Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

For all those who laughed at me last summer when I mentioned it...Charlie Austin wouldn't be a bad player to have on the bench and come on now would he

giphy.gif

Jokes aside we do need another striker, letting Wilson go out on loan leaves us a bit lost for numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

LVG press conference on MUTV.
    Frustrated they didn't score, dominated the game, did everything but score.

Someone's mobile went off and he said to the person - lack of respect.

Says should have gotten two penalties, we are unlucky, but when the manager says they have been unlucky too much then it not about luck.

Fans liked the performance and supported the team.

Asked about resigning, let me just yawn, but he says United want to keep him, Players have went to his house and directors to his house to support him.

Louis says he is more concerned about preparing his players for games than he is about his own job, says he did not storm out of the press conference.
    Says he always stays when the players fight for him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meh. To me, if people are paying the money required, showing dedication to go to the games, then they deserve to voice their displeasure any way they want. LVG has shown little to demand blind loyalty over the last few weeks, and after 8 games without a win, fans are entitled to voice those worries.

Is wearing a scarf any different to me saying, here and now, that I want Jose in over LVG?

If LVG wants unyielding support from fans, he needs to earn it back.

Buying a Mourinho scarf when there is no indication United want Mourinho, then Pep's agent says nothing is decided and maybe he takes a sabbatical...like he is waiting on a certain job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im very very worried about CL qualification.

Right now I cant see us getting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

He prob wont be sacked until 4th is mathematically impossible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Adamocovic wrote: »
    For all those who laughed at me last summer when I mentioned it...Charlie Austin wouldn't be a bad player to have on the bench and come on now would he

giphy.gif

Jokes aside we do need another striker, letting Wilson go out on loan leaves us a bit lost for numbers.

Was just about to pop in here and mention Austin.

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Also. Fans who wore those Mourinho scarves are a disgrace and an embarrassment to themselves and proper United supporters.

TheDoc with the hammer blow

Fair play bud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Just to be clear folks accountability for what happens to the football side of the club only applies to the manager and players, not the owners or Chief Executive.

Likewise wearing scarves or paraphernalia in support of alternative leadership is only disgraceful if it's for another manager, not ownership of the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Pep doesn't strike me as someone that would sign up for a job where there is no decision in place regarding the current managers tenure.

He has always struck me as quite a classy individual and something like that would be a bit classless.

Of course this is based on nothing but my own musing.

Didn't he do just that with Bayern? Jupp Heynckes was still in the job and hadn't made the decision to leave when Guadiola signed the contract

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Good performance by utd, should of won it if rooney done a diving header at the back post instead of doing a robbie keane he was slow and clumsy throughout the game how he got man of match over martial and de gea is mind boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

e he was slow and clumsy throughout the game.

Jesus that's very harsh on Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I thought Rooney played well for most of the game and I'd be one of his harsher critics. He did slow down in the latter part of the game but he hasn't been playing with that intensity for a while and it would be understandable if he tired. Huge improvement from him in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ultimately we drew 0-0 again.to a side as bad as we have been. And that result will keep LVG in his job for the season, which is going to cost us CL football imo. As soon as he wasn't fired after Norwich it was inevitable simple getting anything our of the following two games would be enough.

The performance was encouraging to an extent, but we failed to score yet again. That's is the pattern we see so much under LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Wahey!

CXV2X1ZW8AA1bMo.jpg:large

Ultimately we drew 0-0 again.to a side as bad as we have been. And that result will keep LVG in his job for the season, which is going to cost us CL football imo. As soon as he wasn't fired after Norwich it was inevitable simple getting anything our of the following two games would be enough.

The performance was encouraging to an extent, but we failed to score yet again. That's is the pattern we see so much under LVG.

Would that change under Mourinho et al? Would the ball suddenly start going in the net?

Chance creation is a valid criticism under LVG but even when we do create a decent amount of chances they still don't seem to be going in.

If a new manager comes in I don't think we would see a huge improvement without a top bracket striker to go with him.

Louis put all his eggs in the Rooney basket and that's ultimately led to the woes up front.

Just to add to that, I thought Chelsea were not as bad as they have been all season. Hazard and Matic in particular looked to have played like new signings for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also. Fans who wore those Mourinho scarves are a disgrace and an embarrassment to themselves and proper United supporters.

Some people actually wore them? Wow. Honestly didn't think anyone would, spelling error notwithstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nalz wrote: »
    Jesus that's very harsh on Rooney.

No it's not, he was as brutal as usual. He would be getting hammered in the media non stop if he were not "one time England wonder-boy Wayne Rooney", and was some Spanish/Dutch/German fella instead. He's a joke and has been for a long time, but gets given the MOTM award for standard crap like today, and excuses made for his dirty play near the end that never would be for others. He is, and for a long time has been, a disgrace.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to add to that, I thought Chelsea were not as bad as they have been all season. Hazard and Matic in particular looked to have played like new signings for them.

If that was a good performance from Hazard today, I'd hate to have seen what was classified as bad ones this season. Thought he was utter dirt and one of the worst players on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Liverpool fan speaking from behind enemy lines here, but just want to say that whatever you think about Van Gaal and his tactics and United's **** form, fans wearing Mourinho scarves is awful to see, especially as he's only ever been associated with that dirty club from London.

The press are also being overly harsh on Van Gaal and he has every right to be pissed off at them after the utter garbage they've written about his future and Jose or Giggs being lined up to replace him immediately.

It's great to see United playing poor at the moment, but it's never nice to see a man bullied out of his job, even a United manager.

• Advertisement

I thought Rooney played well for most of the game and I'd be one of his harsher critics. He did slow down in the latter part of the game but he hasn't been playing with that intensity for a while and it would be understandable if he tired. Huge improvement from him in any case.

He ran around missed a few sitters and should of got sent off -not his best day.

Hoddle listening to voices in his head again with the man of match award.

Jose is a cheat and an asshole -hopefully madrid snap him up-having him on the line and putting up with his bull**** is unacceptable to most utd fans.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If that was a good performance from Hazard today, I'd hate to have seen what was classified as bad ones this season. Thought he was utter dirt and one of the worst players on the pitch.

He looked to be trying for the first time in a long time. United had to resort to tactically fouling him all game. He was the player I feared most in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The clubs in a mess and we want to be outraged by a hawker selling stupid scarves?

Liverpool fan speaking from behind enemy lines here, but just want to say that whatever you think about Van Gaal and his tactics and United's **** form, fans wearing Mourinho scarves is awful to see, especially as he's only ever been associated with that dirty club from London.

The press are also being overly harsh to Van Gaal and he has every right to be pissed off at them after the utter garbage they've written about his future and Jose or Giggs being lined up to replace him immediately.

Great to see United playing poor at the moment, but it's never nice to see a man bullied out of his job, even a United manager.

+1 for Jose

Swansea next, but we always lose to Swansea, well it feels that way....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Pep doesn't strike me as someone that would sign up for a job where there is no decision in place regarding the current managers tenure.

He has always struck me as quite a classy individual and something like that would be a bit classless.

Of course this is based on nothing but my own musing.

If I was to imagine for a moment that Pep had set his sights on the United job (which I don't believe), then " Everything remains a possibility, including a sabbatical year" fits with what you're saying. End of the season if Van Gaal is sacked / resigns, sabbatical year if he manages to see out his contract would mean he avoids stepping on any toes.

I am convinced if he goes to England it will be to City though. It's the sensible choice, taking my own red goggles off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

RobertKK wrote: »
    I think the plan for the future post Van Gaal, whenever that is, doesn't include Mourinho.
    Given what Pep's agent said, including no deal done with City, waiting two or three months before deciding and maybe a sabbatical.
    If United want Pep, then maybe they are not in a hurry to get rid of Van Gaal, as they don't want Mourinho?

Thankfully I think Mourinho is out. Surely LVG would have been sacked last week if the club wanted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

More me ah. The only thing is if it means getting pep in At the end of the season then its irrelevant if hes sacked or not. Giggs will do no better.
    How he leaves Schneiderlin and Herrera out of the team is baffling. By far our two best middle of the park players
    It looked a better performance but once again de Gea made a couple of top class saves and matic missed the best chance of the game.
    We are going to be in a dog fight with Leicester spurs and the scouse for top four. Can see city and arsenal pulling away.
    Progress on Moyes??? Regression IMO if we Dont make top 4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thankfully I think Mourinho is out. Surely LVG would have been sacked last week if the club wanted him.

My main hope is that the idea that we were spinning wheels until after the Chelsea game so Jose didn't have to deal with that.

But **** me if that post-match interview hasn't left me feeling horrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

played well today, rooney should have stuck his head on jacksons cross would have scored. depay was shocking again when he came on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I honestly don't know what's going on. Reports last week suggested he had the Stoke and Chelsea games to save his job. From those games, we have 1 point and 0 goals.

And seemingly no movement at all. He actually seems to have more confidence now.

This is just bizarre. I have no confidence in anyone at this club now, at any level. The only consistency we have is from a goalkeeper who tried his best to leave a few months ago.

The club is a shambles currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    played well today, rooney should have stuck his head on jacksons cross would have scored. depay was shocking again when he came on

Fellaini couldn't even sit on the bench right! It was his fault we didn't win

FYP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The decision needs to be made in the coming days, a new manager and a chance to buy a few players in January and top 4 is well on

If Van Gaal fcuks up this window then we'll have no 4th, no CL next season, and Dave on his bike to Madrid (which may happen either way but more likely if we miss out on CL imo)

There's no point letting him go on, letting him buy more underperformers and then sacking him near the end of January when all hope is lost

I honestly don't know what's going on. Reports last week suggested he had the Stoke and Chelsea games to save his job. From those games, we have 1 point and 0 goals.

And seemingly no movement at all. He actually seems to have more confidence now.

Ya its just crazy the club coming out and saying he had the two games and now nothing is done how can our club be so hypocritical. Its almost like those reports were made up to pay for a few journos christmas turkeys.

I thought everyone agreed that the fax machine cock-up/ruse was a stay of execution and that De Gea to Madrid was inevitable unless we won serious silverware with the promise of more to come.

David De Gea is gone in the summer, at this stage folks.

I thought everyone agreed that the fax machine cock-up/ruse was a stay of execution and that De Gea to Madrid was inevitable unless we won serious silverware with the promise of more to come.

David De Gea is gone in the summer, at this stage folks.

We need to do what Fergie did in 1995 in January, when he signed Andy Cole. Which came as a shock at the time. Sign one of the top strikers in the league, someone who takes their chance, at the moment that would be someone like Lukaku, Ighalo or Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Wahey!

CXV2X1ZW8AA1bMo.jpg:large

Would I be right in saying this has never happened in PL history?

Shocking. Yet our CE still sees nothing wrong.

United's next game is on Setanta next Saturday at 3pm against Swansea.

Given we always lose to them, probably means we win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Thought CBJ did well today.

I think were stuck with Van Gael, so ill just be crossing my fingers he's seen the light with regards to Ander and Morgan.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    We need to do what Fergie did in 1995 in January, when he signed Andy Cole. Which came as a shock at the time. Sign one of the top strikers in the league, someone who takes their chance, at the moment that would be someone like Lukaku, Ighalo or Kane.

There must be some commercial pressure to keep 'England captain and star striker' Wayne Rooney so forget chasing unicorns like Neymar and just buy Harry Kane whatever the cost. It'll be one problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

The decision needs to be made in the coming days, a new manager and a chance to buy a few players in January and top 4 is well on

If Van Gaal fcuks up this window then we'll have no 4th, no CL next season, and Dave on his bike to Madrid (which may happen either way but more likely if we miss out on CL imo)

There's no point letting him go on, letting him buy more underperformers and then sacking him near the end of January when all hope is lost
    What if the right manager is unavailable at the moment??. I wouldn't giving an interim manager [ giggs] much money to spenfd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ya its just crazy the club coming out and saying he had the two games and now nothing is done how can our club be so hypocritical. Its almost like those reports were made up to pay for a few journos christmas turkeys.

We should hope those reports were true, because if we weren't considering his future after the Norwich game and we still aren't now, then that's far worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Problem is two-fold

1. No striker who stays in the box where he's supposed to be, and is there to finish. Like say RVP,
    Damning praise on Rooney if he is dropping deep working hard, when the team can't score.
    Although he's limited, at least Fellaini when picked upfront is generally in the opposition box and has scored a few goals.
    Wilson should be recalled

2. No goals coming from midfield, and for a team who spend a lot of time at the edge of the opposition box, the shooting is just appalling.
    Schweini, Carrick, Herrera, Depay, Schneiderlin, Lingaard are big culprits. Other teams seem to at least get the odd one on target.
    I know scoring from 25 yards isn't an easy chance, but especially against weak opposition United get up to 10 of them a game, case in point West Ham game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Problem is two-fold

1. No striker who stays in the box where he's supposed to be, and is there to finish. Like say RVP,
    Damning praise on Rooney if he is dropping deep working hard, when the team can't score.
    Although he's limited, at least Fellaini when picked upfront is generally in the opposition box and has scored a few goals.
    Wilson should be recalled

2. No goals coming from midfield, and for a team who spend a lot of time at the edge of the opposition box, the shooting is just appalling.
    Schweini, Carrick, Herrera, Depay, Schneiderlin, Lingaard are big culprits. Other teams seem to at least get the odd one on target.
    I know scoring from 25 yards isn't an easy chance, but especially against weak opposition United get up to 10 of them a game, case in point West Ham game.

Rooney hasn't taken a shot like that since "that Newcastle" goal

If Wilson was still there he wouldn't be getting a sniff of the action and rightly so. If him and Fellaini are sitting on the bench and you need a goal, it's Fellaini every time for me going on how they have performed for United so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

If Wilson was still there he wouldn't be getting a sniff of the action and rightly so. If him and Fellaini are sitting on the bench and you need a goal, it's Fellaini every time for me going on how they have performed for United so far.

Have to disagree. How many chances has Fellaini missed in recent games. Defo would have Wilson in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Ibrarnautovic would have been an interesting signing were Fergie still in charge.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Have to disagree. How many chances has Fellaini missed in recent games. Defo would have Wilson in there!

Wilson looks every bit the boy against men when he has played. Fellaini offers you something, it's an easy choice for me anyway. I say leave him where he is and let him get the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Canadel wrote: »
    Ibrarnautovic would have been an interesting signing were Fergie still in charge.

who?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement