Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

bangkok wrote: »
    Imagine van gaal was leaving in the summer and he was talking about managing in spain etc many a united fan wouldnt be happy (actually they probably would be because he has been crap so far)

Talking is ok under the circumstances, it's not like he's posing for photos with another team's scarf on, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Headshot wrote: »
    Pep wont be going near utd I reckon

Look at it this way, and instead of United and Manchester, look to Madrid.
    Atletico are doing better than Real at present, and have some very fine players as does Real Madrid.
    But it is Real Madrid that has that extra special thing that Atletico lacks, a great history, far more fans and is viewed as one of the big four clubs in Europe in terms of prestige.

Man City has the same problem as Atletico apart from far more money.
    It doesn't have the same worldwide appeal as United, it lacks a history that inspires and the United job is far more high profile than the City job.

I just can't see City being the job that fills all the criteria, he can have lots of money at United to spend, combined with the biggest fan base and the biggest management job in the EPL.
    I think that is why he managed Bayern, he wanted to manage the best, the best being - most supported team, highest profile team with a great history and it has been superb for his own profile.

There has been claims that people close to him are saying he wants the United job. Woodward wants the club to go Galactico, well Pep is the management version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Don't like the way Pep is going on while he is still the Bayern manager. not classy at all. If I was a Bayern fan I don't think I would be too happy.

It does look a bit mad, but tbf Bayern is a bit of a mad club. The directors mouth off about the managers and players all the time. And iirc, one of them spoke of Bayern carrying on with or without Pep, months before Pep said he was leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The club have already announced the replacement. As far as I'm concerned, that's the club giving him the ok to talk about his future.

I think the way it happened was fine. He was very clear in rejecting questions about it, made a comment that an announcement was pending.

conversation occured with the CEO and once they got all their ducks in a line it was announced. His departure announced and confirmed, and high profile replacement announced.

If anything, it was another masterclass from Bayern on how to run an elite football club. The disappointment potentially felt from fans was immediately replaced with something to look forward to. Much like they did with Heynckes before him(although from memory, don't think Heynckes was happy about it, but in retrospect the club made the right decision I think in how they managed it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Look at it this way, and instead of United and Manchester, look to Madrid.
    Atletico are doing better than Real at present, and have some very fine players as does Real Madrid.
    But it is Real Madrid that has that extra special thing that Atletico lacks, a great history, far more fans and is viewed as one of the big four clubs in Europe in terms of prestige.

Man City has the same problem as Atletico apart from far more money.
    It doesn't have the same worldwide appeal as United, it lacks a history that inspires and the United job is far more high profile than the City job.

I just can't see City being the job that fills all the criteria, he can have lots of money at United to spend, combined with the biggest fan base and the biggest management job in the EPL.
    I think that is why he managed Bayern, he wanted to manage the best, the best being - most supported team, highest profile team with a great history and it has been superb for his own profile.

There has been claims that people close to him are saying he wants the United job. Woodward wants the club to go Galactico, well Pep is the management version.

City have owners that are actively looking to build a footballing dynasty. Several (owned) satalite clubs. They have just built an AMAZING training and academy structure. their academy coaching and setup is very well respected. They have some proper star players and have been pushing for Pep for years.

United are falling way behind City in terms of football structures - and are relying on their name so much now, more so than any tangible reasons. We have history, money and commercial sponsors - but its becoming a very poor football club. I would be surprised if any manager wasn't at least concerned by the state of United, or attracted by the project City are executing very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pro. F wrote: »
    It does look a bit mad, but tbf Bayern is a bit of a mad club. The directors mouth off about the managers and players all the time. And iirc, one of them spoke of Bayern carrying on with or without Pep, months before Pep said he was leaving.

yep and ex players that have little or nothing to do with the club now say some mad stuff in the media as well.

also, didn't Pep tell Rummenigge which club he is going to go to already at the xmas party? I presume the drink was flowing and pep was a little worse for wear and told him then.

I presume its Man City as do most people

yep and ex players that have little or nothing to do with the club now say some mad stuff in the media as well.

also, didn't Pep tell Rummenigge which club he is going to go to already at the xmas party? I presume the drink was flowing and pep was a little worse for wear and told him then.

Does this post have any point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

More than this one... he's just agreeing with you about the ex players and then throwing in an anecdote.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

City have owners that are actively looking to build a footballing dynasty. Several (owned) satalite clubs. They have just built an AMAZING training and academy structure. their academy coaching and setup is very well respected. They have some proper star players and have been pushing for Pep for years.

United are falling way behind City in terms of football structures - and are relying on their name so much now, more so than any tangible reasons. We have history, money and commercial sponsors - but its becoming a very poor football club. I would be surprised if any manager wasn't at least concerned by the state of United, or attracted by the project City are executing very well.

Well on a separate note, the Daily Mail did a piece on Neymar today. They claim that Neymar would be easier to get than Bale and go into their tax problems both in Spain and in Brazil.
    They mentioned how Neymar's father refers to his son as being a brand and the brand is more important than who he plays for.
    United are the biggest brand in football even with recent events and poor performances.

City do have very big ambitions, and one could argue that Adidas were trying to help United yesterday by saying how shirt sales for United exceeded expectations, and this can be seen in shirt sales as United have the most players in the top 10 worldwide, yet Neymar was somewhere around 7th despite being better than any player united have.

The United brand is worth a lot and if sold correctly it should be tempting to any player or manager who values their brand - they will sell more of their brand being associated with United than with City.
    If Neymar moved to United for example he would probably jump to the top selling shirt worldwide.
    City for all their ambitions is not going to attract similar things for a footballer.
    So I think it will be something Pep will consider if United are interested, and while it is unlikely we will sign Neymar in the summer, the fact that his father and manager views the son as more than a footballer but also a brand (not to mention their tax problems).

I think United will increasingly become more and more tempting to high profile people like Pep, like Neymar, Muller said it was very tempting but he looks like a local boy who didn't want to leave his comfortable life or his horses.

I was agreeing with you and that Pep has already picked his next club

• Advertisement

Our neighbours called over xmas and the son was in primary school, was just chatting about soccer, he was going on about his favorite 3 or 4 teams in the premeirship :eek: (was that always the case don't remember being like that when I was a brat)

His "most favorite of all" was messi and he proceeded to jump up and show all his Messi gear, tracksuit top and bottom and tshirt no sign of any club jersey. Didn't even know Messi had a range.

Id this the norm these days wouldnt ever have to deal with kids.

If it is maybe our brand would sway the Neymars considering they love the dollar.

I was agreeing with you and that Pep has already picked his next club

Sorry, I was confused and misunderstood what you were saying.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I think the way it happened was fine. He was very clear in rejecting questions about it, made a comment that an announcement was pending.

conversation occured with the CEO and once they got all their ducks in a line it was announced. His departure announced and confirmed, and high profile replacement announced.

If anything, it was another masterclass from Bayern on how to run an elite football club. The disappointment potentially felt from fans was immediately replaced with something to look forward to. Much like they did with Heynckes before him(although from memory, don't think Heynckes was happy about it, but in retrospect the club made the right decision I think in how they managed it)

I wouldn't say that at all. Bayern have a history of undermining their managers and this has continued with Pep, who they wanted to keep but managed to piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So the story of Fellaini not going on loan is turning into he's being sold for £15 million from sources in Italy........Bangkok unzips fly.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Our neighbours called over xmas and the son was in primary school, was just chatting about soccer, he was going on about his favorite 3 or 4 teams in the premeirship :eek: (was that always the case don't remember being like that when I was a brat)

His "most favorite of all" was messi and he proceeded to jump up and show all his Messi gear, tracksuit top and bottom and tshirt no sign of any club jersey. Didn't even know Messi had a range.

If it is maybe our brand would sway the Neymars considering they love the dollar.

Some kids are like this id say but my nephew god help him is Liverpool mad and hates any other team his father (my brother) has him this way but he expecially hates united ha, ive no problem with that its just way it is ive grown up with it my 3 older brothers were always pool fans.

Its different now tho back 25 year ago or so when I got into football it was from Talking to family members and friends about football teams and history that made us fall in love with our team be it united or pool or whoever now It's all about who is most popular on Twitter or who has the best players its not about history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The gospel according to Saint Balague....

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/684376359175602176

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

The gospel according to Saint Balague....

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/684376359175602176

Surely United would match the transfer budget that Chelsea would be willing to offer Pep?

Surely United would match the transfer budget that Chelsea would be willing to offer Pep?

when it comes to it Chelsea and City have much more money than United and that's the reality of it. they are both financed by oil money. If you bring FFP into United are a match for anyone but there are so many loop holes in that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Been to annoyed with LVG/busy over Xmas to keep up with the Thread. What have I missed? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

theres 7 young "brats" in my family under the age of 9 and this christmas i had to buy 2 Messi related presents for the two oldest, both of them support United. one got Messi addidas boots (they are absolutely class in fairness) and the other got Messi Bubble football.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03435/messi-1_3435558b.jpg

i honestly dont know how on earth a 9 year old kid was able to find this, when i went into Smiths to buy it, they were nearly sold out.

half the kids in the football club that i run wear Real madrid shirts with Ronaldo on the back of them, some wear Barcelona. theres even a "trend" of pink being set amongest the kids these days, pink boots, pink shirts - all inspired by the Real pink kit.

the draw of those two clubs and especially their two players, is insane. United would made back the Ronaldo fee in 2-3 years if they signed him.

• Advertisement

I just realised that by February 7th the team have to play Liverpool, Southampton, Stoke and Chelsea in the league. Good thing they made the most of that 'easy' run in December eh!

Doesn't matter, 10 game winning streak inbound, choo fúcking choo.

theres 7 young "brats" in my family under the age of 9 and this christmas i had to buy 2 Messi related presents for the two oldest, both of them support United. one got Messi addidas boots (they are absolutely class in fairness) and the other got Messi Bubble football.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03435/messi-1_3435558b.jpg

i honestly dont know how on earth a 9 year old kid was able to find this, when i went into Smiths to buy it, they were nearly sold out.

half the kids in the football club that i run wear Real madrid shirts with Ronaldo on the back of them, some wear Barcelona. theres even a "trend" of pink being set amongest the kids these days, pink boots, pink shirts - all inspired by the Real pink kit.

the draw of those two clubs and especially their two players, is insane. United would made back the Ronaldo fee in 2-3 years if they signed him.

I meant I was a brat not all kids are in case thats what you thought.. :D
    Thats fairly mad alright is it all down to them playing for Barcelona and Madrid or just been seen as the best 2 players in the world who score buckey loads of goals.

If Ronaldo came back ans wasn't making the Ballon D'or shortlist would his popularity drop?

jayo26 wrote: »

Its different now tho back 25 year ago or so when I got into football it was from Talking to family members and friends about football teams and history that made us fall in love with our team be it united or pool or whoever now It's all about who is most popular on Twitter or who has the best players its not about history.

Twitter followers brilliant it's a brave new world :)

stankratz wrote: »
    I just realised that by February 7th the team have to play Liverpool, Southampton, Stoke and Chelsea in the league. Good thing they made the most of that 'easy' run in December eh!

Doesn't matter, 10 game winning streak inbound, choo fúcking choo.

to be honest, this bad run echoes last season - we struggled against the s*ite teams too and it appears its LVGs main problem.

we did great against the better teams last season and so far, are doing relatively ok -

beat Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton, drew with City and lost to Arsenal.

we are only 9th in the table however against the current bottom half, there lies our problem.

Homer id say its Mick Wallace and the wexford youths that has them on the pink trend surely they would never try copy madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it time for the Positivity Train?

Let me know lads, I'll throw it out.

Is it time for the Positivity Train?

Let me know lads, I'll throw it out.

well you can take positives from this in one sense, if you count games against the bottom 1/3rd of the table (not sure how that is measured when theres 20 teams:) ) we are 15th best - 13 points dropped in 9 games, City by contrast have only dropped 2.

its shocking in one sense, but the positive sign is that we are doing ok against the top 12 teams and if we get our act in gear against the s*ite teams, we could well have a very good second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You look at our options minus Pep and Mourinho and they are disheartening

Pep is 8/1 to United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

well you can take positives from this in one sense, if you count games against the bottom 1/3rd of the table (not sure how that is measured when theres 20 teams:) ) we are 15th best - 13 points dropped in 9 games, City by contrast have only dropped 2.

its shocking in one sense, but the positive sign is that we are doing ok against the top 12 teams and if we get our act in gear against the s*ite teams, we could well have a very good second half of the season.

Moyes and Van Gaal are ying and yang, Moyes could beat the small teams but we couldn't beat the bigger teams and Van Gaal vice versa, if you combined the two you'd get Ferguson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This was quality.

*David Attenborough voice*

And here.....we see Bangkok feel like he is being handed an olive branch....by Pro.F...responding to his post in an almost agreeing tone

But as Bangkok becomes braver in his conviction, Pro.F strikes....to once more....make him nothing more then a piece of dirt

article-1036017-01FBFE2000000578-924_468x298.jpg

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    This was quality.

*David Attenborough voice*

And here.....we see Bangkok feel like he is being handed an olive branch....by Pro.F...responding to his post in an almost agreeing tone

But as Bangkok becomes braver in his conviction, Pro.F strikes....to once more....make him nothing more then a piece of dirt

article-1036017-01FBFE2000000578-924_468x298.jpg

Why has this post got only one LIKE er sorry THANKS in 20 minutes I laughed my ass off anyway.

Moyes and Van Gaal are ying and yang, Moyes could beat the small teams but we couldn't beat the bigger teams and Van Gaal vice versa, if you combined the two you'd get Ferguson

i think its a preperation thing for LVG - not enough focus on attacking these teams.

Ander and Morgan should start every game from now on in midfield, that will help us create more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Our decent run of results last season was when Ander got his run in the team just after the new year. His link play with Mata was pivotal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Why has this post got only one LIKE er sorry THANKS in 20 minutes I laughed my ass off anyway.

Yes it's very good and very accurate. Thanks ++ from me.

• Rumours that Will Keane is to be recalled.
    Or maybe already I'm not sure.
    I don't know much about him, anyone rate him?

• Also this guy doing the rounds..

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Again don't know about him either but apparently is a transfer target

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Also this guy doing the rounds..

Dortmund player, top scorer in the League atm and FIFA 15 legend!:D pace to burn..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a FIFA player, YES!

Though he has said before he is best friends with areas so has no intentions of leaving Dortmund while Reus is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He didn't train today for some reason also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He didn't train today for some reason also

Yeah and Dortmund took the chance to show IndyKalia up for what he is :pac:

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/684394688183427072

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah and Dortmund took the chance to show IndyKalia up for what he is :pac:

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/684394688183427072

I wish more clubs twitter accounts did this but i suspect the united account would need a few dozen staff to deal with it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wish more clubs twitter accounts did this but i suspect the united account would need a few dozen staff to deal with it all.

Or more than just an emotionless robot. The Twitter account, like much of the rest of their social media presence, is devoid of any life. For one of the biggest clubs in the world, they are awful when it comes to social media. I'm convinced their website has stayed the same for the last 10 years. 'Bland' is the only word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Rumours that Will Keane is to be recalled.
    Or maybe already I'm not sure.
    I don't know much about him, anyone rate him?

Yeah he was recalled, I suspect we might bring in another striker during the window as I hardly think they will rely on Keane as backup.

He's a decent player, he was very good in the youths and reserves but hasn't really been successful on his loan spells to Preston and Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Totally agree on their website.

It's awful, boring, tricky to get around and find things. It's a good 2004 website, not now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I really don't think we will see any transfer activity in Jan. Anyone know who may be the most likely signing if there was to be one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I HATE the United website. It's outdated and loads of wasted space. There's no way you should have to scroll for an article that takes a fraction of the screen space.

The interviews tend to be rubbish with the same old questions. There's no fun in it.

City's website is great and the content is brilliant.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I HATE the United website. It's outdated and loads of wasted space. There's no way you should have to scroll for an article that takes a fraction of the screen space.

The interviews tend to be rubbish with the same old questions. There's no fun in it.

City's website is great and the content is brilliant.

What do you be doing on citys website........:eek:

TRAITOR :pac:

Next thing she'll be enlisting the kids in their youth academy :pac:

Or more than just an emotionless robot. The Twitter account, like much of the rest of their social media presence, is devoid of any life. For one of the biggest clubs in the world, they are awful when it comes to social media. I'm convinced their website has stayed the same for the last 10 years. 'Bland' is the only word for it.

No excusing uniteds website it is terrible. I haven't gone on it much in last few years I hate the smell of adds off it.

The thing with Twitter and all been a robot is unfortunate too bit this mostly is the press fault they hound any little bit of emotion from a player or club and feed on it.

A player or clubs social media site should be no go area for press or the football authority and not allowed report on it, it would be nice if it was just for the fans I know this is a silly idea that would never work but I hate seen a player getting fined and banned for something he writes or likes ir shares when he is sitting at home or whatever it be nice that they could engage with fans without crap.

Not saying they should have free rain to start sorts of trouble but they should be subject to same rules as any other person or celebrity that uses social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'll never willingly type it in the address bar but I follow their twitter account and sometimes I'll follow the links.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'll never willingly type it in the address bar but I follow their twitter account and sometimes I'll follow the links.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

You follow them on twitter :mad:... Shame...Shame...Shame...

I've only every been in the city thread once on here, and I was drunk and upset we had just lost to Arsenal, I was confused they had Newcastle 6-1 and they looked so good. It will never happened again forum can you forgive me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement