Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I dunno why I'm even typing, I am not actually sure what you are arguing with me about this time...

As a poster already pointed out. Bayern have 5 or 6 in the top 34.

Care to throw up the number of Bayern players over the same period then ? :)

Not sure why your getting your knickers in a twist, the post you were talking about was discussing how there were no United players in the top 50 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can you see a difference between those teams and United at the moment?

Oh yeah, big differences on the field and United don't have the goalscorers these teams have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

beno619 wrote: »
    As a poster already pointed out. Bayern have 5 or 6 in the top 34.

Care to throw up the number of Bayern players over the same period then ? :)

Not sure why your getting your knickers in a twist, the post you were talking about was discussing how there were no United players in the top 50 etc.

What?

Where was it mentioned about no united players being in the top 50? I responded to some post quoting a bit of Andy Mitten. Knickers firmly in place and secure.

There is a top 34 now? How did I miss somebody telling me about them having 5 or 6 in that? When did I ask how many players Bayern have in the top 34 in fact? Seems a random question. For the record, I don't care how many players Bayern have in the top 34 (when did things start getting judged by top 34's? Is there no top 5,10,20 etc now? Is it like top 7, 18, 34, 48 etc?) it has nothing to do with them having players winning the Balon D'or

My point was that it is not surprising that United didn't trouble the awards, we haven't done for a long time! My figures are simply to back that up, I told you Bayern have had 8 appearances int he world XI compared to Uniteds 9.

Like I said, I wasn't actually talking about the world XI though initially, I was talking about the Balon D'or. I don't ever pay any attention to who gets voted on to the world XI. I generally don't pay much attention to who gets voted on to any list tbf.

United never have a player winning the Balon D'or, neither do Bayern. Its a contest between two players every year and its actually pretty boring.

I dunno, I guess it may be because United have never really figured in WPOTY discussions that I have never really had that much interest in the individual awards...

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

RobertKK wrote: »
    Oh yeah, big differences on the field and United don't have the goalscorers these teams have.

Yep, the success.

The players on the team of the year seem to always be from league and european champions

I dont wanna go through them all, but has there been a player voted on it who hasn't been part of a team like that?

I don't know but I would doubt it. So United not having players on it would not really be surprising when we are winning nothing.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

De Gea received the second most votes for Best Keeper this year.

1. Neuer
    2. De Gea
    3. Buffon
    4. Navas
    5. Casillas

Meanwhile, Rooney's votes for Best Manager: 1 Mourinho 2 Guardiola 3 Sampaoli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

According to Mitten

United have not scored in Scoreboard End or East Stand side since Mid September.

That's awful.

Christ, Mitten is a bore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The most likely player United have to feature in Ballon D'Or voting is Mike Smalling.
    Let's think about that for a while.

(Exclude de Gea as goalies aren't really in the reckoning at all)

At least he was being somewhat honest :)

The most likely player United have to feature in Ballon D'Or voting is Mike Smalling.
    Let's think about that for a while.

(Exclude de Gea as goalies aren't really in the reckoning at all)

Why would you put him ahead of Martial though?

World Golden Boy baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

J. Marston wrote: »
    Christ, Mitten is a bore.

What?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

World Golden Boy baby!

Eh, lack of goals, or assists.

It's kinda like a big deal for a forward

Didn't stop him winning it though did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's scored in every league game this year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meanwhile, Rooney's votes for Best Manager: 1 Mourinho 2 Guardiola 3 Sampaoli

Was not expecting that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pro. F wrote: »
    Was not expecting that

Our Rooney has good knowledge

I would love to see Sampaoli in Europe. He deserves it for everything he's done in South America for Club and International team

Hell id even give him the Man utd ahead of some names branded about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Headshot wrote: »
    Our Rooney has good knowledge

I would love to see Sampaoli in Europe. He deserves it for everything he's done in South America for Club and International team

Hell id even give him the Man utd ahead of some names branded about

He has been linked to Chelsea the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

astradave wrote: »
    He has been linked to Chelsea the last couple of days.

He can do better tbh.

Headshot wrote: »
    He can do better tbh.

I know its the Bleacher report but i found it funny, it reminded me of the whole Blatter/Ronaldo/Slave farce

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606837-jorge-sampaoli-says-chile-fa-holding-him-hostage-amid-chelsea-rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Derby County away...hmmmm

Tough. Might call for 3 holding midfielders and 2 Daley Blinds to launch our attacks from the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Derby away......at least drawing nil all away won't be as bad as the replay at OT where there will be a 120 minute bore fest before De Gea drags us through in the shoot out and VG hails our "fantastic" progress of making it to the 5th round putting the achievement up there alongside Eastleigh who will draw Chelsea in the next round.

• Advertisement

• Coat22 wrote: »
    Derby away......at least drawing nil all away won't be as bad as the replay at OT where there will be a 120 minute bore fest before De Gea drags us through in the shoot out and VG hails our "fantastic" progress of making it to the 5th round putting the achievement up there alongside Eastleigh who will draw Chelsea in the next round.

MK Dons say hello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

MK Dons say hello

What's your point ?

• beno619 wrote: »
    What's your point ?

They are a great bunch of lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

World Golden Boy baby!

Did Martial win the Golden boy award...
    If not that's a saving on the reported €300m eventually transfer fee we could've paid for him...... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Question:

How many of our players can beat another player consistently 1-v-1

MK Dons say hello

As in the 5th round

Chelsea's name on the cup already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liam O wrote: »
    He's scored in every league game this year :confused:

Who's scored in every league game this year ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who's scored in every league game this year ?

Martial - as in there's only been one......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Coat22 wrote: »
    Martial - as in there's only been one......

I was thinking. Thought you guys had signed Messi last night or something and even he's missed a few this year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

8 years ago today Ronaldo scored a hat trick v Newcastle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mnMOCKVGFM

god I miss them days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    8 years ago today Ronaldo somebody scored a hat trick a goal v Newcastle anybody

FYP. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

"There are matches that I have enjoyed," Van Gaal said.

"And there are also matches where I'm very bored or angry because we are not disorganising our opponent's defence but that is football."

"I'm not Sir Alex, as you know," said Van Gaal, who has rarely come to the touchline to speak to his players during his spell at the club.

"Everybody is different and I don't believe in yelling from the sidelines. I believe in communication during the week, during the preparation and I believe in my players who have to perform.

"It's very difficult because of the noise.

"A lot of managers are (yelling from the sidelines) but I doubt if they have real influence."

"No," was the flat answer when Van Gaal was asked whether Giggs ever discusses Scholes' criticism of the club.

"He has a lot of influence in our decisions because I communicate every decision with my staff so he can have a big influence," Van Gaal said.

"I work in a fantastic way with Ryan so that's the only thing I can say but when you want to hear something about his feelings according to what Paul Scholes or Gary Neville are saying, you have to ask him."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/louis-van-gaal-admits-manchester-united-have-been-boring-this-season-a3153886.html

Discodog wrote: »
    "There are matches that I have enjoyed," Van Gaal said.

"And there are also matches where I'm very bored or angry because we are not disorganising our opponent's defence but that is football."

"I'm not Sir Alex, as you know," said Van Gaal, who has rarely come to the touchline to speak to his players during his spell at the club.

"Everybody is different and I don't believe in yelling from the sidelines. I believe in communication during the week, during the preparation and I believe in my players who have to perform.

"It's very difficult because of the noise.

"A lot of managers are (yelling from the sidelines) but I doubt if they have real influence."

"No," was the flat answer when Van Gaal was asked whether Giggs ever discusses Scholes' criticism of the club.

"He has a lot of influence in our decisions because I communicate every decision with my staff so he can have a big influence," Van Gaal said.

"I work in a fantastic way with Ryan so that's the only thing I can say but when you want to hear something about his feelings according to what Paul Scholes or Gary Neville are saying, you have to ask him."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/louis-van-gaal-admits-manchester-united-have-been-boring-this-season-a3153886.html

seen that earlier.

Its the premier league and many things change during a game. Unless he is psychic and knows other teams formations, player line up etc it is ridiculous to sit there in the stand for the entire 90mins. Its one of a few reasons why we are so bad at the moment. You always need to be tweaking tactics throughout the 90mins in order to gain an advantage. We are stuck in a loop at the moment and van gaal is not the man to change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

predictions for tonight?

i think we can, should and will win - am going for a 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

0-0 for 60 minutes or so, one goal to decided it, but for whom?

predictions for tonight?

1-1 which will be hailed as "fantashtic" after we come from 1-0 down. "Its not always eashy to come away from home and come back like that and we have done incredibly well" someone will say

Rooney will get the goal to take his 2016 run to 3 with a deflection and a commentator will remark "its just shows the quality of player he really is"

The Sun will hail Rooney as the reason why England will win Euro 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think a 2 nil win 60 or 70 minutes with no goals and rooney and martial to hit 2 late ones.

Im just finding it hard to motivate myself to watch the match the football has been that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

8 years ago today Ronaldo scored a hat trick v Newcastle

Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Evra, Rio, Giggs, Vidic.... Sir Alex. God, we're a millions miles away from that now! :(

Julez wrote: »
    Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Evra, Rio, Giggs, Vidic.... Sir Alex. God, we're a millions miles away from that now! :(

What fergie said after the game..

"I thought there were too many individuals in the first half. We tried to walk the ball into the net.

"Passing is the key element of our game and once we did that we were fantastic in the second half. "We relaxed and expressed ourselves. Some of the passing and movement was absolutely outstanding."

sums up everything that is wrong in our play at the moment. We are the exact opposite of the above. No individual skill/play apart from Martial, not relaxed, definitely not expressing ourselves, movement almost non existent

• Advertisement

What fergie said after the game..

"I thought there were too many individuals in the first half. We tried to walk the ball into the net.

"Passing is the key element of our game and once we did that we were fantastic in the second half. "We relaxed and expressed ourselves. Some of the passing and movement was absolutely outstanding."

sums up everything that is wrong in our play at the moment. We are the exact opposite of the above. No individual skill/play apart from Martial, not relaxed, definitely not expressing ourselves, movement almost non existent

Bit of an odd move to use a quote from Ferguson complaining about too much individualism to support your view that lack of individualism is a problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lads, Newcastle are shocking, they are relegation fodder and even though they are playing at home many of the supporters are less than happy with the current set up/players or results.

This has to be a 3 pointer all the way. Get an early goal and kill the game. Arsenal nearly paid the price for not scoring early on, we need to make sure that we score early and the current Newcastle could play against DDG on his own and probably still not score.

No 'they defended bravely', no ' they are playing above themselves because of the threat of relegation', no 'St James is always a hard place to come' etc nonesense.

3 points is the minimum. after that the style of play and attacking threat come into it but if less than 3 points would be criminal.

Utd need 10 points on Leicster in the remainder of the season, 3 points won't come much easier than this.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Lads, Newcastle are shocking, they are relegation fodder and even though they are playing at home many of the supporters are less than happy with the current set up/players or results.

This has to be a 3 pointer all the way.

United have struggled / failed to beat worse teams than Newcastle this season. I wouldn't be brimming with confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Will Big Jonj be able to play?

United have struggled / failed to beat worse teams than Newcastle this season. I wouldn't be brimming with confidence.

I'm not, I have very little confidence.

All I am saying it that it must be 3 points. There can be no excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

predictions for tonight?

Jesus calm down with the Positivity there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Tonight. Lose 2-1

NC to score first

MU to Equalize just after half time

NC to grab a winner in the last 10min

Whistle Blows and MU players to stand on the pitch scratching their bollix

Confident of a win tonight.. don't ask me why, I've no reason to be confident but I expect us to win by 2. Here's hoping.

Bit of an odd move to use a quote from Ferguson complaining about too much individualism to support your view that lack of individualism is a problem...

he was complaining there was too much, i'm complaining as there is not enough, there is a happy medium. You need players to try things in the opposition 3rd. That's why I used to like Nani when he was at United. Yes he was frustrating at times but he wasn't afraid to try things. All our players apart from Martial don't try a thing.

[QUOTE=bangkok;98384538 All our players apart from Martial don't try a thing.[/QUOTE]

Oh I disagree. Our players do try.

Depay tries to run with the ball, fails mostly.

Young tries to cross to a teammate, fails mostly.

Rooney tries to trap the ball, fails always.

Mata tries to run fast, fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't know what to expect tonight, we should win but with how we are playing I don't know.
    Could be another tough night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement