Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You follow them on twitter :mad:... Shame...Shame...Shame...

I've only every been in the city thread once on here, and I was drunk and upset we had just lost to Arsenal, I was confused they had Newcastle 6-1 and they looked so good. It will never happened again forum can you forgive me

:pac:

I follow a crap load of clubs. Arsenal have a decent account too.

• Mars Bar wrote: »

I follow a crap load of clubs. Arsenal have a decent account too.

Thought you just followed Daley Blinds twitter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pretty sharp decline since Ronaldo left though 2011 with Nani and Rooney on form and Hernandez banging them in was also a great year :(
    ManUtd Fact ‏@ManUtd_Fact 31 Dec 2015
    ManUtd goals by calender year:
    2015: 76
    2014: 74
    2013: 102
    2012: 115
    2011: 127
    2010: 115
    2009: 127
    2008: 113
    2007: 115
    2006: 106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

pretty sharp decline since Ronaldo left though 2011 with Nani and Rooney on form and Hernandez banging them in was also a great year :(

Goals are meaningless, its all about the possession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    This was quality.

*David Attenborough voice*

And here.....we see Bangkok feel like he is being handed an olive branch....by Pro.F...responding to his post in an almost agreeing tone

But as Bangkok becomes braver in his conviction, Pro.F strikes....to once more....make him nothing more then a piece of dirt

article-1036017-01FBFE2000000578-924_468x298.jpg

brilliant. great start to the day. Well played son :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fellaini getting linked to a lot of Italian clubs this morning. really can't see the sense in selling him - would be another poor decision as it was with selling most of our strikers. However little or much anyone rates Fellaini, I simply can't see an argument for selling him when the number of senior players in the squad is so small to begin with. We can't afford to sell any players at the moment imo, and certainly not one of only two offensive central midfielders in the squad.

Fellaini getting linked to a lot of Italian clubs this morning. really can't see the sense in selling him - would be another poor decision as it was with selling most of our strikers. However little or much anyone rates Fellaini, I simply can't see an argument for selling him when the number of senior players in the squad is so small to begin with. We can't afford to sell any players at the moment imo, and certainly not one of only two offensive central midfielders in the squad.

If he was replaced this January with a better player and we were getting £15m for him it would be crazy not to sell.

bangkok wrote: »
    If he was replaced this January with a better player and we were getting £15m for him it would be crazy not to sell.

We need to add to the squad, not keep it the same size.

If he is replaced, yes - but i will remain against selling Fellaini until he is surplus to requirements. Until we sign at least 1 more CM (AT LEAST ONE MORE) Fellaini should not be sold. Buy first, sell second. Sick of seeing United sell players and hoping we replace them. Recent history shows we are piss poor at replacing players.

• Advertisement

If he is replaced, yes - but i will remain against selling Fellaini until he is surplus to requirements. Until we sign at least 1 more CM (AT LEAST ONE MORE) Fellaini should not be sold. Buy first, sell second. Sick of seeing United sell players and hoping we replace them. Recent history shows we are piss poor at replacing players.

yea 100% buy first, hopefully buy 2 first and then sell him.

Sane would be good and Mahrez would be a class signing

yea 100% buy first, hopefully buy 2 first and then sell him.

Sane would be good and Mahrez would be a class signing

Dunno if your second comment is meant to be separate but I wouldn't see either player as a replacement for Fellaini - both are wide players. We need a central midfielder (or two) before we could look to sell Fellaini, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No sense to selling him, if he is pushing for a move then you don't want to stand in his way, world cup year and all that but he must be replaced if he needs to go for more first team football.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A pointless random question based on something I read this morning.

Drop 2008 Manchester United player Ronaldo into the 1999 treble winning squad, where does he play? Who gets dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The squad is probably fine in central midfield in terms of numbers imo (Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Hererra, Fellaini), but in terms of a mix that actually works properly we're still yet to see that. So I wouldn't be letting Fellaini go, even if somebody new came in. Because Fellaini is a good option, and we'll need to explore all of the options until we find a mix that works. Whenever we get that effective mix, then we can review which left over players are the best back-up to the first choice two or three.

No sense to selling him, if he is pushing for a move then you don't want to stand in his way, world cup year and all that but he must be replaced if he needs to go for more first team football.

I would want United to stand in his way, as long as we have need of him. Couldn't care less if he wants more first team minutes - If United need him as a rotational player/sub that is more important, from my perspective.

There is simply no argument, imo, for selling him until we actually don't need him.

Same should have applied with RVP, Chico, Januzaj (though on loan), Nani, Evans.

• Advertisement

A pointless random question based on something I read this morning.

Drop 2008 Manchester United player Ronaldo into the 1999 treble winning squad, where does he play? Who gets dropped?

Probably Giggs or Cole.

433 with a central 3 of Keane, Scholes and Beckham with a front 3 of Cole, Yorke and Ronaldo. Or 442 with the same side we had, just Cole out for Ronaldo. I think Yorke's all round game and approach would work better in allowing Ronaldo to do his thing than Cole.

Dunno if your second comment is meant to be separate but I wouldn't see either player as a replacement for Fellaini - both are wide players. We need a central midfielder (or two) before we could look to sell Fellaini, imo.

fellaini has played the majority of his time either up front or to the left of a front 3 where high angled cross field balls are hit in his direction. Every time he is on the field we seem to go long to him and it doesn't work. We have enough players than can play in the middle, Bastian, Morgan, Carrick, Herrera, Blind even Nick "where is he now" powell can play there

I would want United to stand in his way, as long as we have need of him. Couldn't care less if he wants more first team minutes - If United need him as a rotational player/sub that is more important, from my perspective.

There is simply no argument, imo, for selling him until we actually don't need him.

A slightly more militant version of what I wrote?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

even Nick "where is he now" powell can play there

Nick Powell is currently hidden in Van Gaals basement, he will only be brought out in the very biggest of crunch games.

fellaini has played the majority of his time either up front or to the left of a front 3 where high angled cross field balls are hit in his direction. Every time he is on the field we seem to go long to him and it doesn't work. We have enough players than can play in the middle, Bastian, Morgan, Carrick, Herrera, Blind even Nick "where is he now" powell can play there

I wouldn't say Fellaini has played left of a front 3 at all. He has played from the left position of the middle three - and more advanced, in support of the striker. He hasn't played as a wide player. Whoscored have him down as playing in a DCM, CM, ACM in virtually every game he has played for us.

• Advertisement

Nick Powell is currently injured.. (again)

Never remember Fellaini playing left of a front 3 forward line.

Nick Powell is currently injured.. (again)

Never remember Fellaini playing left of a front 3 forward line.

dont recall him playing left, but he certainly played wide right....and it was terrible to watch him play out there.

dont recall him playing left, but he certainly played wide ride....and it was terrible to watch him play out there.

was this some adult film he was involved in?? :P

• Pro. F wrote: »
    The squad is probably fine in central midfield in terms of numbers imo (Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Hererra, Fellaini), but in terms of a mix that actually works properly we're still yet to see that. So I wouldn't be letting Fellaini go, even if somebody new came in. Because Fellaini is a good option, and we'll need to explore all of the options until we find a mix that works. Whenever we get that effective mix, then we can review which left over players are the best back-up to the first choice two or three.

I agree.
    Think it would be madness to let him go if there is no expected replacement either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Rumor mill slowly start to gather speed
    MUFC have asked to be kept informed of developments on the future of Jamie Vardy

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/684668207861489664/photo/1
    Ancelotti has already contacted Darmian for his transfer to Bayern in summer

http://www.shqipmedia.com/i-pakenaqur-te-man-united-e-merr-ancelotti-te-bayern-foto/
    [Di Marzio] [Reposted English article] Milan asked for Fellaini on loan, we said no and put a €20 million price tag for him

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/milan-from-jose-mauri-to-fellaini-a-recap-of-milans-transfer-market/
    Sid Lowe thinks Guardiola will look at more offers other than City, focusing on United also.

https://streamable.com/ibqq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They can **** off from Darmian

Headshot wrote: »
    They can **** off from Darmian

he was superb for the first 1/4 of the season, but his performances have severely dropped off now.

seem to be a trend however that players seem to completely lose their form the longer they are under LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

he was superb for the first 1/4 of the season, but his performances have severely dropped off now.

seem to be a trend however that players seem to completely lose their form the longer they are under LVG.

He has been moved from one side To the other and back again and back again after that id say that's more the problem then anything.

jayo26 wrote: »
    He has been moved from one side To the other and back again and back again after that id say that's more the problem then anything.

he was dropped a couple of times before he was moved i think though.

• he was superb for the first 1/4 of the season, but his performances have severely dropped off now.

You are so quick to condemn a player it's almost hilarious.

• Advertisement

Its closer to 50/50 I'd say

Martial is a bit up and down but is 19 and had 2 good games most recently
    Shaw was looking very good untill his injury.
    Herrera again up and down but wouldn't say form has nose dived since start.
    Bastian been the same most games.
    Morgan been the same most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jayo26 wrote: »

i think he started off great but when the shaw injury happened it just seem to disjoint the whole defence and team. i think hes been good after that with the exception of the arsenal game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

he was dropped a couple of times before he was moved i think though.

Could Of been but he wasn't by no means consistently playing poor he had one bad game I think came from nowhere and dropped next game and then he was put out left if i recall.

Darmian got torn apart in one game, but other then that he has just made the odd mistake here and there, he is new to the league and he has been in and out with knocks. No problem with him at all, he looks to be a good old fashioned Italian defender. Very good asset to the squad, natural on either left or right back and hoping to see him stay fit and reach a high level of performance consistently for the second half of the season

M!Ck^ wrote: »

eh? relax a little there.

im not condemning him at all, i think the man is class.

im condemning our managers handling of him and several other players though, big difference.

• eh? relax a little there.

im not condemning him at all, i think the man is class.

im condemning our managers handling of him and several other players though, big difference.

Apologies, fair enough.

Wouldn't be haphazardly blaming LVG myself personally.

Its closer to 50/50 I'd say

Martial is a bit up and down but is 19 and had 2 good games most recently
    Shaw was looking very good untill his injury.
    Herrera again up and down but wouldn't say form has nose dived since start.
    Bastian been the same most games.
    Morgan been the same most games.

theres more than that -

Memphis - hottest prospect in Europe to some people wanting him shipped out. personally, i think he will be top class player for us.

Di Maria - started great, turned into a disaster.

Falcao - world class striker, suddenly turned into a conference player (more so injury than anything else).

on top of that,you have multiple players whose careers ended without even getting a chance to play under Van Gaal and they looked a shadow of the players they were under Ferguson - David Moyes takes some credit for that also.

of course however, there are other factors involved not just LVG.

So you include Falcao, even though you acknowledge that it had very little (I'm being generous here) to do with management...

Memphis has come from Holland, people expecting Ronaldo Mk II in his first season were always being set up for failure, as with a ll hyped Dutch prospects, he can still go either way. The tools are there, the application is up to him. He is at a perfect club to develop and if he fails because he hasn't applied himself or worked hard enough he has nobody to blame. He is being protected pretty well, being taken out of the limelight when his performances clearly are not up to scratch and being given plenty of opportunities to turn his form around.Who wants him shipped out? I think we start to see the best of him next season personally.

Di Maria, yeah he obviously didn't want to be here. Was he mismanaged? Possibly, but I think he was collateral damage more then anything as LVG kept fecking around with the formation trying to fit in our trio of "world class" strikers. If he were in the team now I think he would have a settled position and be contributing. Him clearly not wanting to be here was a major factor in him not trying a leg on the field though.

Where is the justification for the condemnation for the handing of all these players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I heard LVG sent a burglar around to Di Maria's house or he was the burglar, one or the other.

• Advertisement

I heard LVG sent a burglar around to Di Maria's house or he was the burglar, one or the other.

I heard Eric Cantona wanted to leave at one stage but Alex Ferguson put his arm around his shoulder and convinced him he was important. I also heard Ole wanted first team football but somehow he was persuaded to stay and play the role of an important squad player. I also remember when there used to be a rhyme and a reason to the development of kids in the first team instead of dropping them in and out willy nilly.

Don't mind me, I guess I just miss the days when we had a good manager that could do those things, you know, managing players.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is the justification for the condemnation for the handing of all these players?

Don't look for reasons. We have had a bad month so LvG is now poison, doing everything wrong and a complete fool, literally he is doing everything 100% wrong and absolutely nothing right at all.

Thats the actual mentality of some of our fans, a bad patch or inactivity in the transfer window and all of a sudden our manager with a very good cv and our cheif exec who has taken huge strides to wipe our debt are suddenly the most stupid, incompetent and clueless people in world football.

Anything positive is ignored.
    theres more than that -

Memphis - hottest prospect in Europe to some people wanting him shipped out. personally, i think he will be top class player for us.

Falcao - world class striker, suddenly turned into a conference player (more so injury than anything else).

on top of that,you have multiple players whose careers ended without even getting a chance to play under Van Gaal and they looked a shadow of the players they were under Ferguson - David Moyes takes some credit for that also.

Memphis was playing for PSV in the Eredivisie. The EPL is a different beast and he had a lot to prove coming here, so far his attitude has been poor. He hasn't turned from great to poor under LvG he has been poor in the EPL since the get go. According to who was he the hottest prospect in Europe? the press? I'm pretty sure I could name many players considered a hotter prospect.

ADM decided early on he wanted out of Manchester and gave no effort. Young kept him out of the team, I'm glad his sh1tty attitude is gone.

Falcao has been a crock for Chelsea too and even though you mention his injury you still added him to your LvG turns player to crap list. Not surprising though, your habit of focusing on the negative only, ignoring anything good and adjusting reality to suit your current agenda against whomever because we are not winning every match is well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

theres more than that -

Falcao- his bad run is down to the injury sadly its killed his career as its been proved with his chelsea run.

Di Maria- Yes Lvg system didnt help him whatsoever but i think the break in and him not wanting to be there was the cause of his bad play in the 2nd half of last season.

Memphis- Im just not sure whats happening with him, his confidence seems to be shot and he sometimes looks like he cant beat a man or just helpless at times. Not sure if it is LVG system thats holding him back but i dont think its the fully the problem. He seems to have get caught up in his own ego and the lifestyle that being a top player can bring. Seen rudd gullit say something similar in an article the other day.

Don't look for reasons. We have had a bad month so LvG is now poison, doing everything wrong and a complete fool, literally he is doing everything 100% wrong and absolutely nothing right at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I also heard Van Gaal carries around a little cudgel and he was constantly whacking Falcao in the knee with it.

I heard Eric Cantona wanted to leave at one stage but Alex Ferguson put his arm around his shoulder and convinced him he was important. I also heard Ole wanted first team football but somehow he was persuaded to stay and play the role of an important squad player. I also remember when there used to be a rhyme and a reason to the development of kids in the first team instead of dropping them in and out willy nilly.

Don't mind me, I guess I just miss the days when we had a good manager that could do those things, you know, managing players.

Don't worry, the Sir Alex Ferguson cloning project moved into Phase 4 this morning. The reports coming from the lab are very positive. Sit tight.

• Advertisement

I also heard Van Gaal carries around a little cudgel and he was constantly whacking Falcao in the knee with it.

Not only that but just today I heard LVvG forced Memphis to arrive to work in his Rolls Royce so fans would dislike him. Secretly LvG and Woodward hatched a plan to bring him to UTD and make him fail in the EPL. You see LvG didn't like him before and has a grudge and this is his revenge.

Memphis is instructed to do all the wrong things in training but gets praised for doing all the right things and then LvG and Woodward chuckle away to themselves in the stands when he tries it on match day and it all goes horribly wrong.

Don't worry, the Sir Alex Ferguson cloning project moved into Phase 4 this morning. The reports coming from the lab are very positive. Sit tight.

Yes yes, we all know about the Giggs protocol.

Yes yes, we all know about the Giggs protocol.

Kudos tbf. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I heard Eric Cantona wanted to leave at one stage but Alex Ferguson put his arm around his shoulder and convinced him he was important. I also heard Ole wanted first team football but somehow he was persuaded to stay and play the role of an important squad player. I also remember when there used to be a rhyme and a reason to the development of kids in the first team instead of dropping them in and out willy nilly

Sounds a bit like the hokey kokey, you'll probably get a better answer in the music forum.

fergie was a legend. remember we signed Vida in Jan, Fergie giving Vida the love

vidic1_2910523b.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement