Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

RobertKK wrote: »
    Some people are fat but it is not PC to point out the obvious. LVG pointed out the obvious, if he had said you thin man, it would be fine, just by saying fat it is an insult.
    Fat people are fat and it is too much body fat...you wouldn't need a doctor to diagnose.

It's nothing to do with political correctness, it's simple manners. The fact that something is true or not has nothing to do with whether or not it is rude to unnecessarily refer to it.

If you actually lived your life by this nonsense that you've just made up you'd be a very lonely person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

I love watching LVG treat the press like the cnuts they are,i think it's hilarious how people are upset considering the amount of times Rooney and Anderson have been called it on this forum alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Any chance Gary Pallister will come out of retirement for Sunday,could do with his goal scoring power

Vidic is available he only needs to stand there and look scary.

2exydyw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Giggsy11 wrote: »

i think our best bet of getting into top 4 now is catching them..they have some difficult games left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I feel the top 4 is running away from us faster than most people actually realise.

My thoughts also. Under LVG we are starting to slip further and further behind our rivals. If Liverpool win against Arsenal they will be full of confidence and I'd fancy them to do a job on us at Anfield too.

Thanks to LVG we are now in a position where reaching 4th looks like it could be our best possible outcome this season.

£250m spent, the manager has had a year and a half in the job, and this is position the club are in.

Depressing.

scores going our way so far, need all 4 games to stay as they are though.

if chelsea win, they will have gained 6 points on us since they changed Manager.

without stating the obvious, if we dont get our act in gear quickly, they will pass us out in another 4-6 weeks, which would be a complete and utter disaster.

Edit - get in 2-2 and all other result still going our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

if chelsea win, they will have gained 6 points on us since they changed Manager.

without stating the obvious, if we dont get our act in gear quickly, they will pass us out in another 4-6 weeks, which would be a complete and utter disaster.

Edit - get in 2-2 and all other result still going our way.

City is finished 0-0

Edit: Leic 1-0 against Spurs

astradave wrote: »
    City is finished 0-0

shaping up to be a good night for us apart from the fact that i would say any slim chance we had of mounting a title challenge, ended tonight.

pity we f*cked up last night, could have made up ground on everybody around us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Leicester a goal up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

shaping up to be a good night for us apart from the fact that i would say any slim chance we had of mounting a title challenge, ended tonight.

pity we f*cked up last night, could have made up ground on everybody around us.

would have been a good night for us if we had of winning last night

Arsenal and City will finish in top 2 positions. we are in a serious fight with leicester, spurs, liverpool, and maybe west ham for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Leicester a goal up.

Good result for us.

Headshot wrote: »
    Good result for us.

it is f*ck. we are 9 points behind them now. a draw was ideal result there.

i think catching them would be a better option than Spurs, but after tonight the gap is huge and they have villa on saturday, we could be 12 points off them going to Anfield.

it is f*ck. we are 9 points behind them now. a draw was ideal result there.

i think catching them would be a better option than Spurs, but after tonight the gap is huge and they have villa on saturday, we could be 12 points off them going to Anfield.

You need to understand utd have no right being in the top 3 and once again fighting for top 4

Good result for us.

how??!!

they are arguably playing the best football in the league, with arguably the best player in the league Mahrez, a great defense, solid keeper, they are 9 points ahead of us now, starting to get hard seeing us catch them

You need to understand utd have no right being in the top 3 and once again fighting for top 4

who said anything about rights?

im talking about simple facts.

• Results really going our way

Spurs down
    Liverpool - Arsenal draw
    Man city draw

To name a few

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Results really going our way

Spurs down
    Liverpool - Arsenal draw
    Man city draw

To name a few

like i said earlier, we made no ground on anyone really, we drew last night, would have been a great week for us if we won

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

And we seem to just throw away our chances

• Advertisement

You dont understand it. Spurs are our main concern for 4th spot. Leicester are out of sight for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good night, not perfect but it's pretty close

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Unless they ship 9 past us, Pool can't go past us next game. But its still a 6 pointer for them, and possibly us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Results really going our way

Spurs down
    Liverpool - Arsenal draw
    Man city draw

To name a few

Arsenal and City are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They'll finish over 10 points ahead of United.

Amazing how similar that Liverpool-Arsenal game was to United's last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Results have gone our way but that means absolutely **** all if we don't get the results ourselves. We never seem to capitalise on our opponent's failures.

We ****ed up big time yesterday conceding 3 goals against a team who hadn't scored in games and ultimately we are being pushed down the table and top 4 looks a proper challenge now for us which is a ridiculous position for us to be in and is embarrassing for LVG.

He has stated many times that this season his goal is a title challenge. Yeah maybe he meant the Europa title...**** sake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Liam O wrote: »
    Arsenal and City are irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They'll finish over 10 points ahead of United.

Amazing how similar that Liverpool-Arsenal game was to United's last night.

Except Utd threw away a 2 goal lead against form table neighbours.

rtgbLAB.jpg

the players who we have sold during the summer, so far have scored 49 goals between them this season. they were all supposed to be injury proned, yet pretty much have had injury free seasons and have played 140 games between them.

let that sink in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

the players who we have sold during the summer, so far have scored 48 goals between them this season. they were all supposed to be injury proned, yet pretty much have had injury free seasons and have played 120 games between them.

let that sink in.

Ya.

VanGall is worse than Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Ya.

VanGall is worse than Hitler.

"Je suise LVG" campaign .......:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

the players who we have sold during the summer, so far have scored 49 goals between them this season. they were all supposed to be injury proned, yet pretty much have had injury free seasons and have played 140 games between them.

let that sink in.

Call bull**** on this? Source. And even if they have most of them are in ****ty leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

let that sink in.

That means absolutely nothing. The premier league isn't like any other league in the world and all those players have left and gone to a lower ****tier league.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Call bull**** on this? Source. And even if they have most of them are in ****ty leagues.

Hernandez has 19
    DI Maria has 9
    RVP 9
    Nani 8

Rafael, Evans, Cleverly and Falcao have 1 each.

37 of the goals have come either in european football, the french league, the bundesleague or the premier league.

Nani and RVP have 12 goal in the Turkish league.

Hernandez has 19
    DI Maria has 9
    RVP 9
    Nani 8

37 of the goals have come either in european football, the french league, the bundesleague or the premier league.

Oh God.

DiMaria couldnt get away quick enough.

RVP and Falcao couldn't buy a goal between them and were been paid up on half a million quid a week between them.

Cleverly, not even gonna dignify.

Rafael and Evans are defenders.

Nani was MASSIVELY inconsistent for us most of the time.

Chico never got close to that number of goals for us.

The Turkish league is dog shyt.

The German league has what, 2 or 3 really good teams in it.

You have reached Bangkok Vs Fellaini levels of ridiculousness.

You should have a lie down and put a cold compress on your forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hernandez has 19
    DI Maria has 9
    RVP 9
    Nani 8

Well Di Maria wanted to leave so disregard his. Nani & RVP's mostly in the Turkish league as I said. Hernandez is a loss but that's it.

Oh God.

RVP and Falcao couldn't buy a goal between them and were been paid up on half a million quid a week between them.

errm, can you tell me why you need to go through every single player on the list? i was asked for "proof" and i gave it, im clearly aware of the positions of certain players and the circumstances behind them.

no need to get so defensive and throw your toys out over something that you think is meaningless. i think its yourself who needs a lie down, your blood pressure appears to be ticking over big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just saw tonights results. I'm back being very angry again.

Every little opportunity we get, we **** it up.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Just saw tonights results. I'm back being very angry again.

Every little opportunity we get, we **** it up.

to be honest, im very happy after tonight's results, it was almost as good as it could have been.

a win sunday and we are in a really good position i think, with two more away games out of the way and maximum two points off 4th.

the only negative is that Leceister are more than likely 12 points ahead of us by the time we play (they play Villa). i would have expected us to be much closer to them by now, but we have f*cked it up.

Oh God.

Whatever about the rest of them, people saying Nani was inconsistent is consistently infuriating. Still consistently scoring and creating to this day.

errm, can you tell me why you need to go through every single player on the list? i was asked for "proof" and i gave it, im clearly aware of the positions of certain players and the circumstances behind them.

no need to get so defensive and throw your toys out over something that you think is meaningless. i think its yourself who needs a lie down, your blood pressure appears to be ticking over big time.

I went through every player because your post not only insinuated but flat out said that by selling the players that LVG and the club made a mistake.

I will give you Chico, i have said it before i think it was a mistake getting rid of him.

Nani is 50/50.

The rest though, the absolute right decision was to get rid of them when we did so you using players that were rightly sold as sticks to beat LVG and the club with is as pathetic and blinkered as it gets.

I went through every player because your post not only insinuated but flat out said that by selling the players that LVG and the club made a mistake.

I will give you Chico, i have said it before i think it was a mistake getting rid of him.

Nani is 50/50.

The rest though, the absolute right decision was to get rid of them when we did so you using players that were rightly sold as sticks to beat LVG and the club with is as pathetic and blinkered as it gets.

so answer the following -

do you think selling Evans and giving his place in the squad to Mcnair, was the right thing to do?

Di Maria didnt want to sign for us, but you know what he did. do you think that maybe, just maybe with a bit of better man management he could still be with us?

would you rather have Rafael as the back up right back or a combination of Valencia, Young, Jones and Varela who have alll played there this year?

look at the huge amount of chances falling to Fellaini - would you rather those chances and game time were falling to him or a finisher like Hernandez?

Nani should not have been sold without replacing him in the squad - Adnan probably was earmarked for this and ended up being loaned out after 4 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lol we're 6 points off city, we're shiit and Leicester have lost only 2 games

LOL.

Iol

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

do you think selling Evans and giving his place in the squad to Mcnair, was the right thing to do?

Di Maria didnt want to sign for us, but you know what he did. do you think that maybe, just maybe with a bit of better man management he could still be with us?

would you rather have Rafael as the back up right back or a combination of Valencia, Young, Jones and Varela who have alll played there this year?

look at the huge amount of chances falling to Fellaini - would you rather those chances and game time were falling to him or a finisher like Hernandez?

Nani should not have been sold without replacing him in the squad - Adnan probably was earmarked for this and ended up being loaned out after 4 games.

Hhywgjumdsbjikavjkkrrui aavjkos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nalz wrote: »

Drinks were nice then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Greeks do have funny names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Nalz wrote: »

Double Dutch. ....:)

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying but Hernandez wouldn't have been playing as a box to box centre mid and thus wouldn't be getting the chances that Fellaini does. It's not as simple as dropping him in and suddenly he gets into the positions that Rooney and Martial haven't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dozyart wrote: »
    I love watching LVG treat the press like the cnuts they are,i think it's hilarious how people are upset 1 considering the amount of times Rooney and Anderson have been called it on this forum 2 alone!

Not upset. Think it's unnecessary and a bit knobby. 1
    Not by the same people, obviously. 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

So according to rumours we're are signing Dragovic again, it's like the Gaitan transfer rumours all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/687408208688902145
    Anfield defeat for #MUFC could be end for Louis van Gaal

zerks wrote: »

Well done James Ducker. If LVG's United get beaten by their arch rivals in Anfield this weekend, and on the back of a shíte 2 months, then he could be fired.

Someone give that man a Pulitzer and a payrise.

For fúck sake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement