Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've always always railed against people who claimed the club were an embarrassment, but now it's really getting to that. I'm working tonight so didn't see the game but I'd say I've only missed about 4 games including preseason since VanGaal took over and it's got gradually worse with each passing month. You can really only say we've had about 5 decent performances since he took over. Results are terrible, I just don't know what to say.

I was planning on getting over twice before the end of the season but I'll save my money and bring the missus down the country for a weekend instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And we lost 1-0. :(

Bet you gave them a fight though. They're top of the league, no shame in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

mada999 wrote: »
    Do the players get any of the blame or just the manager?

Players have to take a large chunk of that blame. Many of these guys have been inconsistent under two managers. It can't always be the managers fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is worse than the David Moyes season, at least with Moyes we didn't make a show of ourselves on the European stage, we did manage to frighten Bayern Munich in the CL playoff games.

Sorry bro but I can't support this gobsh*te. The players aren't playing for LVG and they didn't even look at all bothered by what was happening.

The old man needs to go!!!!

If, and only if we sack him then I don't mind losing tonight. It's only a one goal deficit and we got an away goal so we should still go through with a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Lingard, Memphis, Mata- they all keep pulling out of challenges.

Smalling pretty much on his own at the back.

Romero did well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

stankratz wrote: »
    While I get your point, and agree with it, about 'heart and pride', I don't think the standing on the touchline shouting thing is that effective in isolation.

But if you were to look at his detachment during games as a sign of what he might be like in the training ground etc. that's another thing.

However, unless he's recently changed, I remember seeing footage of United training with LVG being very present in the sessions and lots of interaction with the players.

I dunno, I just think that there are many other definite facts that can be attributed to his share of the blame, without going near the touchline thing.

You obviously like to see managers out there barking orders, and now that I think about it I'm not averse to it myself, but of all things this evening (and going on at the club at the moment) Louis sitting on his arse isn't even remotely registering on my 'Fúck ya anyway, Louis' scale of emotions.

Tbh, it's LVG communicating less with the players that I want to see these days :pac:

football is not a static game and the opposition are always changing tactics etc and we need to counter that but van gaal just sits there taking notes.

when i played and you knew you were having a bad game, or not 100% focused for whatever reason, it was sometimes refreshing for the manager to have a go at you or whoever, and more often than not there was an immediate response.

van gaal gives nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And we lost 1-0. :(

Well you have come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Get Van Gaal out, and José in ASAP, this ****e cannot carry on any longer.

• Advertisement

United should refund the fans who went to Denmark.

bangkok wrote: »
    football is not a static game and the opposition are always changing tactics etc and we need to counter that but van gaal just sits there taking notes.

when i played and you knew you were having a bad game, or not 100% focused for whatever reason, it was sometimes refreshing for the manager to have a go at you or whoever, and more often than not there was an immediate response.

van gaal gives nothing

1 game plan. If that doesn't work we.......keep the same game plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Trevor Francis hitting a few nails on heads.

J. Marston wrote: »

****ing great, looks like knee or angle ligament damage!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Get Van Gaal out, and José in ASAP, this ****e cannot carry on any longer.

I would take the Chuckle brothers just to get rid of LVG.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

FC Midtjylland

HAVEN'T PLAYED IN TWO ****ING MONTHS

I=Then again, I suppose United haven't played in a lot longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Groin or hip? That's what it looks to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I would have thought a stomach muscle strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

LOL at Ed Woodward thinking Olympiakos away in the last 16 of the champions league was the low point. I hope he had his camera phone out tonight, losing to a sh!te team in the last 32 of Europe's second competition.

Enough is enough. Van Gaal has to go.

This sums it up nice:

https://twitter.com/stoney_utd/status/700404399433244672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

user2011 wrote: »
    Ya I thought it was groin too. Hopefully Louis might shed some light on it in the post match interview.

Louis interview next, wonder if he makes excuses again.

Fact is he is not getting the best out of the players. Romero was our man of the match and that is with letting two goals in.

The sonner this season is over the better if Van Gaal is staying till the summer.

user2011 wrote: »

thought the left ankle got stuck underneath him and thats why he jumped like that....

find out later on i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

LVG

"A lot of things are happening in the heads of the players"

Murphy's Law is getting the blame

Van Gaal is blaming Murphy's law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I said this before, possibly in the Moyes era. I used to laugh at how negative people in here were, Mitch especially but it has all proved accurate. The club are a laughing stock now, losing in a CL group that easy was a joke, losing today is worse.

Enough is enough, we are actually beyond a laughing stock as other fans are actually starting to pity us which says it all. Next two games, Sheesbury and these guys again, wouldn't fancy us in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

van gaal gives nothing

While I would firmly be off the belief that standing on the touchline "giving the players a bollicking" is not of much use, I agree with this completely. How many times has Van Gaal come out after games and said that opposition changed tactics and we didn't react quickly enough (definitely a few times against Swansea)? It's no good going over it on Monday afternoon after dropping more points.

He doesn't need to be standing up for the full 90 minutes, but he should be the one giving the key tactical instructions to players and not Giggs etc. It has a much greater chance of sticking in the players' heads if they are getting it from the manager than as part of the usual string of communications coming from the coaches.

Regardless, we should be winning these games without anybody on the sideline.

De Gea knee problem, he will get a scan tomorrow.

De Gea knee problem according to Louis. Fcuk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

RobertKK wrote: »
    Van Gaal is blaming Murphy's law.

Then we have to believe he can actually be sacked :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The club not denying Mourinho isn't helping matters the players must think what's the point if a new manager is coming in

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    Then we have to believe he can actually be sacked :D

No, we get the law of Murphy for that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

LVG said last week that all our injuries were impact injuries and not muscular....jinx

edit: I know a knee injury isn't muscular but it is obviously some non impact type twist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Late in work so missed the match. There was a time where a result like this would ruin my evening but its just laughable at this stage.

I pray that Shrewsbury beat us now so LVG can get the **** out.

How dare you, as a United fan...

...how dare you allow yourself to believe that defeat to Shrewsbury will finally end this charade.

You need to go beyond that game IMO, you need to go to Sunday week when Arsenal beat us at home, following us exiting the Europa League and barely beating Shrewsbury in the Cup the week before.

That's what it'll take. God fúcking damn the United board for even putting me in a position where I'm considering 'short-term pain for long-term gain'. Louis should have been gone at Christmas.

Adox hit the nail on the head, it's like a one-sided boxing match that should have been stopped rounds ago. "Stop beating him, he's already dead" type of thing. As much frustration as I bear with LVG and what he has unintentionally made of United, I still somehow have a fondness for the man and am getting to the stages of deep pity for him now. God fúcking damn the United board for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

£250 million what does it get you?

Muck absolute muck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If De Gea's injury is serious, you can kiss your sweet arse goodbye to any chance of grabbing that top 4. Not that there is much hope to start with!!

RobertKK wrote: »
    De Gea knee problem, he will get a scan tomorrow.

yep knew it was knee or ankle the way he reacted.

its more than likely ligament damage, just hope nothing serious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

£250 million what does it get you?

Muck absolute muck

The players aren't as bad as they are preforming. That team should have been able to get a result tonight.

So he's not resigning, he'll have to be sacked. :pac:

That interview reminded me a bit of a Mourhino interview earlier this season when he more or less blamed the players for not trying.

While he's probably right that they didn't try, it's a damning enditement of his reign. The players aren't with him.

There's no way this will play out until the end of the season. He will be gone before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

LVG OUT

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The players aren't as bad as they are preforming. That team should have been able to get a result tonight.

Exactly and it has gone so far he is never gonna be able to turn it around, the board must act.
    With a top manager temporarily available, now is the time.

Ya there was more than enough experience there in that team. Carrick, Smalling, Mata, Blind, Herrera. It just looks like there is no belief from the players in the way they are being asked to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

i think he could be sacked on the flight home. i hope so anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

The players aren't as bad as they are preforming.
    You have to hope that is the case. Because the alternative is a far more depressing thought than even Van Gaal lasting till the end of the season.

I've made my thoughts clear on many of the players on countless occasions so I'm not going to ramble on but you will win nothing at the highest level with Herrara, Mata, Fellani, Blind, Depay and Carrick at his age all playing an integral part in the team. I've seen more mental fortitude in psychiatric patients than these players.

Van Gaal says player attitude is not the problem, it was not winning the second ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this is what our club has become. as to how this has been allowed to happen, is a scandle.

Every week, the club sinks lower and lower. enough is enough now, the joke is over.

Just watching Valencia, another team where results aren't going their way but they are playing for their mgr.

Van Gaal is saying that it is hard coping with 14 injured players.

Van Gaal asked about fans singing and the curse word was used by the guy in the press room 'We are ****ing ****'
    He glanced it off.

• Advertisement

Thought Memphis did quite well tonight.

A couple of runs he made on the far side of the pitch, beating a couple of players and I was surprised to see it was him, thought it was Martial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement