Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Same problems that we have been having since LVG has taken over. Far too conservative and rigid. Plenty possession but no freedom of movement for the players up front.

Utd are moving the ball around a bit quicker but thats about it.

It wasn't good enough before Christmas and its not good enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Two defensive midfielders at home to a League 1 side, this is fcuking pathetic.

Defensive midfielder who was ahead of our striker just now and missed easy chance?

There are enough reasons to blame Van Gaal. No need to make up new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Defensive midfielder who was ahead of our striker just now and missed easy chance?

There are enough reasons to blame Van Gaal. No need to make up new ones.

The fact that Fellaini is running around like a headless chicken doesn't hide the fact that LVG has set up in his usual conservative 4-2-3-1.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    The fact that Fellaini is running around like a headless chicken doesn't hide the fact that LVG has set up in his usual conservative 4-2-3-1.

I wasn't even talking about Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Sideways putrid football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Seriously how much longer will this type of performance be tolerated. David Motes didn't get anywhere near thus patience.

Blind seemingly the only one who can make a killer pass think he is our top assister this year.. move him into midfield to ****

Sheffield are not even having to work hard to keep us out. This performance is just more proof that LVG and his philosophy are not working. The longer he stays, the greater our chances of missing out on champions league football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This kind of cup performance against lower league opposition has been a trademark of United for a hell of a long time (yes, going back to Fergie days), I actually hate cup ties against lower league teams for that reason.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

This team is shambles, or at least made to look like one by Van Gaal. Need more pace outwide and more overlapping runs from fullbacks. Our wing play combination is horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What are the alternatives to this when there's 10 men behind the ball?

This kind of cup performance against lower league opposition has been a trademark of United for a hell of a long time (yes, going back to Fergie days), I actually hate cup ties against minnows for this reason.

Would have been a valid point had we played good against other opponents. So at this moment, this type of performance is common from this United irrespective of opponents.

This kind of cup performance against lower league opposition has been a trademark of United for a hell of a long time (yes, going back to Fergie days), I actually hate cup ties against lower league teams for that reason.

But this is the same type of performance we have been seeing LVGs Utd produce in almost every other game this season. What we are seeing tonight is not unusual for us. This is the philosophy in action and its failing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

no shots on target in that half. shocking

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Would have been a valid point had we played good against other opponents. So at this moment, this type of performance is common from this United irrespective of opponents.

No point to it other then to say its not simply a Van Gaal thing, this has been United against lower league lads a lot of the time.

This type of performance is all too common under LVG, there has to come a point where you decide **** it, if they are going to sit with 10 behind the ball and frustrate everybody I may aswell go balls out. Pace out wide would help but also have to have the ability and bravery to make unselfish runs, to taake on players and stretch defences to open some space.

Passing it around waiting for them to make a mistake takes a long time when the team is drilled well enough. I have said this many a time, I see this type of game a lot for us, its either early goal or painful to watch. With the early goal teams have to come out and play a bit which helps.

When that doesn't happen it can take till 70 minutes for us to finally break through and thats when we dont concede making it even tougher to get the win!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Pathetic first half.

dozing_off_by_qwistie-d4wb0jr.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The half-time scores in #MUFC's last 10 home games: 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0-1 0-0 0-0 0-0 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Very weak defence.

It's not like this our first insepid performance of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

There's no excuse for our passing tempo. He didn't have to start Fellaini either.

beno619 wrote: »
    Very weak defence.

It's not like this our first insepid performance of the season.

It wasn't a defence of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Piss poor performances from Mata and Herrera, deservedly hooked off.

Ah yes the groundbreaking tactic LVG has been working to dismantle for 18 months.

The feed we are getting is horrible. I mean commentary. If they can take their head out of Rooney's arse then we can listen to something.

Everyone's mistake except Rooney's for everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Remember people used to wonder how fans post on boards during a game? I'm wondering how it's possible not to be on your phone during these games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sarcastic cheering at a shot, which wasn't even on target :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LVG reign is getting to the stage of Moyes hatred for me.

Headshot wrote: »
    LVG reign is getting to the stage of Moyes hatred for me.

Its amazing how much of a chance he is being given at Utd. I can't imagine any other club would put up with this incessant bullsh1t for as long as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I'm not even surprised anymore. Dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pelé me arse

• Advertisement

BT commentary gushing about how hard Sheffield Utd have worked to defend. What a load of ****. From what i've seen all theyve done is keep their shape, sit deep and give us the ball.

We had a very strong team out tonight and have been appalling at home to a very beatable side. He needs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well done Depay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This cannot save his job

Commentator is so annoying. He said Fellaini shouldn't have been subbed out as he was good target man for playing aerial balls and diagonal balls to him. As if we have runners to win second ball.

Memphis and CBJ slight positives.

Managers inability to extract anything from good players is a huge negative. Shocking performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We couldn't score in a brothel, pretty ironic that the only one of our players that has actually scored in a brothel has scored

10 wins in a row, 10 wins in a row
    We're only 8 wins from,
    10 wins in a row..

:cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

As much as van gaal is not the man for the job now the players have to take a look at themselves the majority were just bad tonight. Dreadful stuff.

I could also go a long time without hearing about the United way in a match.

At least we're through tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Delighted to see Utd going through but seriously, don't let that late peno sugar coat another awful sterile performance. This at home against a league 1 side.

Oh how I wish the club would get rid of Van Gaal. If it didn't happen over the Christmas period I can't see it happening until the summer.

The club have contributed hugely to the post Ferguson decline. They continue to embarrass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ive supported LVG and will hope results can improve but it's clear the tactics and playing style are not working, I don't see him changing and that will probably lead to his dismissal.

I don't buy into the idea of bringing in more in January will help. We have quality players in the squad but we aren't set up to use them efficiently. Slow safe conservative possession driven play is clearly what LVG thinks is needed but playing with no tempo isn't helping our attack. We allow teams to crowd the box and deal with us easily. Our players choose cut backs and horizontal passing in favour of taking players on and going into space. I fear even if we bring in a top quality player we won't use him to the extent of his ability.

As a generally optimistic fan who supported Moyes all the way until his dismissal I will do the same with LVG, but at this point he isn't showing any signs of trying to improve the situation by making tactically changes, rather keep sending them out and hoping it works.

Today we got lucky. A penalty to win a game when we didn't really show any signs of scoring. I don't think the result will change many fans opinions, the performance again was very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Props to Basti for staying on. I wonder was Hazard watching that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Anybody want to try and defend that ****e?

adox wrote: »
    Delighted to see Utd going through but seriously, don't let that late peno sugar coat another awful sterile performance. This at home against a league 1 side.

Oh how I wish the club would get rid of Van Gaal. If it didn't happen over the Christmas period I can't see it happening until the summer.

The club have contributed hugely to the post Ferguson decline. They continue to embarrass.

I could not agree with you more.

This experiment needs to end now and I cannot see us getting into the top 4 if he stays on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That was manky.

adox wrote: »

The worst in a while IMO, that was just boring and a real chore to stick with to the end.

Won't the fans who left OT early be sorry when they hear the final score? No, no they won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This cannot save his job

Sadly it probably will, until the summer at least. He should have been sacked along time ago.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Quandary wrote: »
    I could not agree with you more.

This experiment needs to end now and I cannot see us getting into the top 4 if he stays on.

A new coach mightn't change anything. Look at liverpool, they're as bad under klopp as they were before him. If united are to get rid of lvg then they have to do it now when the window is open or keep til the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Working evening shift Tuesday... Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rooney and Mike Pele Smalling stars of The Great Escape 2016...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

James Ducker wasnt happy we managed to get the peno. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement