Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I thought Adnan was only allowed to on loan because LVG had big plans for Depay and Lingard?

If he is indeed back in the first team squad, I'd imagine he'd get plenty game time.
    He could release Martial from the left wing too

• ElChe32 wrote: »
    Can we throw a shed load of money at Everton for Lukaku please.

25+ for the season now I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Euro year and no big player will move in mid season. It happens very rarely.

We can do with someone like Mane though but I'm sure there won't be any big name signed in Jan.

Also Januzaj can't play for United this season.

(image of FA rules)

Think this is only for Loans between English clubs.

Pretty sure its a different set of rules that govern overseas loans, its under Fifa regulations instead. not 100% but think he would be allowed play for us as he would be coming back during a registration period

Edit: Found this.
    10 Loan of professionals
    A professional may be loaned to another club on the basis of a written agreement between him and the clubs concerned. Any such loan is subject to the same rules as apply to the transfer of players, including the provisions on training compensation and the solidarity mechanism.
    Subject to article 5 paragraph 3, the minimum loan period shall be the time between two registration periods.
    The club that has accepted a player on a loan basis is not entitled to transfer him to a third club without the written authorisation of the club that released the player on loan and the player concerned.

Article 5 paragraph 3 is:
    Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for
    two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

AFAIK, a player can't register or play for more than two clubs, though youth players in the UK seem to be able to play several short-term loans a season.

Can't see it being a problem for Januzaj playing for Man U anyway cos they're one of the two teams he's played/been registered for. I imagine it could have implications for a second loan deal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Looking forward to seeing Januzaj and Keane described as new signings at the end of the window. If Blacket is coming back from Celtic there is our defender, winger and striker signings.

would not be the least bit surprised to be honest.

UTD has never done this. Actually what club has ever done this? tired to pass of returning loanees as "new" signings. What is it a you wanting to talk absolute sh1te about UTD every transfer window. You have literally zero patience.
    Signings as quickly as possible? The fook from the last 5 windows indicates United are likely to have been quick with transfers?

The fook from the last five windows? You mean when we signed Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sergio Romero, Anthony Martial, Vanja Milinkovic, Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo, Ángel Di María, Daley Blind, Victor Valdez, Sadiq El Fitouri, Guillermo Varela, Marouane Fellaini, Saidy Janko and Juan Mata.

That fook?

Yeah it was an absolute horror show of incompetence.

Every window we have to listen to this sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The fook from the last five windows? You mean when we signed Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Sergio Romero, Anthony Martial, Vanja Milinkovic, Ander Herrera, Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo, Ángel Di María, Daley Blind, Victor Valdez, Sadiq El Fitouri, Guillermo Varela, Marouane Fellaini, Saidy Janko and Juan Mata.

That fook?

Yeah it was an absolute horror show of incompetence.

Shaw was early in the window, as was Herrera.

Schneiderlin and Scweinsteiger were a month after English clubs were allowed to make signings, though I think we wouldn;t have been able to register Schweinsteiger til July 1st.

Blind, Di Maria, Martial, Rojo, Romero, Fellaini and Mata were all late window signings weren't they - so don't at all indicate United were likely to make quick signings. Martial and Fellaini were deadline day signings, weren't they? How the hell do they provide a counter argument?

Not going to use signings for the youth time as arguments either for or against United strengthing quickly in a window.

United are generally more active late in the window rather than having signings ready to execute early in the window - the evidence of the last number of windows, under both Moyes and LVG indicates we are far more likely to see signings in the last 25% of the window than the first 75% I would think.

Shaw was early in the window, as was Herrera.

Schneiderlin and Scweinsteiger were a month after English clubs were allowed to make signings, though I think we wouldn;t have been able to register Schweinsteiger til July 1st.

Blind, Di Maria, Martial, Rojo, Romero, Fellaini and Mata were all late window signings weren't they - so don't at all indicate United were likely to make quick signings. Martial and Fellaini were deadline day signings, weren't they? How the hell do they provide a counter argument?

Not going to use signings for the youth time as arguments either for or against United strengthing quickly in a window.

United are generally more active late in the window rather than having signings ready to execute early in the window - the evidence of the last number of windows, under both Moyes and LVG indicates we are far more likely to see signings in the last 25% of the window than the first 75% I would think.

Newsflash, transfer deals take time, shady agents, club owners, player demands etc etc. Most big transfers rumble on. It took Madrid seasons to get Ronaldo from us. It looks it will be the same for DDG.

Do you know anyone who has interviewed, finished there old job, moved city or country to start a new job in days? It takes most people months and the football world is no different.

Unless all parties agree, buying club, selling club, managers, agent and player (which is very rare) it will always take time. We got Memphis quickly in one of those rare situations. Scweinsteiger was very keen to come to us and like you said it took over a month.

The sooner you realise the reality of the transfer world, that reality is that its a messy drawn out world, the sooner you will stop getting so worked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Your role certainly hasn't changed anyway.

What role is that? The role of not decending into hyperbole where I slate the club only a few days into a window and beleive every negative story from every rag even though I have no clue what is happening behind the scenes at the club?

Yeah I guess it hasn't changed. Some posters on the other hand........

I'd hate anyone new wandering in here thinking that the majority of UTD fans think like that so you will always have people replying to that type of dross. Thankfully there are willing many to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It is not Football Manager.

A point that seems to get lost a fair bit.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Not everyone can be Maud Flanders I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Also, Barkley is making shyte out of Otamendi.

Barkley is unbelievably talented.

I'd love to see him at United, but we've got so many gaps in other positions (right wing, strikers, center half) to deal with. With the new TV money, Everton will be even more difficult to buy from in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We could almost buy Everton football club for the money it would take to sign Barkley, Stones and Lukaku

At least then we'd get Coleman, and Baines too and the return of Tom "Xavi" Cleverson

Liam O wrote: »
    Not everyone can be Maud Flanders I guess...

Those two are a great laugh though. The worst 3 seasons at the club in nearly 30 years and yet they run around in here yapping at everybody for being negative, as if pointing out the stone cold reality that the club is in a downward spiral is something we should be all happy clappy about.

What really kills them is that they did this shit when Moyes was around, they know they were wrong then and they probably already realise they are wrong now. Got to keep pretending though.

Those two are a great laugh though. The worst 3 seasons at the club in nearly 30 years and yet they run around in here yapping at everybody for being negative, as if pointing out the stone cold reality that the club is in a downward spiral is something we should be all happy clappy about.

What really kills them is that they did this shit when Moyes was around, they know they were wrong then and they probably already realise they are wrong now. Got to keep pretending though.

Yeah whatever you need to tell yourself mate. I was plenty critical of Moyes, and have been of LvG too.

As for you "pointing out the stone cold reality that the club is in a downward spiral"......thats rich. Ignoring the good and focusing on everything bad is having your head in the sand.

The picture your trying to paint of me with the blinkers on is actually you. Biased to everything and only seeing the situation in black and white. I can see plenty bad and some good. Our squad is too small, the tactics are too static, many players are out of form, some mistakes in the transfer windows and bad luck too.

The difference is I'm not some imaptient trigger happy fan who wants LvG gone after a bad run. Its possible for people to turn things around, you do know that right? It actually happened to one of our managers before you know even when fans were calling for his head, what was his name again, Alex something or other?

Anyway I'm wasting my time talking to the usual transfer windows tantrum throwers about seeing both sides of the coin. You'll continue to brand anyone who doesn't agree with you as "head in the sand brigade or Woody fanboys" etc etc as you've shown again rational discusson is something you have no interest in or are not capable of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Seems we dodged a bullet with him, a lot in here were clamouring for him in the summer.

No, we didn't dodge a bullet. He's a good defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

v3ttel wrote: »
    Barkley is unbelievably talented.

I'd love to see him at United, but we've got so many gaps in other positions (right wing, strikers, center half) to deal with. With the new TV money, Everton will be even more difficult to buy from in the future.
    If he improves his decision making, takes one less touch when he's on the ball and loses half a stone, he could be one of the best players in the league. He's a gifted footballer, so gifted in fact that he makes the game more complex than it has to be a lot of the time.

Newsflash, transfer deals take time, shady agents, club owners, player demands etc etc. Most big transfers rumble on. It took Madrid seasons to get Ronaldo from us. It looks it will be the same for DDG.

Do you know anyone who has interviewed, finished there old job, moved city or country to start a new job in days? It takes most people months and the football world is no different.

Unless all parties agree, buying club, selling club, managers, agent and player (which is very rare) it will always take time. We got Memphis quickly in one of those rare situations. Scweinsteiger was very keen to come to us and like you said it took over a month.

The sooner you realise the reality of the transfer world, that reality is that its a messy drawn out world, the sooner you will stop getting so worked up.

If you stopped deliberately trying to be a dick to me all the time, you might have realised I was saying to Homer that an expectation United would have had deals completed this week was unrealistic - which is what you are saying.

So stop being such a fecking arsehole to me all the time, jumping on everything I say to have a pop.

Evidence points to deals being far more likely in the last week of the window than the first - evidence points to United generally not having deals ready to complete in the first week. Exactly what the fook is your problem with me saying that?

You're some piece of work to be honest. A grade A ****

• 3630408.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

It's hardly a stretch to say United will do the majority of their transfer business in the 2nd half of transfer windows. 99.9% of clubs will all do the same.

The same people as always though try to make it out to be a united only issue caused by the clubs incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Odion Ighalo has said he doesn't think he will be moving but would find it very hard to say no if United called.
    He says United was his team growing up and his idols were Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, and that playing at Old Trafford has always been his dream.

I would not be unhappy if he joined, a very natural goal scorer, reminds me of his idol Andy Cole.

• RobertKK wrote: »
    Odion Ighalo has said he doesn't think he will be moving but would find it very hard to say no if United called.
    He says United was his team growing up and his idols were Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke, and that playing at Old Trafford has always been his dream.

I would not be unhappy if he joined, a very natural goal scorer, reminds me of his idol Andy Cole.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

You'll continue to brand anyone who doesn't agree with you as "head in the sand brigade or Woody fanboys" etc etc as you've shown again rational discusson is something you have no interest in or are not capable of.

Your one of the worst for this, stop bieng such a hypocritic and practice what you preach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Source?

http://www.behindthename.com/random/

Same way all the rags get there transfer names.

RobertKK wrote: »

I doubt we will ever be seriously looking at Ighalo, he is just the latest flavour of the month and I can't see him succeeding with us.

He is having a good season? Fair play to him and I hope he continues to do well, but the premier league is littered with lads who had seasons like this. Papiss Cisse, Asamoah Gyan, Micheal Ricketts, Ricky Lambert, Michu, Bony, Remy, Demba Ba, Yakubu, Grant Holt, Darren Bent, Benjani, Camara, Harewood, Forssel, Pahars. There are any amount of them.

Maybe he will be the next Louis Saha, or maybe this is his purple patch and now that he is more well known he will find the going tougher, who knows. But I would have no interest in us paying the flavour of the month premium to find out.

• I doubt we will ever be seriously looking at Ighalo, he is just the latest flavour of the month and I can't see him succeeding with us.

He is having a good season? Fair play to him and I hope he continues to do well, but the premier league is littered with lads who had seasons like this. Papiss Cisse, Asamoah Gyan, Micheal Ricketts, Ricky Lambert, Michu, Bony, Remy, Demba Ba, Yakubu, Grant Holt, Darren Bent, Benjani, Camara, Harewood, Forssel, Pahars. There are any amount of them.

Maybe he will be the next Louis Saha, or maybe this is his purple patch and now that he is more well known he will find the going tougher, who knows. But I would have no interest in us paying the flavour of the month premium to find out.

In the context of the remainder of the season it's a quick win IMO, he's scoring goals for fun and Watford wouldn't be able to turn down any money lobbed at the IMO.
    To note: Watford relatively untested for in relation to a big money approach.

Defiantly a more realistic target that Lukaku in Jaunary. Everton haven't a fear of letting him go. To be fair to Martinez he sticks to his guns in relation to these type of crazy requests mid-season.

In the context of the remainder of the season it's a quick win IMO, he's scoring goals for fun and Watford wouldn't be able to turn down any money lobbed at the IMO.

Defiantly a more realistic target that Lukaku in Jaunary. Everton haven't a fear of letting him go. To be fair to Martinez he sticks to his guns in relation to these type of crazy requests mid-season.

Wouldn't be a fan of signing someone like him with such a short term view - just not the type of transfer I like. I don't mind short term transfers themselves, but generally I would be expecting a more experienced player who knows they are stepping in to try sort a problem short terms and will likely be moved on (or move on themselves by agreement) in short enough order.

My aversion is more down to the player himself (though not personal) than from a United perspective - I feel players should always look to make practical moves that are pragmatically best for their careers from a football perspective. I don't like to see players chase the money to become bit part players to be cast away for a shinier model in a few months. Examples, in my opinion, such as Sinclair and Rodwell signing for City stick in the mind as players who were doing well, but moved to clubs where they never realistically stood a chance of developing themselves into the players they could possibly become.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, I'm issuing two yellows and a red this morning, cause to be frank, I'm sick of the way certain posters seem to not only look for fights but fully throw themselves into disruptive, personal attacks on each other.

There's been enough warnings, enough attempts made to try and let people cop on to themselves. Bucky and Airbag, if you want to discuss the club, fire away, but when I see the two of you AGAIN starting down the road of launching attacks on the poster, rather than the posts, then I'm stopping it quickly. I'm not putting up with another month of a transfer window where people are attacking each other.

Mitch, likewise, drop personal attacks; calling someone a "Grade A A******" was always going to be a straight red on this one.

People, discuss the matters at hand civilly. There's a few users who want to try and dominate the thread by throwing shots round, and it ends now.

• Advertisement

If you stopped deliberately trying to be a dick to me all the time, you might have realised I was saying to Homer that an expectation United would have had deals completed this week was unrealistic - which is what you are saying.

So stop being such a fecking arsehole to me all the time, jumping on everything I say to have a pop.

Evidence points to deals being far more likely in the last week of the window than the first - evidence points to United generally not having deals ready to complete in the first week. Exactly what the fook is your problem with me saying that?

You're some piece of work to be honest. A grade A ****

What you were actually saying was....

I have zero faith in United anymore, they are just way to consistent in disappointing me. I don't think the planning or execution at United is at all competent.

this is quite toned down for you, usually its Woodward is clueless the manager is a fool .....ad nauseam

You also said I can't wait to see UTD "pass off the return of loanees as new signings"........which is completely ridiculous, UTD or no club has ever done this but that doesn't stop you insulting the club and trying to make out the people and staff there are fools.

When we pass on targets like Pedro for example you go into full meltdown mode. Every window we have to put up with this behavior.

Maybe if you stopped insulting the club because 7 days into the window we haven't signed the four players YOU want you might stop getting these type of reactions. Until then though.............

But I don't think he will make a blind bit of difference to the rest of our season. We will pay over the odds due to his form but he isn't going to score goals for fun here, he will just sit on our bench and probably struggle to settle in like so many others. Even if he has some degree of success he is highly unlikely to be a catalyst for a renewed title challenge, he just isn't good enough to drag the team on his own like that.

Buying him would be just buying somebody for the sake of it, I don't expect the management would see the point of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

But I don't think he will make a blind bit of difference to the rest of our season. We will pay over the odds due to his form but he isn't going to score goals for fun here, he will just sit on our bench and probably struggle to settle in like so many others. Even if he has some degree of success he is highly unlikely to be a catalyst for a renewed title challenge, he just isn't good enough to drag the team on his own like that.

Buying him would be just buying somebody for the sake of it, I don't expect the management would see the point of it.

honestly not seen enough of him to judge him, he is having a fantastic season but for every striker that does well in one season and moves up to a bigger club without any issues, theres 5 or 6 who flop.

is he worth a punt? f*ck it, im sure he is..we have one center forward in the club, we should have at least 3.

and lol at Mitch, going down in the ultimate blaze of glory....:D

honestly not seen enough of him to judge him, he is having a fantastic season but for every striker that does well in one season and moves up to a bigger club without any issues, theres 5 or 6 who flop.

is he worth a punt? f*ck it, im sure he is..we have one center forward in the club, we should have at least 3.

Turns out it just means I'm on my last warning. I was expecting a week or two off at least but not quite yet.

I look forward to continued discussions at the expertise United display in the football world. :pac:

Blaze of glory? More like a puddle of petulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

....ooooh its all kicking off in here this morning.

Anyone seen this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3387549/Manchester-United-snubbed-Carlo-Ancelotti-said-NO-replacing-Louis-van-Gaal-signing-Bayern-Munich-deal.html

If its true Woodwards judgement must be called into question. Why did he wait until November? My 8 year old could see from the opening weeks of the season that United were going nowhere under VG - even for that brief period when we were top Leicester looked a more credible bet for the title.

Can't blame Ancellotti though - I'd take Munich ahead of United any day of the week,

Nice of you to take shots, having not been at all involved. How big and awesome of you.

Coat22 wrote: »

Anyone seen this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3387549/Manchester-United-snubbed-Carlo-Ancelotti-said-NO-replacing-Louis-van-Gaal-signing-Bayern-Munich-deal.html

If its true Woodwards judgement must be called into question. Why did he wait until November? My 8 year old could see from the opening weeks of the season that United were going nowhere under VG - even for that brief period when we were top Leicester looked a more credible bet for the title.

Can't blame Ancellotti though - I'd take Munich ahead of United any day of the week,

Not sure I buy it to be honest - seems odd he'd be looking for replacements in November (when things were arguably ok) but have no intention of sacking him in December when things went to absolute crap - when Mourinho could be got for nothing. Also, United making no play for Pep would also make it seem odd to be contacting Ancellotti in November. Just doesn't add up, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Fails the logic test alright.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The story seems to imply that Carlo was approached to take over in the upcoming summer, not straight away (when LVG was doing ok).

It could simply be a case at this stage that LVG will be replaced, but not till the summer, and if the replacements don't want to take over till then, they plan on keeping LVG until the end of the season as a better alternative to appointing Giggs as an interm.

• Wouldn't be a fan of signing someone like him with such a short term view - just not the type of transfer I like. I don't mind short term transfers themselves, but generally I would be expecting a more experienced player who knows they are stepping in to try sort a problem short terms and will likely be moved on (or move on themselves by agreement) in short enough order.

My aversion is more down to the player himself (though not personal) than from a United perspective - I feel players should always look to make practical moves that are pragmatically best for their careers from a football perspective. I don't like to see players chase the money to become bit part players to be cast away for a shinier model in a few months. Examples, in my opinion, such as Sinclair and Rodwell signing for City stick in the mind as players who were doing well, but moved to clubs where they never realistically stood a chance of developing themselves into the players they could possibly become.

Short term is important in the context of this season. Things have changed in football. Players come and go, summer can be used as the long term solution. Any additional firepower is welcome and we only have Rooney & Martial as it stands currently. Then a few fringe players maybe.

I get your point in relation to player decisions though. Ultimately that's for Igoholo to decide in the end.

I'm keeping my thoughts simple on it. He's still only 26 and is showing to be a real threat in front of goal and an excellent finisher. If we are going to sign a striker in January he's a realistic target.

• But I don't think he will make a blind bit of difference to the rest of our season. We will pay over the odds due to his form but he isn't going to score goals for fun here, he will just sit on our bench and probably struggle to settle in like so many others. Even if he has some degree of success he is highly unlikely to be a catalyst for a renewed title challenge, he just isn't good enough to drag the team on his own like that.

Nobody is expecting him to do that.

If LVG continues to pick the correct team and in particularly in midfield then he could easily slot in up front.

We seem to have gotten a bit of width back in our attack considering how well Young played last match which is stretching the defense much more and in all honesty we have been creating more chances in the last 2 games which would suit him also.

I'm staying optimistic.

Another winger would help also on the left hand side. Depay's confidence is shot. I wonder could he be instructed to play out wide further and stop cutting inside because this is where he seems to be getting jostled off the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Not sure I buy it to be honest - seems odd he'd be looking for replacements in November (when things were arguably ok) but have no intention of sacking him in December when things went to absolute crap - when Mourinho could be got for nothing. Also, United making no play for Pep would also make it seem odd to be contacting Ancellotti in November. Just doesn't add up, imo.

Things weren't ok in November though - we were in the mix by pure luck and the damage had already been done in the CL. Not sure Mourinhio was ever on the cards - nothing has come out to link him with the club bar people assuming he's linked because he's available.

Nobody knows what going on with Guariola, If I was Woodward I'd have put my money on an available Ancellotti rather than a might be available and might not go to City Guardiola.

Lot of stories being put out this week about Giggs. Reckon its a smokescreen myself. Expect Pep at Old Trafford next summer.

Nice of you to take shots, having not been at all involved. How big and awesome of you.

Everybody is involved when the thread gets clogged up with this nonsense twice a year.

If I wanted to take a shot I would and I'd take the card that came with it. I just found it odd that somebody would call a hissy fit like that going down in a blaze of glory.

Unfortunately it looks like the over reactionary, the world is crumbling down because the UTD board are too stupid to sign xyz player (when we probably made a good call and passed on them, like we did with the flop that is Pedro) are set too continue.

Sigh.

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    The story seems to imply that Carlo was approached to take over in the upcoming summer, not straight away (when LVG was doing ok).

It could simply be a case at this stage that LVG will be replaced, but not till the summer, and if the replacements don't want to take over till then, they plan on keeping LVG until the end of the season as a better alternative to appointing Giggs as an interm.

Makes sense IMO

LVG has enough in the tank to ensure Champions League football and I still believe we are well capably of doing so.

As long as that happens, more feasible options in Carlo / Pep / Mourihnio could be contemplated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Coat22 wrote: »

Anyone seen this?

interestingly enough, United support and financial expert Andy Green (Andersred) who i think most people would say is one of the most intellectual and level headed United fans out there, is the latest person to have a pop at Woodward. heard him on BBC the other day saying that its a case now that its looking like Woodard is out of his dept and everytime he has to face the media, he just brings more and more embarrassment to the club.

i know theres people on here who defend Woodward to the death, but we really have a big problem on our hands with him, he is out of his depth when it comes to football matters.

he is wonderful at getting sponsorship and squeezing money out of people, but he should do the right thing and appoint somebody to run the football side of things and let him concentrate on commercial as it looks like under his leadership, theres a huge problem developing behind the scene.

Green was also mentioning that the influx of cash into the PL is something that isnt getting the attention that it deserves, as its been a real game changer and people are ignoring this - while clubs like United get all the attention for the money they have, the smaller clubs are also doing wonderfully well and power is shifting, despite all the money United have. take out the sponsorship deal with addidas and chevrolet, Uniteds finances are standard for a business that has 100's of millions of followers and has had a full stadium for the last 20 years.

interestingly enough, United support and financial expert Andy Green (Andersred) who i think most people would say is one of the most intellectual and level headed United fans out there,

Level headed and doomsayer don't usually go hand in hand.

Nobody is expecting him to do that.

If LVG continues to pick the correct team and in particularly in midfield then he could easily slot in up front.

If Van Gaal would pick the best team I don't think Ighalo would play. Of course that also would rely on Van Gaal getting performances from out best players so who knows.

I still don't think we should be setting our sights on whoever is scoring goals this week, as a transfer policy it does nothing for us but fill the squad up with average players we can't get rid off. We do need players but they still should be the right players, bought within the framework of our short and long term goals and targeting Ighalo because he scored a few for Watford seems like it does nothing for us.

interestingly enough, United support and financial expert Andy Green (Andersred) who i think most people would say is one of the most intellectual and level headed United fans out there, is the latest person to have a pop at Woodward. heard him on BBC the other day saying that its a case now that its looking like Woodard is out of his dept and everytime he has to face the media, he just brings more and more embarrassment money to the club.

FYP

also lol
    who i think most people would say is one of the most intellectual and level headed United fans out there

I like him so all fans like him, ah the old Homerjay in the majority speaking for all the fans mentality.

Its like clock work with these two every year. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement