Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Very enjoyable game. Spurs better side, but Everton look dangerous also..

Should be more goals.

My word what a goal from Spurs.

Brilliant game this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My word what a goal from Spurs.

Brilliant game this is.

Ya super goal. They been excellent like you said..

Very enjoyable to watch. Hit post and crossbar too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You not got anything better to do with your spare time apart from trying to be the big man on an internet forum?

Coming from you, that is bloody hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

You are giving him far too much credit. You've already said he got a lot of criticism, all I am saying is that it was justified for his first three seasons.

He got 5 goals in one game which made his early stats look better. Reality is however he had a lot of costly misses and it stuck with him for 3 years.

Around 1996 he was more had more pity at him than abuse, things got so bad

There's truth in what you're saying but it only highlights how the standards have slipped. He'd be a god in his worst form now.

While lesser mortals masquerade as Utd strikers Andrew Cole's record is above scrutiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lol, so I'm not allowed to base anything on how spurs have been playing this season, only 12 minutes? They are at the moment, one of best footballing teams in the league, doesn't Matter whether they are first , fourth or twentieth, their set up is fantastic and great to watch.

Now I don't know why you even needed to reply to me on such a trivial issue but you've got form for this and it appears Youre f*cling obsessed with me, it's quite funny though a little bit sad actually.

You not got anything better to do with your spare time apart from trying to be the big man on an internet forum?

I agree with him haha

:)

:D

Yeah!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That is a goal and a half by Alli. He's some talent.

Saw on Reddit that he actually played for MK Dons when they beat us 4-0 last year. Shame none of our scouts took notice then because he looks ridiculously good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Everybody knew about Alli last season.

I'm sure he had lots of offers but made the smart choice moving to spurts for first team football.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw on Reddit that he actually played for MK Dons when they beat us 4-0 last year. Shame none of our scouts took notice then because he looks ridiculously good.

Don't know if we were ever in for him but other clubs apparently were offered him and they didn't think he was worth the £5m.

Smashing player, the technique for the goal was incredible.

This game could go either way, spurs should be out of sight but Everton look dangerous. One of the best games I've seen in a long time,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »
    What do you think I said was untrue

Quote: Korat What Pep thing?

I haven't heard a rumour yet but LVG's sudden bravado about his short-term job security would suggest he's been told Mourinho isn't coming in, and that would only be believable if he was told who was going to replace him and when. Guardiola agreed in the summer ticks all conspiracy boxes for me. 

That's not true

• Advertisement

Good result for us, keeps us in touch.

Savage game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I can only speak from the one game this season, but they do talk and interact at what I would describe as a normal amount :)

From what I have seen on tv that is also the way, the other assistant is Albert Stuivenburg ;)

I thought that lad he's always chatting with was Hoek :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

J. Marston wrote: »

Think he was motm in the same game. Our scouts would want a kick up the rear end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Robson99 wrote: »
    Think he was motm in the same game. Our scouts would want a kick up the rear end

You're right, after Nick Powell was so successful I don't know why they're not signing every 18 year old centre mid in the football league.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Quote: Korat What Pep thing?

I haven't heard a rumour yet but LVG's sudden bravado about his short-term job security would suggest he's been told Mourinho isn't coming in, and that would only be believable if he was told who was going to replace him and when. Guardiola agreed in the summer ticks all conspiracy boxes for me. 

That's not true

You've removed the bolding I put on one part of Korat's post. I wasn't saying the entire thing wasn't true, I was saying the part I bolded wasn't true.

This is the bit I bolded:
    "and that would only be believable if he was told who was going to replace him and when"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

v3ttel wrote: »
    The game was 12 mins in when you posted that.

The score was 0-0.

Spurs are 4th in the league.

Now, grasp each one of those statements individually, then look at them all collectively and finally, review your comparison to "United of old".

Also, as a kicker for bullsh*t comparisons, the current United were three goals better off at this stage away to Everton this season.

CommonMagnificentEastrussiancoursinghounds.gif

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    You're right, after Nick Powell was so successful I don't know why they're not signing every 18 year old centre mid in the football league.

When a player from a club like mk dons gets motm against Manchester United you watch him closely!!!!, oh wait I guess you would rather go out and throw 30mil to Everton for Fellani. Oh I see where you are coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

When a player from a club like mk dons gets motm against Manchester United you watch him closely!!!!, oh wait I guess you would rather go out and throw 30mil to Everton for Fellani. Oh I see where you are coming from

Well fellani has got motm against United too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Neville brothers versus Ronaldo starting on Sky Sports 3.

Lots of players got man of the match when playing against United in recent years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

RobertKK wrote: »
    Lots of players got man of the match when playing against United in recent years...

Sign them all!!!

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    Well fellani has got motm against United too.

Read the first 9 or 10 words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

When a player from a club like mk dons gets motm against Manchester United you watch him closely!!!!

This is silly logic and I can guarantee you there would be more moaning in here about signing a player from MK Dons than there would be people happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Zaha tore us apart in the league cup playing at Old Trafford, IIRC he was just a teenager at that time and Crystal Palace were just a championship team.

Also Dele Alli was hyped much before ManUtd game, we can't sign every good prospect in the country.

Ibrahimovic's agent indicating that he will likely leave PSG in the summer as a free agent

PLLLLEEEEAASSEEEE ED...PLEASSSEEEEEE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't know if he is what we need, but **** me, I'd love to see him in a United shirt.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't know if he is what we need, but **** me, I'd love to see him in a United shirt.

It's Zlatan

That is all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Crazy game on SS3.

Hope Neville can get the win and get one over on Rafa "facts" Benitez

Would instantly buy an ibra jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If they were considering Mourinho he would surely be in the job by now, Giggs will replace Van Gaal if he's sacked between now and May

Pep in the summer has to be the way to go, Giggs getting the job permanently would be another season written off when he is eventually sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't stand Ibrahimovic and all the meme-y bullshít that surrounds him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If they were considering Mourinho he would surely be in the job by now, Giggs will replace Van Gaal if he's sacked between now and May

Pep in the summer has to be the way to go, Giggs getting the job permanently would be another season written off when he is eventually sacked.

Jose will go to Real.
    Pep will be at City.
    We will be stuck with Giggs

:(

Pep won't come to us when City offer money, a better team and probably CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We will not be stuck with Giggs. I predict these things you see.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jose will go to Real.
    Pep will be at City.

Pep won't come to us when City offer money, a better team and probably CL football.

Maybe,just maybe Pep is coming to United and that is the sole reason LVG wasn't sacked after that string of results.The club felt he got us into the mess but he could get us out of it and throwing Giggs in there midseason would be a disaster altogether.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Crazy game on SS3.

Hope Neville can get the win and get one over on Rafa "facts" Benitez

It would be like a ghost from United coming back to haunt Benitez if Gary Neville ends up getting Rafa sacked.

It was a good game, but a 2-2 draw is the last thing Rafa needed.

We beat Swansea, Anderson (Hibs fan may I add) wins PDC, and Dolphins Stuff those Patriots.

It's my year :)

Oh and I'm off work tomorrow. Woop woop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Jose will go to Real.
    Pep will be at City.

Who wins the league... do we make CL. ?

Let's go boozing,I'm off too.Gotta love the Bank Holiday carrying over.:D

zerks wrote: »
    Let's go boozing,I'm off too.Gotta love the Bank Holiday carrying over.:D

Ah its great. Tbf I was working 6am Stephens day and only got Friday to Monday off, but having pizza beer and watching Sport tonight is nice for change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jose will go to Real.
    Pep will be at City.

If Giggs is next I don't think rival fans could have hoped for a better trio to come after Fergie, it's as if we are trying to intentionally run the club into the ground on the football front

Half of our revenue comes from the commercial side of things and I wonder how long mediocrity can last before that starts to take a hit. Surely brands want to be associated with the best and overseas fans will want to follow winners. I'm not saying it will fall off a cliff, but what if the likes of City, Arsenal Chelsea catch up and then our edge is gone, we no longer have success, no longer financial superiority, what do we have, history? How has that worked out for Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Are we going to wait until midnight on final day to pay 15m over the asking price for a player or does anyone think we may buy someone early this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We beat Swansea, Anderson (Hibs fan may I add) wins PDC, and Dolphins Stuff those Patriots.

It's my year :)

I am disappoint. :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Are we going to wait until midnight on final day to pay 15m over the asking price for a player or does anyone think we may buy someone early this year

Sky sports are saying we are very close to signing that fellipe anderson chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I am disappoint. :(

Hey I'm an eagles fan, not been a good year for us, ye will still beat the broncos,

Back on topic, would anyone be worried about signing mane after the incident with koeman , also is the isco stories are true I'd love to sign him

Mane,Felipe Anderson,Marquinhos and Woody wants to go crazy and pay the €190 million buy out clause for Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sky sports are saying we are very close to signing that fellipe anderson chap.

You got a link to this? haven't seen much about him being linked except in the tabloids

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Mane,Felipe Anderson,Marquinhos and Woody wants to go crazy and pay the €190 million buy out clause for Neymar.

Don't forget James for 60m :D

Hococop wrote: »
    Hey I'm an eagles fan, not been a good year for us, ye will still beat the broncos,

Back on topic, would anyone be worried about signing mane after the incident with koeman , also is the isco stories are true I'd love to sign him

Didn't play again tonight, Benitez is ****ing him around. He has played 12 minutes in the last 6 matches. Ballague says Madrid won't sell him in January though and by the summer id say Rafa will be gone and he will stay there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I some times find it hard to understand utd transfer planning. Anderson has been awful this season and plays mostly on the left, the same position Depay normally plays so wouldn't that suggest utd are giving up on Depay.

Utd and transfer windows are recipe for disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Headshot wrote: »
    I some times find it hard to understand utd transfer planning. Anderson has been awful this season and plays mostly on the left, the same position Depay normally plays so wouldn't that suggest utd are giving up on Depay.

We have yet to buy a decent Anderson...even counting Viv....eventually replaced by the great Dinny Irwin....

Headshot wrote: »

Imo i think we would look more at playing Anderson through the middle if he was bought, though I agree he has been absolutely pisspoor this season. I would prefer us to go for a more natural No.10 and a right sided player than spunking 30m on Anderson.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement