Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Poor preformance but it was an injury ravaged squad. We just cant get a break in that department atm.

Still fancy us to go through and its only half time in the tie but people will make this into a sh1tstorm.

Whatever.

658.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

000bd141-642.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

have to laugh at all these injury excuses, theres three first 11 players out missing (and at a stretch 4 if you include Jones) right now. losing DDG didnt cost us the game tonight, when his replacement saved us from getting a complete hammering and was our best player. another one of them - Shaw has been missing for 85% of the season so far.

we are not in the s*itter due to injuries, we are there due to horrible mismanagement of our squad meaning we dont have enough quality to come in when we do get these injuries.

the sad thing is most people predicted this would happen when we went into the season with such a small squad. doesnt matter who is to blame for this, whether its LVG for deciding that a small squad would work or he was forced to cut wage bill it doesnt matter.

as a club, this was all predictable and avoidable and preventable but for some bizzare reason, our club just is not capable of doing things right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

It just dawned on me that maybe they're afraid to give Giggs the interim job, as if he manages to get top 4 or win a cup it'll be difficult to give the permanent job to Mourinho instead of him in July.

I've got 6 maybe 7 first teamers from that list...
    What does everyone else think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only three positions weren't filled and are affected by the injuries, might be a better way to put it. Our fb position is ****ed, and goalkeeper was second choice tonight, but every other position was filled by a "senior" player who was signed for the first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

adox wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, because saying we were poor and injury ravaged are both untrue totally crazy staements right?

Its amazing how people have a basic inabilty when its comes to dealing wiht an opinion that even slightly varies from theirs

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Only three positions weren't filled and are affected by the injuries, might be a better way to put it. Our fb position is ****ed, and goalkeeper was second choice tonight, but every other position was filled by a "senior" player who was signed for the first team.

exactly.

take Love, Mcnair out of that team, and the rest was first team according to LVG. now, whether we consider the rest good enough is another matter, the manager does and he cant play everybody.

the sad thing is, you are talking Jones in for Mcnair, Rooney in for Mata and Darmian in for Love as the only changes.

would they have made a difference considering how poor the other 7 outfield players played?

i think we all know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They're 3rd in the fcuking Danish league, our second string should be getting a result again them. 8 first team players and we lose

It's sad that Van Gaal has set the bar so low that people are pointing to injuries as a reason we lost tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

went out for dinner tonight, heard it was 1-0 saw the owner turning on the TV....they didn't have BT. Blessing in disguise.

Shrewsbury could beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This about sums me up at the moment.

KhlLJFx.jpg

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Yeah, because saying we were poor and injury ravaged are both untrue totally crazy staements right?

Its amazing how people have a basic inabilty when its comes to dealing wiht an opinion that even slightly varies from theirs

There is having a varing opinion then there is putting/excusing blame on an injury crisis, this bullsh!t has been going months and if your honest with yourself has been seen coming from last season.

Last season the squad were hit with a fair amount of injuries too. If I remember correctly, we had a bit of an injury 'crisis' in the month or two either side of Christmas. The difference though is that last season, the manager was only in the job a few months by that point and only had one transfer window under his belt. He could be afforded a generous amount of "Jeez, he's not having much luck with the injuries."

This season is different. LVG chose to go with a small squad for a season where the club would look to compete in four competitions. Very early this season, I read LVG quotes where he said that having a small squad was his choice and it did not worry him in regard to injuries - He knew the reason for most of the injuries in 2014/15 (he was training the players too much/new training methods) and they were now conditioned for the forthcoming season. That was the jist of it, and I was starting to believe him when we started the first few months of this season relatively injury free, apart from the Shaw injury of course.

Now though, there are players falling left, right and centre and we're once again at a point where fans can post decent first elevens based on injured players. There's a certain amount of bad luck involved, sure, but the depth of the injury crisis comes from insufficient planning after £250m and 3 transfer windows.

The squad is lacking in some quality, but more so in numbers - by choice of the manager, and now we will see the result of it. An injury crisis on top of the fact that we are shíte even when our best players are available.

the squad that travelled tonight cost £210m and that includes players like Romero, Mcnair and Lingard who would be considered first team players and cost nothing.

injuries is no excuses. the team that was put out tonight, should have won that game comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

stankratz wrote: »
    Last season the squad were hit with a fair amount of injuries too. If I remember correctly, we had a bit of an injury 'crisis' in the month or two either side of Christmas. The difference though is that last season, the manager was only in the job a few months by that point and only had one transfer window under his belt. He could be afforded a generous amount of "Jeez, he's not having much luck with the injuries."

This season is different. LVG chose to go with a small squad for a season where the club would look to compete in four competitions. Very early this season, I read LVG quotes where he said that having a small squad was his choice and it did not worry him in regard to injuries - He knew the reason for most of the injuries in 2014/15 (he was training the players too much/new training methods) and they were now conditioned for the forthcoming season. That was the jist of it, and I was starting to believe him when we started the first few months of this season relatively injury free, apart from the Shaw injury of course.

Now though, there are players falling left, right and centre and we're once again at a point where fans can post decent first elevens based on injured players. There's a certain amount of bad luck involved, sure, but the depth of the injury crisis comes from insufficient planning after £250m and 3 transfer windows.

The squad is lacking in some quality, but more so in numbers - by choice of the manager, and now we will see the result of it. An injury crisis on top of the fact that we are shíte even when our best players are available.
    the squad that travelled tonight cost £210m and that includes players like Romero, Mcnair and Lingard who would be considered first team players and cost nothing.

injuries is no excuses. the team that was put out tonight, should have won that game comfortably.

Ye are both correct...easy to say it in hindsight but I remember thinking in August when LVG was busy offloading likes of Chicarito and sending likes of Januzai on loan that it would be a pity if a lack of squad options cost us later in the season......that has certainly proven to be the case.

Prior to Rooneys purple patch over the last 8 or 9 games a fit Chicarito would have being a great option to challenge his place in the team.

Pathetic that a club of Utds stature worldwide can lose to a side that are coming out of two months without a competitive match.

• Advertisement

It also includes players like Martial and Mata, who between just those two cost about 80 million.

Romero, free
    Love, free
    Smalling 10mil
    McNair, free
    Blind, 14mil was it?
    Carrick, 18 (a long time ago!)
    Herrera, 28mil
    Lingard, free
    Memphis, 19mil

Not exactly an expensive bunch all things considered, not that it actually ****ing matters.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Are we really going to go with the narrative that we are where we are just because of injuries? How far back does that excuse reach I wonder, because its not like tonights result is anything out of the ordinary...

Are we really going to go with the narrative that we are where we are just because of injuries? How far back does that excuse reach I wonder, because its not like tonights result is anything out of the ordinary...

I don't think so, I see plenty of posts about how it can't be used as an excuse. Who is using it as an excuse? LvG mentioned the injuries of course, but I don't think anybody here has given them a pass because of injury have they?

It also includes players like Martial and Mata, who between just those two cost about 80 million.

Romero, free
    Love, free
    Smalling 10mil
    McNair, free
    Blind, 14mil was it?
    Carrick, 18 (a long time ago!)
    Herrera, 28mil
    Lingard, free
    Memphis, 19mil

Not exactly an expensive bunch all things considered, not that it actually ****ing matters.

Not so tired all things considered stringer?

: P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm past the point of being angry at the performances, all you can do is laugh at this stage. It really is beyond belief how he's not gone yet. I'm morbidly curious to see what it takes for him to be sacked/leave. If we lost the next 5 he would probably still be there.

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    Not so tired all things considered stringer?

: P

Nope, still tired. ****ing tired.

I don't think so, I see plenty of posts about how it can't be used as an excuse. Who is using it as an excuse? LvG mentioned the injuries of course, but I don't think anybody here has given them a pass because of injury have they?

Your Airbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Jesus Christ lvg is full of ****e sends a ton of players off in summer leaves squad threadbare and then blames tonight on injuries ffs

Go on get out you pompous ego of a man

Nope, still tired. ****ing tired.

Why bother with previous post (line up cost) we are sh!t no getting away from it no matter who posts about how sh!t we are.

I'm past the point of being angry at the performances, all you can do is laugh at this stage. It really is beyond belief how he's not gone yet. I'm morbidly curious to see what it takes for him to be sacked/leave. If we lost the next 5 he would probably still be there.

That 6 league wins in 5 months really stands out as something I simply couldn't believe could be true, yet it appears it is. I have no idea how the rot has not been stopped at this point, I am also genuinely intrigued to see what it is that would actually force the club to act!

Even if the perfect candidate is not available right now, a caretaker surely could be found and maybe a change would give the players a lift, as it is the poison just continues to run through the system and the rot shows no sign of letting up.

Incredibly I actually still think we should be favored to progress in the tie due to having got that away goal, but it really doesn't make much difference, I heard the score before getting to see the game, or who had won, literally just heard the score in the match was 2-1, and it didn't surprise me in the slightest to learn that we were on the losing side.

The biggest concern I had was De Gea, I really hope he isn't out for any significant period of time and was just pulled tonight as a precautionary measure, of course, the season thats in it I doubt it will be that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

There is nothing acceptable about what we saw this evening. Nothing. And fair play to the fans for giving it socks at the end. The club has been on a downward spiral for quite some time. It's incredible really that they have managed to wrangle money out of all these new global partners, especially in the last few years bearing in mind the utter drivel that has been served up on the pitch for the last 3 years. I can't help thinking (or perhaps hoping) that the owners are looking to sell, hence the lack of change of manager or investment in the last window. It's going nowhere but down otherwise.
    I will be at the Arsenal game Sunday week. Have a feeling it will be a cauldron of bile directed at the owners and management. If things don't change in the interim.

so let me see, here is how the excuse system works in certain elements of United fan base to justify the gutter tripe we are watching.

we have the best passing stats in the league.
    new players need time to settle in.
    we are top of the league
    we have the best defence in the league.
    Shaw being injured has effected us.
    we have Injuries.
    we are only 4 points off top.
    its all memphis fault
    we dont need the Capitol One Cup anyway.
    we are only 4 points off 3rd.
    we have money.
    Its all Rooneys fault.
    we are making progress.
    its all the presses fault
    Champions league is overrated anyway, we have injuries.
    LVG will turn it around.
    its Scholes fault
    we are only 4 points off top 4.
    at least we are not Chelsea and Liverpool
    its all memphis fault.
    we have injuries.
    Southampton are a good side.
    its only a blip.
    its all Memphis fault

we have injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

chin up lads, could be worse, could be Chelsea ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Your Airbag

No I havent. I said we were poor tonight and ravaged with injuries, both ture, I have critiscised the team and LVG many times.

Its just the usual difffernt sides of the same coin crowd in here, like you, who like to pigeon hole others, who try to even open any sort of discourse on any given topic that differs to theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I thought one of the commentators on bt made a really good point tonight. He said something like that good teams defend from the front. Utd don't do that. One of the biggest deficiencies I saw tonight was in our midfield. Midtjylland were running at our defence whenever we lost the ball. We just had no one in midfield to muscle in and take the ball back (or even put in a tackle for that matter). It was just completely disjointed.

• Advertisement

Mourinho is the obvious choice what the **** is going on at boardroom level in OT

Why bother with previous post (line up cost) we are sh!t no getting away from it no matter who posts about how sh!t we are.

To respond to the post that made an issue of how much a travelling squad cost, greatly inflated by two members of it. As if it makes a ****ing difference either way, the squad cost is irrelevant, it was Man United against some teams name I can't spell who are 3rd in the Danish league and haven't played a proper match in weeks. We should be beating those teams.

Is that ok with you?

Imo any other management bar mourinho is too big of a risk. We need a man to grab United by the bollox and that is where mourinho is a massive manager I truly believe that he can stop the rot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Imo any other management bar mourinho is too big of a risk. We need a man to grab United by the bollox and that is where mourinho is a massive manager I truly believe that he can stop the rot

Why didn't he stop the rot at Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

actually forgot my Dad was at the game tonight. My brother text me saying my uncle chucked his season ticket away after game. Considering he supporting club since 1953 and only missed about 60-70 home games in that time even loyal fans are losing it.

Apparently few funny songs cropped up too. Upside:(

That can be repeated ad nauseam but reasonable logic would surely dictate that if it was going to happen (before the summer at the very least) it would have happened already?

I also don't believe Mourinho is the only option, the only man who can save the club so to speak, but certainly think if he was going to be coming on board this season it would have been done already.

Sand wrote: »

Too busy causing it :pac:

Sand wrote: »

Rumours rampant about what happened at Chelsea team players didn't want him around apparently after sacking that physio

actually forgot my Dad was at the game tonight. My brother text me saying my uncle chucked his season ticket away after game. Considering he supporting club since 1953 and only missed about 60-70 home games in that time even loyal fans are losing it.

Ah feck he could have just given it to me!

Genuinely sad state of affairs

• Advertisement

I can't see another manager big enough to take the job on...

Ah feck he could have just given it to me!

Would you really want watch United at minute?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mourinho creates turmoil. He doesn't repair it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I can't see another manager big enough to take the job on...

SAF to make a surprise return from retirement maybe :pac:

Though in fairness I don't think any manager could fix what is wrong with that team before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I remember the pressure Fergie was under after 4&1/2 winless seasons and a cup tie vs Forest which we had to win for him to keep his job cue Mark Robins and his his famous back heel, history will repeat itself on Monday night when Lindgaard will score and an FA cup win this year followed by years of unbridled success.
    Or maybe not, I remember when we were ****e Just over 23,000 watched Utd at home to Wimbledon in 1989 and we finished 11th (13th the following year) Jaysus we were fierce patient in them days, still don't think Van Gaal was or Jose is the right man for the job.
    Depressing times indeed it must be difficult for fans 30 or under to get there heads round but ye have been spoilt compared to us older folks (I remember when we got relegated) so I'm off to bed with my warm cocoa as its way past my bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Will be interesting (and disheartening) to see if Mourinho gets papped out with Inter reps at the weekend

The more I think about Pochettino coming in the more it worries me, I think he will definitely be successful in his career but I don't think it will begin with United in the next 3 or 4 years. He's only 43, a kid in manager years.

• Advertisement

Would you really want watch United at minute?

It's a sickness I'm sure, but I would give my left nut to be in a position to have a season ticket each year yeah. I can put up with the barren spells, the dark days and the frustration, part of being a fan. I wouldn't be returning the ticket if and when the good times return though! :D

i know lads going for 30-40 who are refusing to go until he is sacked. problem is, those tickets are already paid for, so the club doesnt care - even with 10,000 empty seats, the attendance figures will be still at 75,000 due to tickets sold.

its renewal time in June that counts.

It's a sickness I'm sure, but I would give my left nut to be in a position to have a season ticket each year yeah. I can put up with the barren spells, the dark days and the frustration, part of being a fan. I wouldn't be returning the ticket if and when the good times return though! :D

Fair play.

I don't have problem with bad football and losing, I just think we have wasted few years in which we could and should have won silverware.

I can get over getting beat. Yes I would rant a bit, but every team loses stupid games. But it's the constant awful football and results and boredom of watching us.

Even the neutrals find it hard watch us even though they should be loving it.

We lost to some stupid Russian side in UEFA Cup in 1994, and you knew it was silly result, but you knew then club was still going in right direction and it was only a blip.

Mourinho creates turmoil. He doesn't repair it.

you are talking about Van Gall here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Conte could be a contender for both Chelsea & Man Utd jobs. Surprised Low hasn't been linked to them either as i would think he would be willing to leave Germany after the Euro's.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement