Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MD1990 wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger is past it & now a poor CM. Sneiderlein not starting is very strange.

Schweinsteiger is not the problem he is a very experienced head in the middle of the field its the lack of movement around him is the problem yh he isn't young and dynamic but he has a lot to offer the team if players around him get in right positions.

Schneiderlin was in the "RED ZONE" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

MD1990 wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger is past it & now a poor CM. Sneiderlein not starting is very strange.

It s simply too difficult to make these kinds of judgements (past it, poor player etc) when the whole team is playing so poorly. Schneiderlin has hardly been pulling up trees either, so it's not really that strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As bad and all as Rooney has been, and as poor as Fellaini is, Juan Mata has been getting away with murder with United fans. Selected for every game,been taken off in almost every game, constantly one of worst performers week in, week out.

Very few people seem to acknowledge how awful he has been this year for us and he is exempt from criticism.

I'd have thought his game is reliant on the front 4 being fluid. A static forward line renders him pointless as he's no pace to get past people, and it's hard to hit incisive passes to forward players who aren't taking risks with their runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

jayo26 wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger is not the problem

Not one person ( apart from maybe Val gaal) is responsible for this, there's multiple factors .

Bastian is an issue, I don't think having Him in the team is giving us much.
    Mata is a problem, Rooney is a problem, Memphis is a problem. Fellaini in the team is not working and is a big problem.Not having a proper center half partner for Smalling is a problem. Having only 17 senior outfield players is a problem.

All them all together and things just are not working. It's amazing, LVG said he inherited a broken and unbalanced squad, he went out and spent £250m and the squad now looks more broken and unbalanced than ever before

Strumms wrote: »
    Problem with Fellaini is that he is not a Man Utd player. He was a panic buy and even the guy who bought him and managed him previously had no clue what to do with him. To see him scapegoated is is out of order. Any time I have watched him he gives his all in terms of effort at least.

I've seen people mentioning players and calling them out to be benched sold whatever. There is nobody in our squad this season who has consistently performed under this regime with perhaps the exception of Smalling who has been the best centre back in the league by miles. I'm not saying the players shouldn't be responsible but you don't become **** individually or collectively over night.

LVG needs to go... More time ? Why he is out of here in 18 months anyway he won't achieve much more then a cup run and CL qualification in my view. Get in a young guy for the future...Pep, Potitchino etc. 18 more months of this and another 200 million spent ? I'd rather give it to a young manager who will invest in the future of the team and not some bs stubborn arsed philosophy vanity project.

Great post strums id be inclined to agree with all your points.

If you look at a manager like Alan pardew he consistently goes into a club and changes it around in a matter of weeks he has done it with palace and Newcastle.

Now I'm not saying that we should be giving pardew the job but for a manager like lvg to come into a club and not to improve the results further or have a clearer direction after 18 months is not on he has had plenty time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd have thought his game is reliant on the front 4 being fluid. A static forward line renders him pointless as he's no pace to get past people, and it's hard to hit incisive passes to forward players who aren't taking risks with their runs.

Which is correct. When people criticise Rooney, it is because they have a suspicion that what he is capable of now is nowhere near what he used to be capable of. He needs to adapt his game and find away to make himself indispensible or get left behind.

Mata is the same as always. He is slow, has no hold-up ability and needs people to do his running. We are asking him to adapt to something that he is incapable of doing by putting him out on that right wing and asking him to do a job out there.Both have been dog****, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Valencia are on SS2 now if anybody is interested. 0-0 away to sociedad with 25 mins left.

Only seeing the Scholes interview now, the man is 100% correct.

As to how people can find a problem with what he is saying, is strange.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Valencia are on SS2 now if anybody is interested. 0-0 away to sociedad with 25 mins left.

Quality on show has been poor no idea how its still 0-0 mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Neville talks a good game but Valencia are a shambles. Back to the studio Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

After what, 2 months? Fück me people will be calling for substitute managers at half time next.

The sun and daily mail are running stories about martials private life. Last thing we need right now is those scum trying to ruin his life, the one player who is brining some hope to the club :mad::mad:

Nalz wrote: »
    After what, 2 months? Fück me people will be calling for substitute managers at half time next.

Getting a back 4 to keep a line should be easy done in a week. They're a mess.

2-0 down and their goalkeeper probably their best player today against Sociedad who themselves are disgustingly bad. Hope he turns it around but they don't look to be buying into whatever it is he's trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Conceded two since you posted that! Valencia can't defend. One or two men in the box for both crosses and no one picking them up.

Parejo who's a very technically gifted player is passing like i would be on a Sunday after a bottle of whiskey the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

He had talked about how poorly equipped valencia are at scouting matches etc. I'm sure he has to get the backroom staff before he really has a chance.

Toobz wrote: »
    He had talked about how poorly equipped valencia are at scouting matches etc. I'm sure he has to get the backroom staff before he really has a chance.

Ah i know i'm being harsh,their performance had just struck me as very bad and i'm sure if Gary was analysing it he'd be picking the performance to pieces but he could well be doing just that in the dressing room.

The sun and daily mail are running stories about martials private life. Last thing we need right now is those scum trying to ruin his life, the one player who is brining some hope to the club :mad::mad:

The poor lad. How about he doesn't go around flaunting sluts in broad daylight, if you're going to cheat on your wife at least try hide it or better still be a decent human being and don't do it at all.

The poor lad. How about he doesn't go around flaunting sluts in broad daylight, if you're going to cheat on your wife at least try hide it or better still be a decent human being and don't do it at all.

Any more of that wisdom going Mr. Perfect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bad news if true. ..if it's lies suing the girl would just get the attention that she is looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Your not his mother and neither are those douchebag journos who post this s**t. I don't care whether the story is real or fake but someone's personal life is of no one's business and is incredibly disrespectful and intrusive.
    He's a young man and like most young people do, they make mistakes.

I'm sure you or anyone else in this world wouldn't like it if your personal life secrets got out into the public. It's humiliating and can seriously affect people both mentally and physically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

kstand wrote: »
    Feillaini wasn't that bad yesterday but there still a huge cheer when he went off. Apparently after the game he had his hood fully over his head and his head down going for the tunnel. I feel sorry for him, he's not a central midfielder. He's an option as an old style centre forward but not much more.

so he is not a central midfielder now and is only an option as a centre forward, so what position does he actually play??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I find its more to do with how they communicate it though, plenty of people are critical, highly critical of Van Gaal and the team but they are able to do it in a rational way instead of needing to find anything remotely negative to pin on him when it really isn't his fault.

There is enough there to criticise him with without having to blame him for stuff that is not his fault basically. Wanting him gone is understandable, blaming him for not being able to get the team playing cohesively and balanced in that they can be solid defensively but still a threat going forward and after 18 months seemingly being no closer to this goal then he was at the start of his reign is justification to think its time to replace him.

He has done his primary job anyway at this point which was to steady the ship after Moyes and get us back into CL football, he will undo all of that if we miss out though this year though the squad is improved imo.

I hope he turns it around, but the signs are just not there that its going to happen. I am thinking about the next manager at this point and the tools he will have available to him will be good so as long as we don't drop out of the CL we will be in a much stronger position going forward then at the end of the Moyes reign.

Additions needed of course, there always is and will be.

I'm going off point, having clear defined evidence for why this is not good enough (and there is plenty of it) gets lost among the histrionics and hyperbole and do nobody any good.

Fans voicing concern is not disloyal, fans feeling a change of manager is needed is not disloyal.

Getting the point across reasonably would go a long way to proper debate on the subject.

ps, those Jose scarves were as embarrassing as anything the team has produced in the last 3 years

How do you want or expect the fans in Old Trafford to get the message across reasonably ? The Club want us to scream & shout to encourage the team but stay silent as it's being pulled apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A woman sold a story to the papers, doesn't mean it is true, but near impossible to prove it isn't.

Teams should blacklist newspapers and media who treat their players like this.

By the way I wouldn't criticise any of the players or condemn them until we see how they perform under a new manager. It seems to me that they are totally confused & suffering a severe lack of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RobertKK wrote: »

They may end up writing more ****e then out of spite.

stankratz wrote: »
    Any more of that wisdom going Mr. Perfect?

Yeah don't take life so seriously ;)

RobertKK wrote: »
    A woman sold a story to the papers, doesn't mean it is true, but near impossible to prove it isn't.

She says that she took photos but obviously didn't offer them. She also says that fans met them on the street but I haven't seen any photos & the first thing a fan does is get the phone out to take a pic.

The Club should hire an investigator to check the cctv at the hotel & interview the staff. If the story is untrue then he should sue her & the papers. That would make them think twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Good draw for us there. More games for both teams. Bound to tire them out before the season is over

Your not his mother and neither are those douchebag journos who post this s**t. I don't care whether the story is real or fake but someone's personal life is of no one's business and is incredibly disrespectful and intrusive.

I'm sure you or anyone else in this world wouldn't like it if your personal life secrets got out into the public. It's humiliating and can seriously affect people both mentally and physically

I was replying to the part where someone said the tabloids "were trying to ruin his life" one way of minimising the risk of that would be to keep sammy the snake in your shorts and away from diseasebag tramps out for what they can get off your name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nalz wrote: »

Valencia in their worst league run in 8 years. The squad is not bad and the team wasn't a disaster before he arrived.

It's a concern when a teams new manager bounce, is losing games :/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

TheDoc wrote: »
    Valencia in their worst league run in 8 years. The squad is not bad and the team wasn't a disaster before he arrived.

It's a concern when a teams new manager bounce, is losing games :/

Yet they drew with Real Madrid.

Anyway a good warning for anyone who wants Giggs...wait till they prove themselves somewhere else.

Really? What were your thoughts when John Terry was loving his friends partner?

I was replying to the part where someone said the tabloids "were trying to ruin his life" one way of minimising the risk of that would be to keep sammy the snake in your shorts and away from diseasebag tramps out for what they can get off your name.

Bear in mind that having a mistress or affairs is viewed differently in France. When President Mitterand was buried his mistress was at the graveside next to his wife :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Rooney praise made me disregard anything he has to say.

"Pass the ball to Wayne Rooney. This is Wayne Rooney, you get the ball to your best players. Wayne Rooney, one of the best players, one of the best centre forwards."

Load of bullshít eaten up by people because it's passionate.

Or after playing with him for 9 seasons he believes Wayne is one of the best players at the club.

Not exactly a wild statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

beno619 wrote: »
    Or after playing with him for 9 seasons he believes Wayne is one of the best players at the club.

Not exactly a wild statement.

I wonder if he thinks Giggs should be getting a game for the same reasons?

Must have missed the ironic jeers directed at players like Fellaini, Nani, Valencia, Cleverley etc in the past so

Players or team ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gotta love the one-eyedness of some fans. The same people are probably happy to take the piss out of the likes of Terry and Cole but another of United's players turns out to be a dirtbag? "Hire investigators! Where's the proof?! Anyway, it's no-one's business."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

J. Marston wrote: »
    Gotta love the one-eyedness of some fans. The same people are probably happy to take the piss out of the likes of Terry and Cole but another of United's players turns out to be a dirtbag? "Hire investigators! Where's the proof?! Anyway, it's no-one's business."

The paper said it so it must be true.

Good lad.

• Advertisement

F***ing hell. LVG complaining about Sheffield Utd playing with 10 or 11 men behind the ball and therefore it isn't easy to play and create opportunities.

Just watched the opening 20 minutes of the Chelsea vs Scunthorpe game. Scunthorpe playing/defending exactly how Sheffield were yet Chelsea are playing fast free flowing football with runners, through balls, shots on goals, dummies and overall it is entertaining to watch.

I'm getting really sick of LVG excuses. :mad:

Certain fans/posters have been using this excuse as well tbf, its not like teams have been parking the bus at OT for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I would imagine those players wives go into those relationships with their eyes wide open and I'd be shocked if she gave him the bullet, it'll be blown over in 3 days...for it to be in the press is sad though, those paparazzi are despicable, I watched the Amy Winehouse film the other evening, the carry on was ridiculous.

I wonder if he thinks Giggs should be getting a game for the same reasons?

Not sure, what delusions would you like to spread though ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

At this moment in time you'd have to say Ranieri is a better manager than Van Gaal, he's able to use the players he has effectively in a system that suits them

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd look at Claudio Ranieri and think he'd do a better job than the current United boss

Not sure, what delusions would you like to spread though ?

What are you on about with your delusion? The delusion would be using the 9 seasons Scholes played with Rooney to judge the level of 2016 Wayne Rooney.

What are you on about with your delusion? The delusion would be using the 9 seasons Scholes played with Rooney to judge the level of 2016 Wayne Rooney.

Your delusions r.e Giggs & Scholes.

Form is temporary ect. Rooney has been poor for sure how much of that is down to his decline and the lack of functioning team creating chances for him should certainly be up for debate don't you think ?

Like I said the opinion that Rooney is one of the top players at the club is not wild and would be shared by a lot of the fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Bad news if true. ..if it's lies suing the girl would just get the attention that she is looking for.

Ya, take a leaf out of lily Allen's book and hire thugs to **** her life up.

Your delusions r.e Giggs & Scholes.

Form is temporary ect. Rooney has been poor for sure how much of that is down to his decline and the lack of functioning team creating chances for him should certainly be up for debate don't you think ?

Like I said the opinion that Rooney is one of the top players at the club is not wild and would be shared by a lot of the fanbase.

What's my delusion re Giggs and Scholes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What's my delusion re Giggs and Scholes?

That they'll ever love you

Felipe anderson scored yesterday for lazio after coming in in 87 minute and said afterwards he may move in January but cant talk about it.

Dont know if anyone else has been linked with him if it was a summer signing id be delighted with him as great potential.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement