Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Says something that in a 2-1 loss to this team, Romero ŵas out MOTM. Could and should have been 4 or 5 against us....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Van Gaal looks a beaten man on the touchline.

Dont you mean in the dugout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dont you mean in the dugout.

touché

touché

Not a bit i ment it in the most humorous way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Laughing with tears at the same time. : ( This must be the lowest iv ever felt watching united, even though the result isnt a complete shock.

I'm kinda not even feeling anything, because it's more or less exactly how I expected it to go to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I really hope sponsors have started putting pressure on the club for this nonsense. It's depressing that that seems to be the only way to get the board to act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

stankratz wrote: »
    Because he won't stand on the touchline and yell at them?

because he shows zero emotion.

hard work heart and pride goes a long way in football. Look at their manager tonight even, constantly giving out orders to the players, encouraging them, fighting with them and look at the result.

that was embarrassing and they havent even played a game in 10 weeks!!

Beaten by Sunderland and a Danish team who haven't played a competitive game for 2 months, all in the space of 5 days.

Ball's in your court United board. As if they'd have a clue how to find the ball in the first place.

At this moment in time, fúcking Shrewsbury Town are very much fancying their chances against us.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Any word on de Gea yet? I missed the start, did it look like it might be serious or just a strain?

• Advertisement

That team as they are playing now will not be anywhere near Europe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

We are starting to sound like a broken record at this stage, but enough is enough. LVG needs to go and take Giggs with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sack him and let Giggs take over until the summer. If Giggs turns his nose up at the caretaker job until the summer then sack him too and get another caretaker in to see us through until the summer.

How much fcuking longer do we need to wait??

It's a complete disgrace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd love to see some bile, anger and venom. Someone tomfcuking upend their star player on three minutes.

It looks like no one gives a ****.

5starpool wrote: »
    Any word on de Gea yet? I missed the start, did it look like it might be serious or just a strain?
    Looked like just a strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

lol, this performance isn't even surprising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

**** me, I knew we we're **** but that was something else.

I pray that Shrewsbury beat us now so LVG can get the **** out.

We ain't winning this cup, we ain't gonna win the FA cup, and 4th is going to need some run of form which is definitely not coming!!!

LVG - your a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm past the point of wondering when he'll be sacked and just accept that this is what's in store until the summer. Every game is a struggle now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Do ye not think he'll be sacked at the same stage Moyes was, one it becomes mathematically impossible to qualify for the CL? I've thought that was what they were waiting on for a while, probably for contractual reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Quandary wrote: »
    Sack him and let Giggs take over until the summer. If Giggs turns his nose up at the caretaker job until the summer then sack him too and get another caretaker in to see us through until the summer.

How much fcuking longer do we need to wait??

It's a complete disgrace.

Both need to go, it's high time for Giggs to venture out on his own.

We ain't winning this cup, we ain't gonna win the FA cup, and 4th is going to need some run of form which is definitely not coming!!!

LVG - your a ****

You can't act like that. I want the team to win and starting to want us to lose to get the manager sacked is small time.

• Advertisement

LVG - your a ****

burn_book.gif?w=1140&h=629

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

5starpool wrote: »

he was in the airport booking a 1 way ticket to Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I don't understand how lvg can see all this and think he can fix it or even improve them. After all he accomplished why does he stay and allow this disaster to be the legacy he will be remembered for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm foolishly waiting and hoping for news later of his departure.

It's like a one sided boxing match that should have been stopped a few rounds ago.

The club is an embarrassment.

Before the game started, the camera was panning across the lineup and every single player looked miserable. Except Daley. Daley was glowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I wish Ed would stop torturing us, what did we do to deserve for this to continue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im really heart broken by this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

adox wrote: »
    I'm foolishly waiting and hoping for news later of his departure.

It's like a one sided boxing match that should have been stopped a few rounds ago.

The club is an embarrassment.

The longer it goes on, it does make it an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Do ye not think he'll be sacked at the same stage Moyes was, one it becomes mathematically impossible to qualify for the CL? I've thought that was what they were waiting on for a while, probably for contractual reasons.

He has less than 18 months left though, how much could it possibly cost? At least Moyes' had 5 years left on it so the payoff might have been somewhat hefty.

Plenty of less wealthy clubs are capable of sacking managers in the middle of the season. I can't comprehend why the board can think this kind of continuous underperformance is good for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's gone from embarrassment to absolute cluster**** under Van Gaal, he and his philosophy need to feck right off.

LVG is very lucky he has an away game this weekend. Can't imagine what Old Trafford will be like next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Is there a single United fan that doesn't want him gone now?

Quandary wrote: »
    Daley was glowing.

Daley can't help it.

tumblr_static_9p57ta1r18w84ggccw0o8g0w_640_v2.jpg

bangkok wrote: »
    because he shows zero emotion.

hard work heart and pride goes a long way in football. Look at their manager tonight even, constantly giving out orders to the players, encouraging them, fighting with them and look at the result.

that was embarrassing and they havent even played a game in 10 weeks!!

While I get your point, and agree with it, about 'heart and pride', I don't think the standing on the touchline shouting thing is that effective in isolation.

But if you were to look at his detachment during games as a sign of what he might be like in the training ground etc. that's another thing.

However, unless he's recently changed, I remember seeing footage of United training with LVG being very present in the sessions and lots of interaction with the players.

I dunno, I just think that there are many other definite facts that can be attributed to his share of the blame, without going near the touchline thing.

You obviously like to see managers out there barking orders, and now that I think about it I'm not averse to it myself, but of all things this evening (and going on at the club at the moment) Louis sitting on his arse isn't even remotely registering on my 'Fúck ya anyway, Louis' scale of emotions.

Tbh, it's LVG communicating less with the players that I want to see these days :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Patience please. It's a process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

edgecutter wrote: »
    LVG is very lucky he has an away game this weekend. Can't imagine what Old Trafford will be like next week.

He won't be in charge for the game.

Wishful thinking.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The longer it goes on, it does make it an embarrassment.

I agree. People were calling the situation an embarrassment before Xmas, which was a bit OTT. Not now though, it is a complete embarrassment that a club of Utds size, stature and financial clout are allowing this to continue.

I can't imagine the likes of Adidas are too impressed at this stage either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Do the players get any of the blame or just the manager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

I have resisted and resisted this since December but #VanGaalOut

mada999 wrote: »

Both deserve stick, but LVG seems to have destroyed most of our players confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

edgecutter wrote: »
    You can't act like that. I want the team to win and starting to want us to lose to get the manager sacked is small time.

Sorry bro but I can't support this gobsh*te. The players aren't playing for LVG and they didn't even look at all bothered by what was happening.

The old man needs to go!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Does anybody in utd have the balls to make the decision? Far more need to be kicked to touch than can gaal. Giggs needs to go as does all the coaches , the medical staff can **** off too.

Hurler85 wrote: »
    I have resisted and resisted this since December but #VanGaalOut

It's better on this side. Let your rage out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

bangkok wrote: »
    comical defending.

van gaal just sitting there for 90mins wrecks my head and id say a lot of the players are pissed off with him as well.

no inspiration, nothing.

he wont last much longer

It's not just the defending though. It's all over the pitch. Sisto got on the ball there at one stage and strolled past 3 or 4 Utd players without even a single tackle going in. There's no belief, no plan, no anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Enough is enough.

7ienzSY.jpg

The players are clearly better than what we've been seeing. It's the manager's job to get the best out of them. He can't. So while they may not be blameless, he has to take the brunt of it by far.

Even if this was the level of the players, and it wasn't possible for them to play any better, it's still the manager's fault because he chose those players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And we lost 1-0. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If it was 1 or 2 players sure but its near enough the whole team.

It's not just the defending though. It's all over the pitch. Sisto got on the ball there at one stage and strolled past 3 or 4 Utd players without even a single tackle going in. There's no belief, no plan, no anything.

A team that scores from set pieces somehow score two from play should tell the story of the mess we find ourselves in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement