Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Best thing Rooney has done in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Same **** different day. Still can't score, and what's worse is Chelsea have conceded numerous goals all year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good news lads, we didn't lose. #Progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Good news lads, we didn't lose. #Progress

:(

He needs to go ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No cutting edge in that team. We had great first half but went back into shell again second half.

Better at times today but still changes nothing Van Gaal needs to call it a day.

• Advertisement

We were unlucky. Hit the crossbar, hit the inside of the post, Herrera and Rooney missed sitters, should've had a penalty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

0-0

It couldn't have ended any other way really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Step closer to safety. 40 points should see us safe.

Headshot wrote: »
    :(

He needs to go ffs

Brief was he had to win both games.

He won neither.

Shall see if that brief was true now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

That 1st half was more like it, shame it fizzed out as per usual. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Hopefully that's it, let him go with a bit of pride and get Jose in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Much better, the players are possibly still with him.

The next three games will tell us all we need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

FutureGuy wrote: »
    0-0

It couldn't have ended any other way really.

Out of all the 0-0's I enjoyed that one the most :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Remember that time we won a game?

Man, that was a good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That second half was soul destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Step closer to safety. 40 points should see us safe.

Get to 40 points and win the Europa league and everything will be alright :pac:

Also, Depay is comedy gold. I'm not even angry at his performance anymore. He's a great laugh to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

In terms of performance, much better than before, (That wouldnt be tough though)

I think Schneiderlin being back was a huge improvement and was surprising he didn't play before. Don't understand how we didn't end up with the ball in the back of the net today. DDG saved us a few times but jaysus we just can't put chances away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

beno619 wrote: »

Think we have learned enough at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Boring. Same as the last 18 months. Unlucky at times with decisions and hitting the woodwork but the football is boring, there's no pace in the team and the squad management has been a farce. I hope this hasn't bought him time, and I don't see why it would have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Second half was absolutely dreadful!

Jesus the English media love Rooney. Once again he looked like yesterday's bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

90 mins at home and what, 2-3 shots on target.

Enough is enough.

We seen how toxic chelsea were today, thats what Mourihno brings to the table.

Need to look elsewhere for a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Please let that be Van Gaals last game in charge.

beno619 wrote: »

I honestly believe the players are with him and are trying the tactics and his style, it just isn't clicking with them. I original thought with time it would be they still seem to struggle with it.

I think I should use "Hopefully next time out they will put in a good performance and go on a run" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

J. Marston wrote: »
    Also, Depay is comedy gold. I'm not even angry at his performance anymore. He's a great laugh to watch.

You're losing the plot a little :)

Shocking challenge by Rooney towards the end too. Really nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rooney how could you miss such a sitter. How much longer do we have to suffer this misery...

Adamocovic wrote: »
    In terms of performance, much better than before, (That wouldnt be tough though)

I think Schneiderlin being back was a huge improvement and was surprising he didn't play before. Don't understand how we didn't end up with the ball in the back of the net today. DDG saved us a few times but jaysus we just can't put chances away.

Let's get serious here for a second, because a lot of people are talking of a good performance from united. This Chelsea team is rubbish at the moment. They had no strikers and we couldn't even get at them enough to get the winner.

Chelsea have struggled all year, conceding a huge number of goals against some of the weaker teams in the league. Yet, they come to Old Trafford and are able to comfortably in the second half shut us down.

Time is up for LVG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Enough is enough.

This is what I don't get about why people are clamouring for Jose, his brand of football is not much better then what we're seeing at the minute. at the start of the season fans were still complaining when we were winning and it's going to end up the same thing with jose

Worries me that there seems to be a fair few people being vocal in their optimism about a 0-0 draw (8 games without a win) against a poor Chelsea side, where we played well for about 20 minutes and were our usual selves for the other 70, and barely had any shots.

It shows how bad things are that some people actually seem happy with a 0-0....

The second half wasn't that bad lads. That looked like a decent overall performance to me. It was hardly going to be full throttle for the 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,766 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Dreadful miss from Rooney. No excuse for that. On a plate for him. All he had to do was keep it down. Rooney cost us two points today

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Enough is enough.

I honestly thought attacking wise that was one of our best games in recent times. We may have only forced Courtois into 2-3 saves (one of which was top drawer to keep out Herrera) but don't forget we hit the post, crossbar and generally looked more threatening today.

I know attacking and scoring has been a big problem but I wouldn't look at a game where we were improved going forward as some sort of final straw, enough is enough game.

I don't want Mourinho as our next manager, but not for the reasons you have stated. Don't understand how based on the performance of the weakened chelsea team today you think Mourinho would be an awful appointment. It's not like he's brought 8 trophies to them and one of their most famous managers :rolleyes:

But hey, at least I can agree with this :P (that is if LVG gets the sack)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The second half wasn't that bad lads. That looked like a decent overall performance to me. It was hardly going to be full throttle for the 90 minutes.

The Second half was dire to watch as a nuetral. There was signs in the first half of what this United team is capable of. Long Live LVG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

What's Van Gaals favorite past time?

Drawing. Ahahahahahahhaahhahahahaha.

I said DRAWING, guys.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

I think I might be going a little crazy.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Dreadful miss from Rooney. No excuse for that. On a plate for him. All he had to do was keep it down. Rooney cost us two points today

That wasn't an easy chance.

Leroy42 wrote: »

MOTM apparently. Mind boggling.

• edgecutter wrote: »
    MOTM apparently. Mind boggling.

Glenn Hoddle

That is all

De Gea was man of the match, biased English gave it to Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Tha damage is done, Rooney man of the match ???

edgecutter wrote: »
    Let's get serious here for a second, because a lot of people are talking of a good performance from united. This Chelsea team is rubbish at the moment. They had no strikers and we couldn't even get at them enough to get the winner.

Chelsea have struggled all year, conceding a huge number of goals against some of the weaker teams in the league. Yet, they come to Old Trafford and are able to comfortably in the second half shut us down.

Time is up for LVG.

I agree Chelsea haven't been good lately and were weakened, but we are on a terrible string of performances losing to likes of teams doing not much better (some worse) such as West Brom, Norwich, Bournemouth.

I'm fully aware of the struggles Chelsea have had, but surely you can't deny that it is a fair statement to say the performance was improved greatly compared to previous ones of late.

And to be honest I'd credit the improvement largely to having Smalling Blind back in CB with Schneiderlin and Bastian back in midfield.

Rooney's miss getting criticised but the golden boy, Herrera, missing from 2 yards out, isn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Should have headed it. The chance where he was marginally offside and swung aimlessly at the ball was far more criminal, even if it wouldn't have counted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

The fact that tonight was one of our better performances shows how bad we've been rather than there being any progress.

One point from the two games he supposedly had to win. The board are just delaying the inevitable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

If he's still in charge for the Swansea game,that'll be enough too convince me that we'll be stuck with him till the end of the season.

I've stopped believing that the Utd board will do the right thing and sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,766 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I would put money on Vardy, Lukaku, Giroud to bury that.

Not the easiest chance ever, but for a top player what more does he want that an open goal and a clear view of the ball coming at him with no contact from a defender.

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Rooney's miss getting criticised but the golden boy, Herrera, missing from 2 yards out, isn't?

At least he got it on target

Jesus they are talking some ****e on BT.

Rio talking about playing for the manager...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement