Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

A loss against that mersyside shower now will make top 4 extremely difficult. He deserves to be sacked immediately, not because of tonight's game but because of where we are in the table at this stage of the season. It's not good enough, it's no where near good enough. It's actually a massive massive failure considering he has been in charge for a season and a half and has had all the chances and support any manager could ask for.

Bitterly disappointing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

glued wrote: »
    Why is he constantly changing the side? Why can't we put a 90 minute performance together under LVG? Why is it either attack or defend? Why are we still trying to defend a manager that has been a miserable failure at United?

Philosophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

4 fouls in the first 25 minutes, yellow card, then couldn't make a tackle for the rest of the game! Everything about his game disappoints!

Made a good few interceptions in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Fellaini is getting all the abuse but schneiderlin was nowhere to be seen all night. If he's the holding midfielder then he should be stopping counter attacks instead he disappeared

He was doing it fine for most of the night imo. Team started to get over run and we just kept turning over possesion. Not much he can do with lads swarming around him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ah here

You are raving

Plenty of chances to put the game to bed were missed. LVG can't put it in the net for them fs

Thats grand if it was a one off. But this is 2 months of football now where we are struggling big time to put away relegation level teams, and droping very stupid points to them. You can't put one result down to LVG but you can put down the entire string of dreadful results to him. He's the one whose job it is to stop a rot happening and he's failing big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im so worried about CL qualification :(

surely the board are

Good to see it's all Fellainis fault once more even though he probably won more ball than any other Utd player :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

bangkok wrote: »
    Fellaini's game by numbers vs #NUFC:
    0 interceptions
    1 yellow card
    4 fouls committed
    1 massive miss
    #MUFC

1 opposition assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    6 months into the season and now West am are ahead of us fcuks sake

and leicester are still ahead of us :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Headshot wrote: »
    Man utd throw away a match they should of won. At the end of the day its the managers fault. Bringing on Depay was a crap decision too

We wouldn't have scored the third goal we did without Memphis!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

0 interceptions
    1 yellow card
    4 fouls committed
    1 massive miss
    #MUFC

Bangkok's posts in the United super thread by numbers

500 complaints about Fellaini
    40 Fellaini should be sold posts
    12 other posts related to United

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When that ball got whipped by Memphis and I saw fellaini's position I was out of the chair, so convinced it was in. Those misses by Lingaard and Fellaini as bad as I've seen in so long in football. Lingaard too, jesus, whip it into the near post.

• Headshot wrote: »
    It doesnt matter M!Ck, at the end of the day its his responsibility. Newcastle were the better team in the 2nd half and deserve the draw but utd should be beating the likes of Newcastle.

Newcastle also had plenty of changes to win the match to, lets not forget that.

The likes of Newcastle?

Since when has the League this year shown anybody has the likes to beat anybody on there day? Some of you are living in the past.

Everybody wanted Utd to attack and take more risks and they did today.

We created more chances and there were two pivotal chances when the score was both 2-1 and 3-2 where there were abosulute sitters which were missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Fellaini is getting all the abuse but schneiderlin was nowhere to be seen all night. If he's the holding midfielder then he should be stopping counter attacks instead he disappeared

He didn't do much containing/breaking up play in fairness but the whole team got rolled over every time Newcastle pressed, not just him.

And we wouldnt be suffering from the defensive point of view if Depay was still on the bench.

Also one upside doesnt excuse how bad Depay was when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's win or bust now on Sunday

Hopefully Woodward has the balls to make the decision

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bangkok's posts in the United super thread by numbers

500 complaints about Fellaini
    40 Fellaini should be sold posts
    12 other posts related to United

:pac:

its soooooooooooo frustrating watching him. he is just, how do you put it.....SH1T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Whatever you think of Fellainis performance tonight, the constant name calling on here is pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    1 opposition assist

Won the header that led to the penalty

TheDoc wrote: »
    I thought Martial looked exceptionally sharp. His close control and ability to turn 180 is incredible

I thought he looked tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think I might start a thread

Hitler or Fellaini, who is more hated??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

0 interceptions
    1 yellow card
    4 fouls committed
    1 massive miss
    #MUFC

I seen him intercept the ball at least 5 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LVG really has to go at this stage.
    We either see United scoring 2+ goals but conceding 2+ goals or boring games with no score or the odd goal.
    I would settle for boring games if they were winning consistently.
    I hate to say this but Woodward really should give Mourinho a call...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That hardly absolves him of his duties when it comes to defending his own box. Lazy player and that effort at a tackle in the lead up to their equalizer was embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

its soooooooooooo frustrating watching him. he is just, how do you put it.....SH1T

Can you imagine what it's like reading your posts about him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

LVG can't put it in the net for them fs
    He can set up the team to make sure scoring 3 goals against Newcastle is enough to win the game though. Mclaren can feel just as aggrieved at his team not winning as LVG. Expectations have obviously been lowered at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well we wanted to be entertained

tumblr_ms2gyeyGGO1qm34qno1_500.gif

xLaM2Xx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Won the header that led to the penalty

Fair point

beno619 wrote: »
    Should have shut up shop after Rooney's goal and brought on a defensive player.

He did shut up shop.

Which player from the bench did you want on and for who?

They should have seen that out no problem, mental fragility and stupidity. Bottlers. That is all I have to say about them tonight. Bottlers.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

The lack of a proper left back really costs us in matches. That side of the pitch is so open it's not even funny.

The likes of Newcastle?

Since when has the League this year shown anybody has the likes to beat anybody on there day? Some of you are living in the past.

Everybody wanted Utd to attack and take more risks and they did today.

We created more chances and there were two pivotoal chances when the score was both 2-1 and 3-2 where there were abosulute sitters which were missed.

I really dont care about this kind of league. Newcastle are relegation fodder and we have miles better team (or supposed to have at least)

Why couldnt utd attack and once Rooney scored, close up shop? All the big teams do it. It really poor decision making.

I want utd to play better but I rather play ****e tonight and get the 3 points at the end of the day. The CL qualification is falling through the teams fingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I think I might start a thread

Hitler or Fellaini, who is more hated??

probably Fellaini. Hitler just gets away with it, better haircut and all that. Only person I ever saw who could rock a comb over.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thats grand if it was a one off. But this is 2 months of football now where we are struggling big time to put away relegation level teams, and droping very stupid points to them. You can't put one result down to LVG but you can put down the entire string of dreadful results to him. He's the one whose job it is to stop a rot happening and he's failing big time.

No what you are doing is outright disrespect to how challenging the English league has become and the standard of these "so called 3 pointer teams" I'm sorry to say it no longer exists.

I'm discussing this match by the way and yes we ****ed away 3 points because there were blatant chances missed at two critical points in the game.

People will be angry but honestly it was just one of those games. A much better performance than usual and were still creating chances while ahead for once that in most other games would have been put away. In the end the win didn't come because it deflected off a United player into the net from a shot from their (really shít) left back.

Overall there are a lot of good things to take from that. It was gutting to draw but 3 goals scored and should have been more, some bad defending but not irreversible on that front. Just one of those games.

I really dont care about this kind of league. Newcastle are relegation fodder and we have miles better team (or supposed to have at least)

Why couldnt utd attack and once Rooney scored, close up shop? All the big teams do it. It really poor decision making.

I want utd to play better but I rather play ****e tonight and get the 3 points at the end of the day. The CL qualification is falling through the teams fingers.

United did attack when Rooney scored. Let's not let what happened late on change that, they were getting players forward at a much higher level than usual with the lead.

• Advertisement

• Canadel wrote: »
    He can set up the team to make sure scoring 3 goals against Newcastle is enough to win the game though. Mclaren can feel just as aggrieved at his team not winning as LVG. Expectations have obviously been lowered at the club.

Yes, yes they have

You can't win forever. It doesn't make me any less of a fan

Strumms wrote: »
    That hardly absolves him of his duties when it comes to defending his own box. Lazy player and that effort at a tackle in the lead up to their equalizer was embarassing.

That hardly negates the good work he did for the goal. If we hadn't scored the third we wouldn't have been in a position to make a bollix of it. He wasn't the only one who was at fault for the goal though for the life of me I can't understand what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Good to see it's all Fellainis fault once more even though he probably won more ball than any other Utd player :rolleyes:
    What did he do with it then? Gave it away quite a bit too! I agree schneiderlin was pretty quiet, lucky for him fellaini was worse.

Strumms wrote: »

That hardly negates the good work he did for the goal. If we hadn't scored the third we wouldn't have been in a position to make a bollix of it. He wasn't the only one who was at fault for the goal though for the life of me I can't understand what he was doing.

He also was a threat and put in a peach of a cross on to the head of Fellaini who couldnt finish his dinner once again.

Memphis is way down my list of enemies from that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

adox wrote: »
    Whatever you think of Fellainis performance tonight, the constant name calling on here is pathetic.

Well I'll hold my hand up on that point but I'd be very impressed if, while watching the game, you didn't once describe his performance colourfully?

On a side note, I really wished he had scored that goal. He would have completed a move while playing to his strengths.

He's going to get booed by the fans soon and THAT is pathetic.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    United did attack when Rooney scored. Let's not let what happened late on change that, they were getting players forward at a much higher level than usual with the lead.

And thats the problem. You are asking for trouble in that circumstances. Jose would of closed up shop straight away. Pep would of passed the other team off the field.

Utd were far far to open.

He did shut up shop.

Which player from the bench did you want on and for who?

They should have seen that out no problem, mental fragility and stupidity. Bottlers. That is all I have to say about them tonight. Bottlers.

Should have hooked off a forward for CBJ or McNair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

On balance Newcastle probably deserved a draw in the end.

That Lingard miss was horrendous.
    We seem to see poor shooting a sitters missed in every game.

What's going on ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Next 6 Premier League Games

Liverpool
    Southampton
    Stoke
    Chelsea
    Sunderland
    Arsenal

as well as the Derby County game and two Europa games in there as well.

We have f**ked up big time in our last 7,8 games or so. We need to get back on a winning streak. We are well capable of taking 3 points against all those opponents. Although the result didnt go our way, we still created some fantastic opportunities and scored some really nice goals.

C'mon United!!!!!

fellaini is trending on twitter, lots and lots of United fans not happy one bit.

sickening.

should have been 4-2. game over keep the ball last few minutes, 3 points everyone happy and then onto liverpool. Now we and LVG under huge pressure, maybe his last game this sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Indeed, it might be an competitive league but that doesn't mean Newcastle aren't a rubbish team who until tonight couldn't score goals. And forget about last minute equalisers, they had plenty of chances to score during that game and it was no real shock that they eventually got the third.

Its ****ing Newcastle, shove each and every tired excuse up your holes because the fact is that we should be beating them at a canter. But this is where we are at, this is Van Gaals United, and its worse than Moyes ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

beno619 wrote:
    Should have hooked off a forward for CBJ or McNair.

Easy to say in hindsight, but CBJ at left back would have made a big difference in the final five minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Entertainment....... Shove your entertainment up your backside... We need to cop the F on us United fans , we want to win at the end of the day.

Entertainment pffffffft what a crock of piss

sigmundv wrote: »
    The lack of a proper left back really costs us in matches. That side of the pitch is so open it's not even funny.

Is there a GIF for Nail and head? Janmaat and Cissoko tore us a new 1.

Liam O wrote: »

Not necessarily very similar to the Wolfsburg game, we can attack or defend. Not both.

After 18 month's he hasn't been able to put out a balanced team/philosophy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement