Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was out, come home to the news of the Inter Director....oh, so happy. Hope she's ITK :P

In the mean time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was out, come home to the news of the Inter Director....oh, so happy. Hope she's ITK :P

In the mean time...

She literally just came out from Lunch with him when she said it :pac:

https://twitter.com/footballmcd/status/701078807818715136

Reached the point where @ManUtd need to act or make some kind of announcement. Directors of other teams commenting on Mourinho's next move.

Tis the truth.

We were linked with a meeting with Pep and denied it pretty quickly. You'd think we'd act quicker when the director of another club links us with Jose...unless.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

The club at the very least need to sit Louis down and tell him exactly whats happening because he has been fairly defiant regarding the Jose rumours in all of his press conferences and seems to be very confident he has the full backing of the board.

Also, please let it be true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Finally great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Put the poor man out of his misery, no way to end a career with all that going on around him. Are the club afraid we'll go into a lull like City when they announced Pep?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

madcabbage wrote: »
    Put the poor man out of his misery, no way to end a career with all that going on around him. Are the club afraid we'll go into a lull like City when they announced Pep?

Agree, if Jose is set to join United the least LVG deserves is the option to bow out with dignity.

So, done dealio??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Excellent news IF it's true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

madcabbage wrote: »

a lull in a lull ?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

LVG atm is like that lad your sister brings home and your entire family clearly know he's a waste of oxygen and yer just waiting for your dumbass sister to see the light. C'mon Utd board, pull the trigger. Put this man out of his misery for god sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

When Fergie retired, when 'defending' the decision to appoint Moyes, Fergie listed out all the candidates that weren't available at the time, hence they went for Moyes. Klopp was even one of those. There's no way a club like Utd are not going to want to hire one of the most successful managers ever in Jose. One who is available. Utd must surely have made an approach to Pep but he turned it down. You don't pass up the chance to hire these men.

https://twitter.com/UnitedPeoplesTV/status/701088047660711937

Former Inter president Massimo Morati also asked about Mourinho after lunch: "He goes to MUFC? I'm not sure, I do not want to tell anyone."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Didn't see any FA Cup results. How many did Welbeck get today. Lower league opposition so I'm guessing at least 3?

Rio is pulling no punches, maybe he knows something :D Hopefully.

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/701074633949368325

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Didn't see any FA Cup results. How many did Welbeck get today. Lower league opposition so I'm guessing at least 3?

Arsenal actually fired blanks against Hull, finished 0-0

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/UnitedPeoplesTV/status/701088047660711937

Former Inter president Massimo Morati also asked about Mourinho after lunch: "He goes to MUFC? I'm not sure, I do not want to tell anyone."

You just did!!

Seriously trying to not get my hopes up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Don't complain when it rumbles on for 10 pages :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

stankratz wrote:
    You just did!!

stankratz wrote:

stankratz wrote:
    You just did!!

stankratz wrote:

It was his sister who is also a director at the club that revealed the information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ye are all going to be so bummed when Giggsy gets the job lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Agree, if Jose is set to join United the least LVG deserves is the option to bow out with dignity.

Maybe he already knows I doubt much gets past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If there's any truth to it, I'm sure the Utd board are going batsh*t right about now.

thomasj wrote: »
    It was his sister who is also a director at the club that revealed the information

Me fúckin heart, for a split second when I saw all the quotes with my username I thought I got v3tteled!

Thanks for that info thomas.

• Advertisement

Thank god none because I couldn't take another the week of that nonsense.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thank god none because I couldn't take another the week of that nonsense.

He was Woeful and wasteful today, we got great business selling him when we did.

Muahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

For all your health, I will reject it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ouch...

And it isn't our players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Like.. totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

beno619 wrote: »
    He really isn't, he only played because Argentina have a poor standard of goal keeper.

This is a guy who couldn't get a game for a mid table seria A side.

I'd much rather have Valdes but Romero is a decent #2.

He didn't play for Sampdoria because he was on high wages and they were trying to force him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The fact that United still haven't come out and denied anything is telling.

https://twitter.com/footballmcd/status/701085761731436544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

astradave wrote: »

All we need now is bangkok to confirm it and we're golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Moyes on BBC just there at half time, was asked about United and expectations.

"i think they will still get through and we would all expect them to beat Shrewsbury also.

asked about sacking LVG, Shearer answered "he will be lucky to see this out", but when Moyes was asked about it.

"Manchester United should not go down the line of being a sacking club. I was dissappointed to lost my job after 10 months, the manager should be given time so no, they shouldnt."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

But if the general consensus is that the players' creative freedom is being stifled by Van Gaal and the pressure he puts on them to play a certain way, then we should surely see some sort of improvement in the style of play and some of the players' performances? I mean, if Herrara and Mata are such talented and important players, then they'll flourish for a while under Giggs, right? Martial is doing it already under Van Gaal so no excuses for those guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

but when Moyes was asked about it.

"Manchester United should not go down the line of being a sacking club. I was dissappointed to lost my job after 10 months, the manager should be given time so no, they shouldnt."
    He should be sacked for that comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

stankratz wrote:
    Me fúckin heart, for a split second when I saw all the quotes with my username I thought I got v3tteled!

stankratz wrote:
    Thanks for that info thomas.

Sorry the copy and paste acts up on me sometimes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

All we need now is bangkok to confirm it and we're golden.

looking like he will be next manager alright, but still not signed on the dotted line just yet.

id say their is an agreement in place but then again there was an deal in place for Roy Keane to join Blackburn and look where he ended up so not 100% yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

bangkok wrote: »
    looking like he will be next manager alright, but still not signed on the dotted line just yet.

id say their is an agreement in place but then again there was an deal in place for Roy Keane to join Blackburn and look where he ended up so not 100% yet
    He dodged a bullet there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'm all for giving managers time, and having patience. There comes a point though where it has to end, and in a results driven business you can only be afforded time as long as it looks like progress is being made toward something. There was progress last year imo, but this season the performances and results have both stagnated, and then gone backwards and it seems apparent Van Gaal is not able to arrest the slide.

When the best argument that can be made for not sacking a manager is that you don't want to be seen as a "sacking club" you know something is very wrong tbh.

There may be some very good stuff being done behind the scenes (as is the rumor) that we do not see, or are not aware of or will get to see until sometime in the near future (you would hope) but unless the team is meeting its requirements while the work is going on in the background the manager will be replaced and players will be sold. At smaller clubs it can work alright, but for clubs at the top end of the spectrum competitiveness must be maintained regardless of what is being done behind the scenes. This is the demand placed upon those clubs and it is what they must do if they want to continue to reap the huge benefits of success on the field through revenue.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    He dodged a bullet there.

Meh, he would have gone there, earned very good money for the times, won the Premier League and when it went tits up at Blackburn gone on to sign for a top team regardless.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Arsenal built a new stadium and dealt with all the financial constraints that entailed without ever falling out of the top 4.

Even if LVG is driving things behind the scenes there is simply no excuse for the results the team is getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Surely the odds speak for themselves !! As low as 1/8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

When Spurs and Leicester pass you out then you can't complain if your sacked.

Pochettino took over Spurs at same time and reached a final in season one. They are challenging for the title in season two.

Van Gaal has failed to make any progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Wonder when if will be confirmed officially? Will it be Giggs for the season if results go bad or will they just allow Mourinho to come in at any time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

They should just get on with it if it's happening or deny it if it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

There may be some very good stuff being done behind the scenes (as is the rumor) that we do not see, or are not aware of or will get to see until sometime in the near future (you would hope) but unless the team is meeting its requirements while the work is going on in the background the manager will be replaced and players will be sold. At smaller clubs it can work alright, but for clubs at the top end of the spectrum competitiveness must be maintained regardless of what is being done behind the scenes. This is the demand placed upon those clubs and it is what they must do if they want to continue to reap the huge benefits of success on the field through revenue.

Assuming LVG is doing great work off the field, the club could go for the best of both worlds by "promoting" LVG to DoF with responsibility for the behind the scenes work. Unfortunately that would mean he would not have enough time for the head coach role, so bring in someone who can improve the onfield results and is not bothered by LVGs role. Immediate results issue solved with a new coach (?), retain LVGs great work off the field, and everyone wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not really. The club dot comment on speculation. They never stated their full support for LVG when rumours started circulating after xmas that he would be sacked and Mourinho would come in.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »

Can you not just Go ask your Italian contacts what happened over there today??? :)
    Surely the odds speak for themselves !! As low as 1/8

That 8/1 on giggs looks very tempting as an insurance policy after all Woodward is the one that went to buy fabregas and ended up with Fellaini.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement