Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

v3ttel wrote: »
    I don't think he needed to move to be rejuvenated.

All he needed was to play. If any team trusts him enough to play him as the number one striker, he will score goals.

Chicha?

I dunno he seemed pretty stagnant for the best part of 24 months, I also don't think his hold up play and all round game is good enough to be a first choice striker at a top club. Incredibly good option to have in the squad of course.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Tomorrow evening in the FA Cup

Are BBC showing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Chicha?

I dunno he seemed pretty stagnant for the best part of 24 months, I also don't think his hold up play and all round game is good enough to be a first choice striker at a top club. Incredibly good option to have in the squad of course.

If you can core 20 to 30 goals a season you dont need to be hold up a ball you need to just put away chances.

His team now are playing to his strenght others are doing the creating and holding up the ball and he only Has to put the ball away.

Chico himself reckons that regular playing time is the main factor in his recent good form, doesn't mention anything about a change of location/club/manager, just regular playing time...

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/leverkusen-star-chicharito-says-form-is-down-to-playing-regular-soccer-010716

'Leverkusen star Chicarito' - this still makes me sad.

Aubameyang says he is staying in Dortmund and that he is happy...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35261722

Literally, that is all he says. Still though, think we can rule him out this window.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    If you can core 20 to 30 goals a season you dont need to be hold up a ball you need to just put away chances.

His team now are playing to his strenght others are doing the creating and holding up the ball and he only Has to put the ball away.

Like I said, I don't think his hold up play, or overall ability is good enough to be the number one striker for a top team.

Excellent finisher though, great fox in the box type.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jayo26 wrote: »

I wouldn't even say they're really playing to his strengths myself. They're a bit of a mad team, Laverkusen. They're extremely direct and create a lot of low quality chances, which means their attacking players have to do a lot themselves just to get a shot away. Not the type of style you'd normally associate with having a goal poacher thrive in. Even though I rate Chicharito very highly I thought he'd have trouble there, but he's chewed through it all no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Like I said, I don't think his hold up play, or overall ability is good enough to be the number one striker for a top team.

Excellent finisher though, great fox in the box type.

Why the assumption that a great fox in the box can't be good enough for a high level team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Of course they more than likely should win, but Liverpool failing to beat Exeter tonight is a decent possibility.

They have picked a shocking bad team. Would be nice to Have them out of it already, they are always tricky for us in cups though I guess our record is about 50-50 over the last 10 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Of course they more than likely should win, but Liverpool failing to beat Exeter tonight is a decent possibility.

They have picked a shocking bad team. Would be nice to Have them out of it already, they are always tricky for us in cups though I guess our record is about 50-50 over the last 10 years.

Let's not fantasy book future matches before we dispatch the team in front of us. Knowing us, we could get bundled out tomorrow very easily...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

People talking about Januzai playing for Utd in second half of season.....

Thought I saw a post few days ago with UEFA Rules that showed how he is ineligible to play for Utd. again this season??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pro. F wrote: »
    Why the assumption that a great fox in the box can't be good enough for a high level team?

Pippo Inzaghis skill set comes to mind.

Thought I saw a post few days ago with UEFA Rules that showed how he is ineligible to play for Utd. again this season??

Can't play for a third team I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The rules that were posted where the football league rules for long term loans, its an overseas loan so it goes by Fifa rules which is the 3 team rule.

Edit: LVG said it today that he will be back in with the first team if he proves his worth and gets some match rhythm with the U21's on monday against Reading

you cant play/register for 3 teams in the one season. he is fine to play for us. multiple players go on loan and come back to their clubs later in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Samuel Luckhurst ‏@samuelluckhurst

Schneiderlin, Carrick and Young all rested for #mufc and not in squad vs Sheffield United.

Pro. F wrote: »

A fox in the box can be good enough for a high level team, I never said otherwise.

I said Hernandez hold up play and overall ability is not good enough for him to be the number one striker at a top club, quite different.

Hernandez would be a super squad option for any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Schneiderlin, Carrick and Young all rested for #mufc and not in squad vs Sheffield United.

No Havoc or Morgan... Loss coming up. :(

that 19/5 for an Exeter win looks great odds now.....long way to go yet though.

how the hell does Morgan need a rest after hardly being involved for the last month and no game for 7 days???

bizzare, unless he has a knock from training.

• Advertisement

• Samuel Luckhurst ‏@samuelluckhurst

Annoying

Not even on the bench fs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

how the hell does Morgan need a rest after hardly being involved for the last month and no game for 7 days???

bizzare, unless he has a knock from training.

Could be more like he doesn't want to him to get injured rather than he's tired.

Worry bout resting players for the match tbh. I am really sick of getting knocked out from cups quickly by minnows :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Its not as if Carrick has played a huge number of minutes... might mean chances for the likes of Goss, Periera and one or two others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Well this will be an interesting game tomorrow...

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Worry bout resting players for the match tbh. I am really sick of getting knocked out from cups quickly by minnows :(

It's the same with the league cup this year. Wasn't taken seriously and we got knocked out.

This is a legitimate chance for us to win a trophy this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hope Liverpool can sneak couple of goals, Exeter are new Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

that 19/5 for an Exeter win looks great odds now.....long way to go yet though.

Was 15/2 yesterday

KevIRL wrote: »
    Was 15/2 yesterday

I only checked after I had seen the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    It's the same with the league cup this year. Wasn't taken seriously and we got knocked out.

We picked a strong team against Middlesbrough. Romero, Wilson and Pereira were the only players that started that I wouldn't call first-teamers. It did us no good at all imo, the senior players had an extra load of football to play and it would have knocked confidence a bit. Rotational team tomorrow please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

League still needs to be the priority I guess.

Players carrying knocks or not in best shape should not be risked.

Assuming Basti, Herrera and Fellaini are available then it's fine. Strangely United do have a good cm pick, enough to put Blind in defence all season even though he was good in midfield last season.

I am more concerned with attacking options.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Exactly, we need a strong team out tomorrow. We are in no form for taking risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The FA cup is in 3rd place for United, despite not winning it since 2004.

Man Utd twitter had a stat up yesterday about Schneiderlin, we only lost one game in a match he started, and in that game he was taken off.

Resting him for the league with those stats.

• Hope Liverpool can sneak couple of goals, Exeter are new Barca

See what you did. Damn u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See what you did. Damn u

Ah it's great seeing the minnows bring back the big boys to their ground for a replay, that's what cup is about.

If they celebrate for a draw imagine what they will do if they Win!

The scenes!! Don't be killjoy Mick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Have to say i really like hearing Klopps interviews before and after the game. He is going to do great at liverpool. a very infectious manager i would imagine

bangkok wrote: »
    Have to say i really like hearing Klopps interviews before and after the game. He is going to do great at liverpool. a very infectious manager i would imagine

2meeblz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Looking forward to the match tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see a few young players starting. Surely they cant be as bad as what we saw tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He is cup tied in the Europa League that is the UEFA rule that means he can't play for United in those games

He is cup tied in the Europa League that is the UEFA rule that means he can't play for United in those games

Mata is ok tho aint he??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

bangkok wrote: »

Seems like a nice guy alright, but 18 points out of 36 in his first 12 games with a squad Liverpool fans back in October believed could finish in the top 4 with Klopp at the helm. Rodgers got sacked having delivered 12 from 24, exact same points per game. Klopp came straight out of a bad season with Dortmund where he didn't seem able to arrest the decline of his team and apart from a short honeymoon he hasn't changed water to wine over at Anfield yet. He really needs CL football if he is going to drastically improve their squad this summer.

For comparison purposes, Moyes delivered 21 points from 36 in his first 12 games with United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sand wrote: »
    Seems like a nice guy alright, but 18 points out of 36 in his first 12 games with a squad Liverpool fans back in October believed could finish in the top 4 with Klopp at the helm. Rodgers got sacked having delivered 12 from 24, exact same points per game. Klopp came straight out of a bad season with Dortmund where he didn't seem able to arrest the decline of his team and apart from a short honeymoon he hasn't changed water to wine over at Anfield yet. He really needs CL football if he is going to drastically improve their squad this summer.

For comparison purposes, Moyes delivered 21 points from 36 in his first 12 games with United.

he needs to sign his own players first. poor squad he was given. he will do well with them.

Let's not fantasy book future matches before we dispatch the team in front of us. Knowing us, we could get bundled out tomorrow very easily...

well us and liverpool have been trying to out-do each other all season in the ineptness stakes, hopefully that stops tomorrow.

a 0-0 wouldnt surprise me at all given our home form over the last 3 months though.

i have 2 spare tickets if anybody knows some1 looking.

• bangkok wrote: »
    he needs to sign his own players first. poor squad he was given. he will do well with them.
    Not to go off topic but felt I needed to answer you on this.

Tbf you posted about Liverpool looking like a great team only back sometime in November / December because they went on a little run. I called you on it. It was the usual hilarious hyperbole from a 3 game winning streak.

Now you sound like a Liverpool fan defending him by saying the squad is poor. You can't have it both ways.

His results have been poor and people seem to ignore his torrid spell he had at Dortmund

This whole "nice guy" thing also will wear out soon if they don't improve.

I'm not sure the type of calibre of player you expect klopp to sign if they are knowhere near the CL. There squad is actually pretty decent and I can't see how they would be able to improve on it, especially when trying to compete with utd, Chelsea, city, Arsenal, spurs

Exactly, we need a strong team out tomorrow. We are in no form for taking risks.

Would agree mostly, but also, the "first" team seem the lackadaisical in recent weeks that a younger team might have more energy and drive about them. That said, a loss to a smaller team will undo every bit of good done in the draw against a poor Chelsea and a win against a poor Swansea, especially if it knocks us out of a cup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/685585109425209344
    Man United have made enquiries over Laurent Blanc, say Le10. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/man-united-have-made-enquiries-over-frenchman-returning-to-club
    https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/685588064501153792
    Mourinho 'banking' on Man United, as Mendes hopes Old Trafford connections can help, say Le10. http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/mourinho-banking-on-man-united-as-mendes-calls-in-old-trafford-fa
    However, Le10 Sport in France claim the Premier League club have made a few enquiries about the French manager’s availability, either to take over mid-season or once it comes to an end.

Mourinho is still said to be favourite, according to the French magazine, but Laurent Blanc is allegedly part of a “shortlist” drawn up by those in charge.

As for Laurent Blanc himself, Le10 report that even though he hasn’t entirely shut the door to his former club, a contract renewal at Paris Saint-Germain would be his favoured option.

Sport Witness also say:
    Apparently hearing that Manchester United were thinking about him for the end of the season, the Portuguese manager is now banking on an approach by the Premier League club at some point in the near future.

Currently underperforming under Louis Van Gaal (one win in their last 10 games), the 20 times league champions could still cut the Dutchman’s reign short during the second half of the season if things don’t improve.

As unlikely as that seems considering the faith they have placed in him so far, Jorge Mendes is said to be actively looking for a solution for his client, using his excellent relationship with some of the Old Trafford board to see what can be done.

No Ryan Giggs...

Would agree mostly, but also, the "first" team seem the lackadaisical in recent weeks that a younger team might have more energy and drive about them. That said, a loss to a smaller team will undo every bit of good done in the draw against a poor Chelsea and a win against a poor Swansea, especially if it knocks us out of a cup :(

The problem is thought as we have seen during our injury crisis , the young lads are not good enough.

You seen what happened Liverpool tonight, they should have been beaten. If we put out a bunch of young lads we will struggle.

The problem is thought as we have seen during our injury crisis , the young lads are not good enough.

You seen what happened Liverpool tonight, they should have been beaten. If we put out a bunch of young lads we will struggle.

I agree, but surely some of them will make an appearance to give some of the senior players a rest ahead of next week's league games against Newcastle and Liverpool?

I would like to see Pereira in. He had a very good game for the u21s during the week and deserves a spot IMO. Apparently Lingard has been back in training all week, and while I personally don't want to see him start, I'm sure LVG will give him minutes at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

RobertKK wrote: »
    Thank god for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

A fox in the box can be good enough for a high level team, I never said otherwise.

I said Hernandez hold up play and overall ability is not good enough for him to be the number one striker at a top club, quite different.

Hernandez would be a super squad option for any team.

Hernandez was number one striker for a top club for numerous periods over the past 6 years or so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement