Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Massive 3 points!... two average teams but a loss would have been a disaster in terms of top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    *bull**** gif*

He has been one of Uniteds better performers. That's saying something about the rest of the team

Have to agree there. I though he was really good today which is hard for me to say.

Going to add a De Gea jersey to my collection, only other gk jersey i own is

5f263fea12479666336b5712ebfd38fe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

3 points was all that matters. Martial has the potential to be an incredible player. Delighted for Rooney, he hasn't been at the races in a long time but he has been grafting hard and is doing his best to play himself back into form.

Fellaini had a good game for us too in fairness to him.

LVG lives to fight another few days after that result.

Now to bask in the glory that is a disgruntled Souness unable to hide his contempt for Man Utd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    Delighted with the win but hardly deserved. Surprised other regulars here think Utd deserved the three points.

Better in the second half but utter ****e really.

Two very very poor teams.

Agreed. Created nothing again from open play. Two or three great breakaways at the end and took the wrong option each time

Cant wait for the LVG press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rossi IRL wrote: »

"You're all fat."

*Drops mic*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Whats the issue with Darmian left back and Young right back?

Darmian is natural at left back, for about the 18,000,000,000,87 time. Young on the right means he is able to get balls into the box quicker in theory as he does not have to cut back, which he always done when playing on the left. I don't think its anything to do with trying to be clever. It just makes more sense, to me anyway. The simplest approach perhaps ;)

Today we saw the perfect example of playing players in their natural position. Darmian was awful as LB in the first half, switched to RB in the second half and he looked very calm and composed. More importantly very solid.

p.s: Didn't want to reply and go in circles, just that today's game reminded me of this post. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching MUTV for it, whenever they show it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Result will only enforce his belief that this sort of gameplan works which is very depressing.

It was a bloody awful performance for the most part and the result will gloss over that.

Kicks the can a little further down the road again on his Utd career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Get
    The
    F*ck
    In

200.gif

RobertKK wrote: »
    Watching MUTV for it, whenever they show it.

Same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Lucky win but we'll take it, Liverpool had enough chances to win it. Lingard a worry for me, gives away a lot of ball.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Today we saw the perfect example of playing players in their natural position. Darmian was awful as LB in the first half, switched to RB in the second half and he looked very calm and composed. More importantly very solid.

p.s: Didn't want to reply and go in circles, just that today's game reminded me of this post. :pac:

You are right though and it's especially stupid to play him out of position when only one of the other three in the back four are actually playing in their natural position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Reading the Liverpool thread is great at the moment. They can't believe that 'the worse united team has done the double on them'. What does that say about their team?

Lucky win but we'll take it, Liverpool had enough chances to win it. Lingard a worry for me, gives away a lot of ball.

Lingaard isn't good enough, and it just shows the lack of wingers we have at the club that he continues to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Terrible performance all round but the win is what matters

The sourness of Liverpool fans is amazing

2 points off 4th, 7 points off top. #VanGaalIn

Let's not go over the top. I still feel that a change at the top is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Considering how poor we are it's incredible that we're still in touch with top 4. Puts in perspective how poor (quality wise) this season is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

edgecutter wrote: »
    Let's not go over the top. I still feel that a change at the top is needed.

I was not being entirely serious.

https://twitter.com/BPLZone/status/688749693212487680

For anyone who can see that Twitter link of Jones in the crowd, that is how I'm feeling. Hopefully he wasn't injured in the melee.

Nobody expected us to get those 3 points, and just as few expected the team to see out that lead until the end. I'm going to enjoy the result for the rest of the day, and think about the performance and future implications later. Rooney scored the winner in Anfield today and celebrated like someone who won the Powerball lottery, that'll do for now.

• Advertisement

Be great if stoke could do a number on the Arse now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Shades of the game where John O Shea stole the victory in the end :) Loved it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I don't give a f*ck how bad we played, on days like today all that matters is 3 points.

It was awful at times, but that makes it even sweeter. LVG must be the luckiest man in world football.

A similiar result last season turned our season around, hopefully this does the same. First time in 3 months having something to celebrate, we will enjoy this one now for a while and hopefully we get a reaction next Saturday.

A center half and a winger would be nice this week but I guess that's too much to ask!

Come on Stoke, the league is there to be won and we do have a chance whatever one thinks.
    There is no exceptional team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mata will come on and be involved in a goal.

:eek:

The doom has been lifted (temporarily) it feels wonderful!

Giggsy11, we will not go round in circles with replies just know I disagree with what you are saying ;)

Enjoy the day gents! ****in love games against Liverpool!!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Borthwick-Jackson was extremely calm on the ball today - in such an intense game, at Anfield, hats off to the boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

had to laugh when rooney scored, van gaal went to write something down and then didnt know what to write!!

love beating liverpool especially at anfield. a great ****ing day

My belief that Rooney will hit 20 goals gets stronger and stronger...I should have put money on it during the week with a couple of posters.

zerks wrote: »

Interesting, only 18 years old, plays a lot for Benfica and this season has scored 6 goals in 26 games, and has CL experience.
    Maybe United looking to bring in a midfielder with the potential for lots of goals.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    had to laugh when rooney scored, van gaal went to write something down and then didnt know what to write!!

love beating liverpool especially at anfield. a great ****ing day

Must be a conflicting day though on a personal note? To see Fellaini be one of our better performers (no great feat) and to play such an instrumental part in the win, majestically rising to beat 4 Liverpool players to the ball?

:)

Van Gaal wrote: Wayne scored, but he did not take a touch to steady himself first. Do not forget to admonish him for this later.

My belief that Rooney will hit 20 goals gets stronger and stronger...I should have put money on it during the week with a couple of posters.

He is starting to show really nice form so hopefully that continues.

Looks a different player to what we saw earlier in the season. You can nearly feel his confidence when watching him now.

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have put money down. ;)

He is starting to show really nice form so hopefully that continues.

Looks a different player to what we saw earlier in the season. You can nearly feel his confidence when watching him now.

There was rumours he had an illness and was given a few weeks off, maybe those stories were true and the time off did him wonders.

Has looked a completely different player lately , even in the games he didn't score in he was our best player- Stoke and Chelsea.

Come on Stoke, the league is there to be won and we do have a chance whatever one thinks.
    There is no exceptional team this season.

Utd have no hope of winning the league. It's folly to think otherwise.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Borthwick-Jackson was extremely calm on the ball today - in such an intense game, at Anfield, hats off to the boy!

I am liking him, great player to have.

To see Fellaini be one of our better performers .

Not sure if serious???????

ElChe32 wrote: »

Was thinking the same. Wasn't happy to see him come on, but my word did he have a solid game.

Putting Darmian in his actual natural position, Made a huge difference also, settled us down no end. I hope he isn't moved out of RB for the rest of the season, he ain't a left back.

Utd have no hope of winning the league. It's folly to think otherwise.

That is a defeatist attitude.

Have to see what Arsenal do today, but still just 6 off City and 7 off Leicester and Spurs two points away.

Never give up...until it is impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Robson99 wrote: »
    Not sure if serious???????

Very much so, always showing for the ball. Good controlled aggression, particularly in the second half held the ball well and kept possession, made some good tackles/interceptions and of course he was instrumental in the goal.

If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't have put money down. ;)

Knowing my awful luck with betting, had you done so he'd have ended up on 19!

That is a defeatist attitude.

Have to see what Arsenal do today, but still just 6 off City and 7 off Leicester and Spurs two points away.

Never give up...until it is impossible.

It's not a defeatist attitude. It's a realistic attitude from my perspective at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Was thinking the same. Wasn't happy to see him come on, but my word did he have a solid game.

Putting Darmian in his actual natural position, Made a huge difference also, settled us down no end. I hope he isn't moved out of RB for the rest of the season, he ain't a left back.

It would be no harm to leave Darmian at RB and give Borthwick J a chance to claim that LB spot over the next few games. With young out injured it might be a case that LVG has no other choice.

Very much so, always showing for the ball. Good controlled aggression, particularly in the second half held the ball well and kept possession, made some good tackles/interceptions and of course he was instrumental in the goal.

OMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's great to have a win, but the performance was woeful and we shouldn't be going into games like these acting as if we are some sort of plucky underdog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

brilliant goal by rooney, could easily have leaned back and put that high into the stand, was great technique

Robson99 wrote: »
    OMG

Sorry it shocks you.

Tell you what, where do you rank Fellaini's performance today among the rest of the players?

Edit: Actually **** that don't answer I refuse to argue with any of ye today!

Fellaini was one of our better performers imo, I've given my reasoning if your is different and you can't explain it in any other way then OMG that's great too.

What is up with the video from Anfield on MUTV, first LVG and now the Schneiderlin interview. I have seen clearer video come from Mars.

It's not a defeatist attitude. It's a realistic attitude from my perspective at least.

That is fair enough.

I still think the league is there to be won still.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement