Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good result.

Awful game though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I dread coming up against a semi-competent team. We are struggling against relegation fodder and teams from lower leagues. Sooner or later, we are going to face a team who just destroy us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Absolutely solid performance. Couldn't have asked for more from the players. Beautiful fluid attacking football for the full 90 minutes. We were dominant in every part of the game and we really could have got 3/4 more goals in

...... fml :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's just getting old now isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Paul having some rant lol

go wan Scholesy

Scholes looks close to tears after that.

Anybody want to try and defend that ****e?

10 wins in a row, 10 wins in a row
    We're only 8 wins from,
    10 wins in a row..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Only thing positive from that game was Depay coming on and trying to actually beat a man, others were just getting the ball and passing it backwards.

Playing 2 defensive mids against a league 1 team at home is not right.

scholes has every right to have a right go at LVG.

Absolutely disgraceful performance out there against a league 1 side. we didn't deserve to win at all and never even looked a threat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Heading over to the toon Tuesday night to watch this utter garbage. May stay at home and save the heartbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

JoaquinPhoenix_ThumbsDown.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Only positive from tonight was the fact we don't have a replay. Utter rubbish again.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I dread coming up against a semi-competent team. We are struggling against relegation fodder and teams from lower leagues. Sooner or later, we are going to face a team who just destroy us.

The thing is, it doesn't matter who we play. We generally control the ball and turn it into a borefest. I'm as worried about playing a well drilled lower team as I am a skillful attacking team.

Sheffield United knocked out something like 5 Premier League teams out of the FA cup over the past two seasons. Think that is what they said before the start.

Heading over to the toon Tuesday night to watch this utter garbage. May stay at home and save the heartbreak.

Might be good away from home.

Newcastle wont park the bus at their home so it might be better for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

James Ducker wasnt happy we managed to get the peno. :D

Obviously sour that he has to edit his article.

"This draw poxy, fluky win was the last straw for United fans."

Ladyman was even worse...

https://twitter.com/Ian_Ladyman_DM/status/685905635846795264

He gets paid to write about football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

i wonder will van gaal walk after that absolute **** performance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

That was painful stuff. Didn't deserve that winner whatsoever.

I don't think LVG realises that the aim of football is to score more goals than the opposition, not win the possession stakes.

The ironic cheers after the Memphis shot said it all. I'm sure that goal has bought him yet more time though. Ugh.

Weird opinion on the pen. Player doesn't even argue because he knew it was an idiotic challenge. Tough **** tbh.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    i wonder will van gaal walk after that absolute **** performance?

ya I think he will

straight to the dressing room to open a bottle champagne to celebrate a perfect performance

lol BT couldnt bare to listen to anymore LVG rubbish

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People moaning about Memphis seemed to miss that Rooney had a cleared penalty call earlier on but cause he stayed up, the ref didn't give it.

I don't blame Memphis at all. Refs don't call penalties, no matter how deserved, unless you act like you have been shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Sheffield United knocked out something like 5 Premier League teams out of the FA cup over the past two seasons. Think that is what they said before the start.

They turned up against the other 5 teams tho rob.... They invited united to attack them tonight and we just passed around them.

The problem was the performance was bland no emotions or desire pretty ugh same as lvg never a bit encouragement or anything.

I dont agree with managers raving on the touchline but when u see a rival manager managing in old trafford for first time and he encouraging his team on sidelines and pushing them on and you have our manager at the end of His career and just sits there where is the passion boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Christ, LVG trying to justify our **** play with Sheffield's lack of chances.

Only thing i learned from that interview is that Rooney is 3rd choice pen taker behind Herrera and Mata.

Poor Scholes looks down and out with utd of late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    People moaning about Memphis seemed to miss that Rooney had a cleared penalty call earlier on but cause he stayed up, the ref didn't give it.

I don't blame Memphis at all. Refs don't call penalties, no matter how deserved, unless you act like you have been shot.

Very true. The reason so many players dive is because the refs don't award fair play. This problem is going to persist until FIFA cop on and introduce video technology for refs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Headshot wrote: »

He's off too the boozer now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

edgecutter wrote: »
    Christ, LVG trying to justify our **** play with Sheffield's lack of chances.

That was pathetic. Nobody is talking about Shefffield's attacks because they are a ****ing league one side Louis, so stop talking ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Poor match, team has big problems. Has to be a few signings this month to try rejuvenate things if we want any chance of top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Headshot wrote: »

I dotm understand the vitriol being directed at him by United fans, all in the name of Loius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Well lads, I've been out at a kids party all afternoon, how was it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beno619 wrote: »
    I dotm understand the vitriol being directed at him by United fans, all in the name of Loius.

Nothing got to do with his criticism of van gaal he deserves it, but all he says is this is not the United of fergies time any time he's on gets annoying plus I feel he's criticising him to to get Giggs the job. That could be the conspiracy theorist in me tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »

Great ya the clowns were funny and rice crispy buns were nice i didnt much like the chewy sweets tho.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Great ya the clowns were funny and rice crispy buns were nice i didnt much like the chewy sweets tho.

That was play dough ya dope :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »

You may pray for another party Tuesday evening if today's sh1te was anything to go by.

yet another abysmal performance from Fellaini. seems to be a common theme every time he plays

September was our last first half goal at home and even that was a penalty and the one before that was in the 2nd minute of stoppage time at the end of the 45 minutes.

• On a positive note Rooney scored again and we won again

K I'm done

• Advertisement

• bangkok wrote: »
    yet another abysmal performance from Fellaini. seems to be a common theme every time he plays

Comedy gold from Bangkok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

zerks wrote: »
    September was our last first half goal at home and even that was a penalty and the one before that was in the 2nd minute of stoppage time at the end of the 45 minutes.

Its not good enough so its not, and thats from the top down.

Management has to take blame and players. Even if the tactics not be helping them (and being patient and killing teams with possession waiting for mistakes later in the game clearly isn't) but they have to take some personal responsibility when they cross the line on to the field of play and get it done.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's getting to the stage where I can't recall one good performance under Van Gaal

I'd say 95% of our games have been putrid, the results overall have varied from goodish to awful

The way we play football is disgraceful, it's so bad but more importantly it's ineffective yet we chug along as it everything is fine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Comedy gold from Bangkok

"Fellaini as a centre midfielder. What's he doing there? He'll never ever be one" Scholes

• bangkok wrote: »
    "Fellaini as a centre midfielder. What's he doing there? He'll never ever be one" Scholes

Your actually making a valid point there

But I can't take you seriously when you discuss Fellani regardless :P

Gareth Bale with a great hat trick. wont be joining us anytime soon

There is no point singling out any individual performances today.

Everybody bar the centre backs and gk were disastrous looking. I miss the old days were a bad game would be if we didnt score 3/4 goals against these type of sides.

I wonder how long it is going to take before we come back to that type of style and confidence. One thing i'm sure of is that it ain't coming with LVG in the club. I want him to do well so badly and to end his great career with a great bang but i can't see how it is going to come about with his rigid boring ass BS philosophy.

No matter who we bring in in the transfer windows, they will not be performing how we want them to under LVG

tumblr_msettfyFBm1r8vza5o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement