Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

beno619 wrote: »
    Fellaini at #10 is a good thing, he can concentrate on attacking.

When LVG plays him in midfield he seems to also be instructed to move high up the pitch to provide a target which in turn leaves his partner in midfield isolated and the defence exposed.

Herrera at 10 is the better option for good link up play but your most likely right and it will be the big man at 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nothing changes for me regardless of next two games. Van gaal has to go.

• Finally, Smalling and Jones as cbs

Think carrick selection to allow some runners inbehind defence

It looks to me lvg is adjusting and that side looks a llittle bit more attack minded

Big game for Herrera today

Rooney getting dropped is a good thing and may be the slap in the head that spurs him on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Has everyone forgotten that we have a game again on Monday? I don't think Rooney has been dropped. He has just been kept for the Chelsea game IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Has everyone forgotten that we have a game again on Monday? I don't think Rooney has been dropped. He has just been kept for the Chelsea game IMO.

Would agree if there was any other first teamers rested, but by the looks of it, thats the strongest team he could have put out, with the exception of Rooney and Schnederlin, who he seems not to want to play anyway :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah good, Jones is back... How long will it take to get himself injured this time? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So a must win game and LVG suddenly thrusts (&trusts ) Herrera after ignoring him. If Herrera doesn't provide the magic people will say its a bad call but you can't really expect him just to turn it on.

Rooney has had 4 months of terrible performances and only now does LVG see it.

Better late than never, and glad he's taken the decision, but won't be blaming Herrera if it doesn't work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Nothing changes for me regardless of next two games. Van gaal has to go.

Good you have made your mind up, the next few weeks are important for him, I dont think two games will make make anyone change their opinion unless we are on the end of two hammerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would agree if there was any other first teamers rested, but by the looks of it, thats the strongest team he could have put out, with the exception of Rooney and Schnederlin, who he seems not to want to play anyway :/

I think it's too big a game for him to chance resting his form players as well. I think Rooney has definitely been dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Still think the Stoke game is bigger at this point.. if he loses today he's gone full stop.. he will lose the last of his backers. He knows that too.. Rooney seems to be the only one "rested" so I reckon he was dropped..

Oh btw the lads were wondering where their pics are :pac:

• Advertisement

LvG has no business resting players here, his job is on the line. He has to win this match today.

Lord TSC wrote: »

We have a thin squad in fairness. Rooney probably won't last 2 games in 74 hours and neither will Carrick. I think Rooney will come in and so will Schneiderlin against Chelsea. Is Schweinsteiger back on Monday? Wouldn't be surprised to see Herrera dropped on Monday and Schweiny back in if he is.

• Leroy42 wrote: »
    So a must win game and LVG suddenly thrusts (&trusts ) Herrera after ignoring him. If Herrera doesn't provide the magic people will say its a bad call but you can't really expect him just to turn it on.

Rooney has had 4 months of terrible performances and only now does LVG see it.

Better late than never, and glad he's taken the decision, but won't be blaming Herrera if it doesn't work

If Herrera is as good as people say he is then yes I expect him to turn it on

Given a chance, if he does well he certs himself for the Chelsea game

astradave wrote: »
    Still think the Stoke game is bigger at this point.. if he loses today he's gone full stop.. he will lose the last of his backers. He knows that too.. Rooney seems to be the only one "rested" so I reckon he was dropped..

Oh btw the lads were wondering where their pics are :pac:

I'm wearing my Xmas jumper today. They MIGHT get lucky on Monday.

EDIT: If United win today, I'll post a pic on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bookmarked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

This is more exciting than any United performance to this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BenK wrote: »
    I think it's too big a game for him to chance resting his form players as well. I think Rooney has definitely been dropped.

What form players? I dont think we have any.

Id make an exception for martial. to score in this setup at such a young age he is doing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    If Herrera is as good as people say he is then yes I expect him to turn it on

Given a chance, if he does well he certs himself for the Chelsea game

And even if he doesn't he should be allowed to play his way back into form.

What do people make of rooneys body language?

See yis on the other side in the core reactor for this week's meltdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

another nail in the coffin im afraid to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Good afternoon folks. Hope you all had a great day yesterday.

He has to go, for the good of club and getting CL football again. He has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

God we are absolute muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That's him gone I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Think that's that not a chance this team can come back.

Memphis has been a disaster today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Headshot wrote: »

Yeah, Depay needs to be sold.

Our lads looking like they are playing football for the first time. Stoke are good but United can't string two passes together, can't even ground/settle the ball to get some passes going.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Was just looking on oddschecker and a few bookies seem to have suspended betting on lvg being the next manager sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Guys, are we not meant to stay away from commenting on the match, isn't that what the match thread is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't like to see this happening to United as I always admired their strength and resilience but some of those players are letting down their club. It all can't be laid at LVG's door. This is going to be hard to fix.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, Depay needs to be sold.

Your going over board now.

He is still young and in a new league/country. He needs time and I dont think LVG is helping by sucking all the confidence out of the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The players have given up; stopped fighting.

He's done.

José will be in by New Year's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hococop wrote: »
    That's him gone I'd say

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up 5-2 4-2 or something like that. Can see us scoring ane conceding again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Headshot wrote: »

The fact that this is what we are aiming toward again is an indictment in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm not even getting annoyed any more.

Sad state of affairs when this is expected.

I agree the players have given up on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Who was the notetaker in the stand?

Chagan wrote: »
    The fact that this is what we are aiming toward again is an indictment in itself.

Yap its said state of affairs unfortunately.

I saw it coming after the summer transfer window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

That's a disgrace from Martial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Well that's the final nail in the coffin for me. Everything is just terrible at the minute. I think a lot of these players will be sold too. I think we're in a worse position now than we were under Moyes as a lot of these players have underperformed consecutively under two managers. The league position may be better but I don't think the squad is that much better. We can blame LVG for a lot of this mess but a lot of these players aren't fit to wear the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

SlickRic wrote: »
    The players have given up; stopped fighting.

He's done.

José will be in by New Year's Day.

Jose will be a disastrous appointment again in a years time we will all be here again. There's a reason he falls out with nearly every team he's managed.

It's just a worrying time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Woodward out.

adox wrote: »
    I'm not even getting annoyed any more.

Sad state of affairs when this is expected.

I agree the players have given up on him.

Have they? They never really started playing to give up. Outside of Smalling, Schneiderlin and Martial everyone else varies from pathetic to just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

sky88 wrote: »
    Jose will be a disastrous appointment again in a years time we will all be here again. There's a reason he falls out with nearly every team he's managed.

Difference being he usually wins silverware before he leaves.

The state the club is in at the moment, I find it unbelievable that people don't think Mourhino would be a good appointment. Needs must and all that.

Yeah it's particularly worrying seeing so many fans pining for what would be such a toxic appointment. The only hope you could have for Jose is that he really has learned massive lessons from Real Madrid and Chelsea but he always blames everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Just keeps going downhill, performances and results are getting worse, morale in the team and fans is miserable. We need a change in management and pray that we can stop the slide. Depay and martial have the ability but at the moment for whatever reason they are not showing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

i wonder did Fellaini finish his dinner yesterday?!

But that isnt really fair on Jose.

Inter players adored Jose and id be surprised of Porto players didnt feel the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Toxic football who or what can fix this mess?

Is Cathy board of Alex hanging around the gaff yet?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement