Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower 28m28 minutes ago
    BREAKING: There's no point delaying the inevitable, so we are PAYING OUT on Louis Van Gaal to be the next #BPL manager sacked!

PP always ones to seek out a PR stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Carrick is gutted.

Looks like he's going to cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

TheTownie wrote: »
    PP always ones to seek out a PR stunt.

Aye, you just helped them with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    schneiderlain sitting on the bench looking at that ****.

fellaini is awful, even you have to admit that

You are embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭chicorytip

No other manager could do better given the calibre of player currently available. Even Tottenham have a stronger squad. The overall decline can be traced back to the end of the Ferguson era.

• Advertisement

Aye, you just helped them with it too.

#noregrets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

schneiderlain sitting on the bench looking at that ****.

fellaini is awful, even you have to admit that

Your point was we will never play good football with him in the team, we have done so before.

Your constant badgering of the one player after every result whether he has played well or not just shows that you cannot and should not be taken seriously.

• adox wrote: »
    Reheating beer usually spoils it.

:)

Cheered me up again

What ever happened to Morgan Schneiderlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »

haha

i would be embarrassed if i missed that sitter in the 2nd half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So do people here still want Van Gaal given money in window? I'm sure people still do, deluded.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

How anyone thinks Fellaini is fit to wear a united shirt is truly truly beyond me, he adds absolutely nothing to our team no matter what position he is played in. He wouldn't get into any of the sides who we deem to be the top 6 teams in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

lol at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man I feel so sorry for LVG :(

i think he knows he is getting sacked, cringe interview

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Louis finished that interview like he was a turkey in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

That stare at the end from LVG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God, that interview....he knows he's gone.

Asked if the right people are still backing him, his response: "We've lost the forth game, so wait and see".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

As a business, United are well run. as a football club it is a shambles and the man in charge of that for 3 years has to sholder most the responsibility for that now.

Okay, Good points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

He's gone and he knows it. Did ya see the look he threw the interviewer as he walked away !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I have to go watch the Leicester match now in the hope of seeing some good football today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Bringing in Jose could well mean Mata would be on his way out...and if that happened...well I don't even want to imagine what the thread would be like :P

secman wrote: »
    How anyone thinks Fellaini is fit to wear a united shirt is truly truly beyond me, he adds absolutely nothing to our team no matter what position he is played in. He wouldn't get into any of the sides who we deem to be the top 6 teams in the league.

some people think he brings something to our team. laughable

#welldonefellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

chicorytip wrote: »
    No other manager could do better given the calibre of player currently available.

People said the same about Ireland under Trapattoni.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He is right that Man Utd didn't dare to play in the first half, far too happy to whack it long. The issue is that by playing Fellaini in the 10 it surely only encourages that style of football, that he is not aiding Man Utd's attempts to play.

Will say though that stare at the end was killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

secman wrote: »

You think Fellaini is the problem at Utd like Bangkok does because it's just utter nonsense. He has an agenda against him and constantly picks him out(and him only)in his critique of Utd games. It's not even subtle, it's just embarrassing.

#fellainiin #josein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

No matter what, I'm grateful to LVG. He has left us in a far better position (playwrwise) than he started with.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    So do people here still want Van Gaal given money in window? I'm sure people still do, deluded.

Yes if he is till around.

The bigger question is if he will still be around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus that stare at the end when he walks away, the boys in studio didn't know what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Your point was we will never play good football with him in the team, we have done so before.

Your constant badgering of the one player after every result whether he has played well or not just shows that you cannot and should not be taken seriously.

Honest question, do you think Fellaini's a good enough player to be in a team that targets champions league qualification and possibly title challengers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose.

Jose was who I wanted when Fergie left, and I think if he had been appointed then, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. We've miraculously been given a second chance to get him in now, and shouldn't be turning it up.

Jose isn't exactly for playing attacking football, & comes with a lot of baggage so its a no for me.

You think Fellaini is the problem at Utd like Bangkok does because it's just utter nonsense. He has an agenda against him and constantly picks him out(and him only)in his critique of Utd games. It's not even subtle, it's just embarrassing.

#fellainiin #josein

all we do when he is on the field is pump in high balls to him and martial or whoever is feeding off the 2nd ball (thats if he wins it) its actually laughable

Van Gaal made the interesting comment about the players being afraid to play and how in the second half they played better when nothing to lose.

alright lads im going out on the beer now.

enjoy the rest of yer stephens day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Honest question, do you think Fellaini's a good enough player to be in a team that targets champions league qualification and possibly title challengers?

Thats not the point at all. It was said we will NEVER play good football with Fellaini in the team. That statement was as stupid as it gets because we have done so before.

I don't fully understand calls from so many for Mourinho. Hes a top manager but so was Van Gaal. They both have similar playing styles and approaches, not to mention Mourinho doesn't seem to give youth players as much of a chance and comes with a history of fines and bans. I honestly don't want him being brought in despite his success. If Van Gaal is sacked we need a manager with a different style in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

#fellainiin #josein

I said nowhere in the post that he was the sole reason, merely stated that he is not ,nor will he ever be fit to wear a united shirt, simply not good enough .

Could never understand why we bought him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

When you sleep in and miss the United match.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

#fellainiin #josein

Like those here who constantly blame Rooney, despite United being an arguably worse side when he's not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Thats not the point at all. It was said we will NEVER play good football with Fellaini in the team. That statement was as stupid as it gets because we have done so before.

I take your point on board, but that wasn't the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

How many games do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

alright lads im going out on the beer now.

enjoy the rest of yer stephens day

You're over 18?

#surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jose.

Jose was who I wanted when Fergie left, and I think if he had been appointed then, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now. We've miraculously been given a second chance to get him in now, and shouldn't be turning it up.

Jose is the manager United need
    Not the one they deserve/want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I don't fully understand calls from so many for Mourinho. Hes a top manager but so was Van Gaal. They both have similar playing styles and approaches, not to mention Mourinho doesn't seem to give youth players as much of a chance and comes with a history of fines and bans. I honestly don't want him being brought in despite his success. If Van Gaal is sacked we need a manager with a different style in my view.

There is no one else! And we need success very soon. That's why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Jose....
    Bring in Jose till the end of the season to pull us out of this rut. Then get rid of him. He's too volatile, has no development policy, plays sh1te uninspiring football and he'd probably try to buy Costa and Terry. Then break the bank to get Simeone and a good translator.
    LVG might have been OK for a while but he was being touted as possible Spurs manager before he came our way and tbh that's about the level I'd have left him at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Yes.
    I want to see him given his severance pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Saipanne wrote: »
    If Guardiola is not on the cards, who would ye take?
    Pochettino.
    chicorytip wrote:
    No other manager could do better given the calibre of player currently available.
    Korat wrote: »
    People said the same about Ireland under Trapattoni.
    The obvious difference being that Trappatoni was restricted to working without the use of a transfer system. This is Van Gaal's team, assembled by him, coached by him, and whose performances on the pitch directly reflect his personal footballing philosophy. There is no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

He is right that Man Utd didn't dare to play in the first half, far too happy to whack it long. The issue is that by playing Fellaini in the 10 it surely only encourages that style of football, that he is not aiding Man Utd's attempts to play.

Will say though that stare at the end was killer.

He's the manager, they were surely playing to his instructions and if not he should have said something about it.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    There is no one else! And we need success very soon. That's why.

Honestly think they would probably go with Giggs to take over till end of the season and then look for a replacement.

Giggs gets a good bit of run in and gets 4th place, board decide to give him the job but then next season goes belly up and he's sacked. Sorry that's just me speculating so if it happens and I can quote this :P

But all jokes aside I have a feeling we would see Giggs giving the control until the end of the season if VG is sacked.

EDIT: Also I don't see this happening and I know people don't rate him as much as me but I do love Andre Villa Boas and he is free end of the season. I know many don't rate him but he's just a manager I like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement