Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

billyhead wrote: »
    Not really. The club dot comment on speculation. They never stated their full support for LVG when rumours started circulating after xmas that he would be sacked and Mourinho would come in.

They denied the Pep meeting rumours almost instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We really need to do something very soon.

Murphy's law is not acceptable as an excuse. This is the second year under LVG and the second year with injuries to many players.
    Some of the injuries are unfortunate, like with Shaw, some are predictable like with Jones.
    We went from trying to buy a top defender like Ramos, to buying no one for central defense.

We tried hard to get Muller for the right side of a front three, in the end we got no one.

Martial was a great signing, but after the clear out we needed another attacker. We only signed Martial due to Monaco being knocked out of the CL qualifiers and United striking for the player as they expected he would be harder to get in future transfer windows.

United need to use their sponsor money to pay the best wages, I don't care if we offer a proven superstar who makes the top three in the Ballon Dor €25 million a year after tax. United need to do something. We can afford any player, and we need quality.
    The quality of the team is not great, despite all the money spent, and presuming we get a new manager, there will be a lot of spending and sales.
    The way things are going, United will need to uses wages to attract players of true quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

billyhead wrote: »
    Not really. The club dot comment on speculation.

United deny meeting Guardiola

And this is not from a rag, it's from the BBC so you can guarantee this was a briefing by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hate this United are not a sacking club ****.

Boy ****ing Jesus no other club in world would put up with this **** week in week out.

You get a few digs from other set of supporters who do the ****ing same.

We have given him more then enough time. It's now getting to unbelievable embarrassing scale and don't tell me another club would hang, cause I'll show you a liar.

Boy ****ing Jesus no other club in world would put up with this **** week in week out.

We have given him more then enough time. It's now getting to unbelievable embarrassing scale and don't tell me another club would hang, cause I'll show you a liar.

I'm really sick of that line too.

If this was happening at Madrid, Barcelona or to a lesser extent a Bayern, they'd be rioting in the streets.

When a manager has lost the confidence of the fans & the players it isn't going to turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DM_7 wrote: »
    When Spurs and Leicester pass you out then you can't complain if your sacked.

Pochettino took over Spurs at same time and reached a final in season one. They are challenging for the title in season two.

Van Gaal has failed to make any progress.

seen this earlier, if the final 12 games follow the form of the last 12 games played since December 5th, the league table will end like this.

makes scary thinking that if things dont change quickly.

378292.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Have a look at the table. Most clubs in the league are putting up with worse than what United have to endure under Van Gael.

Yes he's doing a poor job, and will in all likelihood be sacked at the end of the year, but United fans playing the long suffering fan role is wearing thin. The reality is that all of the big clubs go through similar periods, the fact that it's uncharted territory for a huge number of United fans doesn't make the experience unique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Have a look at the table. Most clubs in the league are putting up with worse than what United have to endure under Van Gael.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: we are manchester United, we are not Palace, Swansea, Norwich.

Watford coming to Old trafford in 11 days time with the chance to knock us into 9th position, is not beyond impossibility. it wont happen, but its mathematically possible especially given the chance we could lost to Arsenal.

Liverpool sacked their manager 4 months ago, Chelsea did it 2 months ago.

Yes he's doing a poor job, and will in all likelihood be sacked at the end of the year, but United fans playing the long suffering fan role is wearing thin. The reality is that all of the big clubs go through similar periods, the fact that it's uncharted territory for a huge number of United fans doesn't make the experience unique

Name these clubs putting up with worse?

Regarding United not being a sacking club, with the exception of Ferguson, who even Florintino Perez probably wouldn't have sacked, United have sacked every single manager they've had since Matt Busby.

The notion seems to be based entirely on Martin Edwards having a bit of patience in the late 80's/early 90's

I don't think Moyes got any more time at United than any other club would have given him while LVG, assuming he goes this summer, probably got six months more than others would have afforded. That hardly makes United "not a sacking club"

• Advertisement

Name these clubs putting up with worse?

All those clubs beneath United in the league

So you telling me Watford fans are disgusted with where they stand in table for example?????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: we are manchester United, we are not Palace, Swansea, Norwich.

Doesn't matter whether you're a Man United or Dundee United fan. All fans want to win games, to win trophies. 20 years of unrivalled success dosent exempt you from experiencing the lows that the majority of football fans endure with far greater frequency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

We are **** at the moment with no signs of changing. We are playing woeful football too. He has to go. We were meant to be challenging somewhat for the title this year after the money spent, not doing worse!

So you telling me Watford fans are disgusted with where they stand in table for example?????

No. I'm saying Watford fans have had to endure far worse than what United fans have over the last number of years.

Three years without a league title and your chatting about rioting in the streets. Just as well you're not a Sunderland fan or someone like that. You'd probably end up taking up arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

No. I'm saying Watford fans have had to endure far worse than what United fans have over the last number of years.

Three years without a league title and your chatting about rioting in the streets. Just as well you're not a Sunderland fan or someone like that. You'd probably end up taking up arms

Yeah because everybody starts the season with the same expectations, regardless of talent and outlay.

Where did I mention rioting on streets?

So you have never been upset about any manager at your club? Souness or Kenny?.

So if you went into Administration and out of Professional football you would not complain, cause hey, they're plenty amateur clubs around right?

I smell a whiff in air

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is a seriously skewed view. I've no idea if you are on the wind up or not. It's all about expectation. If the table ended up like that thee Watford would be delighted, and Stoke would be happy whereas Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea would be disgusted. The difference for utd is that they have not made a move to try and improve things by bringing in a manager the club and the fans are behind, and utd haven't. The idea that all football fans have equal expectation of their club is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Name one of those clubs (other than Chelsea and Liverpool) who have spent even close to what Utd have spent since Van Gaal took charge? And while you're at it name one of those clubs (other than Chelsea) who have won the premier league as Utd have done within the last 3 years? Go home and have your dinner.

So if you went into Administration and out of Professional football you would not complain, cause hey, they're plenty amateur clubs around right?

I smell a whiff in air

Apologies, you didn't mention rioting. The post I was getting at was the reference to others not putting up with this.

Of course I complain, moan and bitch about football. My point was simply that you're 5/6th in the league and have gone three years without a title. It happens most big clubs, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern have all experienced similar. It's no where near as bad as the reactions on here would seem to merit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Do not feed
    Do not feed

Please God lvg will be out of a job asap

I smell a whiff in air

Apologies, you didn't mention rioting. The post I was getting at was the reference to others not putting up with this.

Of course I complain, moan and bitch about football. My point was simply that you're 5/6th in the league and have gone three years without a title. It happens most big clubs, Real, Barca, Milan, Bayern have all experienced similar. It's no where near as bad as the reactions on here would seem to merit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My own opinion is the sacking hasn't happened because Giggs won't work with Jose and there is a split boardroom on the decesion of our next manager !

Every clubs goes through transition. Every club has poor times.

But majority of clubs try rectify that ASAP. United haven't. United need a change, it's not only results but football has been awful too

Canadel wrote: »
    Name one of those clubs (other than Chelsea and Liverpool) who have spent even close to what Utd have spent since Van Gaal took charge? And while you're at it name one of those clubs (other than Chelsea) who have won the premier league as Utd have done within the last 3 years? Go home and have your dinner.

What, so fans of say West Ham, at full time after a defeat just whip the calculators out, calculate who had the least net spend, and react to the defeat accordingly?

My point is everyone wants to win, and losing sucks. Dosent matter if you're a Newcastle fan or a United fan. By and large, United fans have had a lot of fortune over the years, and now suddenly the first cloud on the horizon and you'd swear it was the end of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

My own opinion is the sacking hasn't happened because Giggs won't work with Jose and there is a split boardroom on the decesion of our next manager !

IF José comes in, Giggs should hit the road and take a page from Gary Neville's book and go into management..

Sometimes continuity needs to be broken.

Every clubs goes through transition. Every club has poor times.

But majority of clubs try rectify that ASAP. United haven't. United need a change, it's not only results but football has been awful too

I agree. And United are ****ing up, just as every other club in the world have at one stage in their recent history. The only difference is that this is a new experience for most United fans, and then playing the long suffering fan when all they're experiencing is exacly what fans of every other club experience, is a bit self pitying imo

5starpool wrote: »
    This is a seriously skewed view. I've no idea if you are on the wind up or not. It's all about expectation. If the table ended up like that thee Watford would be delighted, and Stoke would be happy whereas Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea would be disgusted. The difference for utd is that they have not made a move to try and improve things by bringing in a manager the club and the fans are behind, and utd haven't. The idea that all football fans have equal expectation of their club is ridiculous.

All football fans want to win games. That's what I'm referring to. How did you feel after Real embarassed Liverpool last season? Did you think, "oh well, at least we got to the CL group stages" or were you pissed off? I was pissed off because Liverpool lost. I don't care that Real are better, richer or have spent more

Of course Watford fans would be happy to finish 7th/8th, I dont dispute that. My point regarding them was that since Ferguson left and United's blip began, Watford fans have probably suffered significantly more lows than United fans

Agree with both of the above posts.

We should not set low standards.

Watford coming to Old trafford in 11 days time with the chance to knock us into 9th position, is not beyond impossibility. it wont happen, but its mathematically possible especially given the chance we could lost to Arsenal.

Liverpool sacked their manager 4 months ago, Chelsea did it 2 months ago.

Agree.
    I couldn't see the Kilkenny hurling county board accepting this if they were performing as bad as united.
    There are certain standards that must be maintained, United have really sunk, and change is needed. I like Van Gaal, but it has not worked out.

• Advertisement

I agree. And United are ****ing up, just as every other club in the world have at one stage in their recent history. The only difference is that this is a new experience for most United fans, and then playing the long suffering fan when all they're experiencing is exacly what fans of every other club experience, is a bit self pitying imo
    Lol stroll into the United thread as good as call or generalise us of being whingey ****ers

Not a bother to you fair play

RobertKK wrote: »
    Agree with both of the above posts.

We should not set low standards.

Agree.
    I couldn't see the Kilkenny hurling county board accepting this if they were performing as bad as united.
    There are certain standards that must be maintained, United have really sunk, and change is needed. I like Van Gaal, but it has not worked out.
    But the cats are ****e don't compare us to that shower :rolleyes::pac:

All football fans want to win games. That's what I'm referring to. How did you feel after Real embarassed Liverpool last season? Did you think, "oh well, at least we got to the CL group stages" or were you pissed off? I was pissed off because Liverpool lost. I don't care that Real are better, richer or have spent more

Of course Watford fans would be happy to finish 7th/8th, I dont dispute that. My point regarding them was that since Ferguson left and United's blip began, Watford fans have probably suffered significantly more lows than United fans

If I remember correctly, didn't Liverpool put out a weakened team in at least one of those games?

Look at it from a different sport, Kilkenny hurling fans would be in uproar if our standards fell off the cliff the way United's standards have collapsed.

But the cats are ****e don't compare us to that shower :rolleyes::pac:

The devils could really do with some claws right now... :D

Lol stroll into the United thread as good as call or generalise us of being whingey ****ers

Not a bother to you fair play

But many are being whingey. I call it as I see it. I think the vast majority of my posts in United threads over the years have probably been broadly in line with the views of United fans.

People are too preoccupied with this nonsense of we spent so many million, hence we should be achieving this or that.

Sport isn't an exact science, it's the variables that make it what it is. Irrespective of your financial muscle, it's still XI v XI and everyone wants to win. Some people seem to have a hard time accepting that they can't always

This is a Man United thread where most of the conversation will be on United, good or bad.

I dont see any United fan saying "hey look at us, poor old us"

What do you honestly expect? For us to just think it's fine to spend 250million and watch a team unable to score a goal in one end for 5 months?

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter whether you're a Man United or Dundee United fan. All fans want to win games, to win trophies. 20 years of unrivalled success dosent exempt you from experiencing the lows that the majority of football fans endure with far greater frequency

Presumably your on the wind up? I'm struggling to believe that anyone could have such a skewed view.

There are expectations based on the clubs resources and history. West Ham, Stoke and Watford will be happy with their upper mid table status.

They are not one of the four biggest clubs in the world. They have not spent £250m+ in the last 3 seasons.

Real Madrid haven't had three consecutive seasons as United have had since 1948 (assuming United finish 5th or worse this season). Do you think that they'd accept such a poor run of form today?

Bayern Munich haven't had three consecutive seasons as United have had since 1979. Do you think that they'd accept such a poor run of form today?

Barcelona are between 2000 and 2003 is the closest it gets and they didn't accept it. They went through 5 managers in 3 years. Do you think they'd accept 3 bad seasons now?

If you are unsure of the answer, here is a hint.... less than 2 years ago, the fans were waving the white hankerchiefs after poor 3 defeats, nevermind 3 poor years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads why are you feeding him ffs

RobertKK wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, didn't Liverpool put out a weakened team in at least one of those games?

Look at it from a different sport, Kilkenny hurling fans would be in uproar if our standards fell off the cliff the way United's standards have collapsed.

Yea, Rodgers did put out a weakened side at the Bearnabau (sp).

KK will no doubt experience it at some point. Its sport after all (if you count stick fighting as a sport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

What, so fans of say West Ham, at full time after a defeat just whip the calculators out, calculate who had the least net spend, and react to the defeat accordingly?

My point is everyone wants to win, and losing sucks. Dosent matter if you're a Newcastle fan or a United fan. By and large,
    What you're describing here is the emotional impact a game of football can have on a fan. That can apply to your local team here in Ireland. It can apply to any fan. That's not the parameter by which you objectively measure a club's success. That measure is trophies, expectations based on past success, and return on investment in players. No trophies and not looking like any either being realistic. Utd are failing miserably to match not just fans' expectations, but also their own expectations. It's the manager and the player's responsibility to meet these expectations and they've failed. Managers get sacked. Players get sold or they play better for a new manager. Welcome to the world of top level football.
    United fans have had a lot of fortune over the years, and now suddenly the first cloud on the horizon and you'd swear it was the end of the world
    Suddenly? Genuine question here. Have you been hibernating for the last 3 months? 3 months is a lifetime in football, a results based business where even if the performances are good, you can still be sacked. The problem with Utd is that the performances have been at times worse than the poor results. There is no sign that Van Gaal can turn this around. He has to go.

Having a different opinion dosent make me a troll. I've been posting in this forum floor about seven years now, and have never trolled it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I'm thinking Woodward is making a balls of things at this stage. I reckon Gill was shrewder and would have informed Fergie if a certain target was unachieveable after sounding things out whereas Woodward wastes time chasing these stupid targets like Ramos which are never going to happen and then end up with nothing.

I'm not saying the manager isn't blameless either but Woodward has a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The united thread is like roadkill lately it just can't help attracting all the annoying little bugs you would love to swat..

2zzup08.gif

v3ttel wrote: »
    Presumably your on the wind up? I'm struggling to believe that anyone could have such a skewed view.

There are expectations based on the clubs resources and history. West Ham, Stoke and Watford will be happy with their upper mid table status.

They are not one of the four biggest clubs in the world. They have not spent £250m+ in the last 3 seasons.

Real Madrid haven't had three consecutive seasons as United have had since 1948 (assuming United finish 5th or worse this season). Do you think that they'd accept such a poor run of form today?

Bayern Munich haven't had three consecutive seasons as United have had since 1979. Do you think that they'd accept such a poor run of form today?

Barcelona are between 2000 and 2003 is the closest it gets and they didn't accept it. They went through 5 managers in 3 years. Do you think they'd accept 3 bad seasons now?

If you are unsure of the answer, here is a hint.... less than 2 years ago, the fans were waving the white hankerchiefs after poor 3 defeats, nevermind 3 poor years.

I'm working, so can't really reply to the valid points you've made.

My point is simply that the lows United fans are experiencing aren't all that low, and are set against a backdrop of unparalleled highs.

The reactions seem very OTT to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm working, so can't really reply to the valid points you've made.

My point is simply that the lows United fans are experiencing aren't all that low, and are set against a backdrop of unparalleled highs.

The reactions seem very OTT to me

Yet you have had enough time to post all of this ****e!

Regarding United not being a sacking club, with the exception of Ferguson, who even Florintino Perez probably wouldn't have sacked, United have sacked every single manager they've had since Matt Busby.

The notion seems to be based entirely on Martin Edwards having a bit of patience in the late 80's/early 90's

I don't think Moyes got any more time at United than any other club would have given him while LVG, assuming he goes this summer, probably got six months more than others would have afforded. That hardly makes United "not a sacking club"

My point is everyone wants to win, and losing sucks. Dosent matter if you're a Newcastle fan or a United fan. By and large, United fans have had a lot of fortune over the years, and now suddenly the first cloud on the horizon and you'd swear it was the end of the world

But many are being whingey. I call it as I see it. I think the vast majority of my posts in United threads over the years have probably been broadly in line with the views of United fans.

People are too preoccupied with this nonsense of we spent so many million, hence we should be achieving this or that.

Sport isn't an exact science, it's the variables that make it what it is. Irrespective of your financial muscle, it's still XI v XI and everyone wants to win. Some people seem to have a hard time accepting that they can't always
    Yea, Rodgers did put out a weakened side at the Bearnabau (sp).

KK will no doubt experience it at some point. Its sport after all (if you count stick fighting as a sport)
    Having a different opinion dosent make me a troll. I've been posting in this forum floor about seven years now, and have never trolled it

This is a Man United thread where most of the conversation will be on United, good or bad.

I dont see any United fan saying "hey look at us, poor old us"

What do you honestly expect? For us to just think it's fine to spend 250million and watch a team unable to score a goal in one end for 5 months?

Of course I expect people to be pissed off, I just think a bit of perspective is needed. United fans complaining about their predicament is the football version of a first world problem. You have every right to be pissed off, but the claim that no other club would stand for what United fans have had to put up with isn't justified IMO

Gotta laugh at Castles, Using a 5/6 year old photo in this tweet :pac:

http://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/701154913812877312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

astradave wrote: »
    Yet you have had enough time to post all of this ****e!

What's your point? I'm keeping an eye on my job and making quick replies when I can

What's your point? I'm keeping an eye on my job and making quick replies when I can

My point is pretty self explanatory.

You created your account March 2012! 7 years?

Ah radio silence

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement