Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Van Gaal entering the press conference like..

1eHNYO0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Sorry it shocks you.

Tell you what, where do you rank Fellaini's performance today among the rest of the players?

Edit: Actually **** that don't answer I refuse to argue with any of ye today!

Fellaini was one of our better performers imo, if your is different that's great too.
    His performance in relation to the other players is totally irrelevant and just a weak argument to make him look good. Most of the team were poor today and he was really poor again. Even the fans were disgruntled when Herrera came off in place of fellani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Him being one of our better performers today is irrelevant in relation to our players performances today....ok

Great!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Him being one of our better performers today is irrelevant in relation to our players performances today....ok

Great!

I didn't say he was one of our better performers. Stop twisting my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

stankratz wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BPLZone/status/688749693212487680

For anyone who can see that Twitter link of Jones in the crowd, that is how I'm feeling. Hopefully he wasn't injured in the melee.

Knowing Jones,he probably injured everybody around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No Fellaini fights today please, wait till tomorrow... he did help create the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Robson99 wrote: »
    I didn't say he was one of our better performers. Stop twisting my post

No, I said he was one of our better performers today. You took great offence by that and the reason it is so preposterous is that
    you wrote:
    His performance in relation to the other players is totally irrelevant
    Terrific counter.

No twisting necessary.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lets hope Stokelona can bring in the second half of my double :D pretty poor game it has been so far

astradave wrote: »
    Lets hope Stokelona can bring in the second half of my double :D pretty poor game it has been so far

Love Stokelona...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Robson99 wrote: »
    Even the fans were disgruntled when Herrera came off in place of fellani
    But what does it tell you that in both of the last two games, Herrara has been hauled off midway through the 2nd half and Fellani has remained on the pitch. And even today, Fellani was one of the stronger performers. It tells me that not only is Herrara not trusted/not good enough to play in midfield without Schneiderlinn and Fellani beside him, but he can't even perform to the expectations many fans have of him when they are there to play alongside him. Herrara is quickly becoming Kagawa II. On paper both Mata and Herrara should be integral to Man Utd, but the reality is far different, and many fans are blinded to this or just refuse to see it.

• Advertisement

CY72ugJWEAEC-Ue.jpg

Next game is at home next Saturday on Setanta at 3pm against Southampton, who are 7 points behind us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I have to say, when I saw that lineup I wanted Fellaini out and Memphis in after the Newcastle game. That said, he played well and helped with the goal. CBJ also played quite well when he came on and Darmian at RB looked comfortable. Nice to see Rooney back scoring consistently.

Morgan wasn't great today again. Smalling was a bit shaky also. DDG a well deserved man of the match. What a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's nice to see the doom and gloom lifted in here, even if its prolly only temporary.

First half we were dross, second half we were much better but still lacking in the final third.

A good team would have beaten us.

Lucky for us we were not playing a good team.

I'd rather beat that lot this way every single game rather than stuffing them by two or three.

The undeserved victories are the sweetest of all.

Yippee

If Stoke could manage not to lose but instead win today, it would mean United, City and Arsenal would have lost the same number of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Only for Dummets flukey goal against us in midweek,it'd have been a perfect week and start to 2016. On too Southampton next weekend and another 3 points and hopefully Carrick,Schweni and Jones back fit.

Any news on how Young is ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Only for Dummets flukey goal against us in midweek,it'd have been a perfect week and start to 2016. On too Southampton next weekend and another 3 points and hopefully Carrick,Schweni and Jones back fit.

No news but my initial reaction when seeing him go down first time was that he injured his groin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

KH25 wrote: »
    Smalling was a bit shaky also. DDG a well deserved man of the match. What a player.

DDG was good but apart from the save from Can, everything else was routine, had any of them went in, serious questions would have been asked.

Smalling was outstanding in my opinion and I thought he would get mom. I think giving DdG man of match is giving Liverpool too much credit , they were terrible in front of goal.

No but on his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/youngy18/status/688768742583595010

Hard to beat winning at Anfield 1f479.png1f534.png1f479.png1f534.png#mufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Today once more demonstrated how one dimensional our attack is,too many times players were having to take on 3 or 4 defenders by themselves with little support or runners going ahead of them to give an option of a pass.

Fellaini being on the pitch was one of the main reasons Liverpool couldnt do there mad pressing game so he was playing a massive part by just being on the pitch...
    He also had a good game and assisted a goal and was unlucky not to score himself.

2 kinda assists in 2 games the new Ozil :pac:

Lol....Louis certainly is a character anyway-
    "@samuelluckhurst: Van Gaal just walked past mixed zone and asked if we were cold.
    'Yes.'
    'Good,' he replied, without malice. #mufc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2 awful teams but we were not lucky either. We took our chance, it was not a smash and grab like 06\07.

Will it kick start our season? Doubt it, but hopefully it gives us some optimism.

article-3403653-3043809A00000578-14_308x323.jpg

3042BC8400000578-0-image-a-33_1453043674856.jpg

3042F2E100000578-3403698-image-a-8_1453045585137.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Love this guys passion, even though he had a poor enough game.

https://twitter.com/manutdvines/status/688771936978100224

Thats him going mad at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Is this a new craze where injured players sit in with the fans ?

Is this a new craze where injured players sit in with the fans ?

It happens all the time,players go in with the fans.IIRC Carrick has done it a bit before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Yessss!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

zerks wrote: »
    It happens all the time,players go in with the fans.IIRC Carrick has done it a bit before.

Fair enough only noticed it when I seen rojo there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

zerks wrote: »

Young and Fletcher too. Loads of them do it. Apparent they love going in with the away fans in particular.

• Happy out...****ing brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Arse just after drawing.7 points of the top now. It's ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rooneys best run of goal scoring form, in almost 4 years - last time he scored in 4 consecutive games was march 2012.

Arse just after drawing.7 points of the top now. It's ON.

the frustrating thing, is the league is crying out to be won. weve had one of our worst seasons in 30 years, and we are still within 7 points of top.

i know every team can say the same, but when weve dropped silly points against the s*ite teams, it makes it even more frustrating. all in all though, its been a good week for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/688789201857331200

Shame couldn't join them as I wasn't in Bangalore. Also I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Nice see LVG and Giggs having few laughs together today, as many thought they were gonna kill each other:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just having some warm apple pie and freshly whipped cream.

Tastes good m8s.

• Advertisement

sky giving out the impression now that they believe its our worst performance of the season today, but our best result.

liverpool fans must be sick, we played muck and still beat them:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the frustrating thing, is the league is crying out to be won. weve had one of our worst seasons in 30 years, and we are still within 7 points of top.

i know every team can say the same, but when weve dropped silly points against the s*ite teams, it makes it even more frustrating. all in all though, its been a good week for us.

It's mad considering how poor we have been. Technically we are still very much in contention however in reality I don't think even the most optimistic among us see us putting a run of results together between now and the end of the season that will see us challange. I'm still going for Arsenal and City in that order and 3rd and 4th there to play for...

I'm delighted though after today. We were the better side in the second half and in this and the last couple of games the fear in the team when it comes to going forward and taking a risk with a pass and committing players seems to be disappearing a bit. We have a hell of a ways to go but I think before we are playing at level becoming Man Utd but that result today should at least give the players huge confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Obviously United can still win the league, in the sense that everyone above will drop at least 7 points by the end of the season. But it would involve putting together a run of results that haven't been seen in at least 3 years, out of nowhere. So, even more obviously, we shouldn't even be talking about it. :P

we had at least 5 chances to break in the last 20 minutes today and we messed all of them up - mata twice, rooney and memphis twice.

need to work on that aspect of our game - transitioning with speed. its our biggest flaw in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a result after a brutal performance for long stages of the game but played a bit in the second half couldn't get anything going in the first half

Was certain Pool would nick a goal but Big Dave was having none of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Love this guys passion, even though he had a poor enough game.

https://twitter.com/manutdvines/status/688771936978100224

Thats him going mad at the end

It's simply no wonder we all love him. Form aside, whatever aisde, you love seeing a player, especially foreign, just ****ing love the club.

we had at least 5 chances to break in the last 20 minutes today and we messed all of them up - mata twice, rooney and memphis twice.

need to work on that aspect of our game - transitioning with speed. its our biggest flaw in my opinion.

Totally agree Homer.

It's actually so bad, it's annoying.

But I'll take 3 points today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Appreciate peoples concerns over the performance, I'm the same to be honest.

But at the same time, double over Liverpool again <3

Louis-van-Gaal-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/TotallyMUFC/status/688791922400448512

Louis van Gaal: "We are seven points behind (the leaders) and we have to oversee that"

Gained 2 points this weekend on both the leaders. Need to keep it up.

• Advertisement

It was a huge day for Van Gaal, that picture emphasises it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement