Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ibra for a year lads? or all out for Kane.

We realistically need 2 new forwards or 3 if Rooney leaves.

I would take Ibra on a 1 year contract, Greizemann and Sane

Our front 4 next season

Ibra

Martial
    Greizemann
    Sane

our team needs speed and skill. Martial can also play up front as Ibra wouldn't play all the games and depay could play left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fans need to stop and think about Jose as the next manager.
    Everybody want's change but arguably the majority of fans judgement on Jose is being clouded because they just want LVG gone out the door and have this pre-conceived notion that he can immediately turn water to wine which will ultimately lead to more disappointment.

At this stage it can't get any lower for me.

What alternative do you see that could be brought in that would do an equal or better job than Mourinho? That has proven himself and is available to take over?

There is a lot of people here that are the main vocal posters for Mourinho had wanted him to take over when Fergie left. The majority of the posts are not knee jerk or clouded by Van Gaal's failures. It's just Van Gaal's failures are bringing their opinions to the fore.

Obviously to a manager like Jose there is the other side to the coin and there is also people who would disagree with his appointment. They are entitled to that opinion and Jose has made it that their opinions hold weight with his antics over the last couple of years.

Imo we should be looking for a manager with the least amount of risk when it comes to winning games/trophies. And I believe Jose is the man that provides that especially after the last 2 failed managers. There is arguements for alternatives but I can't see anyone out there that has been a consistent winner as Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do i think LVG can turn the season around? Yes i think he has a chance and this is probably where 90% of Utd fans will disagree with me but they are 6 points outside the CL spots.

We know what we need to do to get back into top four, the problem is that absolutely nothing about the team suggests we are able to do it.

Its easy to say the words "turn things around", but what is the evidence for thinking its about to happen? Who are the players showing good form that might inspire others? Where are the performances that show what we can do if it clicks? Where are the tactical changes that make a difference and might win us games? We all want things to turn around, but is there anything at all that suggests its actually going to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Very good gotta give you that one. Can i ask why you think Woodward is to blame? do you think both him and LVG should go?
    Woodward seems to be sticking by an obviously out of his depth LVG, no matter how bad results or performances get. Last night was one of the most embarrassing results in United's European history.

LVG's mismanagement of the squad has come back to hit him hard, most people could have seen this coming. He'll probably point to his promotion of youth when the fact is he's been forced to use young players because of his tiny squad and inevitable injuries. Granted some have done very well like CBJ and occasionally Lingard but you can't be relying on such a young team when fighting for top 4.

This is before we talk about his style of play which has already been discussed to death. I hoped we had turned a corner after Derby and Stoke. We played well against Chelsea too. But the last few games have been dross again.

I'd keep Woodward for the commercial side, get a football man in to deal with the football side and sack Van Gaal. Top 4 is gone now, so we might as well get someone in to experiment a few things before a big push next season. Whether that's Mourinho or not I don't know. If it's Giggs I'll cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

while its clear that many people on here have finally seen the reality with Woodward, i am actually astounded that theirs still people here who fail to see he has blame in this entire scenario - the all our support for him and refusing to apportion any blame what so ever towards him, is one of the most bizzare things ive ever seen related to the club.

LVG is the main culprit but the players and Woodward are accountable also. no matter what business or sport you are in, if they business/club is spiraling into mediocrity with its results in its main stream (in this case football), then the man at the top comes into question.

No, people havent "seen the light". Stop trying to take on the plight of every UTD fan and stop speaking on behalf of this thread.

Your "real fan" i was right all the time stuff is tiresome. Your posts are over reactionary and downright emabrrassing most of the time, they way you label posters "fanboys" who have a different opinions and even those who attend games "muppets" is pathethic.

Most people on here would be mortified to have you as "the voice of the real fans". I don't care how many games you go to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Are we back to transfers? It aint transfers we need, it's an effective style of play and the motivation of the players that we have that we need.

We have lots of very good players, who cost a lot of money already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ericzeking wrote: »
    Are we back to transfers? It aint transfers we need, it's an effective style of play and the motivation of the players that we have that we need.

And some bang average ones, and a small squad.

Regardless of who comes and and how they increase performance levels, LVG would be leaving a relatively poorly built squad in need to significant investment.

At a minimum we need, imo, a CB, a CM, a RW and a Striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

There are more viable options that you may think;
    Kane / Lukaku / Di Natale / Icardi / Aduriz / Ighalo / Eder / Higuan / Santos / Cavani / Vardy /

If we are to discuss marketing power as well as quality go higher and get Neymar / Bale / Ronaldo / Ibrahimovic / Lewandowski or somebody of that calibre.

If you were to look at the next best British it's got to be Kane

I think maybe Kane but do you really think he has shown enough to warrant 60 mil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

You seem to have trouble distinguishing between me stating the fact that we are injury ravaged and blaming the result on it.

I said it was a poor preformance, you seem to ignore that though.

Thats where reason and logic comes into it and where lots of people on here struggle. Its either all out revolt against LVG and woodward or your a fanboy. The your with is us or against our opinions is laughable

Here is a mad concept, lets see can you grasp it. You don't have to pick between injury crisis and poor preformance when it comes to poor results, it can be a combination of both, actually in can be a mixture of a lot of things.

You seem the one not able to grasp what you write,

It was a poor performance but??? Followed by the excuse which was injury ravaged squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I think maybe Kane but do you really think he has shown enough to warrant 60 mil?

Break the bank for him, if it costs 60 then so be it. Id say Spurs will be holding out for more though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

ericzeking wrote: »

I'd disagree i think we need at least two more strikers, my biggest criticism Of LVG would be the fact he got rid of Wellbeck and Hernandez. Lack of goals has been our issues all season.

user2011 wrote: »
    You seem the one not able to grasp what you write,

It was a poor performance but??? Followed by the excuse which was injury ravaged squad.

I'm perfectly capable, you on the other hand.....

Ok I'll try a third time and lets see does the penny drop

It WAS a poor preformance but we were injury ravaged. So my first comment was about how poor the preformance was and then I acknowledged the injuries.

So a combination of BOTH. Sometimes we play poorly with a strong eleven, sometimes not. Thats the thing about football, lots of different factors come into it. So stop trying to put words into my mouth and listen.

Are you denying our injuries have an impact on the strenght and preformance levels of the team? Our injured first eleven would have been bettered than whats out there last night.

To ignore it all together is crazy, but hey, you just want the agree with me or your a fanboy stance, after all a UTD thread is not about discussion of such things right?

• astradave wrote: »
    What alternative do you see that could be brought in that would do an equal or better job than Mourinho? That has proven himself and is available to take over?

There is a lot of people here that are the main vocal posters for Mourinho had wanted him to take over when Fergie left. The majority of the posts are not knee jerk or clouded by Van Gaal's failures. It's just Van Gaal's failures are bringing their opinions to the fore.

Obviously to a manager like Jose there is the other side to the coin and there is also people who would disagree with his appointment. They are entitled to that opinion and Jose has made it that their opinions hold weight with his antics over the last couple of years.

Imo we should be looking for a manager with the least amount of risk when it comes to winning games/trophies. And I believe Jose is the man that provides that especially after the last 2 failed managers. There is arguements for alternatives but I can't see anyone out there that has been a consistent winner as Jose.

Tbf Dave, I'm also looking outside of this thread ;)
    Friends & Fan's I meet

I'm not solely pointing towards Jose's antics I'm actually pointing towards his proven track record.
    But my main concerns are:

He stays for 1-3 years maximum
    He has a history of falling out with players
    He has a history of spending huge amounts of cash and some of his transfers have been questionable
    He doesn't develop youth
    Recently he took a title winning side and nearly put them in a relegation battle and wasn't able to recover nor has he ever recovered from downturn in fortunes.
    How much power will he actually be given at Utd
    The board have openly admitted there dislike for Jose (How much conflict could be caused)
    He's going to butcher the side as it currently stands but there is actually a decent team in there that just needs to be built upon and developed further, Mata is finished

I have already said who I want to lead the club as Manager multiple times so don't want to get into it too much again.
    It's Simeone as mentioned before (I would class him as an upgrade on Jose)
    He actually reminds me of Jose back in his Porto days but he manages his players much better
    And what's even more gutting is it looks like he's on his way to Chelsea but there is still a chance if the board get there act together.

And I also mentioned that if Potch managed to lift the title for Spurs then I would have him before Jose but at the moment he's a risk as he's won nothing but he ticks the boxes when it comes to positive progression of a team.

• Pheonix10 wrote: »

Player pricing in 2016 is irrelevant now. Football has changed.

60 million is the standard price you are going to pay and that's only going to get worse.

He's talented, he's English and he's currently under contract.

Pay the money for him and that's that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Arsene Wenger called Man Utd a rival regarding Debuchy story.

Delighted with that.......... a rival!!

• Omg it's getting worse. Where the **** is the bottom of this pit...we need Chuck Norris

"David de Gea will have a scan on his injured knee on Friday, according to Sky sources."

Tbf Dave, I'm also looking outside of this thread ;)
    Friends & Fan's I meet

I'm not solely pointing towards Jose's antics I'm actually pointing towards his proven track record.
    But my main concerns are:

He stays for 1-3 years maximum
    He has a history of falling out with players
    He has a history of spending huge amounts of cash and some of his transfers have been questionable
    He doesn't develop youth
    Recently he took a title winning side and nearly put them in a relegation battle and wasn't able to recover nor has he ever recovered from downturn in fortunes.
    How much power will he actually be given at Utd
    The board have openly admitted there dislike for Jose (How much conflict could be caused)
    He's going to butcher the side as it currently stands but there is actually a decent team in there that just needs to be built upon and developed further, Mata is finished

I have already said who I want to lead the club as Manager multiple times so don't want to get into it too much again.
    It's Simeone as mentioned before (I would class him as an upgrade on Jose)
    He actually reminds me of Jose back in his Porto days but he manages his players much better
    And what's even more gutting is it looks like he's on his way to Chelsea but there is still a chance if the board get there act together.

And I also mentioned that if Potch managed to lift the title for Spurs then I would have him before Jose but at the moment he's a risk as he's won nothing but he ticks the boxes when it comes to positive progression of a team.

Cheers Mick, nice well thought out post. I'll reply later with a few points myself when I'm on my laptop and not on my phone. I do agree with some of your points too but even the greatest have flaws :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Omg it's getting worse. Where the **** is the bottom of this pit...we need Chuck Norris

"David de Gea will have a scan on his injured knee on Friday, according to Sky sources."

I fear for us if Dave gets a long injury. We could even end up outside the top 10.

He will be gone in the summer anyway so next season could be even worse.: (

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

It WAS a poor preformance but we were injury ravaged. So my first comment was about how poor the preformance was and then I acknowledged the injuries.

So a combination of BOTH. Sometimes we play poorly with a strong eleven, sometimes not. Thats the thing about football, lots of different factors come into it. So stop trying to put words into my mouth and listen.

Are you denying our injuries have an impact on the strenght and preformance levels of the team? Our injured first eleven would have been bettered than whats out there last night.

To ignore it all together is crazy, but hey, you just want the agree with me or your a fanboy stance, after all a UTD thread is not about discussion of such things right?

United were playing a Danish team who hadnt had a competitive game in 9 weeks and were absolutely mullered by Napoli in the groups. There really shouldnt be a BUT anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The problem happens when you take over a club, sell an entire squad of players over 18 months, and then blame the lack of results on injuries.

The injuries have had an impact, but our football when everyone was fit was dross.

We still had Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Martial, Lingard/Depay who would arguably make the best 11.

That's 7 out of our best 11 available, against a team who hadn't played a competitive game for 2 months, in Europe's second competition.

There is no excuse for that performance. It was complete bollocks. Look at Mata's attempt to win the ball back before their second goal. That lack of effort there is not down to injuries.

• Advertisement

ronjo wrote: »
    United were playing a Danish team who hadnt had a competitive game in 9 weeks and were absolutely mullered by Napoli in the groups. There really shouldnt be a BUT anywhere.

Whats the teams nationaility got to do with anything? What does Napolis result have to do with anything?

Midtjylland beat Southampton, we beat them at home and they did the same to us. Football is unpredicatble like that, Midtjylland could be beaten by us in the second leg or they could progress and defeat Napoli/

FC Copenhagen are Danish also, and they beat us under Fergie, held a Pep manged Barca to a draw.

Writing off a team based on nationality is just plain daft. Just because its not the EPL, la Liga or German league doesn't mean they are walkovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

v3ttel wrote: »

There is no excuse for that performance.
    At this point Van Gaal could put out the Fifa pro team and not get a performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/Stirling061/status/700624545640640514

Ian Sterling (Vice-Chair of the Manchester United Supports Trust and IMUSA officer.): Reliably informed Giggs will walk if Mourinho appointed. Also, he won't take the job as interim. Reason for Woodward stalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »

Ian Sterling (Vice-Chair of the Manchester United Supports Trust and IMUSA officer.): Reliably informed Giggs will walk if Mourinho appointed. Also, he won't take the job as interim. Reason for Woodward stalling?

Couldn't care less if Giggs walks - and as for him not being interim manager - SO WHAT? Just hire Jose now if that is what you want.

The club is so inept.

So basically Giggs is holding the club to ransom to get the managers job. Woody needs to get him out the door along with LVG. Woody probably under pressure from the likes of Fergie and Bobby to keep Giggs at the club..

The club has gone to **** :pac: I'd be upset if it wasn't so laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Whats the teams nationaility got to do with anything? What does Napolis result have to do with anything?

Midtjylland beat Southampton, we beat them at home and they did the same to us. Football is unpredicatble like that, Midtjylland could be beaten by us in the second leg or they could progress and defeat Napoli/

FC Copenhagen are Danish also, and they beat us under Fergie, held a Pep manged Barca to a draw.

Writing off a team based on nationality is just plain daft. Just because its not the EPL, la Liga or German league doesn't mean they are walkovers.

I genuinely dont know how to respond to that other than to say I am really happy with that result as an Arsenal fan knowing that LVG has to play his strongest 11 next Thursday due to that result last night.

Player pricing in 2016 is irrelevant now. Football has changed.

60 million is the standard price you are going to pay and that's only going to get worse.

He's talented, he's English and he's currently under contract.

Pay the money for him and that's that

depending on the scouts etc you can pick up bargains...

Kante...5m
    Mahrez 400k
    rakitic 12m to barca
    andre ayew free

probably loads more I cant even think of

harry kane was probably worth less than 5m 3 years ago, its up to United and the scouts to find the next harry kane. I would much rather pay 60m plus another 10 or 20m for a pogba or a bale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

If that is true, let Giggs walk. He has done nothing to suggest he is remotely capable of managing a club like Utd. He has given the club 20 odd years of incredible service as a player but that is in no way shape or form enough to consider him for the job.

Appointing Mark Hughes would make more sense if the club want to be nostalgic and romantic about it.

• bangkok wrote: »

Kante...5m
    Mahrez 400k
    rakitic 12m to barca
    andre ayew free

harry kane was probably worth less than 5m 3 years ago, its up to United and the scouts to find the next harry kane. I would much rather pay 60m plus another 10 or 20m for a pogba or a bale

Bargains? If you want to be back to the top immediately then bargains can **** right off.
    You can't have the best of both worlds.
    All I hear are people saying "we want success, we want trophies now now now!"
    Buying risk / potential is not going to give you that especially if Jose takes charge. (He won't allow this and I believe he doesn't have the ability to develop a team in this manner)
    We have enough of potential (with the correct manager potential can lead to success, Simeone / Potch) in the current squad so it's time to start taking the bull by the horns and buying big and mixing them into the team.
    Kane has a proven goal-scoring record in the PL what more do you want?
    This is actually a +point for Jose (I'm not all negative about him either) as at least he will go to the Board and say I want to spunk huge money on player X if we want to compete for the league next season.

To add to that TBF to Jose he will do the ground work and identify the big name targets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kane.
    Lewandowski.
    Aubameyang.
    Icardi.
    Dybala.
    Higuain.
    Lukaku.
    Griezmann.
    Cavanni.
    Lacazette.

Rooney hasn't be a top world star in terms of actual performances in a long time - there are many players who could effectively replace him. Not even just that list.

IIRC you said Hernandez was not good enough to be a first choice player for United, in that case how is Icardi anywhere near the standard we should be looking to recruit.

Also looks like this season Lacazette isn't scoring like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Surely Van Gaal can see the players flagging and floundering horrendously. As he said himself, not winning duels, last to every second ball. Be incredible if he just resigned, no quibbles or discussions, just handed in his resignation and left. Woodward clearly holding onto him for some bizzare reasoning at this stage.

Normally dropping a manager in a week with two upcoming knockout ties would be madness, but its actually madness keeping Van Gaal in place where the team will potentially exit two competitions.

Come this summer I do not want to see Van Gaal, Ryan Giggs, or Wayne Rooney at the club. Looking back Ferguson was giving Moyes the biggest break he would get. Free of Rooney, and outgoing Ferguson taking all the heat for it. Instead Moyes and Woodward did the opposite, and made Wayne Rooney one of the top 5 biggest paid football in the world. with the fees being paid by China we should cash in and send him off. And use his outragous salary to instead attract some world class talent like Neymar or Bale, or used to supplement the general squad recruitment.

And it will be last chance saloon for Woodward as well. If he doesn't get a plan in place and there being a clear trajectory of progress, he can **** off in 2017.

I'm now in that point of my fandom, where I've just ruled a line under some staff and players, and nothing is going to change my mind. I know most of you came to the Van Gaal conclusion quicker, but I'm there now.

Bargains? If you want to be back to the top immediately then bargains can **** right off.
    You can't have the best of both worlds.
    All I hear are people saying "we want success, we want trophies now now now!"
    Buying risk / potential is not going to give you that.
    We have enough of potential (with the correct manager potential can lead to success) in the current squad so it's time to start taking the bull by the horns and buying big and mixing them into the team.
    Kane has a proven goal-scoring record in the PL what more do you want?
    This is actually a +point for Jose (I'm not all negative about him either) as at least he will go to the Board and say I want to spunk huge money on player X if we want to compete for the league next season.

players from Europe are a lot cheaper.

I would rather Ibrahimovic for 1 season than pay 60m for kane. I would love kane at the club, not for that price though.

Greizemann would cost around 50m. If Mourinho comes in Mata is gone. 25m Plus mata for Greizemann.

Sell Fellaini to China, 20m

Try and sign Mahrez from Leicester or Leroy Sane from Schalke for the right around 25m

Still need a centre half and a world class midfielder, you could get a relatively cheap centre back like Miranda from Inter Milan or Diego Godin from Athletico

then break the bank and go all out for Pogba

• bangkok wrote: »

I would rather Ibrahimovic for 1 season than pay 60m for kane. I would love kane at the club, not for that price though.

Greizemann would cost around 50m. If Mourinho comes in Mata is gone. 25m Plus mata for Greizemann.

Try and sign Mahrez from Leicester or Leroy Sane from Schalke for the right around 25m

Still need a centre half and a world class midfielder, you could get a relatively cheap centre back like Miranda from Inter Milan or Diego Godin from Athletico

Sometimes your posts make my head sore

Ibra would carry insane wages and cost. And he's 34
    Kane would probably cost the same or less and he's only 22 and I repeat he has a proven goal-scoring record in the PL (With the correct manager he could be developed and stay with the club for years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

bangkok wrote: »

Kante...5m
    Mahrez 400k
    rakitic 12m to barca
    andre ayew free

Problem at Utd is that money has become everything, even amongst the fans. I doubt you have to go back even two months to find many posts glorifying Ed Woodward for his ability to sign sponsorship deals with large brands like Adidas i.e. his job. All the while the football was a disaster and the transfer policy was turning out to be equally as disastrous. Yet he was being lauded for it. As if it was such a shock that these companies wanted to be associated with a worldwide brand like Utd. It was bizarre. Business is where Utd is now, and continues to be, but it was reputation that got it there. A reputation based on success. On trophies. There is only so long money can cover the cracks and continue to roll in. Yes, it can attract better players by offering better wages, but look at Di Maria and Falcao. Mercenaries. Money has its negatives too. Where was the scouting system concerning those two signings? Without using that money in a sensible manner regarding investment in the football side of things, it will become just as meaningless as the lack of success. If money is all Utd can offer, then why not go to teams with more money in the same league, why not go to China? Serious questions need to be asked right now at board level and amongst the fans. Thus far no answers are forthcoming and the club is slipping further and further into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

bangkok wrote: »

No good buying luxury players from the continent if we have no fighters in the squad. Need someone in the Keane/Vidic mould as much as we need a Griezmann or Mahrez, in fact probably more so.

• Advertisement

No good buying luxury players from the continent if we have no fighters in the squad. Need someone in the Keane/Vidic mould as much as we need a Griezmann or Mahrez, in fact probably more so.

Diego Godin would provide steal from the back, Pogba is a beast in the midfield, Ibra would be perfect for us for 1 season up top

Sometimes your posts make my head sore

Ibra would carry insane wages and cost. And he's 34
    Kane would probably cost the same or less and he's only 22 and I repeat he has a proven goal-scoring record in the PL (With the correct manager he could be developed and stay with the club for years)

Wages yes probably looking at 200k a week, what costs? £10.4m for one season

Harry Kane, 60m transfer fee would also command wages around the same seeing as how he would be the 2nd most expensive transfer in premier league history. 5 year contract £52m + £60m transfer fee £112m total

also imagine Ibrahimovic United jersey sales for 1 season compared to Harry Kane...

Some of the posts are just laughable. It's on manager to use the players and improve them. Almost all the players are playing below their potential and worse than in their previous clubs. Can't blame Woodward, have to blame Van Gaal for not using them properly.

For example, Mahrez was not all that last season but this season he looked world beater, same with Vardy, Drinkwater, Huth. Firmino was poor when Rodgers was in charge but had some magical moments with Klopp.
    Atletico madrid from having laughable defense to meanest defense and that too without signing anyone. Just Simeone knew how to use players.

I'm very much sure if we sign a proper manager who has clue on how to use players, our players look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Giggs can go and walk, sense of entitlement about him. Yes fantastic servant for the team but he had the option of going down the managerial path and working his way back to OT. Feck it even manage the u-18's u-21's. If he thinks he can just waltz into the hotseat off the back of sitting as a #2 I'll have no issue when he gets told thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I'm very much sure if we sign a proper manager who has clue on how to use players, our players look much better.

agree 100%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Listen to your own advice before trying to it dish out.

Think we're done here, enjoy your day.

Should let Giggs leave. Jose is not as horrible person as Giggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Exactly,the team at the moment has no back bone,not enough lads that will stand up to be counted when the team is in a hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Some of the posts are just laughable. It's on manager to use the players and improve them. Almost all the players are playing below their potential and worse than in their previous clubs. Can't blame Woodward, have to blame Van Gaal for not using them properly.

For example, Mahrez was not all that last season but this season he looked world beater, same with Vardy, Drinkwater, Huth. Firmino was poor when Rodgers was in charge but had some magical moments with Klopp.
    Atletico madrid from having laughable defense to meanest defense and that too without signing anyone. Just Simeone knew how to use players.

you have contradicted yourself completely here. on one hand you are blaming the manager and saying if we would have a proper manager things would look better, yet you are absolving Woodward from blame about who currently is our manager..

you not think its his job to see the failings and appoint said proper manager? as i already have said, lets ignore all other issues that people have towards Woodward, lets just focus on one - his current inability to sack a manager who would have been sacked by every other club in world football, many months ago.

i was happy to have Woodward remain at the club as head of commercial activity or accounting or whatever and have a proper CEO in place however with every passing day, it looks like perhaps for this club to progress we need him removed from the club completely as he looks increasing out of his depth when it comes to football matter at the top level.

he is excellent for accounting and signing new partnerships, but whats been allowed to happen in the last 3 months is totally unacceptable, unforgiveable and if it happened in any other large global identity, sackable. its quite sad as he could be a really good asset to the club, but now he is nothing more than a liability who is a key factor in us moving towards a mid-table PL side under his control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Now we're turning on a club legend for the sake of Jose fecking Mourinho over some random comment on twitter. :rolleyes:

you have contradicted yourself completely here. on one hand you are blaming the manager and saying if we would have a proper manager things would look better, yet you are absolving Woodward from blame.

you not think its his job to see the failings and appoint said proper manager? as i already have said, lets ignore all other issues that people have towards Woodward, lets just focus on one - his current inability to sack a manage who would have been sacked by every other club in world football, many months ago.

i was happy to have Woodward remain at the club as head of commercial activity or accounting or whatever and have a proper CEO in place however with every passing day, it looks like perhaps for this club to progress we need him removed from the club completely as he looks increasing out of his depth when it comes to football matter at the top level.

he is excellent for accounting and signing new partnerships, but whats been allowed to happen in the last 3 months is totally unacceptable, unforgiveable and if it happened in any other large global identity, sackable. its quite sad as he could be a really good asset to the club, but now he is nothing more than a liability who is a key factor in us moving towards a mid-table PL side under his control.

I have already made is very clear that I blame Woodward for not sacking Van Gaal, not for signing those players who did well in their previous clubs. So there isn't any contradiction in my post as I was talking about transfer policy and use of players not Woodward as a CEO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Now we're turning on a club legend for the sake of Jose fecking Mourinho over some random comment on twitter. :rolleyes:

In fairness, it's not just over a single twitter comment. The sentiment has been there for quiet a while now...

So if the tweet/rumour is true, how do you reckon we solve the problem that is Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Kante would be the first name on the list to get, very much in the Keane/Viera mould, then build from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

who you talking about here, Giggs?

we dont know if its true or now (hence why many people have not commented on) but if it were to be true, then we have perhaps our reason why LVG is not being sacked.

i take it by your backing of Giggs, you also condone the multiple posters on here who have "turned" on another club legend by the name of Paul Scholes in recent months for simply stating how s*it out football is?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement