Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

Mata has been good in recent battles with Liverpool. Although his form has been sub-par lately, I fancy him to have far more of a presence in this match than Lingard.

Martial has been the one glimmer of light for us in a very sloppy first half.

Edit: Darmian and Borthwick-Jackson at full back is nice to see in regards to players being played in their best positions. Shame it came as a result of an injury to Young though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Today's match looks every bit the mid table clash it is. No quality on display whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A couple of corners in a row(probably Utds best chance of scoring and one of Liverpools weakest points) and the delivery from Blind was brutal. Very frustrating.

Totally impotent as an attacking force, Utd look relatively comfortable until Liverpool up the pace where they just can't live with them. Fellaini and Schneiderlin have done of together as a pair in the middle and surprisingly it's been Fellaini finding himself as the deeper covering midfielder more often than not.

Young was poor so no big loss coming off and I'm glad to see Darmien back in his favoured position. Also don't understand why Martial and Lingard started on opposite wings to midweek when they did so well.

Anyway really poor quality from both teams and Utd look the lesser of the teams.

Pretty depressing stuff but not unexpected.

bangkok wrote: »
    Lingard needs to come off, Mata on. He has been non existent first half

Think the wide players should be swapped around to how they played midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

crazy to think we have no striker on the bench to come on. Martial looks like he is the only one who will do something.

Put giggs on the left, Keane scholes in the middle and beckham on the right, 2 up top cole and yorke..... oh sorry was just dreaming there

• Advertisement

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    I hope he takes Fellaini off, the guy excels at literally nothing. I can see him taking Herrera off though who has been pretty poor tbf for Mata.

What has Fellaini done wrong today to warrants him being taken off at half time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

adox wrote: »
    What has Fellaini done wrong today to warrants him being taken off at half time?

I agree, there have been worse players today then him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

In 30 odd years following Utd this is the worst ****e I have seen. The team are totally disorganized and clueless.
    And to think that some posters here and other fans you'd talk to say we have made some progress!!!. Laughable

He's right though.

Let's not forget we have a LB come CM playing at centre half and no striker to bring on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Blaming fellaini for everything is simply stupid. Van gaal has a quarter of a billion worth of players playing utterly ****e football.

Oi van gaal.... Go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Two poor teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

We need to act fast and remove van gaal.

If giggs was given job til pep or mourinho come in at least we might see some attack minded football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Two poor teams.

Yup its sad we are like Liverpool these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Martial has been United's best defender. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Fair play to Jones and Rojo. Right in the middle of the United fans.

No shots on goal by utd, typical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Lingard has been shocking. Can't see him ever being good enough.

dubmick wrote: »

carrick in their as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

dubmick wrote: »

Carrick is in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

To quote Pat Spillane, it's puke football by both teams.
    If you saw this stuff down the local park you'd walk away after ten minutes.

Real Madrid are four nil up after twenty minutes at home and flicking between the channels you'd be forgiven for thinking you were watching two completely different sports.

To quote Pat Spillane, it's puke football by both teams.
    If you saw this stuff down the local park you'd walk away after ten minutes.

Real Madrid are four nil up after twenty minutes at home and flicking between the channels you'd be forgiven for thinking you were watching two completely different sports.

in fairness this is the biggest and most intense rivalry in english football. Madrid are playing sporting gijon

Fellani not even interested. Should be ashamed of himself

lots of boo's when herrera was taken off

I think LVG reads Boards and he is trolling bangkok.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Fellani not even interested. Should be ashamed of himself

Ah would ya go way outta that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Worst Liverpool v United match I've seen in years. Unbelievable how poor both teams are.

yessssssss
    sssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

FELLAINI ASSIST!!!!!!!!!!!

KIND OF!!!!

• Advertisement

Get the **** in!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

madcabbage wrote: »
    Rooney hasn't scored since 2005 at Anfield? Hopefully he can change that today.

:)

adox wrote: »
    Ah would ya go way outta that.

Fellani has been nothing short of terrible today and should have come off before hererra

Fellani has been nothing short of terrible today and should have come off before hererra

No he hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I was just about to sigh about how Madrid are 4-0 up after 18 mins in Zizou's second game in charge.

Lets get Giggs in...but feck that King Van Gaal what:p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

*bull**** gif*

He has been one of Uniteds better performers. That's saying something about the rest of the team

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    *bull**** gif*

He has been one of Uniteds better performers. That's saying something about the rest of the team

One assist doesn't cover up 85 mins of ****

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Talk about stealing a win.

While I celebrated the goal, the preformance was so, so poor and it feels like one of those "kicking he can down the road" matches. It will keep LVG in the job for a while, another scrappy 1-0 win where we looked by far the worse team.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Liverpool will score first just put a few quid on Liverpool being 1_0 at the 20 minute mark, we had two past Arsenal at that stage on Wednesday such was the intensity of attack

Muahahaha

massive ****ing massive 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think we all need to take a moment to relish how fúcking shít Liverpool are.

We're pretty bad at the moment but that useless shower of shít couldn't even beat us, at home, with their new messiah.

Thanks Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Keep that red flag flyin' high...cos Man United 'll never die!

/Liverpool fans

Ya well i don't care cos it keeps VanGall in a job.

Hur de hur hur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Massive 3 points today, delighted for Rooney. Good to see us grind wins out the hard way, can only be good for the team.

Delighted with the win but hardly deserved. Surprised other regulars here think Utd deserved the three points.

Better in the second half but utter ****e really.

Two very very poor teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

That was, without any close comparison, the worst Liverpool-United game I have ever seen.

But who cares :D:D:D:D 4 from 4 against Liverpool for Van Gaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Good finish by Rooney. Lucky to win but my god Pool were awful up front. I've never seen a united and Liverpool team as poor as these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Liverpool deserved the win but happy to see Rooney on the score-sheet again.

Hopefully his form continues, he's had some start to the year.

Choo choo.

We are going to get top 4.

Morgan and Ander will start every game and will stay fit for the remainder of the season.

Rooney will find form and go on a scoring streak of no less than 5 games, starting this weekend.

Luke Shaw will return before the end of the season to consolidate our 3rd place finish (behind City and the Arse)

We will threaten to make a tilt at the title but fatigue will take its toll and a comfortable third place finish will be ours.

Choo choo.

Hello.

My name is Mystic Ned.

You are all welcome.

I accept gratitude in the form of postal orders or PayPal.

You must pay the PayPal fees though.

2 points off 4th, 7 points off top. #VanGaalIn

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am so happy right now.

For all the complaints about Fellaini that some have, he played a crucial role in the goal, and isn't it great to see Rooney these past number of games where he is so alive in front of goal and striking the ball lovely.

What mattered was the result.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement