jose knows he's coming in, then he can probably do a fair amount without the responsibilities of actually managing for the next few weeks. With Moyes and LVG, the issue was both already were in jobs that they were dedicated to until summer, so came in having to start from scratch mid-summer. If Jose knew now that he was taking over, he could spend the next few months touring and scouting, setting up deals, etc, away from the public eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Di Maria is probably in the top 7 or 8 footballers on his day but he just didn't want to play for us from the start and the break in plus miserable life in England compared to what he was coming from in Madrid just made matters worse

I can't really fault the club for letting him go or signing him in the first place

I feel he would have stayed if he didn't spend the second half of last season sitting on the bench and playing up front when he did get a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

CR 7 wrote: »

He didn't exactly say Tim. He says United should go with someone like him who has come in to a crisis situation to give the players a bit of a boost and a bit of fluff. A nothing article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He didn't exactly say Tim. He says United should go with someone like him who has come in to a crisis situation to give the players a bit of a boost and a bit of fluff. A nothing article.

Yeah, while I don't agree with him there was nothing too outlandish in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know I'd put money on if LVG gets knocked out of the Europa League, he's gone before the season ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone think the higher-ups at the club are worried about the Carneiro case against Jose? They might be worried about whatever comes up reflecting badly on United if Jose is the boss. I'm not saying it would be the right attitude (a CL place should be worth some embarrassment, and i think we'd be closer to the CL if Jose had been in charge for the last couple of months) but the Americans (or at least the ones at Liverpool) do seem particularly put off by the possibility of bad publicity.

a friend of mine was at the benfica game tonight and said Sanchez was the best player on the pitch.

he said that United, Barcelona, Bayern and Real had scouts at the game according to the Portugues TV after the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Anyone think the higher-ups at the club are worried about the Carneiro case against Jose? They might be worried about whatever comes up reflecting badly on United if Jose is the boss. I'm not saying it would be the right attitude (a CL place should be worth some embarrassment, and i think we'd be closer to the CL if Jose had been in charge for the last couple of months) but the Americans (or at least the ones at Liverpool) do seem particularly put off by the possibility of bad publicity.

I don't think the case would change minds one way or the other. If they are ruling him out entirely, then the case will just be another example of the reason they did not appoint him in 2013. Its more of the same.

I don't think the case explains any delay in appointing him either - the verdict is due in June, so even if waiting for the summer to appoint Mourinho it will come out with Mourinho in charge under that scenario.

Awful game of ball there between Benfica and Zenit, particularly the first half, struggle to pick out a player who actually stood out, Gaitan was a threat in places, Hulk flattered to deceive as he often does, Witsel was probably the best player on the pitch in all fairness, did his job very well breaking up play and managed to drive some decent counter attacks too, the left back who got sent off was actually alright for the most part but his indiscipline cost his team the game so... the match fitness played a big part as the game went on I thought and I wouldn't be surprised if Zenit turn it around in the return leg.

Our rumoured target Sanchez was alright, bang average performance really, he looked full of energy as always, never did anything of note though. Lacked any sort of cutting edge but there is certainly a player in there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The time to sack him has come and gone, he is there till the summer.

'arry Redknapp was on the radio again saying friends with contacts in the know are telling him that Jose to United is a done deal but not until the end of the season.

BTW, Paul Parker reckons we should appoint Sherwood until the end of the season and The Mirror claims Giggs doesn't want to be a #2 to any new manager that may come in.

zerks wrote: »
    'arry Redknapp was on the radio again saying friends with contacts in the know are telling him that Jose to United is a done deal but not until the end of the season.

BTW, Paul Parker reckons we should appoint Sherwood until the end of the season and The Mirror claims Giggs doesn't want to be a #2 to any new manager that may come in.

Yeah saw all them stories :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

A thing I noticed about Sanches tonight is how often he stands still. He puts in great bursts of energy winning the ball and making attacking runs, but his motor doesn't look that great. A bit like Yaya in that regard. He's a big unit as well, so it only stands to reason.

I had only seen him once before, and that time I'd thought he might do the job we need on the wing, but I'm thinking now he wouldn't have the stamina for it. He doesn't look consistent enough for central midfield imo, so that would leave number 10 as his best position for now.

Maybe his workrate could be improved or maybe he'll always be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I know most of Utd's travelling support are fine but I hope the idiots who ripped up the seats at Derby aren't among the fans complaining about Mydtlands ticket prices. If fans misbehave then future opponents will have the excuse of having to spend more on security.

• Its shorthand, but then you already know that. I suspect people know quite well what was meant so if you want to run off and play games with each top managers length of service then have at it, I couldn't care less.

No this is what you said

"but I find it best these days to reserve judgement on any flavour of the month, be it a player or a manager."

I'm saying you can't possibly imply that he's a "flavour of the month" when he clearly is a success as manager considering for example he won the the La Liga in the 2013-2014 season which has been dominated by Madrid & Barca for well over a decade

• Some news:

Protest for tickets on Thursday night / 71 quid,
    The Tim Sherwood lolfest,
    Oh and the obvious hyperbole that Danny Welbeck is now a brand new wonder-signing for Arsenal.

• Headshot wrote: »
    You know I'd put money on if LVG gets knocked out of the Europa League, he's gone before the season ends

We will get to the Final and lose to Liverpool
    Mega-Jinx

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Some news:

Protest for tickets on Thursday night / 71 quid,
    The Tim Sherwood lolfest,
    Oh and the obvious hyperbole that Danny Welbeck is now a brand new wonder-signing for Arsenal.

There have been posters here amandent since deadline day 2014 that selling Welbeck to Arsenal was a shocking move for the club, many of whom preffred him to the Falcao gamble.

You can quit with the hyperbole ****e.

beno619 wrote: »
    There have been posters here amandent since deadline 2014 that selling Welbeck to Arsenal was a shocking move for the club, many of whom preffred him to the Falcao gamble.

You can quit with the hyperbole ****e.

Any chance you could provide some evidence of that? specifically those many posters who preferred him to Falcao?

I'm not going to outright call you a liar, but I can't say I remember very many posters thinking it was a shocking move, or that they would have preferred him to Falcao for that matter. Open to correction obviously.

Any chance you could provide some evidence of that? specifically those many posters who preferred him to Falcao?

I'm not going to outright call you a liar, but I can't say I remember very many posters thinking it was a shocking move, or that they would have preferred him to Falcao for that matter. Open to correction obviously.

I certainly remember Korat for one and well as posters thanking posts of that sentiment.

On the mobile right now but will fish up my own posts from that day this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Another day of the Danny Wellbeck debate then????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sky Sports, MEN and a several other media outlets all reporting Paul Parker says we should appoint Sherwood.

Very scummy behavior from the media to misrepresent the point he was making in order to make him look like a clueless idiot that people can laugh at, all to get a few extra clicks. If you ever wonder why we have to listen to managers/players playing it ultra safe with bland, cliched comments these days then look no further than what has happened here with Parker.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Another day of the Danny Wellbeck debate then????

Hopefully not, I'm not sure what else needs to be said about Danny.

I love him, huge fan of his ever since he was playing in the youths, he would be a super addition to any squad and would certainly have his place in ours no problem.

He wasn't happy to be a rotational/not first choice player at United and thought he had a better chance at nailing down a first team spot properly at Arsenal and importantly, as a centre forward, good luck to him. No bad feeling at all and I am delighted to see him back from injury.

He is never going to be that clinical number 1 striker, but he is one hell of an attacking option and has so much to his game. He could have stayed, and I bet he would have ended up playing more games then was initially thought or taken the option of going on loan like he was offered, but he forced through a permanent sale. You pay your money you take your chance, I wish him nothing but the best.

That's it, it's done.

Blatter wrote: »
    Sky Sports, MEN and a several other media outlets all reporting Paul Parker says we should appoint Sherwood.

Very scummy behavior from the media to misrepresent the point he was making in order to make him look like a clueless idiot that people can laugh at, all to get a few extra clicks. If you ever wonder why we have to listen to managers/players playing it ultra safe with bland, cliched comments these days then look no further than what has happened here with Parker.

Another great example of why they deserve every bit of the contempt they are treated with by some, our manager being one.

Arsenal going to make a move for Carrick again this summer going by all the papers this morning

bangkok wrote: »
    Arsenal going to make a move for Carrick again this summer going by all the papers this morning

I'm sure it will depend on him, he will have offers obviously and I think the club will also make him an offer so his future will be his choice, having him around another year wouldn't be a bad thing.

rooney hasn't traveled to Denmark with the squad, so looks like he won't be playing.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    rooney hasn't traveled to Denmark with the squad, so looks like he won't be playing.

Good thing the squad has so many options up front.

Man United, taking the EL seriously with one senior striker, of 20 years old.

Memphis to play up front perhaps.

Is Rooney ill/injured? Can't imagine he is being rested tbh, competition is too important.

• Lord TSC wrote: »

This is baffling

Didn't LVG come out and say Europa league is our best chance of getting into CL next season?

So his captain and main striker stays at home :confused:

Memphis to play up front perhaps.

Is Rooney ill/injured? Can't imagine he is being rested tbh, competition is too important.

not injured but has played a lot of games so is close to being injured...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I presume this is on channel 4 as song went few years ago?

Here is the official squad flying out...

De Gea, Romero, Love, McNair, Smalling, Blind, Poole, Riley, Carrick, Herrera, Schneiderlin, Lingard, Pereira, Weir, Mata, Memphis, Martial, Keane.

As per the official website.

No CBJ either.

Did Carrick not sign a new contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Some more info on Regt taken from Reddit
    • Used to be Head of Youth Scouting at Ajax but because he had a difficult working relationship with other people at the club, he got fired in September of 2012
      • I read some forums and people say that he was an eVanGaalist, which basically means, he follows Van Gaal's philosophy. Van Gaal could've maybe played a part in recruiting him.
      • A really good thing: Henny de Regt, found Matthijs De Ligt for Ajax who is a 15 year old centre-back who recently played for Ajax U-19 in the UEFA Youth League
      • De Regt also scouted Warner Hahn who is a decent prospect who played really well for PEC Zwolle last year and was bought by Feyenoord in the summer
      • De Regt is also credited for developing and playing a part in scouting and buying for players as: Gregory van der Wiel, Rafael van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder, Nigel de Jong, Johnny Heitinga, Maarten Stekelenburg, Kenneth Vermeer and Jan Vertonghen.
    More good news: De Regt also scouted players as Eriksen, Fischer and Boilesen

So Sneijder to UTD right guys? City can get Regt

beno619 wrote: »
    Did Carrick not sign a new contract ?

At his age, he would be on a one year rolling contract, I would imagine...

• Advertisement

I presume this is on channel 4 as song went few years ago?

Channel 5.

And no. BT Sports.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement