Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bangkok wrote: »
    why blame woodward?!

Agreed, I think certain United fans must be the only fans in football who call for the head of a chief exec when things aren't going well. Bizarre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nalz wrote: »
    Hasn't Woodward got money in and given LVG money to spend?

He is excellent on the commercial side but there are massive question marks over his running of United from a football perspective. I'm not the only one to question woodward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I'm absolutely disgusted at what Woodward and LVG have made of United.

Not sure why you blame Woodward, he made the right choice at that time. Van Gaal was big name and we did well to get him. It didn't work out, I would blame him if Woodward doesn't act quick to replace Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LVG just needs time to get his philosophy across I think he needs two more seasons.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Agreed, I think certain United fans must be the only fans in football who call for the head of a chief exec when things aren't going well. Bizarre!

Yeah, Liverpool fans have a great appreciation for Ian Ayre.

Remember Gary Cook at City - he was really well thought of, eh?

Sure even Perez gets abuse over the way he manages Real Madrid and his firing of people like Ancelotti and sticking his oar in on team affairs.

But yeah, only United fans criticise only Woodward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He is excellent on the commercial side but there are massive question marks over his running of United from a football perspective. I'm not the only one to question woodward.

That's just lazy comment on woodward. He has done well in transfer market to sign players, yes he overpaid. Every club knows we are loaded so they charge premium price and that's how it works.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's just lazy comment on woodward. He has done well in transfer market to sign players, yes he overpaid. Every club knows we are loaded so they charge premium price and that's how it works.

I disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Even as a van Gaal fan have to admit this has been a very disastrous run and expect van Gaal to be gone soon and Giggs as interim.

Don't know if I'd want Mourinho as our manager, not too different philosophy wise to van Gaal, also doesn't bring nearly as much youths through and has a frosty relationship with some players we have most notable Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

like what?

he doesn't pick the team.

he doesn't sell the players

he doesn't buy the players

he doesn't take training sessions

he doesn't make substitutions

he doesn't do the press conferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I disagree with you.

Until LVG or Moyes says different we can't really argue about whether or not he's held them back in the transfer market.

Are there other football matters in particular your not happy ?

I don't think our poor sqaud management is down to him etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Rooney been uniteds best player this half

yap he has alright.

Quite funny in a sense that he has been one of utd worse players this season and I was totally on LVG side for dropping him.

The English media will destory LVG for this now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Don't get why people are annoyed with Woodward. He's brought in a top manager and top players, problem is it's just not clicking or working. He can only do so much then it's up to players and managers to do rest.

I'm sure most were delighted with van Gaal coming in, and recent signings of Memphis, Schneiderlin, Shaw, Herrera, Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger, Blind and more. Some worked some didn't obviously but it's not like we haven't brought in quality on paper, performances have been the problem. I know difference of opinions but I would look at the poor performances, tactics and style as reasons for failure rather than Woodward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

United are now a very mediocre team. Confidence is on the floor. It's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

its difficult to watch as a utd fan.

i dont want jose to be the manager for a lot of reasons.

van gaal is in a tough position now and prob should go.

lot of players under performing...must be something going on with Schneiderlein cant understand that one.

need to make sure we get top 4 this season.nothing else matters purely for who we are gonna buy in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That's the end of that - thanks LVG for getting us CL football but the time has come to part company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

When is this easy run of fixtures coming to an end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Have the media apologised yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Be interesting to see if the "Win or be sacked" ultimatum was true; if it was, he should be gone within the next few hours.

Could even see with Sky, that press conference is going to come back to bite him in the ass now; the media will be all over him.

we will never play good football as long as fellaini is in the team, one of the worst ever players in a united shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Giggs possibly in charge against a rejuvenated Chelsea? Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

No reason to keep van Gaal any longer. We need Mourinho in ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Shocking stuff, not one positive taking from any of these games. Clueless board better act soon because if they don't by the time he does decide to go himself the only managers left available will be the likes of Benitez, fcuking disaster of a run of results

beno619 wrote: »
    Until LVG or Moyes says different we can't really argue about whether or not he's held them back in the transfer market.

Are there other football matters in particular your not happy ?

As teh person in charge of running the football club - I think not having a person in charge of the academy since McClair left is a disgrace - and he didn't leave at short notice either. I think the fact we don't have any full time scouts is a disgrace. These are both issues that are directly under his control. He has positioned himself as the other most important football person at the club (alongside LVG) but I don't believe he has the knowledge or football contacts to perform such a role. You need football people in football positions, imo, and I don't believe he is one. I don't think he is a bad person, and he is great from a commercial perspective, but I simply don't think he has proven himself suitable or particularly capable from a purely football perspective.

As a business, United are well run. as a football club it is a shambles and the man in charge of that for 3 years has to sholder most the responsibility for that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Have the media apologised yet?

The Sun normally take about 25 years to apologise so I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What is Woodward responsible for then?

The role of CE at a football club, in some people's minds, sounds like the greatest job in the world. You strut around like the big cheese, appoint managers, buy players, sell players, feed spectacular transfer gossip to the press but if the actual footballing side of things goes tits up, it's nothing to do with you.

Just sell some advertising space to a Taiwanese noodle brand and you are a success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if the "Win or be sacked" ultimatum was true; if it was, he should be gone within the next few hours.

Could even see with Sky, that press conference is going to come back to bite him in the ass now; the media will be all over him.

Ya,the commentator at the end "Who's sorry now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think that's the end of lvg anyway. Just looks clueless and shows absolute no emotion at all.

Would never be a fan of mourinho but think he is the man needed realistically.

Think that's the end of lvg anyway. Just looks clueless and shows absolute no emotion at all.

Would never be a fan of mourinho but think he is the man needed realistically.

it wasn't when we lost to a worse side at home; no good reason to think this game will make Woodward/GLazers act.

Think that's the end of lvg anyway. Just looks clueless and shows absolute no emotion at all...........

Dim and clueless iirc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is a full blown crisis now.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but if the results don't improve very soon, Ed can't afford to wait as CL football is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Is it the media's fault we lost that one?

Response my hole.no way back now. But. Most people knew this week's ago, shame that the only person that matters still can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

bangkok wrote: »
    we will never play good football as long as fellaini is in the team, one of the worst ever players in a united shirt

Yeah, thats it. Of all the things going wrong atm having Fellaini in the team is the number one. Your exactly right thoughh, we could have Barcas front line and midfeild with Bayerns defense but if we put Fellaini in CMF it wuld all fall apart, we still would'nt be able to play good football.

Fellaini is literlly worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

Even Rachel Riley is unhappy:

@RachelRileyRR: One of the worst performances I’ve seen. No positives, just dire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

The man needs to part way, the team has no heart or fight left in them. Keeping him only prolongs the problem. Fellani really needs to sort his shooting boots out, that was criminal from him today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Not starting Schneiderlin was a mistake today, his work rate, tackling and aggression were badly missed. Stoke were alowed to run riot for the first half hour. Herrera, despite losing possession a few times was actually encouraging to watch. He was attempting to play forward passes but the movement of players in the attacking third was so stagnant it made it very difficult to pick them out.

Leaving LVG in charge is now starting to look like it could cause the club to miss out on the top 4. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest LVG can turn this around so he simply has to to go IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

coin wrote: »

@RachelRileyRR: One of the worst performances I’ve seen. No positives, just dire

Now look what you've done Louis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

We had More possession and corners...woopeeeeeeee.

Progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

If Guardiola is not on the cards, who would ye take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

We're in serious free fall mode now. Disgraceful performances from management and the players. Hopefully someone else bar Giggs can takeover until we find a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

coin wrote: »

Ok, that's it.

tumblr_mxajs8rROR1rxi9lno1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Saipanne wrote: »
    If Guardiola is not on the cards, who would ye take?

Jose.

Jose was who I wanted when Fergie left, and I think if he had been appointed then, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. We've miraculously been given a second chance to get him in now, and shouldn't be turning it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

As a business, United are well run. as a football club it is a shambles and the man in charge of that for 3 years has to sholder most the responsibility for that now.

Okay, Good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

If United don't go all out for guardiola, all the money and all the power that comes with it means nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

The future?

• Spoiled the reheated turkey and beer that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose.

Jose was who I wanted when Fergie left, and I think if he had been appointed then, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. We've miraculously been given a second chance to get him in now, and shouldn't be turning it up.

Please God No... couldn't stand watching that man in our dug out. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Jose just doesn't seem like a Utd manager, to me. Not the right personality for that club.

No idea who else, though. Simeone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Spoiled the reheated turkey and beer that

Reheating beer usually spoils it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Carrick is gutted.

• Advertisement

Yeah, thats it. Of all the things going wrong atm having Fellaini in the team is the number one. Your exactly right thoughh, we could have Barcas front line and midfeild with Bayerns defense but if we put Fellaini in CMF it wuld all fall apart, we still would'nt be able to play good football.

Fellaini is literlly worse than Hitler.

schneiderlain sitting on the bench looking at that ****.

fellaini is awful, even you have to admit that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement