Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98348809#post98348809

It's on BT 2 for those who always ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

beno619 wrote: »
    Hernandez was number one striker for a top club for numerous periods over the past 6 years or so.

No he wasn't.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ah lads poor effort just settling down to a cuppa and a read of the thread and I'm already finished.....

Remember its game 2 of the 10 game winning streak ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Score predictions? I'm going for 1.1

• Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Score predictions? I'm going for 1.1

Booo, no choo choo from you

Two wins in a row...lets go

3-1 utd

M!Ck^ wrote: »

3-1 utd

I'd love to see 3 or 4 goals for us but never happens! Definitely 0.0 at half time. But here's hoping I'm wrong.

6-1 (2 Fellaini, 2 Perriera, Darmian, Neymar) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »

3-1 utd

Thinking the same, think there will be a few goals, gonna throw a few quid on 4-1.

6-1 (2 Fellaini, 2 Perriera, Darmian, Neymar) :pac:

Love the conservative prediction. Forlan to grab the last with a spinning back kick from the half way line.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

U18s lost again.

Lost 3-0 to liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ah here how does anyone want him out, love Van Gaal <3

Surprised crowd havnt started chanting Mike Van Gaal at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope our 11 Michael's/Mikes play well today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »

Funny that the press reports from yesterday's conference says that the difference in his mannerisms from the week he walked out have been like chalk and cheese they have said he is breezing in and out of them and turning up early too.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Funny that the press reports from yesterday's conference says that the difference in his mannerisms from the week he walked out have been like chalk and cheese they have said he is breezing in and out of them and turning up early too.

Must have some big signing lined up.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Must have some big signing lined up.

Yehhh he is probably recalling blackett from loan or something.

Yehhh he is probably recalling blackett from loan or something.

It would give everyone such a lift :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

TheDoc wrote: »

Probably because of his god awful management thus far this season

I'd love if he turned it around, apparently in recent weeks he's let Giggs change up the trainings with some of Fergie's old methods instead of the usual boring stuff, I hope this is him starting to realise that his methods aren't working and he needs to be open to new ideas

I'd love if he turned it around, apparently in recent weeks he's let Giggs change up the trainings with some of Fergie's old methods instead of the usual boring stuff, I hope this is him starting to realise that his methods aren't working and he needs to be open to new ideas

Where did you here this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Where did you here this?

Its coming from Neil Custis who absolutely has no knowledge of the situation and the article is based on quotes from LVG that don't say anything like that.

https://twitter.com/ncustisTheSun/status/685747276543856640
    LVG wrote:
    We have changed our approach.

But we have to see how it shall work. We are trying everything to come to a solution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We're going to put in an offer for Saul (21, CM) from Atletico Madrid according to Cope.

I'm picturing an old journal, the leather-bound cover showing its years and use by now, the hand-written playbook of one Sir Alex Ferguson. Yep, if this doesn't exist somewhere I'll be sorely disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    U18s lost again.

Lost 3-0 to liverpool
    wow.

That's 9 league defeats on the trot I think, which for Manchester United, a club that supposedly has pride in its youth set up, is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We're going to put in an offer for Saul (21, CM) from Atletico Madrid according to Cope.

Better call him.

Scrap the cap!

stankratz wrote: »
    I'm picturing an old journal, the leather-bound cover showing its years and use by now, the hand-written playbook of one Sir Alex Ferguson. Yep, if this doesn't exist somewhere I'll be sorely disappointed!

It is probably back in the old cliff and giggs goes into and off office and lifts up a false bottom in a drawer and there it is the leather book tied closed that has been passed down from generation to generation but they forgot to tell Moysie and van gaal about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

So picturing this now as Giggseh.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Strong team and should beat them hopefully..

Ashley Fletcher scored for Barnsley there.

(From our u21s team)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Strong team and should beat them hopefully..

Should be no hopefully bout it. That team should destroy them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What we don't want to see.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ancoats-fight-police-football-violence--10709827

Why do lower league clubs fans still think it's 1985?

I know EPL clubs have their thug elements still but it's more of a problem further down the leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

xtal191 wrote: »

Keane in the bench. Interesting!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Should be no hopefully bout it. That team should destroy them...
    It's the FA Cup so anything can happen. On paper we should definitely beat them.

It is probably back in the old cliff and giggs goes into and off office and lifts up a false bottom in a drawer and there it is the leather book tied closed that has been passed down from generation to generation but they forgot to tell Moysie and van gaal about it.

Giggsy teases LVG with the book every now and again. LVG tried at first to act like he didn't give a fúck about it but he was fooling nobody. Mark Ogden is now reporting that Giggs feels enough is enough, current results are gone beyond a piss-take and he has now loaned the book to LVG, along with the code word to decipher the text and ocular reading glass.

Anyway...a stronger team than I expected named for today's match, there can really be no excuses with that team and the home advantage.

Keane in the bench. Interesting!!!!

New LVG tactic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

A fox in the box can be good enough for a high level team, I never said otherwise.

I said Hernandez hold up play and overall ability is not good enough for him to be the number one striker at a top club, quite different.

Hernandez would be a super squad option for any team.

Okay, to be more precise: why the assumption that a great fox in the box type can't be the number one striker for a top team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »
    Okay, to be more precise: why the assumption that a great fox in the box type can't be the number one striker for a top team?

Well it's not very predominant a tactic used and I can't think of any top team who adopts it. Real / Barcelona and Munich all have versatile all round top class forwards, not really poaches

Watching MUTV with Mata going to some disability childrens hospital giving out presents.

What a guy, wasnt just there handing them out as if he was made do it but went the extra mile and was interacting with the kids like he wanted to do it.

What a guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im disappointed. I wanted to see a young attacking player playing from the start. Pereira for example

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Im disappointed. I wanted to see a young attacking player playing from the start. Pereira for example

Martial says hi :)

Im happy he is putting out a decent team its our best chance of silverware this season get two or three goals then have a look at the kids in last 20 mins but avoid upsets at all costs.

Something up with scholes he is been too nice he past few weeks he knows something we don't.

Romero, McNair, Varela, Lingard, Pereira, Memphis and Keane. Very young bench today. The average age of our outfield subs is 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

What channel(s) is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

enda1 wrote: »
    What channel(s) is this on?

BT sports 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For all some of the media are saying he thinks his job is safe, that lineup p, to me, shows he wants to minimise risks of losing. To play that strong a team shows there is some pressure there.

• Advertisement

Hopefully a good win with goals for Herrera and Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For all some of the media are saying he thinks his job is safe, that lineup p, to me, shows he wants to minimise risks of losing. To play that strong a team shows there is some pressure there.

I think it would be huge for him to win something this year and this seems the most realistic trophy. The idea I would hope is that we can get a comfortable lead and withdraw Martial, who could do with a break and put a couple of kids in then.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It is painful to watch, Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Two defensive midfielders at home to a League 1 side, this is fcuking pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It is painful to watch, Michael.

Our quota for entertainment in 2016 is over, second half against Swansea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement