Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I missed all this craic during the week of LVG allegedly calling the reporter weight into ?......I hear said reporter has challenged LVG to see who loses/gains more pounds/points till end of season.

Is this true:)?

I think Ed may have lined up RTE as a sponsor of United and Neil saw the ads for operation transformation and mixed up that and fat as he was thinking about losing weight.
    So Neil just misheard Louis, and it has inspired him to lose weight.

Or maybe being the new year, Neil was thinking he needed to lose weight...

bangkok wrote: »
    leicester can afford to lose 3 games between now and end of season and if we won all our games between now and then we still wouldnt catch them.

we wont even beat liverpool tomorrow

bangkok, I take it you don't give inspirational speeches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Not really. You are saying Leicester definitely won't finish in the top four. That means that some other team must be in good enough form to take advantage.

Sure Leicester will have a sticky patch, but so will every other team. You really are writing them off far too quickly.

By the way I hope they do finish in the top four, even at our expense. I know that makes me a terrible fan but I don't care.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RobertKK wrote: »
    bangkok, I take it you don't give inspirational speeches?

reverse psychology :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

leicester can afford to lose 3 games between now and end of season and if we won all our games between now and then we still wouldnt catch them.

we wont even beat liverpool tomorrow

"Leicester will not be finishing in the top 4 this season"

Oh, and what you said is not true.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,871 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

By the way I hope they do finish in the top four, even at our expense. I know that makes me a terrible fan but I don't care.

No it doesn't. It just means you are not a United supporter at all, you are a Leicester supporter now, by defination. Stringerbell thinks your lot wont finish in the top four. Go on.. you tell him ! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I try to be optimistic before matches but I can't see us getting anything out of tomorrow :/

Klopp's high pressure will be a massive test for LVG's possession based football, and every time a team has put pressure on us in recent weeks, we've looked bad. They won't sit back and let us keep possession tomorrow.

Its going to be a goal fest; their defense isn't brilliant, but ours hasn't done particularly well either recently. But I can't see anything but a win for them, and the sight of Klopp doing laps up and down the field is going to be massively infuriating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ah I still consider myself a Utd fan, but not the rabid one I once was. Just think it would be great if a team like Leicester did it. But preferably at someone else's expense obviously.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I try to be optimistic before matches but I can't see us getting anything out of tomorrow :/

Klopp's high pressure will be a massive test for LVG's possession based football, and every time a team has put pressure on us in recent weeks, we've looked bad. They won't sit back and let us keep possession tomorrow.

Its going to be a goal fest; their defense isn't brilliant, but ours hasn't done particularly well either recently. But I can't see anything but a win for them, and the sight of Klopp doing laps up and down the field is going to be massively infuriating :(

The press has not been as evident in recent weeks overall, hoping that is the same tomorrow. They have to come forward also which will suit us.

I am not exactly confident of getting the win there but I'm literally giddy with excitement about the game :)

If we set up as we did v Newcastle we could actually do quite well. Just not **** it up.......like we did against Newcastle.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You think Leicester will get top 4? Would be some achievement for them wouldn't it? Saved from relegation at the death a year before and into the CL the next year :)

One of those "Carlsberg don't do" in the making.

If they had a kinder run in and/or a deeper squad I would be more inclined to credit them with a realistic shot, most years I would even be rooting for them in fact!

As I said, if they come through the 3 games at the beginning of February with decent results I will have to take them seriously. Results like todays will be more common though imo

The second round of games have just started and of the 3 they have played they already have spurs out of the way. Their remaining fixture list is much the same as every other top 4 contender. Leicester have to play everyone bar Bournemouth spurs and villa. This time tomorrow utd will have everyone bar Swansea Liverpool and Newcastle to play. 26 pts from 16 games 8 wins 2 draws and 6 defeats would mean they go extremely close to top 4. They have a great chance of getting that when you factor in their form this season and the last 10 games of last season. I'd give them a 50/50 chance. Spurs will get top 4 once kane doesn't get injured.

"Leicester will not be finishing in the top 4 this season"

Oh, and what you said is not true.

ok mystic meg

"We will win tomorrow"

We will sit deep and counter attack with pace like the Lingard goal against Newcastle.

Depay will score/assist and destroy some players with skill/pace.

Choo ****ing choo

*cant really see it happening though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The misery and downright depression that some people on here seem to have based on a billion pound corporation having a poor season has me concerned for their well being! Seriously lads I get annoyed when we play shít, have a bad result etc but for the rest of the week it in no way affects my life. Yes I get stick off mates etc but jesus some people here seem to get close to the edge just because Leicester have more points so far!

Do ye feel the same way in everyday life when say you go to the vending machine for a kinder bueno and a coke only to realise both are sold out and and that a guy from a different department has both sitting in front of him at his desk? Would you call your company a shambles? Blame the chief exec. and say its shocking that they only have twirls, twix and diary milks available?

I love the club just the same as everyone else but f*ck me do some people get way too emotionally involved.

ok mystic meg

Shirley you can't be serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,871 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

two very flawed sides really playing tomorrow. It could really go any way. A bad refereeing decision or someone loosing the head like Stevie G last year could be the winning or loosing of it. I was going to say something very insightful along the lines of these derby type games and form going out the window when I remembered that neither side has any... either way you HAVE to look forward to these games or whats the point. Gotta be positive a loss would be a downer.. a point a bit meh but to win tomorrow could be the start of something.... yeah finishing fourth behind Leicester :P "joking stringerbell"

#WinningInWhite is what United are promoting on twitter.

Going through all the games we won at Anfield while wearing white.

Mata since joining United has 3 goals and 2 assists against Liverpool. Need some of that tomorrow.

We can but dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we will get beat tomorrow

Sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

LeeJM wrote: »
    The misery and downright depression that some people on here seem to have based on a billion pound corporation having a poor season has me concerned for their well being! Seriously lads I get annoyed when we play shít, have a bad result etc but for the rest of the week it in no way affects my life. Yes I get stick off mates etc but jesus some people here seem to get close to the edge just because Leicester have more points so far!

Do ye feel the same way in everyday life when say you go to the vending machine for a kinder bueno and a coke only to realise both are sold out and and that a guy from a different department has both sitting in front of him at his desk? Would you call your company a shambles? Blame the chief exec. and say its shocking that they only have twirls, twix and diary milks available?

I love the club just the same as everyone else but f*ck me do some people get way too emotionally involved.

wlwtxh.gif

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsmdt-b3sE

love to see a bit of this tomorrow. our biggest game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

not sure how anybody can use the fixture lists as a reason why Leicester wont finish top 4, they have a very good run left compared to alot of teams - 9 home games, 7 away (same as us after tomorrow i think, albeit they will have 7-10 point advantage).

9 of those are games against teams from 10th or lower. outside of that, on current form they could easily get 8-10 points from their games against Liverpool (h), stoke (h), West ham (h) and us away.

if if they have a bad february, they still can recover from it and they can afford to drop 18-20 points overall at least and still have a massive chance to finish ahead of us for example.

do i think leceister will finish ahead of us? no i dont.

should anybody dismiss it as a possibility? no way, its very naive to do so as we enter the 2/3rd stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's not as if Leicester are where they are because they are going through a bit of good form, they are well worth where they are in the table and have played consistently good football since the start. It would take a collapse like a couple of key players injured for us to go ahead of them. And the reality of that is pretty sad for Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world.

They had a stat on Sky for Leicester which was not great.
    Several matches since Vardy or Mahrez last scored and 1 win in 5.

Really wish Lecister won today, that's a big blow for them imo.

sky just showed a form table there dating back to the start of November, we are 16th :eek::eek:

ahead of WBA on goal difference, 1 point more than Sunderland and then Swansea and Villa.

Surprised? We been kinda **** for while. :)

Surprised? We been kinda **** for while. :)

i didnt realise it was that bad though, seen as we were 2 minutes away from being 5th on tuesday and only 2 points off top 4. its a bloody miracle we still have a chance of a top 4 finish.

i know we were near the bottom of the last 6 form table, but that only goes back to Christmas week, this is going back another 6 weeks before that.

i didnt realise it was that bad though, seen as we were 2 minutes away from being 5th on tuesday and only 2 points off top 4. its a bloody miracle we still have a chance of a top 4 finish.

i know we were near the bottom of the last 6 form table, but that only goes back to Christmas week, this is going back another 6 weeks before that.

I would have guessed around 14th. Things have been terrible, and tomorrow might get worse.

While I think we get beat narrowly it would not totally surprise me if we won well too, but at minute it's narrow Liverpool win for me

we are missing -

Jones, Shaw, Valencia, Carrick, Bastian. you could say 3 first team players there

any idea who is out for them, from their first 11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

we are missing -

Jones, Shaw, Valencia, Carrick, Bastian. you could say 3 first team players there

Physio room says Origi, Coutinho, Lovren, Skrtel, Sturridge. Lovren might be back going by the dates listed.

EDIT: Klopp said its too soon for Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

we are missing -

Skrtel, Lovren, Origi and Coutinho are out from the first team, Ings and Gomez are Long term injuries, not sure if anyone else. Dunno if Sturridge is back or what

Edit: FU Townie :D

Homer, you tend to be not sure how I can say lots of things (without actually naming me). Given the trouble I went to earlier explaining it to you to be ignored and passive aggressively targeted again later I don't really feel the need to explain this one to you, its all been said at this point anyway.

Do me a favor though old pal will ya? Use my name in future cause sometimes when I'm skim reading through the thread its easy for me to miss your posts unless they appear to be something other then the usual. Cheers

*toddles off back to watch some NFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've decided on my prediction for tomorrow. 1-1, United to score first.

Keep in mind I'm atrocious at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think we will get beat tomorrow

Sorry!!

Yep I agree. Two poor teams but Liverpools pressing and fight will overwhelm Utd.

Could be any score though going by the midweek "defending" from both teams.

Utd won't have the stomach for it.

adox wrote: »
    Yep I agree. Two poor teams but Liverpools pressing and fight will overwhelm Utd.

Could be any score though going by the midweek "defending" from both teams.

Utd won't have the stomach for it.

our season has mirrored last year - decent enough in the big games, s*ite against the s*ite teams.

draw is the obvious result based on our recent results, but these games dont normally end level.

f*ck it, im going for a 2-1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm going with 0-0 both teams playing it too safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I hate everyone and everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    I hate everyone and everything.

Thats nice of you to say.

Imagine how you will feel after the match tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Anything but 3 points tomorrow will be terrible.

All that matters now are results. I couldn't care less about the performance if we get the points.

Newcastle game was a real wakeup call to me seeing how far behind we are getting from the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I've decided on my prediction for tomorrow. 1-1, United to score first.

Keep in mind I'm atrocious at this.

Liverpool will score first just put a few quid on Liverpool being 1_0 at the 20 minute mark, we had two past Arsenal at that stage on Wednesday such was the intensity of attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Liverpool will score first just put a few quid on Liverpool being 1_0 at the 20 minute mark, we had two past Arsenal at that stage on Wednesday such was the intensity of attack

Exeter put one past Liverpool after 12 minutes, put a few quid on United to score first and then Liverpool to score before the 20 minute mark

Play Pereira today for his corners. I hope mingolet has an absolute shocker today for the lols.

https://twitter.com/the_manutd_gifs/status/684272831396319232

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I wake this morning neevous and excited... Kinda like Christmas morning. Then I see Dave De Gea's interview and it's like the best Christmas present ever!!!

What he say?

• Advertisement

What he say?

He wants too become a club Ledgend

It's on sky sports

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He wants too become a club Ledgend

It's on sky sports

Excellent, hope he stays for long long time.

Just hope we have him winning trophies again in next season or 2

Here it is

Ahead of Manchester United's Super Sunday clash with Liverpool, David de Gea gives a rare interview in English to Sky Sports' Patrick Davison, declaring his desire to stay with the 20-time top flight champions and become a club icon...

It felt like a massive moment, the Theatre of Dreams coming alive as Anthony Martial burst past Martin Skrtel and then, after a split-second of calm, erupting as the 19-year-old slotted the ball past Simon Mignolet with all the coolness you'd expect from the 'new Thierry Henry'.

By the time he was done, Liverpool were beaten, the Premier League had a new star and Old Trafford had a new hero, but there was another huge story that day. In fact, there was another huge story in the warm-up.

That story was the return of David de Gea and the ear-splitting reception he received from the home fans as his name was announced before kick-off.

"I cannot describe how I felt in that moment," said the Spain international, who had been ready to return to his hometown and play for Real Madrid.

"In another country, at another club, the fans would not be the same as at Manchester United. They are some of the best in the world, it was unbelievable."
    De Gea's move to Madrid collapsed amid administrative chaos and finger-pointing between two of the world's great clubs on deadline day - four days before the Liverpool match and at around the same time as the club were making Martial the world's most expensive teenager.

It looked, initially, like a temporary reprieve, like De Gea would be lost to Madrid on a free transfer the following summer.

But a lot has changed since then. Firstly, De Gea signed a new contract and now, even if, as many suspect, that contract contains some sort of release clause, Madrid have been banned from transfer activity for the next two windows, anyway.

They could yet make a move in the last couple of weeks of January but a transfer seems unlikely. The very fact he was happy to do a rare interview in English with us for this week's Super Sunday indicates that he's settled and the club are relaxed. They and he could easily have dodged it.

"I'm happy, I'm enjoying it and I believe in the team," said De Gea, not sounding like a man on his way. In fact, when asked about the feats of Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar, he sounded like a man ready to dedicate at least the next few seasons of his career to the club.

"They were the greatest goalkeepers in the Premier League, they are legends for this club and that is what I want."

They could yet make a move in the last couple of weeks of January but a transfer seems unlikely. The very fact he was happy to do a rare interview in English with us for this week's Super Sunday indicates that he's settled and the club are relaxed. They and he could easily have dodged it.

"I'm happy, I'm enjoying it and I believe in the team," said De Gea, not sounding like a man on his way. In fact, when asked about the feats of Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar, he sounded like a man ready to dedicate at least the next few seasons of his career to the club.

"They were the greatest goalkeepers in the Premier League, they are legends for this club and that is what I want."

I train every day to be the best goalkeeper in the world, that is my aim.

In keeping De Gea, United clung on to a man close being the best in the world in his position and a man with the hunger to get even better.

"I train every day to be the best goalkeeper in the world, that is my aim," said the stopper who this week finished behind only Manuel Neuer in the voting for the FIFPro World XI.

"I'm not sure who the best is now, but it's what I want. Also, to win trophies for Manchester United."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Exeter put one past Liverpool after 12 minutes

Liverpool U21s...

sabat wrote: »
    Liverpool U21s...

Great excuse!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement