Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

May the force be with all the soccer mods today. I'm hoping to be too drunk to post here. I've a feeling it's going too be a busy one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Neil Custis on Sunday Supplement

Opening scene is him stuffing his face with a muffin.

Seems to be ok with it all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

LVG getting slammed fairly hard by the Sunday Supplement panel today which isn't surprising considering Neil Custis is one of the guests I suppose.

That being said, everything they have said is spot on IMO.

Basically saying that LVG has been given every support from the club but has failed and should have been sacked after Stoke. Also saying that Woodward is not sure of what to do about the situation, thst he wants to give LVG a chance but its not working out and he is reluctant to pull the plug.

More worryingly they're saying that Pep wants the Utd job as he has strong admiration for the history and culture at Utd but he has not gotten any approaches from the club and is now quite far along in a deal to join City.

There's nothing really to suggest that this is anything more than speculation of course but it does kind of tie in with what seems to be happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Great excuse!

If you're giving gambling tips these things tend to be important. But anyway, I've gone for 3-3 in the prediction league ; see you in the match thread-enjoy the game and may the best scum win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sabat wrote: »
    If you're giving gambling tips these things tend to be important. But anyway, I've gone for 3-3 in the prediction league ; see you in the match thread-enjoy the game and may the best scum win!

Well I'm not giving gambling tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

sabat wrote: »

Went for a few pints for the Newcastle game and one of the lads said 3-3. If he put money on it, he'd have made a fortune.
    66/1 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Quandary wrote: »
    LVG getting slammed fairly hard by the Sunday Supplement panel today which isn't surprising considering Neil Custis is one of the guests I suppose.

That being said, everything they have said is spot on IMO.

Basically saying that LVG has been given every support from the club but has failed and should have been sacked after Stoke. Also saying that Woodward is not sure of what to do about the situation, thst he wants to give LVG a chance but its not working out and he is reluctant to pull the plug.

More worryingly they're saying that Pep wants the Utd job as he has strong admiration for the history and culture at Utd but he has not gotten any approaches from the club and is now quite far along in a deal to join City.

There's nothing really to suggest that this is anything more than speculation of course but it does kind of tie in with what seems to be happening.

Media speculation about Pep. Where was the same media when it came to Martial joining us?
    LVG saying a while before that a striker no one was talking about was someone they were after. No one got it.
    Same media who said LVG had two games to save him job, the results were not good, LVG stays anyway.

They only know what they are fed, and when it comes to Pep, there is no club involved to leak stories or no reason for Ed to leak stories to the press.

The media have no clue when it comes to the manager's job at the club. The media just pretends to know to try and make it look they know what is happening. They have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

RobertKK wrote: »
    Media speculation about Pep. Where was the same media when it came to Martial joining us?
    LVG saying a while before that a striker no one was talking about was someone they were after. No one got it.
    Same media who said LVG had two games to save him job, the results were not good, LVG stays anyway.

They only know what they are fed, and when it comes to Pep, there is no club involved to leak stories or no reason for Ed to leak stories to the press.

The media have no clue when it comes to the manager's job at the club. The media just pretends to know to try and make it look they know what is happening. They have no idea.

I suppose all will become clear at the end of the season. Let's just hope we are not looking at a situation where Pep joins City and we appoint Giggs.

Today's game will be interesting to say the least.

Valencia losing 1-0 at home to Rayo Vallecano.

Poor gary might be out of a job tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Hope he goes straight back to sky mnf has gone to the dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Fine goal for Negredo there now

Fine goal for Negredo there now

1-2 now

Their defence is shocking and they cant seem to pass the ball.

Every game they seem to only have between 50%-60% pass accuracy which is shockingly bad.

Meanwhile Rayo bring on Manucho and Bebe is on the bench. Rayo must be the United flop feeder team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rayo must be the United flop feeder team

We've 4 or 5 of them. West Brom , Preston, Leceister and a few more!

Drinkwater man of match yesterday and ctrl Alt getting game time also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Sunderland too

Perfect goal there ruled out wrongly for offside. The luck just aint with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

There is more to it.

Their first choice RB is Danny Simpson. ManUtd academny product. Back up is De Laet, again not a academy product but reserve player at United.

Their LB was Schlupp who was on trial with United 2 years back but deemed not good enough.

Their first choice CM is Drinkwater, ManUtd academy product.
    Their previous first choice CM was Matty James (He is injured now), again ManUtd academy product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Juan8 wrote: »
    Sunderland too

Is Sunderland not more of a retirement home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Same team as midweek; fear for us now TBH

1 hour of excitement left, then 80 minutes of misery, 10 minutes of hiding behind the couch, followed by an evening of disappointment. Enjoy the hour lads and lasses.

• Advertisement

Same team as midweek; fear for us now TBH

Im gone past fear now what happens happens if we gonna get a crap result let's hope it's an entertaining game and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Is Sunderland not more of a retirement home?

At the minute with only John and Wes there I suppose so, I remember years ago we always sold them youths who were not good enough and flops but :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

JOSE MOURINHO believes he will get the Manchester United job within six months.

The Special One has even asked his trusted staff who would be willing to join him.

Louis van Gaal is clinging on as Red Devils’ boss but defeat at Liverpool today would push the Dutchman closer to the brink.

Mourinho is liked by Alex Ferguson and there has been informal contact between the Portuguese coach and United.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6866194/Jose-Mourinho-Reddy-to-boss-Manchester-United.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Same team as Tuesday
    We're goosed
    Bench looks shambolic
    Squad paper thin in any impact or quality

Peter Schmeichel pushing Gary Neville for manager, has not proven anything so far, just helped get Benitez sacked, which was coming anyway.

Hopefully Fellaini plays as #10 and Herrera in midfield. If we play 4-1-4-1 like last season then even better. Our midfielders and defenders need a target man to bypass all the pressing and in our squad there isn't anyone better than Fellaini for that.

• Advertisement

Mata will come on and be involved in a goal.

Good to see Schmeichel challenging the other two goons even if he did waffle a little bit.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Mata will come on and be involved in three goals.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

jayo26 wrote: »
    Good to see Schmeichel challenging the other two goons even if he did waffle a little bit.

If Souness didn't keep butting in he wouldn't have stumbled over his words so much.

Big Dave speaks!

De Gea interview on ss1 now

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    If Souness didn't keep butting in he wouldn't have stumbled over his words so much.

Big Dave speaks!

Definitely yhh i think they were surprised someone was standing up to them. I hate pundits that dont argue their point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

At work so missed, what was the big Dane saying?

Hococop wrote: »
    At work so missed, what was the big Dane saying?

Waffle waffle Neville next manager waffle waffle injuries waffle waffle De Gea is a legend waffle.

Pretty much sums it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Schmeichel is a great man for talking a lot without actually saying anything of substance.

adox wrote: »
    Schmeichel is a great man for talking a lot without actually saying anything of substance.

What i got from him talking about Herrera is that he likes Herrera but he dosnt like Herrera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

adox wrote: »

This, talking utter bile. Carragher & Souness handing him his arse.

Fellaini starting is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Toure and Sakho at centre half and Mignolet between the sticks, fancy getting something from that although they'll attempt to swarm the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Rooney hasn't scored since 2005 at Anfield? Hopefully he can change that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Think we've started well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Lucas has been involved in 3 incidents and no card yet. Had it been our afro man he'd have seen a coloured card !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

United players look like they're running in a bog. Insanely slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

As an attacking force at the moment we are quite rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lingard needs to come off, Mata on. He has been non existent first half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

bangkok wrote: »
    Lingard needs to come off, Mata on. He has been non existent first half

Lingaard in my opinion isn't good enough to play for united.

Right now I will take a draw, we have been absolute rubbish again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Headshot wrote: »
    As an attacking force at the moment we are quite rubbish

We're pretty rubbish in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

I hope he takes Fellaini off, the guy excels at literally nothing. I can see him taking Herrera off though who has been pretty poor tbf for Mata.

United look shockingly disorganised. Would surely be one or two behind already against decent opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    I hope he takes Fellaini off, the guy excels at literally nothing. I can see him taking Herrera off though who has been pretty poor tbf for Mata.

Our only outlet at the minute. If anyone thinks fellaini is bad just look at schnederlin, he has been worse.

• Advertisement

United look shockingly disorganised. Would surely be one or two behind already against decent opposition.

Biggest culprit is Darmian. He was awful and out of position for every attack. Wandering in the center midfield position and leaving LB slot open.

Good that he is shifted to RB but apart from first few games he looked awful in most.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement