Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Headshot wrote: »
    But that isnt really fair on Jose.

Inter players adored Jose and id be surprised of Porto players didnt feel the same

He's left every club on bad terms. He's a short term manager with little interest in developing talent. He's a toxic presence who turns into a nutcase when he's under pressure. I know you follow La Liga closely so I'm surprised you would support such a move. He's a great tactician and man manager but the rest of the baggage isn't worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Even if you could lay all the blame for the playing problems on the manager, the CE should face the same threat of the axe for the management problems. The Glazer's bean counter is running the football side of the club into the ground. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

glued wrote: »
    Have they? They never really started playing to give up. Outside of Smalling, Schneiderlin and Martial everyone else varies from pathetic to just not good enough.

Blind, Jones and De Gea have done ok for us on a few occasions too.

Apart from them and those you mentioned the rest have been very very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Headshot wrote: »
    But that isnt really fair on Jose.

Inter players adored Jose and id be surprised of Porto players didnt feel the same

I think this time at Chelsea would be the most worrying to me. He was worse then he ever was for blaming anyone else but himself for losing and things going wrong.

Also inter was in 2009 he's gotten a lot worse in behaviour since then. A lot of the people who are clamouring for him are the same ones who were loving him failing at Chelsea this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    i wonder did Fellaini finish his dinner yesterday?!

Copy and paste....

Nalz wrote: »
    Who was the notetaker in the stand?

Anyone knife this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Well Louis have you not got a feeling that you need to make an apology now! Hopefully his last 45 minutes in charge of the club ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

At least Giggs hasn't dared to try communicate with the players. The stinking rat.

Looking forward to LVG showing he deserves to remain United manager by slagging a journo at full time then walking off. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

i wonder did Fellaini finish his dinner yesterday?!

If his family were throwing it at him expecting him to cook it in mid air probably not no.

• Advertisement

LVG just told Rooney to warm up by the looks of it, we'll be grand lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He's left every club on bad terms. He's a short term manager with little interest in developing talent. He's a toxic presence who turns into a nutcase when he's under pressure. I know you follow La Liga closely so I'm surprised you would support such a move. He's a great tactician and man manager but the rest of the baggage isn't worth it in the long run.

But he didnt leave Inter in bad terms, they adored him. Thats my point,

I dont care about his days at R.Madrid because that club is a circus and no manager will last there long with player power and Perez

Do I want Jose? I just dont know. I certainly want the current regime gone and you look around Europe and who has a pedigree to manager utd that we could realistic get and there's not much out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

stankratz wrote: »
    LVG just told Rooney to warm up by the looks of it, we'll be grand lads.

Aye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Cathy board of Alex hanging around the gaff yet?

Hah, I was just going to post "I wonder is there any chance at all that Alex could be coaxed back into the big chair for one last hurrah?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

He's a god at inter and Porto and left both his head held high and Madrid would have him back in a heart beat!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ye have the same problem at United as we have at Liverpool. Ayre and woodward are the same person, excellent at the commercial stuff but don't have a fiddlers about football.

• Advertisement

The focus will be on the manager and rightfully so, the buck stops with him, but some of those players should hang their heads in shame. Memphis has been such a letdown, for anyone who saw him last season this is like a different player. But then, too many of our players seem like different players in the current set-up, and not in a positive way at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Depay is looking like a waste of time. Average pace, unable to beat a man, needs to check back to get a cross in and plays the game without urgency. Like a younger version of young but at least young seems to be committed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Might take someone like Mourinho to sort out this mess, sad sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Wouldn't be a fan of Mourinho cos I hate his whinging attitude when things aren't going his way. Hated him at Chelsea but at this point in time there's no one else. Don't believe for a minute that Pep hasn't agreed to city move. Been saying it here for weeks that the players have given up on LVG. This can only end one way

He's a god at inter and Porto and left both his head held high and Madrid would have him back in a heart beat!!!

That's not true. He was a complete sideshow at Real Madrid. The Spanish press didn't lap up every word like the English media did and they didn't like him at all. Ask the Real Madrid fans about him and they'll tell you they don't want him anywhere near the club.

• Advertisement

Trying to think how United can get back into this game, and I just can't think of anything.

Looking at the bench, and there isn't a single player there I can see making a change for us.

Maybe I would bring Schneiderlin on for Carrick, Rooney for Fellaini and Pereira for Mata. Would probably make no difference but sure as fcuk something needs to be changed.

Whatever we do in training, it can't be working, cause there is no cohesion in the team, the defence, midfield and attack are completely isolated from each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A big 45 mins here for us, need to show something, be good to chuck Rooney up besides Martial and just go for it. So many nothing performances today so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

stankratz wrote: »
    The focus will be on the manager and rightfully so, the buck stops with him, but some of those players should hang their heads in shame. Memphis has been such a letdown, for anyone who saw him last season this is like a different player. But then, too many of our players seem like different players in the current set-up, and not in a positive way at all.

No doubt most of them players need a rocket up their arse. I think the system may have beaten them into submission but still, it can't be excused.

But what are ya going to do? Change managers is what you are going to do.

Today's result(if it stays the same) will hasten the decision.

That's not true. He was a complete sideshow at Real Madrid. The Spanish press didn't lap up every word like the English media did and they didn't like him at all. Ask the Real Madrid fans about him and they'll tell you they don't want him anywhere near the club.

Their w joke any way but the other two jobs I mentioned he 100% walked away and was still loved yet you claim EVERY job he had was a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Like bringing on Rooney is going to change anythibg here.
    Its the F**king stste of the tactics and tempo that has got UTD into this mess.
    Its been like this all season and now its for everyone to see because he has lost the trust of his players. Its a matter of when he is sacked now, not if.
    Good riddence. His stone age football can take a jump. Boring me for months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm most definitely not a Mourinho fan but he would be more popular than Benitez and fans would take him back over most bar maybe Ancelotti. He's toxic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Trying to think how United can get back into this game, and I just can't think of anything.

Looking at the bench, and there isn't a single player there I can see making a change for us.

Maybe I would bring Schneiderlin on for Carrick, Rooney for Fellaini and Pereira for Mata. Would probably make no difference but sure as fcuk something needs to be changed.

Whatever we do in training, it can't be working, cause there is no cohesion in the team, the defence, midfield and attack are completely isolated from each other.

You'd wonder what is being done in training every day since there seems to be no improvement or difference from one weekend to another.

It's fúcked, there's nothing that will get us back in this game short of Stoke having two players sent off in the 46th minute. Fair play for at least trying to look at how to change it, but I don't think a bench featuring Mahrez, Bale and Suarez would even change this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Vast majority of Chelsea fans still love Mourinho too and didn't want him to go even if they understand the reasons why he probably had to

Their w joke any way but the other two jobs I mentioned he 100% walked away and was still loved yet you claim EVERY job he had was a disaster

Where did I say he was a disaster? I said he left on bad terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Improve our defence????. He hasn't even done that. F**k him out immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Nalz wrote: »
    Anyone knife this?

Richard Arnold, Group MD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That is awful by Fell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

You just have to laugh sometimes. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fellaini my god, that is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I'm not even mad that we are losing, kind of used to it. I just hope Van Gaal is sacked before Chelsea game.

even if LVG is sacked tonight - the decisions he has made since taking over will screw us over for the rest of the season.

What CB, striker and winger, at least, could we possibly hope to sign in January that could shore up this squad?

If Mourinho comes in I wold be certain that Stones will be a very active target for united, but I can not see Everton selling him in January - no chance of it.

The quad is in tatters after a number of poor decisions and it will take time and money to correct.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I'm not even mad that we are losing, kind of used to it. I just hope Van Gaal is sacked before Chelsea game.

I'm absolutely disgusted at what Woodward and LVG have made of United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Daley Blind is laughably bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Van Gaal sacked after this, I'm guessing, the usurper will have a short reign before Mourinho (hopefully!) comes in after the Chelsea game.

Wonder could Mourinho turn Herrera into a Lampard-esque key player for us. Would be a similar type of central player. Been fairly poor today but is getting stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I'm absolutely disgusted at what Woodward and LVG have made of United.

why blame woodward?!

Daley can't find a United player even from a throw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Happy Christmas lads :p

yours truly,
    Everybody Else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellaini would lose a 50/50 header with himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Wonder are these lads even scoring goals in training. We're getting a new manager but we need about ten new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Rooney been uniteds best player this half

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

dubmick wrote: »
    Wonder are these lads even scoring goals in training. We're getting a new manager but we need about ten new players.

Id say they dont even use the goals in training

why blame woodward?!

Hasn't Woodward got money in and given LVG money to spend?

Having praised Herrera enough, I have to say that he has been terrible today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement