Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

and its the same story every window, people failing to realise that theres no reason you need to wait until the last day of the window to sign players, you need your business done early especially teams who are struggling like we are. January is difficult however, i think everybody appreciates that and it looks like unless something changes (like a player forces a move), we wont be able to sign anybody.

saying we dont expect anything coming in is not frustration, impatience or panicking, its being very level headed and realistic as the reality is that we wont get anything done.

there is nothing in the press, as it would appear right now that nothing is happening YET. we brought back two players off loan, this is significant in my opinion and also, when a manager is under the radar, i doubt the club will be willing to give him more money to spend.

It's not really being level headed, it's just pessimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheDoc wrote: »
    Van Gaal REALLY needs to get back to some basics. And the start of that is putting players in their clearly best positions.

I can understand the utility of Fellaini, and to a certain extent Martial who looks as dangerous out wide as he does through the middle. But as he continues to play some players out of position, with the performances not improving, changes inevitably come.

I know we all post our preferred formations and the likes, but I find it an incredibly hard thing to do lately as there is what I perceive as players positions, that can sometimes be totally at odds with what Van Gaal belives are their positions.

There is going to come a point where he will need to bite the bullet and play players in their strongest positions and try get a convincing performance.

If I was Van Gaal with my back against the wall, I'd go with this tomorrow

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=9wx6f

Whilst I share the frustration in Van Gaal's belligerence with how he plays certain players, I think some of it is now born out of simply not having good enough players to play the positions in the system & formation he's using i.e. sometimes you're best available LW isn't an actual natural LW.

I don't understand having any confidence in Depay tbh. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were never to see him again and have zero expectation from him anytime I see him play now.

And in the case of Lingard, imo he's getting a game purely because of poor squad construction leaving us with no real options on the wing. Whilst he's showed promise and had good moments, I'm not convinced yet that he could be a squad player for a team winning the league and challenging for the CL say.

A much more satisfying outcome tomorrow for me, and one which has no chance of happening, would be to see us play a completely different formation/system, I wouldn't care if we got tonked 3-1.

TL;DR version, imo the problem is Van Gaal is insisting on playing a formation/system which he doesn't have the players to play and is thus forcing himself to put round pegs in square holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Van Gaal REALLY needs to get back to some basics. And the start of that is putting players in their clearly best positions.

this, is probably the simplest, yet most accurate description of our problems.

there are so many basic missing (apart from defensive organistion) in the team, it is unbelievable to watch.

It's not really being level headed, it's just pessimism.

so you think we will sign players then, yes or no?

Juan Mata, as far as i recall is the only "big" players we have signed in the last 10 years in January - before that it was Evra and Vidic.

we "signed" Zaha and Smalling, but they spent the rest of the season with their own clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I don't understand having any confidence in Depay tbh. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we were never to see him again and have zero expectation from him anytime I see him play now.

I saw him most weeks last season. Erdevise or not, there is an incredible player in there. I don't think there is any major issue at the moment apart from low confidence and needing to find his feet a bit.

Stories his attitude, and his press coverage, is not relevant and outside his control.

While never a given that a player will harbor and reach their potential, the Memphis form of PSV last season, if it could be recreated, would catapult us into the title race.

I've that much faith in him, and I rate him that highly. There is probably some tactical stuff there that could help him, the lack of overlapping LB seems to leave him 2v1 most often then not. But an inform, confidence filled Memphis I'd back even in the 2v1 scenario.

I'm willing to give him as much time as he needs, I just hope he isn't hounded out of the club by fans. Guy has a lot on his shoulders. Not only was he the standout talent in Holland last year, he has made a major step up in terms of club and moving country is a big deal for anyone. Coupled with that, is the fact he is about the only talent that has emerged for Holland in the last few years, and now there is expectations of an entire nation on him everytime he plays for his country.

Juan Mata, as far as i recall is the only "big" players we have signed in the last 10 years in January - before that it was Evra and Vidic.

we "signed" Zaha and Smalling, but they spent the rest of the season with their own clubs.

We got Larsson in if I'm not mistaken. Which I don't know if I put as much credit to it as others do, but it was a nice lift and impact, of a seriously high calibre, experienced player.

There is rarely the glut of quality out there for January. There is those that "appear" to be in a situation where they will move (re: Isco, Gotze, Marquinhos) but rarely do they go through with it .

I'd say you could unsettle Lukaku, and rattle Everton a bit. He must know by now Everton won't get top 4, and its clearly his ambition. If we wanted to be massive dicks about it, I'd say we could get him this window.

• so you think we will sign players then, yes or no?

What has this got to do with the fans? Thinking we will sign players? On what notion? Since when do they have any say in transfer dealings?

The tabloids are the only reason anyone is getting wound up either end.

Back to my point earlier that transfer dealings last summer were handled really well.

Nothing was announced until the deal was on the table, then the press were informed. And it was blatantly obvious how much bull**** they make up because they were way off the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I wouldn't say it looks either likely or unlikely because like you I haven't got the slightest clue what is going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

We got Larsson in if I'm not mistaken. Which I don't know if I put as much credit to it as others do, but it was a nice lift and impact, of a seriously high calibre, experienced player.

There is rarely the glut of quality out there for January. There is those that "appear" to be in a situation where they will move (re: Isco, Gotze, Marquinhos) but rarely do they go through with it .

I'd say you could unsettle Lukaku, and rattle Everton a bit. He must know by now Everton won't get top 4, and its clearly his ambition. If we wanted to be massive dicks about it, I'd say we could get him this window.

Lukaku won't fix anything for us IMO. The service to him would still be pretty bad and I think it might just turn into another case of lumping it up to the big fella.

KH25 wrote: »
    Lukaku won't fix anything for us IMO. The service to him would still be pretty bad and I think it might just turn into another case of lumping it up to the big fella.

Lukaku has drastically improved this season in terms of leading the line on his own, and forming an understanding of his responsabilities in knitting together the play of the forward line.

Coupled with the fact he has the ability to carve his own chances, and create chances out of nowhere, his ability to link up the play is vastly superior to what we have been getting with Rooney.

When the ball breaks down with Rooney, thats pretty much where it ends. There is no stats, no hypotheticals, nothing you can tangibly form. I just feel based on gut feeling, that with a striker who has better control and ball retention, we might create more chances as a team. As much as it is important for the supply line to the striker to function, it is just as important for the striker operating as the fulcrum, to retain possesion and link up play.

Some balls into Rooney on Saturday I'd expect the 5th highest paid player in the world to control with ease, but all to often this season the ball is bouncing off him, just as someone fizzes a ball to him and movement starts.

You have to wonder what mental effect that is also having on players around him. Will they make the runs banking on him to play them in, or do they stay reserved assuming he is going to lose possession. Obviously again a hypothetical but I'm sure that occurs from time to time.

• Advertisement

he would, he would fix one problem of which we have many.

look for example at the positions Fellaini was getting into against Wolfsburg, West ham, Bournemouth and Stoke...he missed all bar one. Rooney is playing deep, Martial is not a natural finisher just yet, so we need somebody ruthless in front of goal as we currently have nobody.

talk about Deluded.
    Louis van Gaal: Man Utd fans may have left early to beat traffic

Manchester United fans may have left Saturday's FA Cup tie against Sheffield United early because of traffic concerns, boss Louis van Gaal says.
    Thousands of home supporters had gone before Wayne Rooney's 93rd-minute penalty secured a 1-0 third-round win.
    United were booed off at half-time, but Van Gaal suggested the early exit of fans was not necessarily a criticism.
    Asked why supporters had left early, Van Gaal said: "Maybe [because] we haven't scored. Maybe the traffic."
    He added: "There are many reasons why someone might leave early.
    "When I was looking at matches to analyse an opponent, I have done that also. I leave the stadium five minutes before. You never know what the reason is. You can be very negative. But we are in the next round."
    The draw for the fourth round takes place on Monday at 1915 GMT, during The One Show on BBC One.
    'Be happy'

United did not manage a shot on target until the 69th minute against their League One opponents.
    But Van Gaal said that supporters should be happy with the way their team have returned to form with victories over Swansea and Sheffield United after a run of eight matches without a win.
    He said: "We have won two matches in a row out of a bad period. You have to be happy as a Manchester United fan that we have won two matches in a row and we are in the next round."
    Van Gaal refused to respond to more criticism from former United legend Paul Scholes, who claimed the players looked "bored".
    The Dutchman snapped: "What do I have to do now? React to Paul Scholes? Do you want that?"
    Van Gaal repeated his claim that it was always going to be hard playing against Sheffield United, who are ninth in League One.
    "I think that you always need to take into account how your opponent plays," he said. "They defended with 10 behind the ball. It is not easy."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

“You have to be happy as a Manchester United fan that we are in next round and we have won the last two games,” he said. When asked why many had left the stadium early, Van Gaal said: “They are not thinking that we would score, I think, and maybe also because of the traffic that they leave the stadium a few minutes early. There are many reasons.”

Seriously? This lad is having a laugh its getting embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People leave Old Trafford early every single game. Win, lose or draw. Always been the same.

• talk about Deluded.

Not really sure what else you expect him to say at a press conference. Deluded in what way?

Press really are doing there best to drive a wedge between Scholes and LVG. Makes for great reading. That's all that matters to them.
    BT were at it too, asking Scholes sticky questions on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But Van Gaal said that supporters should be happy with the way their team have returned to form with victories over Swansea and Sheffield United after a run of eight matches without a win.
    He said: "We have won two matches in a row out of a bad period. You have to be happy as a Manchester United fan that we have won two matches in a row and we are in the next round."

Who does this clown think he is fooling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He has the first touch of a baby elephant so it wouldn't be the worst strategy to adopt :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

look for example at the positions Fellaini was getting into against Wolfsburg, West ham, Bournemouth and Stoke...he missed all bar one. Rooney is playing deep, Martial is not a natural finisher just yet, so we need somebody ruthless in front of goal as we currently have nobody.

Take your point on that (and you too Doc, can't multi quote on my phone). But would you not say that chance creation is also a big issue? I'm not against signing Lukaku as I think he's a brilliant player, I just don't think he would be the answer on his own.

Take your point on that (and you too Doc, can't multi quote on my phone). But would you not say that chance creation is also a big issue? I'm not against signing Lukaku as I think he's a brilliant player, I just don't think he would be the answer on his own.

as i said, he would solve one problem.

we have been terrible all season, however in some games i have mentioned, we had enough chances to win those games, but didnt take them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Adios Ben!
    utdreport.com ‏@utdreport 28m28 minutes ago
    Official: Ben Pearson joins Preston North End from #mufc for an undisclosed fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I saw him most weeks last season. Erdevise or not, there is an incredible player in there. I don't think there is any major issue at the moment apart from low confidence and needing to find his feet a bit.

Stories his attitude, and his press coverage, is not relevant and outside his control.

While never a given that a player will harbor and reach their potential, the Memphis form of PSV last season, if it could be recreated, would catapult us into the title race.

I've that much faith in him, and I rate him that highly. There is probably some tactical stuff there that could help him, the lack of overlapping LB seems to leave him 2v1 most often then not. But an inform, confidence filled Memphis I'd back even in the 2v1 scenario.

I'm willing to give him as much time as he needs, I just hope he isn't hounded out of the club by fans. Guy has a lot on his shoulders. Not only was he the standout talent in Holland last year, he has made a major step up in terms of club and moving country is a big deal for anyone. Coupled with that, is the fact he is about the only talent that has emerged for Holland in the last few years, and now there is expectations of an entire nation on him everytime he plays for his country.

You see this is probably the reason for our difference in viewpoint, the starting point on our impression of him. I was very skeptical of his signing and didn't share any of the optimism and excitement that a lot had when he was announced. And I obviously haven't seen anything that would change that opinion.

I don't profess to watch a lot of Dutch league football but I from what I seen of him for the national team there was nothing of stand-out quality there for me, and I'm talking about the Dutch team under LvG, not the mess since.

I'm just very skeptical that he's capable of making this step-up from the Eredivise to a much higher standard, and when his one stand-out performance has only come against a standard that was more akin to what he did look good against, I just don't see that changing any time soon.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not really sure what else you expect him to say at a press conference. Deluded in what way?

Press really are doing there best to drive a wedge between Scholes and LVG. Makes for great reading. That's all that matters to them.
    BT were at it too, asking Scholes sticky questions on Saturday.

lol, so its all the press fault and you dont see anything wrong in what LVG is saying?

people ripped the piss out of Rodgers for ages about him being deluded. LVG is a level or 2 more on the deluded scale, the man really is bizzare.

• lol, so its all the press fault and you dont see anything wrong in what LVG is saying?

people ripped the piss out of Rodgers for ages about him being deluded. LVG is a level or 2 more on the deluded scale, the man really is bizzare.

Relax and take a deep breath, I wanted to know why you thought he was being deluded that's all.

Yes I do see fault in what he's saying in regards to fans being happy with 2 wins after a torrid run of form. Nobody would be happy with the last 2 months + and we all know this.

The rest of his conference is pretty standard stuff other than the fact that they wanted to wind him up about Paul Scholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I saw him most weeks last season.

Ah come on man, you didn't watch him close to that much.

J. Marston wrote: »
    People leave Old Trafford early every single game. Win, lose or draw. Always been the same.

that simply is not true especially when there is something at stake as there was in this game. there are always bus companies/taxies who tell their passengers to leave early and that happens in alot of games, but not on the current scale.

This is a proactive frustration that people have had enough and they want to leave as early as possible so they arent subjected to anymore misery.

people have given up on us scoring goals, so people didnt expect us to score. if that game was a 0-0 under Fergie, you can be sure the stadium would have been still 95% full at that stage.

i know somebody who walked out with 15 minutes to go in a recent game and ive seen people walk out of the ground in their droves in multiple games this season with still 5-10 minutes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Better call Saul: http://www.cope.es/detalle/Una-delegacion-del-Manchester-United-esta-en-Madrid-para-negociar

TLDR:
    "A delegation is in Madrid to try and sign Saul Niguez"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Maybe Van Gaal should have said 'Real fans don't leave early', I bet some here would be happy if he said that rather than being diplomatic... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

i know somebody who walked out with 15 minutes to go in a recent game and ive seen people walk out of the ground in their droves in multiple games this season with still 5-10 minutes left.

Not a go at you or your post, but I don't get people leaving early. I'd never leave early no matter what, I guess because I only get over once or twice a year... it could be different to locals. We met lads at the airport who had left early the year Michael Owen scored the winner against City. They were gutted.

lol, so its all the press fault and you dont see anything wrong in what LVG is saying?

I think it's really important to reserve judgement on his comments until you see them first hand.

I watched the presser on youtube there, that was a tongue in cheek comment.

More poignant was some questions he received about the fans concerns over the style of play and performances, to which Van Gaal acknowledged the fans concerns and understands them, and that he shares some of the issue also. Then went onto a bit of "it's not always so easy".

Very much something I've taken early on from his arrival, there is propensity for his comments to be misquoted or taken out of context and I prefer to hold my reactions until I see his presser first hand

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah come on man, you didn't watch him close to that much.

My friends say the same thing to me. I simply don't know why people don't believe I watched PSV pretty much every week last season, as if its like I had to fly there to see them.

• Advertisement

VAN GAAL ON MUTV
    In his interview with MUTV, van Gaal has confirmed Schweinsteiger is unlikely to face Newcastle tomorrow night: "Bastian is injured, that we know," he explained. "We have seen that because he could not move. In spite of playing more or less with 10 and a half men, we beat Sheffield United and we were very happy with that."

JANUZAJ NOT READY FOR U21S
    The manager has also told MUTV that Adnan Januzaj, who has returned from a loan spell at Borussia Dortmund, will not play for the Under-21s tonight as originally planned. "We have reconsidered and we think we have to build him up for the game and not to risk too much, by putting him in a match."

VAN GAAL'S PRESS CONFERENCE BEGINS...
    At the beginning of his press conference at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal was asked if he felt United’s playing style during the 1-0 win over Sheffield United was acceptable? “I think that you always have to take into account how your opponent is playing. And our opponent was defending with 10 players behind the ball.”

WHY DID FANS LEAVE EARLY?
    Quizzed on fans leaving the stadium before the final whistle, when the score was still 0-0, the manager said: “I think the fans have supported our team and it is not an easy time now. The fans were there also. How many stadiums were like our stadium – it was full, I think? You can mention how they leave but you can also mention how they come to this stadium for the FA Cup match.”

More on the fans leaving early on Saturday: “It could also be because of the traffic that they left the stadium a few minutes earlier. There are many reasons to leave a stadium at the last minute. Me, as a manager, when I was looking at matches to analyse our opponent, I have done that
    also in the beginning of my years as a manager. Then I would leave the stadium five minutes before the end. You never know what is the reason.”

BOSS: WE MUST BEAT NEWCASTLE
    Ahead of facing Newcastle, the boss said: “We have won two times in a row and maybe it shall give us a boost. You never know. But now we are playing away, it's also different and Newcastle United is playing very well I think. Ok, I see their game against Arsenal and they played very well. But they didn't win and that's the most important thing in football. I don't hope that they win against us. We have to beat them.”

UNRUFFLED BY SCHOLES CRITICISM
    Van Gaal was also asked to comment on criticism from United legend Paul Scholes, who claimed at the weekend that the manager and his players looked bored against the Blades at Old Trafford. “What do I have to do now, to react to Paul Scholes?” the boss replied with a smirk. “Do you want that?”

VAN GAAL UNDERSTOOD IRONIC CHEERS
    The manager was also asked if the loud cheers that followed Memphis Depay’s late shot against the Blades were perhaps ironic due to a lack of shooting, to which he replied: “Yes, I can understand that because it was a fact that we were not shooting too much or were not able to shoot at the goal so much. That they were ironic I can imagine. Because it was our first shot after 20 minutes.”

THE FINAL QUESTION
    Does van Gaal think more about the opposition than United? “No, I am not more concerned about the opposition, it's part of the job. When I have a conversation with you, I have to feel what you want to ask. And that is the same thing with an opponent. You have to know what they want, how they play and then you can help your players. But I do think that I am more thinking of how we want to attack, how we have to improve and of course the ball speed of the passes.”

From MUFC official blog.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/686562086193901568
    The truth is that there has been an approach. United offers €20m but Atletico not selling ATM

• zerks wrote: »

Can't read twitter here, what player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Julez wrote: »
    Not a go at you or your post, but I don't get people leaving early. I'd never leave early no matter what, I guess because I only get over once or twice a year... it could be different to locals. We met lads at the airport who had left early the year Michael Owen scored the winner against City. They were gutted.

Totally agree. I can understand heading to get a start on traffic if you're 2,3 or more up with 5 to go but at nil all it beats me. Was at the City game in October and lads leaving 10 minutes from the end of a game which wasn't the worst and could have gone either way at that stage.

George Best. Barcelona. 1999. Do people never learn?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can't read twitter here, what player?

Saul Niguez.

Suarez doesn't like his surname;):pac::pac:

What position does Niguez play? Winger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Centre Mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So you think the main striker will be getting into the positions that the advanced midfielder was getting into? The ones that neither Rooney or Martial have found themselves in when playing in that position? Despite the fact it wasn't happening for RVP or Falcao last season or Hernandez at the start of this? I would argue that Martial is a reasonably natural finisher and that the only reason Rooney has to come deep is that he wont get the ball otherwise. Barkley is the Everton player I'd put most stock in to improve the problems United have at the moment.

• On Pep coming to England; I can agree with some of this article.
    Would be a bigger test of his career than City at the moment

http://www.football365.com/news/dear-pep-come-and-have-a-go-at-united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Coat22 wrote: »
    Do people never learn?

Its simple human nature though. People need to be engaged, it doesn't matter what the activity is, if people are sitting there bored and checking the time then eventually they will make a decision to just cut their losses and go. Our games are just as boring in the first 5 minutes as the last five but at least at the start fans will still have their energy and enthusiasm. Without anything feeding that enthusiasm then 80 minutes later they will just be bored and the knowledge that something might happen isn't enough any more, it doesn't make them bad fans, it makes them human beings served a bad product.

Somebody made the point earlier, generally if somebody leaves early and misses a late winner they will be annoyed at themselves and feel regret. But I suspect there won't be much regret among those who did leave early at the weekend, their enthusiasm was probably drained past the point of caring.

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »

fully agree, ive never left a game early, even on days we were losing 6-1 to City or the 4-1 to Liverpool, stayed until the end.

there are times however that leaving 3 or 4 minutes early is the difference between missing or getting a flight at 19.30 somewhere so you can excuse some people. i do know also the travel companies are right ****s also and force people to be at the bus stop by 5.00 and its a 5-10 minute walk.

whats happening at the moment though is something ive not seen before, mass exits of people just annoyed at what they are saying. as a few posters have said in recent days, you will really need to be there to experience the discontent, there is only so much the TV can depict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

I dont know much about him

Can anyone fill me in?

a defensive central midfield, another position we are well stocked in and another transfer that while welcome, is not a priority.

you would assume this means we are keeping the two defensive midfielders tactic going anyway.

a defensive central midfield, another position we are well stocked in and another transfer that while welcome, is not a priority.

you would assume this means we are keeping the two defensive midfielders tactic going anyway.

Loves his DM's it seems.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/686566228324945920

COPE and @RuizAntonito are also reporting that Manchester United have indicated that they are ready to increase their offer to €25-26million

Obligatory youtube vid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A left field idea would be to just play Herrera there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I didn't think he was a DM in the few games i had seen him play this year, he did have more of an attacking mentality so I checked Transfermarkt and it seems that he has played mainly CM then DM and has also played LW and RW.

Edit: Link here : http://www.transfermarkt.com/saul-niguez/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/148928/saison/2015/wettbewerb/ES1/verein/13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Liam O wrote: »
    A left field idea would be to just play Herrera there :rolleyes:

The idea of having a naturally left footed CM in Saul Niguez probably has LVG drooling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine if Saul is coming in (IF), then the talks of Fellaini leaving probably will increase....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont know much about him

Can anyone fill me in?

He looks a good prospect, only 21 but from what I remember he was supposed to be going to Arsenal but the move broke down so not sure where the rumours are coming from. He was the lad scored the bicycle kick in the derby last year. Would be a forward planning signing imo which is never a bad thing but not sure he would make some sort of instant impact, maybe a replacement for Fellaini if he is off? Simeone speaks highly of him also and he signed an extension to 2020 recently enough too.

I would hope we are keeping in contact with AM though and trying to ensure we get first crack at Oli Torres if he is on the move, think he is going to be a super player but not sure he has any interest in leaving. Only 21 also.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement