Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

astradave wrote: »
    Jaysus there is some amount of us with no lives!

No, we all have lovely warm homes and Hootenanny is much better than going out for overpriced hyped up events.
    Had a party of one here this night, and we have eachother :D

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hard to know anderson is the only person been linked so unless there is a surprise

Sport Witness say the Italian papers got it from a British paper and there is no substance to the rumour.

Not heading out till Saturday myself, let the heads roll tonight and tomorrow!

Anyone reckon we will sign someone in the first week of the Transfer window.

I asked Santa for a surprise...

Hard to know anderson is the only person been linked so unless there is a surprise

Sure why would we sign him after only letting him go :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sport Witness say the Italian papers got it from a British paper and there is no substance to the rumour.

The British rags are quoting the Italian rags who are quoting the British rags :pac: probably getting absolutely nothing from anyone at the club so are going back on old links..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sure why would we sign him after only letting him go :pac:

I thought I already explained this to you hahahaha....... Domino's pizza in Manchester need a bit of a business boost so he is coming back from Brazil.

I wonder how is he getting on down there actually last I heard he was on an oxygen mask after running for half an hour. Poor pet.

RobertKK wrote: »

It didn't seem most likely in fairness, just doesn't seem like the right signing now at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Speaking of Anderson, his current manager has a name that can't be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im not sure im happy with LVG planning to blow millions in the transfer window.

Better to put Rooney on the market and buy a new striker

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh. Woke up this morning all happy cause I thought today was football day :(

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Same.. It usually is though isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did the exact same :'(

Isco handing in a T.R. would be great news. Sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,641 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

A good January transfer window will make me alot more confident for the rest of the season but I just have a feeling we wont be getting anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,855 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anyone have the latest team news for tomorrow ? Any fresh injuries or anyone coming back ? Rojo etc ? Missed the press conference but there seems to be feck all team news on the usual sites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Arsenal have had squads good enough to win plenty of leagues since they last won it yet they haven't. It's easy to lose that ruthlessness

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A 1-0 vs Swansea would get the year off to a great start.

Arsenal have had squads good enough to win plenty of leagues since they last won it yet they haven't. It's easy to lose that ruthlessness

They have been here many times over the past 12 years since the invincible only time will tell be every other time they have fallen away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

They have been here many times over the past 12 years since the invincible only time will tell be every other time they have fallen away.

To be honest it's only been twice as far as I can remember. Most years Arsenal are stronger in second half of season.

Felipe Anderson, a player who needs to break quickly against an unorganised defence

Let's spend 35 million on him and send him out there with wall of defenders in front of him, sure what could go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Felipe Anderson, a player who needs to break quickly against an unorganised defence

Let's spend 35 million on him and send him out there with wall of defenders in front of him, sure what could go wrong?

A player going through a bad patch, not scoring and not assisisting.

Made for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

FutureGuy wrote:
    A 1-0 vs Swansea would get the year off to a great start.

Indeed! I would take 1-0 victories in every match for the rest of the season.

A lot of problems at United at the moment, the style of play is not good, when it comes to the bad form, we can't seem to shake it off, when we end a match and look to where we should have goals, all we see is a blank space, we are playing our bogey team tomorrow so no sign we are out of the woods yet, there is bad blood between Van Gaal and the media and even in our wildest dreams it is hard to see who is available to sign this month to help change things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

No January striker swoop with Keane coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No January striker swoop with Keane coming back.

I wonder why he has been recalled - he isn't anywhere near the goalscorer Wilson is. Wilson is also quicker, has quicker feet and just all round a better player.

If he wanted to bring a player back to aid the squad - then Keane over Wilson is stupid and loaning Wilson out in the first place creating the need to being Keane back is equally stupid.

The injury Keane had a couple of years back that had him out for the season really set him back a long way, imo. Not only did he not kick on during what would be a key season (imo) but he has actually gone backwards.

Headshot wrote: »
    A good January transfer window will make me alot more confident for the rest of the season but I just have a feeling we wont be getting anyone

Getting rid of LVG and a good January window would increase my confidence - I don't think either will happen.

• Advertisement

I wonder why he has been recalled - he isn't anywhere near the goalscorer Wilson is. Wilson is also quicker, has quicker feet and just all round a better player.

What I read is that he requested to return; that he wasn't particularly shining at the other team who were struggling to provide him chances.....a bit the same as we are now, I guess.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear he's going to be off with another team soon enough or just playing with the u21s. Don't think it was a case of LVG calling him back cause he feels he might get into the first team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What I read is that he requested to return; that he wasn't particularly shining at the other team who were struggling to provide him chances.....a bit the same as we are now, I guess.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear he's going to be off with another team soon enough or just playing with the u21s. Don't think it was a case of LVG calling him back cause he feels he might get into the first team.

This suggests otherwise.

http://ind.pn/1mUBBM9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

If he wanted to bring a player back to aid the squad - then Keane over Wilson is stupid and loaning Wilson out in the first place creating the need to being Keane back is equally stupid.

The injury Keane had a couple of years back that had him out for the season really set him back a long way, imo. Not only did he not kick on during what would be a key season (imo) but he has actually gone backwards.

See I just don't get this - Wilson has done nothing to suggest to me he'll be nothing but another Danny Wellbeck. I know he's young but in the games he's played he's looked pretty ordinary to me - just don't get the Wilson love on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

This suggests otherwise.

That's the Preston managers words - not Uniteds. He's hardly going to come out with "he hated it here. We're s***e"

Coat22 wrote: »
    See I just don't get this - Wilson has done nothing to suggest to me he'll be nothing but another Danny Wellbeck. I know he's young but in the games he's played he's looked pretty ordinary to me - just don't get the Wilson love on here

I agree he hasn't looked anywhere as good as wellbeck did as a teenager and early 20s. When i seen Wilson make his debut under Giggs I thought he would push on but he simply hasn't shined in his games.

• Advertisement

Watching the Brighton game and Wilson looks like he had a beer or 10 last night

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/682943747513028609

**** me, if thats the result of a night out last night, it's the height of unprofessionalism.

**** me, if thats the result of a night out last night, it's the height of unprofessionalism.

From Sky Sports:
    16: Wilson still looks to be feeling the effects of the illness he suffered in recent weeks. It shows the plight Brighton are having in front of goal if they are turning to Wilson despite not being fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'd really doubt its more than "bantz".

From Sky Sports:

Fair enough. I'd question any manager who decides to play someone who is literally throwing up on the pitch though.

Fair enough. I'd question any manager who decides to play someone who is literally throwing up on the pitch though.

Id be the same, in fairness he seems to have shook that off and has been Brighton's most threatening player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

This suggests otherwise.

So the answer to our problems is to bring back a lad who had 2 goals in 23 games in the championship.

You couldn't make it up. This could mean no striker is coming in but if not. It once again highlights just how poor our planning and squad management is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So the answer to our problems is to bring back a lad who had 2 goals in 23 games in the championship.

You couldn't make it up. This could mean no striker is coming in but if not. It once again highlights just how poor our planning and squad management is.

Do you think it *probable* that Keane is seen as a serious option for first team football at United this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Sand wrote: »
    Do you think it *probable* that Keane is seen as a serious option for first team football at United this season?

Of course he doesn't, any excuse though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Will Keane has been recalled? I'm outraged.

Woodward out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Complete joke shop tbh getting really embarrassing now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

v3ttel wrote: »
    Will Keane has been recalled? I'm outraged.

Woodward out.

People won't get the sarcasm without the smilies you know :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Complete joke shop tbh getting really embarrassing now.

Some people really, really are very embarrassing actually! Even valid points often get lost in the midst of the ridiculous melodrama and need to latch on to anything to fire shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What's wrong with having him as a bench option when we go to play in the Europa League and want to rest Martial?

Oh, that's right, nothing at all.

Still, rabble rabble.

Poe's Law is in full effect on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sarcasm? :)

better?

Sand wrote: »

Number of strikers at United now: 3.

Any striker at the club, around the first team, is a serious options for the first team this season, such is the lack of depth LVG has created

What's wrong with having him as a bench option when we go to play in the Europa League and want to rest Martial?

Oh, that's right, nothing at all.

Still, rabble rabble.
    He is not very good, at all. That is the problem. That we MIGHT be looking to rely on Will Keane to answer our striking problems (much as we asked of Powell, for a week) is an indictment of the squad.

Manchester Evening News are running a survey asking people what players they want to see United keep and which they want to sell.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-january-2016-10671470

Felaini is the only player in the "Sell Him" camp right now, though Rooney is the next closest.

• Advertisement

Manchester Evening News are running a survey asking people what players they want to see United keep and which they want to sell.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-january-2016-10671470

Felaini is the only player in the "Sell Him" camp right now, though Rooney is the next closest.

Bangkok has obviously been furiously voting and hitting F5 over and over for the last 10 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement